CW's The Ray

youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

>Earth X
>Freedom fighters
>Nazi Flash and Arrow
>Nazi Supergirl
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phantom Lady

This already looks miles better than Vixen.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Need that guy who tried to claim Johns was an egomaniac preventing DC from adapting Morrison stuff to post again so I can laugh at him

Is this going to be a 5 minutes episode series without a worldwide release like Vixen?

Probably. Though it'll probably end up on DC's streaming service at some point.

That looks rad as fuck

>red skies

so its going to end with Ray coming to the main CW universe isnt it? Is CW-Earth just going to become a refugee center for people from other Earths?

Then into the cesspool it goes. You can't have a proper buildup in just 5minutes.

So which show is he going to crossover with?

like Vixen they'll probably release it altogether and add in more material to make it a proper movie

Ok, that actually looked awesome and I am excited. Nazi Flash and Arrow is hype.

Is it safe to say good DC animation is back ?

>it's been six years since the freedom fighters had their own book
>it's been eleven years since a Quality character had their own book in the double digits

And now they have their own cartoon.

Likely, it's CW Seed

>This already looks miles better than Vixen.
Vixen got better in "season" 2

>that fire effect when they take out the non-Jin-Roh tank guy

Yikes

>Nazis take over America fantasy
>The world is on fire because Nazis won, unlike our current Communist paradise.
Jesus we really fought on the wrong side if these Jews still project this shit onto media.
On the other hand
>Nazi Supergirl
>Nazi Flash
>Nazi Green Arrow.
That's already three out of 5 of my top favorite heroes of all time. Fuck yes.

Murdoch is downright embarrassing to watch. I honestly hope you don't consider this schlock as some genius political commentary or watch it for the message. People can't be that pathethic... right?

Nah I

Nah I know it gets cringey but it's still funny to watch sometimes.

I will be really mad if there won't be any Freedom Force references.

god this is stupid. You know there was quite an strong support of the nazis in america right? and also nazies won so every thing must be ruined and on fire....wow how clever. also why would all the refugees be white?

ITT: Newfags who don't know what Earth X is

>The world is on fire because Nazis won, unlike our current Communist paradise.
Are you living in Red Dawn? Because I just looked outside my window and nothing's on fire. Just birds and trees and cars like usual. I can agree that if the Nazis won, they probably wouldn't have deliberately made the world into a complete hellhole for no apparent reason, but don't act like they're the good guys.

The voices and artstyle don't mend well together to me

This feels so unconnected from the rest of the CW stuff, I don't get the point of doing this over just making an original animated short.

More good than the allies that's for damn sure.

oh sorry....i just live in an country were being white means i am automatically an racist monster. Were white people are murdered at an drop of an hat. I am so sorry that i don't know about your america saved the world wank fantasy. Fuck you!

normies were a mistake

>S E E T H I N G

you have no idea.

Are you German?

You are hilarious desu

It's using Nazi Alts of Flash, Green Arrow and Supergirl
The Supergirl design for Red Tornado
The CW has leaned pretty heavily into the multiversal stuff between the Flash and Supergirl
And we've known that a Crisis is coming for years
This all fits in their mythology pretty well

By doing something a bit more ambitious like this for the Ray, it gives me hope for what they plan for Constantine

Well the show Constantine mirrored the Swamp Thing story that introduced John and led directly into CoIEs.

I'm digging this Phantom Lady outfit. It's modern, yet doesn't sacrifice a nice display of cleavage.

>Jesus we really fought on the wrong side if these Jews still project this shit onto media.
>it was wrong the fight the Nazis because Jewish people can get annoying about that shit

No but I don't need to be to see that the allies were just as shit and deceptive as they are now. Just listen to Hitler's speech when he declared war on the U.S. Everything he says about ''our lord and savior'' Roosevelt mirrors exactly the shit our leaders have been doing in recent times. Preach peace while being aggressive as fuck behind the scenes.

Goddamit i am getting waay to Sup Forums here.. sigh do stupid. Enjoy your nazies won slash fiction. dammit this is the wrong place to talk about this shit. s

>Supergirl
>Flash
>Green Arrow
Really? 3 of your top 5? Do you read comics or just shitpost?

