Opinions?

opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8qAdJTHQysI
independent.co.uk/news/world/world-history/winston-churchill-genocide-dictator-shashi-tharoor-melbourne-writers-festival-a7936141.html
youtu.be/Ef-qGiTNsGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MkTw3_PmKtc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Book
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its OK.
Oldman always has a shade of DUDE IM ACTING LMAO, and this film is no different.

Bleh. The tube sequence was one of the worst things I saw in cinema in 2017.

Gonna be disappointing when Oldman wins 'Best Actor' because Day-Lewis and Chalamet are far superior.

Day-Lewis was fantastic, he filled the character so well. Too bad he wont win again until his life-time achievement award.

>Chalamet
>superior

it's enough

I understand what they were trying to do, but I have a HARD time thinking a fucking Victorian Imperialist would have been fine with an interracial relationship in the middle of World War 2

Libs busy trying to rewrite WW2 once they died to minimize the US role. Britain was a cunt hair away from being a Nazi puppet state.

It was okay. Needed more Idris Elba.

also Churchill was a racist and a classist so that scene really felt straight out fantasyland

>Britain was a cunt hair away from being a Nazi puppet state.
Christ it never ceases to amaze me how historically illiterate people are, Hitler had no interest in the uk at all as historically Germany never did infact he spoke glowingly of the empire and said he wished to see it unharmed because he didn't want an american empire to replace it which funnily enough our "ally" roosevelt openly did. There was plans to invade the uk in 1940 that lasted all of 3 weeks because they just weren't interested, Germany's interests always lay in the east with the Ukraine and russia and in both wars Churchill did everything he could to get us involved when it had nothing to do with us.

Read the deluge by Adam tooze for a real in depth look at ww1 that isn't propaganda guff about good vs ebil or some childish notion.

The only vid you ever need to see on Churchill

youtu.be/8qAdJTHQysI

lies. Hitler planned on mass executions of british intellectuals and the restoration of the fascist prince who abdicated in the 1930s. He was planning on making Churchill's birthplace his official residence following his execution. All men 17 to 45 were to be rounded up and sent to work camps.

yeesh the whole secretary parts and train scene was just tacked on

If they had no interest in the conquest of the British Isles then why did the Luftwaffe pound away for months before getting spanked too hard to continue?

anglo propaganda

More like the darkest 2 hours

I couldn't see anything, every shot looked barely candlelit

>his office door says WC

Best comedy of 2017.

prolly because the brits declared war on them

this

independent.co.uk/news/world/world-history/winston-churchill-genocide-dictator-shashi-tharoor-melbourne-writers-festival-a7936141.html

is that louis ck?

It's pretty locked that Oldman will win Oscar, but it'd still be interesting to see who will get BAFTA.
>inb4 Kaluuya will win at Oscar because the white votes are split

Kike puppet warmonger.
Should have been tried for warcrimes to be honest

Boring, uninspired oscarbait; avoid watching it.
It's not a terrible film, but while watching it I kept thinking about how I would have much rather been watching Dunkirk again instead. It is everything that film left out, and for good reason.

youtu.be/Ef-qGiTNsGQ

>Gerrycucks

completely doing my head in why so many people from the edge lord web board see films for the retired demographic at the cinema - do you work there or something? can anyone from this thread do me a favour and explain why you went to see this or murder on the orient express or best marigold hotel, etc instead of i dunno, drinking or staying home? you don't have to see a movie you know?

BEADY
ANGLO
EYES

He killed millions...

The King was the best character. Everyone were a far second.

Best goy of all time.

Stop glorifying that drunkard warmonger that killed Britain

I haven't seen it, not even a trailer, but it's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MkTw3_PmKtc
the fight on beaches speech
Is this the real recording of it? the one in parliment. Or what it something they did after in a quiet room.?

