Usagi Yojimbo appearing in turtle ninja

The first appearance of Usagi in Nick's drawing has already passed. What did you think? Are you anxious for Usagi to show up at IDW? What do you think of this rabbit?

Other urls found in this thread:

redworld-96.tumblr.com/post/163319812486/tmnt-2012-season-5-episode-07-yojimbo-full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is he wearing a ball gag?

>What did you think?
Pretty dull episode. Though I could say the same about the rest of season 5 so far, to be honest.

???

This episode was fucking rad. I knew it was going to be good as soon as I saw Stan's writing credit.

Can you link it?

You should practice that English a bit more, pal.

redworld-96.tumblr.com/post/163319812486/tmnt-2012-season-5-episode-07-yojimbo-full

I love you mate

Akemi

Ok, this was pretty good.

I hope some Nick executive likes this enough to greenlight a Usagi Yojimbo series.

Usagi is so kino I hope this doesn't ruin him at all.

This was written by Stan himself, so I don't think it will.

Is there another link? One without that fu*ing redworld name in the middle of the screen?

Quick reminder that this is the best turtle.

I'm not a huge Nick TMNT fan, but I'd kill for a whole series of this.

>the cold open is Usagi's first confrontation with Jei ripped straight from the comic

Are the Usagi comics something I need to read then?

I'm only familiar with him from the 2003 TMNT episodes. And I only watched those for the first time earlier this month because I'm on a turtle binge.

Yes you should read them

Usagi is the best

This is actually good and feels like Usagi.

>Written by Stan Sakai

So when are we getting a Usagi Yojimbo series?

Yes. Jesus, yes, go do it. And don't pirate it, give Stan money.

Leo is the best turtle

Thanks man but that water mark is going to drive me mad

He's not, it's part of the straps of his hat.

Aw man a to be continued. I was getting into it there at the end.

Would love to see a proper Usagi series in this vein

Pretty cool

now I want an Usagi series

So I haven't watched this series since like season 2.

The fuck's been happening. They ever deal with that karai shit that meandered like crazy

Jei seems like a fun villain

>They ever deal with that karai shit that meandered like crazy

Not that I recall? I watched every episode but the best I can remember she just kind of got control of her mutation. It doesn't really come up anymore.

It was never a well-written show.

>Jei seems like a fun villain

if by fun you mean absolutely terrifying and leaving nothing but shattered hope and death in his wake, then yes. He's a fun villain.

Is Usagi Yojimbo on hiatus right now?
Its been over half a year since the last issue came out.

Is Stan okay?

So do they ever explain what his deal is or is he just "Crazy guy who for some reason can't die"

I made this ages ago

Doubt it ever gets used tho

He was originally just a monk, a good guy. But to save someone, he basically allowed himself to be cursed by the evil entity that is now Jei. The evil entity is just an evil entity from deep inside a cave.

So everything a good villain should be

checked em and is the girl he travels with special in any way?

I want a R-rated Usagi movie.

Good times those were.

It is, but I think it's because of the crossover stuff. I believe we are also getting another comic crossover that is multiple issues. I really hope we get Tomoe's wedding soon. It's really the only loose string I need to see finished before the story ends.

lol. why someone would draw that?

farewell, Tomoe

>Is Stan okay?

Is Stan ever okay?

>and is the girl he travels with special in any way?

No idea. She seems to be able to sense who Jei is regardless of what body he's in but right now she's just kind of creepy as fuck

>tfw for some reason UGS numbers 5 and 6 hardcovers are available on amazon.ca for less than the paperbacks

Debating whether I should get them, already have them in paperback though

>I really hope we get Tomoe's wedding soon. It's really the only loose string I need to see finished before the story ends.

Are we just giving up on Hikiji getting his comeuppance altogether?

Bad joke. You had to be there.

I don't think we ever will.
Not at the hands of usagi at least, I'm imagining if hikiji does eventually get what's coming to him it will be in something fitting but rather anticlimatic, like being exposed and shamed before the shogun.

It's great if he does, but with just the nature of the series and Usagi's ever changing philosophy I could see him potentially revoking his duty to seek revenge. Though Jei really does need to be taken care of once and for all. We have also had hints of western explorers coming to Japan and it would be nice to see Usagi making some European friends. He's currently not a big fan of them. I could also potentially see Katsuichi sensei or Sasuke the Demon Queller dying.

Sakai's really good at huge epic battles so I'd love to see a massive throwdown between Hikiji and the Geishu Clan to cap the series.

And Noriyuki should be the one to kill Hikiji.

That would be a pretty satisfying end. Though how would Hebi die? I've actually always found him cooler that Hikiji.

Usagi kills him after Hebi kills Tomoe

All this Usagi talk got me researching. The next omnibus comes out this week. And we should be getting an inspector Ishida story in September.

Would make more sense to kill Chizu off.

>And Noriyuki should be the one to kill Hikiji.

I think I'd just as soon see Hikiji go a step too far and the whole thing blow up in his face.

No honorable death in battle, no grand showdown in a clash of wills, just a simple order to commit suicide from the Shogun.