Are Freedom Fighters threads now forever ruined by Sup Forums being triggered?

yeah pretty much...sorry

Absolutely.

Is that... a black Nazi?

But the US didn't have gas chambers

No, dummy, that's Black Condor, one of the Freedom Fighters.

Whwb isn't Sup Forums triggered?

The black guy is part of the Nazi resistance.
If it follows comics each is a person Nazi's persecuted. Ray is homosexual and he is black. Phantom Lady is a gypsy I think.

Thanks anons.

>Nazi Supergirl.
>That haircut.

Mein Fuhrer, I am erect.

If you mean by homicidal gas chambers, then neither did Germany. If by gas chambers to delouse clothing to prevent typhus as is normal for a concentration camp, then yes the US did as did Germany. But go ahead and show me a video of gassed victims, actual homicidal gas chambers, or even a picture would do. Obvious air raid shelters at Auschwitz next to the fake chimney on the grass that leads to nothing is not evidence.

What about Doll Man?

What's their problem with Red Tornado?

Who is this guy? I thought he was Doll Man at first, but I didn't see him shrink and he was flying around.

I think he is Jewish.
I forget if he was in the comic.

Jehova's Witness in Morrison's Mastermen, probably the same here.

Doll Man's a Jehovah's Witness. Human Bomb is the one who's Jewish.

Well based on the Freedom Fighters line ups that we typically get in adaptattoos that's either Doll Man or Human Bomb

My bet is Doll Man using a version of the ATOM suit

And Red Tornado takes the Human Bomb role.
Jewish robot.

>Barry and Oliver are Nazis
These two are literally the least Nazi character in DC

>no Blitzen
Why though

God just how often is Red Tornado blown up?

>Good
>That fire effect

>"The Nazis should have won"
>"Green Arrow is one of my favourite heroes"

Something doesn't add up.

>I've lived in bumfuck nowhere my whole life
>my woods aren't on fire that must mean everything is fine

Wow being white is great!

Safe? No.
But this is a good sign.

You should watch pic related.
>Entire plot is that Christians take over America and in the span of like 2 years they turn it into Saudi Arabia
>Rape is literally part of the law and women get raped daily
>Despite the fact that this is literally what the middle east is like the point of the show is to show how evil Christians are and it's even a plot point that not liking muslims is why this rape world with stonings, gay murder, ect is happening
>Canada is a perfect Liberal Utopia that accepts all refuges with open arms
>The writer and the fans are saying how this show is "becoming a reality" because Trump got elected despite the fact that Trump doesn't want to kill gays or legalize rape or do any of the stupid shit in this strawman TV show

Antifa having shitfits from time to time is in no way equivical to some kind of Nazi/commie wasteland.

>being this upset

This bait is premium.

Heroes transcend the pettiness of politics. I like heroes because they do the right thing no matter what. I don't care if Ollie is a hard liberal he is still cool and does the right thing. Or do I have to like shit that only aligns with my politics like SJWs do? Just look at Superman red son and see that despite him being a commie fuck, he is still the boy scout who does the right thing and saves anyone, even on his enemy's soil.

I am not. That user wants to get mad about shit so I gave him something to get mad at.
I just see The Handmaidens tale as a badly written book/show made to capitalize on the Trump fear wagon.

How does one define 'the right thing'?

Is one's ethical practice not dependent on their political belief?

user, The Handmaid's Tale was written over 30 years ago in a time when Westerners had almost no awareness of regular Muslims.

The show was but the book is old. Atwood's been around a long while, dude.

Yeah but the show was made to capitalize on fear mongering.
Also I doubt the writer didn't know anything about Islam since he made the cartoonishly evil Christians act just like islamists.

Like when heroes save people even if they don't deserve it. When heroes don't take the lives of bad people, even if they want to or the person deserves no mercy. That is the right thing. It's why these heroes are an escapist fantasy because it is almost impossible to have their self control.

That doesn't excuse the badly the writer portrays Christian Fundies. I am not Christian and I am very anti Fundie but Fundie Muslims and Fundie Christians aren't the same.
Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment. The plot would have literally been more believable and make more sense if it just took place in modern day middle east.

