youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6FnhUM2u8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>she's beautiful
cringe. But anyways I'm hyped. Thanks op

This show is bad.

Fuck this gay shit

Woo, Tumblr Universe. No.

>she's beautiful
I really wanted to just shut the video off at that point.

>Two pilots, one gem
The mad woman

Holy shit, the audience is timed like a fucking sitcom track.

>She's beautiful
Really? She's 12 years old. Those fags whine about anything not politically correct and yet that's okay?

Finally, thanks for posting. Max hype, I can't wait for the next eps

>Misha was in the audience

Hmmmm

>Raped Captain Harlock

....Okay. Time to exterminate Sugar.

>It's a cheesy 80s anime episode
I can't fuckin wait

the first video is seriously cringy
the second one was fine I guess

Am i the only one who ships Lars and Emerald? Sort of getting a Batman/Catwoman feeling, or maybe Lupin

Lars x Padparadscha is the one true ship pleb

>Steven Universe finally becoming intriguing

What timeline is this?

>All this off-screen progress that will probably be completely undone after this episode since it's played all for a joke

Why not both?

There's going to be a timeskip?

The best we can hope for under Trump.

They got bullied so much for season 4 that they had to make it good

When was the last time an episode came out?

Two new Crystal Gems in the trailer.
Are we going to see them soon? The answer is no.
But hey, Smoky's here again. I guess her voice actress is cheap.

comic con is cringe central
youtube.com/watch?v=W5QUHLGytdA
I'm listening

Awww damn, that trailer, tho.

this
>steven universe
>good
you can only pick one

>***Reference*** episode

Oh joy...

>steven universe good
There.

Sup Forumsmblr pls go

>...
>***
disrcod is in the other way

Holy fuckin' shit, this is probably the most hyped I've ever been with SU, this season looks promising as fuck.

>I said this three separate times already but I still haven't learned my lesson

Is lars outfit another shitty 80s anime regerence

I haven't seen the anime but it looked like Captain Harlock's outfit to me

>Emerald has Lars cornered
>They fight causing the ship to crash
>Emerald, Lars, and Padparadscha are on a beastly planet (maybe some flood type shit, it might be interesting to introduce an enemy species to the gems, or maybe it's a world of forced gem fusions/experiments gone wrong) and have to get to some rundown abandoned homeworld site for any hope of getting off
>Emerald and Lars have to work together while Padparadscha is being cute in the background cause she can't really do anything useful
>Begin to respect each other's skill and bond over the trek
>It's nighttime and they have to huddle in some cave
>Dat sexual tension
>Lars being a smug prick
>Emerald knocks him down, but doesn't really know how to fuck a human
>Lars smugly walks her through it
>"Oh dear, Lars, I think Emerald is interested in the human body"
>Padparadscha joins in
>I seriously just want an image of Lars saying he's about to cum, cumming on Padparadscha, a panel of just her sitting in silence while covered in cum, then saying something like "Lars, warn me before you do that"
I know this is some shitty writing but I don't care, better than moon over june

>capitan harlock
>shitty
i will slap your shit boy

>being this salty over nothing

>it's a 'I don't know how to have fun' episode
You must lead a sad life. I'm sorry

I dropped this after rockaldo. What the fuck is going on with Lars?

>not knowing the works of Leiji Matsumoto

He's a pink zombie stranded on homeworld now.

>you must be fun at parties xD

Of course someone who thinks "reference = good" would have no originality

Honestly rocknaldo was arguably the last bad episode (some would argue Tiger philanthropist and Doug out were bad but others wouldn't)

these are all great opinions

The second trailer is more trailer-like. It likely misleads us in some way. But dear god, Lars being a ship-stealing, Harlock-dressing, Stainless Steel Rat of a punk with a semi-star-trek style crew of misfit gems? Including Pad as a bridge bunny? This pleases me greatly.

>Everyone is hyped becouse of this

You're so easy to please

These look fucking awful. Dear god.

Calling it now, that first bit is a dream or something. There's no logical way Lars could do all of that unless it's some kind of character development.

What did she mean by this?

I thought the smug face was a reference to ryo from devilman.

That's fine. I'll just be over here not drowning in my own cynicism and misunderstandings on entertainment.

>logical
no time for that

Don't boast about having no standards and thinking shit like Epic Movie is good writing because "references are fun!".

>tfw they couldn't feasibly develop Lars character on screen in a believable way
>they had to make it all happen off screen
Well at least I won't hate Lars as much

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6FnhUM2u8

Then don't boast and samefag about your dislike of a children's cartoon and thinking your above everyone else. Simple as that, summerfag. Now go ahead, use your shitty insults on how wrong I am and how I shouldn't live up to expectations.

Bingo Bongo.

It's so disappointing how mediocre this show is. It wants to be epic space opera and fujo anime AND townie slice of life and it does none of them well.

>implying we won't get an extensive flashback episode ala The New Crystal Gems that demonstrates how Lars managed to take over the ship

Don't worry about it, Sucrose has this covered.

>children's cartoon
>that you like

>shitty insults
>summerfag

Nice job. Spoken like a true tumblrite.

You know we won't, don't lie to him

Does Sugar just have her Ukulele on hand at all time (more likely it was planned than spontaneous)

This. It keeps trying so hard to be everything so it ends up doing everything mediocre. References to anime don't make you a good show.