Chizu is going to go and raise Ninja Cabbit babies

I'm pretty sure I have the book detailing that.

She can sense him even in other bodies; her counterpart in Space Usagi was a telepath whose powers were just awakening but were still extremely powerful.

Beyond that, the main thing about her is that she reminded him of the girl that he saved from that illness by selling his soul to darkness.

Always liked Usagi. I just bought this.

It's a remarkably well-made figure for Playmates. It's every bit as good as the original four turtle releases, which were by far the best of the 2012 Nick figure line.

The only bummer is no other non-TMNT characters. Not even a Jei, who's in the three-parter along with Usagi.

I was eyeing the samurai armor one online

Hey I know this is not really on topic with thread but I just wanted to ask weren't the 2012 turtles supposed to have a second crossover with the 87 turtles?

Hey I know this is not really on topic with thread but I just wanted to ask weren't the 2012 turtles supposed to have a second crossover with the 87 turtles?

lol
the promo images for the 2003 show made the turles look ripped as fuck.
they never looked that good in the cartoon itself

It's coming but it's some time away yet.

What's this episode's kill count?

September 17th it seems like.

>Are the Usagi comics something I need to read then?
It's one of the best stories of the medium. This isn't even a question.

>Are the Usagi comics something I need to read then?

Very much so yes.

Also this. The comics aren't just READ THEM good, they're BUY THEM good

>tea ceremony
FUCK YEAH

I want to cum on Usagi's huge paws.

iTunes/iBooks preview

>the TMNT themselves do not appear in this preview
FIN

So... did he basically kill/scare them all screaming? Ok.

Curious about the episode, though. Os ir a two parter?

The Nick cartoon is a three parter.

Is calling Usagi a "smelly rabbit" racist?

Who knows if we will ever see Hikiji again.

I know Stan said that he regretted making him a human.

Also we got senso, so I dunno if we will ever get another ending.

Originally Stan was writing her to be Jei's second body to possess.

But then he decided that was pretty fucking dark and had him possess someone else's body.

So right now she's just the little girl that Jei is oddly attached to

Any recommended reading guides to TMNT or Usagi?

Dunno about TMNT, but just start from the beginning with Usagi.

Its like 90% episodic with the occasional multi issue arc.

"A samurai cannot live under the same sky as the killer of his lord or father" was said a few times early on

After all this time, does Usagi even know Hikiji killed his father?

He's lost his grandson and his wife, but he remarried so that's one thing

He lost his grandson too?

Shit

>Usagi thread

Yay!

As for the topic... The main comic stopped for months AGAIN to allow IDW's and Nick's crossovers to be finalized. I hope both turn out good. Stan writes and draws the comic, so at least that should be done right, but the declining quality of the show makes me worry about the cartoon's Usagi storyline. At least it will be told in multiple episodes, so it may not turn out to be a rushed mess like many so other Nick special appearances.

Read the first volume of TMNT. Everything written by Eastman and Laird. Guest era...honestly, just read descriptions and decide what sounds interesting. Don't forget to read Leo's micro before #10 and Raph's micro somewhere before that.
Second volume is bad. It sets up a lot of stuff and than rushes through them. Also, it treats Casey horribly and harms one of the better stories from Guest era. And throughs one interesting supporting character away for no reason.
Third volume is non-canon. Has some good ideas that go nowhere.
Fourth volume starts promising, but than goes bonkers. Cockroach sex with April involved, user. Also, shilling for Honda.
Read IDW Turtles. It's ongoing and pretty fun.

Meant for

>literally a cliffhanger ending
Heh.

Not an exceptionally amazing episode (though for the show's standards, it was top tier), but Usagi and Jei were both fantastic. That first sequence with Jei, straight from the comics, simply brilliant. Putting focus on Usagi, not turtles, was a smart move. I also like how TMNT literally appeared because magic, fuck you, I am not explaining shit - it saved some time. Plus we got Sakai drawn flashbacks, some nice fight scenes and even a killcount (with creative cuts and choreography to make deaths PG). Overall, it was bretty good. If Chizu appears it's gonna be extatic, but anyone else from Usagi's supporting cast would be cool as well. Not likely though, they most likely will focus on the rabbit and turtles interacting.

I also love how ridiculously OP Usagi is, he is making turtles look like amateurs. If there won't be any "get him, he's just a single guy!" scene later on I'll be pissed.

Was the girl from the comics? I don't remember her

Simply by virtue of the fact that there were so many ways they could have fucked it up and avoided it, it was a terrific episode.

Two minutes in and I'm already fanboying hard

That was pretty great

I'm surprised they let Usagi be the lead in the episode.

And damn he was badass

Shame Usagi is still too violent to probably get a tv show. Even if its mostly bloodless, he kills a lotta fuckers

Kinda odd they made his frown his default face. The creases he has in the comics just became a tone on his skin here.

I guess the budget doesn't allow for that wide of variations for his face?

She was supposed to be Tomoe but Nieli decided to change her looks and name.

I figured as much

Wonder why they changed her

Fucker.

Real answer?
Copyright or money (most likely both). Stan gets paid for the use of his characters, you know.