Gee, religious fundamentalist wth extremist view acting in similar fashion, whoda thunk it?

>Deserves it
It's not about deserving it, Bats should have killed joker out of self defense or saving other peoples lives a million times by now. How many situations were there where joker was straight up KILLING people and Bats didn't take him out?

see

>Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment.

Um, mugga plase. The sex is explained by the need for babies, polygamy is part of mormonism and has nothing to do with the show, and as for stoning and mutilation, that is entirely in line with hardline old testament.

>Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment.

People with power would.

There's a lot of shit that happens in the Middle East that isn't necessarily proscribed in the Quran or hadiths, but still happens because of the attitudes that theocracy can engender. Stoning is a good example.

I agree that it's unlikely to happen, but it's unlikely that the events of 1984 will come to pass; the exaggeration helps pose the questions that dystopian fiction like these books raise.

The point of the book was they turned to the old testament, which is very pro all of that

I'm pretty sure the point the author was making wasn't that Christian fundamentalism will literally lead to that political situation. It was just an extreme version of literal female objectification that can be found in various forms across history.

>Polygamy is part of mormonism
No it isn't. This is a myth. Mormonism has literally never supported it and it's illegal in Utah.
>Need for babies
That doesn't explain polygamy. It would be smarter to have multiple different people have sex then or quickly Marry 2 partners to have sex. The polygamy rape thing is some stupid commentary on the patriarchy.

Yeah it's a good way of doing a redesign.

>People with power would
Why?
>Middle east
Yeah, those are muslims who don't have an issue with Polygamy or the rest.

Brigham Young had 55 wives

this, fuck Barry

But this is something Christianity never supported, not even during the dark ages. You can't just go
>Well they will just suddenly go evil for no reason and want to rape EVERYONE despite it Christianity always being against it
If the other wanted people acting like extremist Muslims then she should have used Muslims. If she wants to use Christians than she should have actually understood a bit about Christianity and used Inquisitions, witch hunts, ect that actually make sense.

Let's google "Mormonism" and "polygamy" really quick...
Ah! First result is VERY specific.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy
>Polygamy (more specifically, polygyny, called plural marriage by Mormons in the 19th century or the Principle by modern fundamentalist practitioners of polygamy) was taught by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) for more than half of the 19th century,[1] and practiced publicly from 1852 to 1890 by between 20 and 30 percent of Latter-day Saint families.[2][3]
Oh wow, they even have SOURCES!

The handmaidens exist because very few people are fertile and the Gilead think that mostly the elite deserve to have fresh babies. Handmaidens are just a way to completely control women further and convenient waybtomforce them to breed as much as possible by assigning them into families to whom they are meant to provide heirs to, before moving on to the next family. It's an entirely corrupt system, twisting the bible to serve their wicked ways is the fucking point, you nincompoop. It's a dystopian sci fi novel, not fucking non-fiction account of Christian alt-right.

>It's a dystopian sci fi novel, not fucking non-fiction account of Christian alt-right.
Tell the leftshits that, retard.

>you can't just write fiction
Why, people make stuff up about Muslims all the time

Joker is a hard one to defend but it's only as simple as plot armor because the Joker is important to Batman's character so killing him would be dumb. Batman does however have a code that forbids any killing. If he did kill Joker, deserving how it may be, it is a line that cannot be crossed. From there you can just keep going and going. Injustice shows that with Superman starting off with the Joker and then deciding for himself who gets to live or die. The symbol of hope becomes the symbol of fear.

Which is stupid. It illogically makes the bad guys cartoonishly evil. The message is lost when you just make any excuse to make people evil. It goes against Christianity which was the point of the book and doesn't make sense in the plot since if you wanted to have babies artificial fertilization would take away the rape aspect. Also there would be no reason at all to have the "elite" try to have babies rather than have EVERYONE try to have babies.

Remember the New 52 Freedom Fighters?

New versions of Ray, Human Bomb, and Phantom Lady (with Doll Man) had minis obviously building up a new Freedom Fighters book, but it never materialized and the characters never appeared again.

Really? I can't think of an examples of Muslims being slandered in American media like the Handmaidens tale tries to do with Christians. The west doesn't criticize Islam like it does Chrisitanity.