>unleash the Luftwaffe against Britain
>lose
>"fucking anglos not accepting our peace offers"

>Gives credit of Churchill's success to a young black man dating a white woman
No mater how much you succeed in life, your memory will be cucked in death.

didnt knew he was facing so much resistance on the homefront by his warcabinet
pretty cool movie. With some good kino shots

Winston Churchill is a shitty person who was so bad at his job that he got voted out despite having defeated the Nazis a year prior, so in a way a shitty, boring, and ineffective movie is perfectly-suited for his legacy

What the fuck did Winston Churchill even do? Serious?

waited patiently for the americans and russian to save him

>here was plans to invade the uk in 1940 that lasted all of 3 weeks because they just weren't interested,
The plans were shelved because the Luftwaffe failed to beat the RAF, not because the Germans weren't interested. Sure, Hitler would have wanted peace with the Brits, but if he had thought he could knock Britain out of the war by force, he would have done it.

how many Jamicans were in britain during 1940

Made me a little Sup Forums if I'm being honest.

>waaaah he diverted food to the war effort during fucking 1943

What a whiny little faggot.

I've been to India recently and they mostly fucking love the British and feel quite proud of the relationship we had/have with them.

They feel a sense of pride that they were gifted independence.

I'm sick of actors gaining weight to play Winston Churchill simply because I hate seeing that pathetic fat, ugly cuck

Explain Dunkirk.

Presided over the death of the greatest empire ever to exist up to that point.

He was a good first lord of the admiralty and a good wartime leader, but thats it. When it came down to actual politics and running a country day to day, he was absolute shit.

>a good wartime leader
how?

Tbf he was going up against the liar Atlee who was running on policies of giving free shit to everyone with the long term plan of 'dont worry, I'm sure out grand children will figure out some way of paying for the NHS'.

Hitler hadn't yet realized by Dunkirk how committed the Brits were to the war and he dreamed that now that he had beaten France, he had ended the war with Britain/France. He also was cautious and wanted to conserve his army for the finishing stroke south against the remains of France's army.
The Battle of Britain was a serious attempt to knock Britain out of the war by force, either by destroying British industry, by gaining air superiority over Britain (which would make an invasion attempt possible), or by weakening the British desire to keep fighting. However, the Battle of Britain turned into an attrition slog that was even more costly for the Germans than it was for the British, and Hitler perceived that no progress was being made, so he called the thing off.

What was up with the random Race Mixed couple in that scene? Did they just have to throw that one in?

Walked out of it, not because it was bad but because it was an 11 at night showing and I almost fell asleep.
Went because my friend wanted to see it and we had just finished a Fathom Event screening of The Room

>Fathom Event screening of The Room
reddit

I love you too user

>Nazi's didn't want to touch Britain but they had plans to though and pulled out of invading it.
Maybe because it would've been a stupid fucking idea to invade Britain. You're making it out to be le Germans wanted peace. But in reality the only reason why they pulled out from invading them was because at that point in time and better to starve them of resources and aid from America, by using, I don't know, the Luftwaffe, mines, and submarines surrounding the isles ... Now this sounds like something they actually attempted to do. (And failed)

>Blatant Race mixing propaganda in the tube segment
>Didn't show Churchill had dealings with the Zionists, which was one of the reasons he hated the Germans
>Halifax and Chamberlain implied to be Nazi traitors
Good things is that it showed Winston being a imperfect being, The King and Gary Oldman

7/10

Churchill just waited until he knew the US was on board before he started getting all motivational

>it's an other "hitler dindu nuffin the british are evil" episode

Churchill was a fat drunken piece of shit.

underrated

>another fucking winston churchill related movie

I gave it 4.5 on letterboxd but been thinking it over ever since

watched Phantom Thread before it and earned a 5 from me

do it again Bomber Harris

IIRC, British chief-of-staff Alexander is quoted as having said: "out of the ten ideas Churchill has a day, I have to filter out of the bad, and only one is slightly not awful". So really Churchill could be pretty imaginative, and that I remember, the Malayan campaign only started under his impulse, as did the swinging through Italy, and then the imagined launch into the Balkans.

