What the hell?

So I saw this: comicbookmovie.com/fantastic_four/doctor-doom-solo-movie-in-development-at-20th-century-fox-with-legion-creator-noah-hawley-a152647

How the hell are they even gonna make a Doom movie? 2 hours of some 20-something going around and being mad at RICHAAAAARDS before doing the Strange/Batman "train at Tibet" thing, ending with the DOOM armor atop the stairs of the palace? That'd be lame as fuck. Books of Doom is a nice story and all, but if I get sold a Doom movie, I want a DOOM movie.

Maybe they'll make it R & combine Triumph & Books? Give us some Mephisto action and shit? Sure, Mephisto is at Marvel, but Mephistopheles is public domain.

Maybe they're gonna make Reed the Maker or something? Have Doom and Latveria go to war against the Children of Tomorrow?

Thoughts?

Itll actually be an MF DOOM movie
Seriously though what are the chances they use his music in it?

MF Doom is a rapper. If they're serious about this, they won't use anything other than classical or epic music.

How much you wanna bet they are going to race-swap Doom like they did with Johnny Storm?

Oh boy, I can't wait for Fox to ruin Dr Doom AGAIN....as if the last three times weren't enough...

Depends. The SJWs see gypsies as only black, when they come in various colours (the more subhumans they are, the dark the skin, the more normal/fucntioning members of society they are, the whiter the skin), so they will bitch and moan. On the other hand, you simply cannot cast Denzel or something because Latveria is still Eastern European.

I can just see them changing the origin a bit. Over at 616 he's half gypsy and they've been residing in Latveria and nearby countires for years. Due to the mixing with the locals (you just know the pretty ones worked as whores) it ain't that far fetched for Doom to be white, considering Werner is most probably a native Latverian. Over at Ultimate he was Belgian with Balkan ancestry.

They'll end up casting a mid 40s well-known british actor though. And I won't complain, really. Doom's white in the books, there are many different AUs, and even in the 616 he has a germanic name, a Balkan father and resides in a fictional EE country. Just make him a Balkan and be done with it.

on one hand, the last time fox let someone do a "darker" take on the ff, they ended up hijacking the film and adding unfunny quips and ruined his vision

on the other, maybe deadpool taught them that dark stuff can be okay

Deadpool & Logan turned out great (Logan genuinely, DP was mediocre, but fresh for CBMs). And hell, X-Men, X2, DoFP & XM:FC all were darn good. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.It'snot like Marvel "let's add quips everywhere"Studios or the DCEU are doing any better.

Fox should just give the rights back to Marvel. At this point, they can't salvage them. Plus the Fantastic family belongs home in the MCU.

You really think MCU wouldgive us a better Doom? He'd just be the 2005 with a campy castle.

As long as they don't pull a Sony and try to make the Doom movie separate from Fantastic Four. That would make me drop it.

Plus I think it would be neat to see Richards and Victor's early riverly and such.

>You really think MCU wouldgive us a better Doom?
Uhhhh....like yeah?
All of Fox's portrays of Doom have S-H-I-T (especially the last one).
Hell, the MCU has done a better time with their villains than Fox has (not hard when they only use Magneto and Doom...POORLY, I might add).
Zemo, Vulture, Loki, and the Winter Soldier are all better than anything Fox has done desu.

Does anybody even have a casting pitch? I've seen Nikolaj Caster Waldou thrown around. Or Joaquin Phoenix. Doom fancasts are few and far between.

If you want a neutered and campy Doom, sure, yeah. Fox can utterly fail with their villains, or deliver some really great ones. With the MCU you know exactly what you're going to get, for better or worse. And a proper Doom cannot be done justice by them. Remove Hell, demons, sacrifices and all the spooky stuff from him and he's just a Pre-Humility Stark x Strange clone with Pierce's views.

They better not make Doom black. It's bad enough with the Dark Tower, I don't need Doom black.

Whaamatter white boi? Don't Eastern Europe have Kangz? SMDH, whiteys need a black King to bring order to their shitholes.

But nah, Fox ain't the MCU. They'll cast some British guy and make him do an Eastern accent.

Oh please, Honey.
Even Dormammu was better than anything Fox has done.
*pinches cheeks*
I know you feel all cool for being a contrarian for hating the based MCU and their high quality (seriously, just look at that infinity trailer). But you need to let Fox go. Fox is just raping these characters. They would be better off back home where they belong.

Fox fooled me three times, they won't fool me again. I'd rather go watch dogsshit like Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets or Baywatch again.

!(gr8 b8 m8)

If they stick to the original comic then it could be good. If they try to be experimental or change stuff like Trank and make him a tween then it is doomed.

>he's just a Pre-Humility Stark x Strange clone with Pierce's views.
Good. That's what he is. Let's not pretend otherwise, since no one here is illiterate.

It will be a crapfest.

Just like the rest of Fox's Fantastic Four related films.

And then Fox will wait another few years to shit out another turd of a movie.

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again

just to spite Disney/Marvel

you know what Fox should do?let Max Landis be in charge of these movies. at this point they have nothing to lose. He can't harm the brand, only help it. Plus he did work on Chronicle.

>. The SJWs see gypsies as only black
I'd be considered sjw by most of Sup Forums and I have never even seen a black gypsy let alone thought ally gypsies were black.
I didn't even know some were black.

Well, that's because you're probably American and don't see many around. They came from india, so they were originally dark brown. Nowadays they range from white, to Med, to brown. Due to the exposure of the sun and the factthey live on tin-cities, they turn "darker" due to suburns. Lots of folks who work on the fields get that as well. They start off white and end up looking like Arabs.

Either way, while Doom would realistically have a "tint" due to averages and all, it's not unrealistic that a half-gypsy would be white. And I honestly don't see them adapting the 616 origin that closely, as the whole thing is simply impossible to happen (american scouts running around the Balkans, Carvans, Barons in Eastern Europe). He'll probably be just a Latverian with a Roma grandma or something.

Noah Hawley is the only reason this interests me.