Would a character like Alice be allowed nowadays?

Would a character like Alice be allowed nowadays?

Yes

Didn't AS have reruns of this on just a few weeks ago

Probably. [as] doesn't really give a fuck.

Maybe it's because I'm usually jaded over threads that open up with bait, but how's about you go fuck yourself?

Obviously. Do you think we've progressed to the point where trannies are taken seriously? cause we haven't.

She's basically transsexual blackface, I'm surprised nobody complained at the time.

This

What a clever impersonation of a stupid gullible person, OP.

>transsexual blackface
wouldn't drag queens be closer to that? alice actually was transsexual.

It's [adult swim]. Only stoners, idiots, and basement-dwelling wizard-virgins watch [as]. Why the fuck would they care?

She is a comical caricature of how bigots see trans people

not every insensitive portrayal can be considered "the x equivalent of blackface."

The highest profile transexual in Sup Forums land is probably Chris Chan.

I think you can make a case that she's the most sympathetic character on the show. I also can't think of a better transexual cartoon character on this side of the co/a divide.

Most importantly 'Hons exist and are a real part of the transexual community, even if everyone, including transexuals themselves discriminate the fuck out of them. I think that the transfags who are against the character are being bigots.

At best, Alice is a horribly insensitive portrayal of a transgender woman in US media. Her backstory, while sympathetic, is almost a direct rebuttal to the "average" experiences of trans people in the US. Trans people generally do not undergo gender reassignment just for the sake of getting laid.

>Trans people generally do not undergo gender reassignment just for the sake of getting laid.
lol

I knew a trans guy who liked Superjail and he had no problem with Alice and thought she was fine representation, but he was also unanalytical to a fault. None of my other trans friends have said anything about it to my knowledge and it's not like I'm gonna ask. It's still definitely not a sensitive portrayal, but I don't really think it matters. There are many more pressing issues facing the trans community.

What the fuck is a "'Hons"?

There's nothing to be ashamed of, user, your experience is unsual but valid and no one can take that away from you.

That's what Chris Chan did. Though Chris is too poor to get surgery.

Christian Weston Chandler is an outlier.

In...many regards.

>unsual
have you taken one look at /lgbt/, user?

Have you considered that a board on Sup Forums, the same site that gave birth to Project Chanology, is not exactly representative of trans people in general?

oh, i'm sorry. have you looked at literally any other website? "cotton ceiling" bullshit rhetoric spewed everywhere. mtfs on /r/MtWhatevertheFuck talking about how wearing women's clothing turns them on and that's how they really knew they were women. it's for fetish/sexual reasons the large majority of the time.

You don't get out of your father's rape closet very much, do you?

whatever you say, hon.

I'm not your hon, sug.

There are so few transexuals and the political, social and technological climate is changing about them so fast that I might argue that there's no such thing as an average experience. But even if accept your thesis, so what?

Jared's various addictions aren't some sort of message about midgets or accountants.

Alice doesn't need to be representative, or close to average any more than Superjail needs to represent the criminal justice system.

The world is full of ugly people who make questionable decisions in the name of love, and transsexuals certainly aren't an exception to that. There's a real, human story there.

I didn't say Alice was a BAD character. I said she was an insensitive one. I actually liked that they gave her a sympathetic (for "Superjail") backstory.

By the show's standards, alice is a pretty rad character. Out of context, she's at best misguided satire and at worst outright bigotry.

I would extend that. Is there any other transexual cartoon character that's better? If not, she's the best in all of cartoons.

So you think it's OK to show Nazis, mass murderers, mass-murdering rapists as protagonists in a TV show intended for family audiences on prime time fro a major network, misogynists, bimbos, Jewish stereotypes straight out of 1930s German propaganda, illiterate gangster blacks, but a transsexual that isn't a role model? Nope, the thought police are going to get you.

EVERYTHING is allowed on TV. Except for boobies. If people complain you know what you do? You thank them for the free advertising.

>Is there any other transexual cartoon character that's better?

Hunter Gathers?

I don't know what triggers transfags, other than what looks like everything, but doesn't she come off with the same problems with Allice to them?

Transsexuality is mental illness being dressed up as a gender/civil rights thing. It's purely delusional and the victims of this mental illness should be helped, not capitulated with.

>Trans people generally do not undergo gender reassignment just for the sake of getting laid
Yeah. Usually it's the opposite.

There are shittons of obvious men who call themselves transgender women, Alice is the norm not the exception

>Helping mentally ill people.
You're the one needing help.