Also Churchill kept up far better relations with the French than that faggot FDR did, who continually snubbed de Gaulle, and also had the guts to stand against Stalin (even though he colluded with him too, Percentages Agreement and all). But he was far too antagonist for peacetime I think.

classic mumblecore

>Up ya bum?
>*waluigi laugh*

Is this that dry British wit I've heard so much about?

wasn't there a churchill film last year with brian cox? the fuck?

churchill is worse scum than stalin, fuck that arya stark looking ass

S

>that faggot FDR
Why the homophobia?

bLACCK PEEPLE IN LONDON IN 1940 LOL OLLOL.

The Real Churchill would have told the nigger to fuck off back to Africa instead of fucking him with his eyes.

As in, a person that wasn't very nice.

I might have well said, that "dipshit FDR" but faggot just fell into my lap as an insult tp use while writing this. I realize it's not very appropriate though, and apologize for using such an awful word in a demeaning way like that.

By Allah, this is bait

"No".
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Book

He killed squillions. . .

>waaaaaah hitler planned to kill all british intellectuals
Fuck off, you lying hook-nose.

I'm just waiting for a remake of Zulu with mixed ethnicities

What do you mean "explain Dunkirk", you fucking imbecile? Are you referring to that thoroughly debunked myth that Hitler "let" the British escape?

I doubt they'll remake Zulu at all.

'Too racist'.

what the fuck was the battle of britain then retard?

To 'knock' Britain out of the war.

This. Movie was decent up until that retarded scene.

>you fucking imbecile
>proceeds to not back up his point

Answer my questions, you insipid sophist.

>explain Dunkirk
>user explained Dunkirk
>another user spergs out

Whose really the imbecile here?

Not him, but you already have a well made explanation in the shape of: .

In the things he hasn't said, there's also that Hitler, and his very own staff such as Rundesdt weren't eager to commit their tanks against a well-entrenched French army, when they knew they'd be making their tanks the heart of the next advance into the Somme against the French reserves scattered across Northern France. Hitler later also made it an "ego" thing to deny his generals their right to account, so as tp better seat his authority in the Heer, and wanted the spoils of defeating the French and British army at Dunkirk to go to his friend Goering, who lead the Luftwaffe.

Now fuck off.

He just didn't care about day to day stuff. He was perfectly fine as a wartime PM. That he's still viewed with general positivity to this day by most people attests to that.

Him and Eden being so shit as PM's after the war though is more a result of Britain losing its control over its empire in a Post WW2 world, and just generally struggling to accommodate changes in society to how politics work.

That said, the movie was pretty good. Kind of reminded me of The King's Speech. I wouldn't call it brilliant or groundbreaking though, but definitely worth a watch if you've got nothing better to do. If you're still skeptical, it's a good Friday night flick to see at home when it's out digitally or on DVD.

Yeah I read it. Thanks for that.

>Now fuck off

at what point did I disagree with you? Go outside maybe.

He used prosthetics user.

Then watch Dunkirk afterwards.

>at what point did I disagree with you? Go outside maybe.
Alright my bad, but you already had an explanation for Dunkirk up-thread and chose to ignore it apparently.

No, I didn't. I just didn't reply to it, you strawmanning fucking pleb.

Not to derail, but I haven't seen it yet. I never got a chance to check it out in theaters which was a shame, cause I think it's one that would probably be better in a theater. How was the movie though, good? I heard mixed things about it but it's hard to tell if it's just lunatics hating Nolan because he's Nolan, or if they had valid points (or both). Same for the praise.

Because Britain declared war on them.

>thoroughly debunked myth that Hitler "let" the British escape

what is the Halt Order for 500 please

Great movie

>Churchill did everything he could to get us involved when it had nothing to do with us.
Nice revisionism, Sup Forumstard. Churchill only came into power after Hitler had shit the bed and declared war. He was given the chance to pull out of Poland, which he refused.