Pros:

>Connie's still cute

Cons:

>the rest

It's not so much the anime references, it's the blatant unoriginality bordering on straight up copying.

>connie
>cute

>Epic Movie
Never seen it, but looking it up, it sounds horrible. I'm of the mind, though, that an episode being based off of one reference and having fun with it isn't a bad thing. If you honestly feel so cynical and misguided in thinking that just because something is based on a reference it's bad, then you clearly must be new to animation as a whole.

Which means that you probably hate the likes of Looney Tunes, Dexter's Lab, and a plethora of other series that have had entire episodes and shorts based off of a reference of some kind that they created a story out of. That, in the long run, is quite a sad existence to lead, my dear user.

A homage is considered unoriginality now?

And it wouldn't be so bad if they actually ever DID some of it. All of this stuff Lars and the Diamond and bickering about back and forth, would have been nice to see. The show has always been 90% dicking around town while they whine and doubt their ability to save anybody, and 10% actual attempts to save people in space against these massive antagonists that are so inconsequential beyond the fact that they exist.

Seriously, Lars was a blithering mess who came back from the dead and now he's a fucking anime space pirate captain in the span of, what, an episode? God awful pacing, always. Way too much telling and not enough showing.

im sorry that i'm not a massive trap fucking faggot like you all

Whats funny is despite all the hate in this thread, somehow Sup Forums will still have tons of threads praising SU whenever it airs. Yeah. Keep at that why doncha.

When your show is so lacking in substance it needs homage to fill in large gaps, yes.

>not being a massive trap faggot

It's literally just one guy doing this shit, everybody else is hyped in the other thread or in /trash/.

>Comparing Steven Universe to any collection of comedic shorts

There's your first problem. SU has some sense of progression, even if the narration is shitty, it's still there. But to have a shit ton of character development and progress happen off screen for nothing more than anime references it's garbage. If you can't see how and think this show is somehow on the same level of Looney Tunes, no wonder you garble up any shit this show puts out.

it's just a cape or a jacket, i really don't know you fucking drama queen

>Throws around labels like samefag and summerfag to try and seem superior

>Stop voicing your opinion! You're not having fun unless I say so!

You mean retards who like the show will fill the show general when the show airs? Yeah that happens for every show no matter the quality. Big mystery.

Keep believing that. And of course all the hype is in /trash/, between the inflated furry and diaper threads. What does that tell you?

>Using /trash/ as any sort of metric

?

It's very obviously more than that. And again, a piece of clothing is one thing, an entire plot point in your progressive narrative is another.

>It's literally just one guy doing this shit
there was literally and SU hate thread earlier

Passing off an extended anime parody as major plot development might be "original" but not in a good way.

There are basically three options:
1) This is "the new canon" for Lars and it all happened off screen and was all done in the form of a parody.
2) This is some sort of fake-out sequence that is quickly rolled back.
3) This is a Ritalin-fueled Steven exaggeration of the way things happened, meaning not only did the things that lead up to this happened off screen, but the things depicted THEMSELVES happened off screen.
And they're all awful.

Lars's survival on Homeworld and Homeworld's initial interaction with not just rogue elements but open and armed rebellion are major fucking plot points and it's all done as a gag.

I can't wait for more crying and Steven being an annoying faggot. I sure hope there's another big anticlimax like the ones we've gotten so far. They're the best!

We won't. Why do you think they wasted too much time on the Lars and Emerald talk? That should be enough.

You seem quite misguided, user. You seem to think that I'm placing this series on the same level of Looney Tunes when all I was doing was using a couple cartoons as an example to show that cartoons having an episode involving a reference is something that isn't new.

You seem to be taking what happened so personally, and acting as if the cartoon kicked your puppy. It's just a cartoon, user. There's no need to get upset.

This, reference episodes are pretty trashy, SPECIALLY on SU(no that i hate the show but the reference sucks most of the time)

>A board called /trash/ can hold better cartoon discussion than Sup Forums
Maybe the mods did us a favour in banning us there.

Wow so original

If it wasn't for the merch, they would have canceled this crap years ago.

>I have no retort, so if I act as condescending as possible, it makes me look artificially right!

No, everyone still sees how painfully dumb and wrong you are.

The way you argue tells me you're not very intelligent or successful and probably work some low level management job at PetSmart, tops.

>No, everyone still sees how painfully dumb and wrong you are.
This is a problem?

How about you go back

great and original, mind you

If you think so then you're free to go back there and stay there. Are you actually upset not everybody likes your crappy show?

Not quite. I mean, it's not gonna derail the show completely, in all probability.
Yet, this is not a joke, but a setup for Lars' further conflict in the season. His parents and Sadie are in tears, Lars is a fucking space pirate. That revelation is likely coming a few eps in, at which point Steven might want to persuade Lars go return home and not risk his unlife out there. And when he returns with that super fast ship he stole, HW will come for retribution etc. That is quite literally what has been predicted about how Lars could get back home. But with 200% more Harlock than expected.

>and probably work some low level management job at PetSmart, tops.
>low level management
Oh please, user, you're giving me too much credit. I'm a cashier at Hy-Vee

Okay but what is he had the skull from his death shirt on his chest with some crossbones beneath it?