CW-VERSE SDCC ROUND-UP

THE FLASH

>Season 4 will be lighter and more fun than season 3.

>Iris will be leading Team Flash in Barry's absence.

>Wally won't become the new Flash yet and is still facing the repercussions of being trapped in the Speed Force.

>Caitlin has returned but is still struggling with her Killer Frost persona.

>Julian appears to have left Team Flash, but might still make guest appearances.

>More alternate versions of Harrison Wells will be introduced.

>Gypsy will be a recurring character and her relationship with Cisco will be further explored.

>Captain Cold will return.

>This year's fourway crossover will focus on character relationships rather than the spectacle of the "Invasion!" storyline.

Sizzle Reel.

youtube.com/watch?v=bYDdu_mC6cI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHZEeDEwRE0
youtube.com/watch?v=qwGNep39atY
youtube.com/watch?v=DaI6dcoRRQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY
youtube.com/watch?v=MRBYSqCSnr4
strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>More alternate versions of Harrison Wells will be introduced.

Motherfukers. They'll never top Wellsobard but I appreciate the attempt to keep Tom on the show, even as a mostly gag character

New characters.

CLIFFORD DEVOE / THE THINKER (Neil Sandilands)

>After being struck with dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became a meta-human with superhuman intelligence, at the expense of a frail and withering body. A genius who’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity, "The Thinker" will embark upon an epic battle with The Flash that pins the Fastest Man Alive against the Fastest Mind Alive.

>lighter and more fun

this is how they said Arrow season 4 would be, and it was a low point for the series

THE MECHANIC (Kim Engelbrecht)

>A highly intelligent engineer who designs and assembles a plethora of devices for the ailing Clifford Devoe. Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers, who’ll stop at nothing to implement his plan to fix all that’s wrong with humanity - even if she loses who she is in the process.

I'm okay with all of this. Hopefully they follow through with it. I didn't dislike s3 like a lot of people did, but it's still a far cry from s1. And a break from speedster enemies will be nice.

That's Arrow. The show was pitched to be gritty. Flash is supposed to be fun. Hope they harken back to the Season 1 feel.

THE BREACHER (Danny Trejo)

>A feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to interdimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy. His mission is to prevent any interdimensional traveler from threatening life on his world — especially his daughter’s.

I still think season 3 was worse than 4.

I'm always down for Danny Trejo.

Still left to be cast.

>RALPH DIBNY / ELONGATED MAN [Male, Mid-to-late 30s, Open Ethnicity]. A Ryan Reynolds / Chris Pratt type, Ralph has the ability to stretch his body to superhuman lengths and sizes. However, while resculpting his old body is easy to do, Dibny finds losing the old misguided sense of truth and slobbery, even after joining the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, is a far more difficult task to accomplish. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR WITH A SERIES REGULAR OPTION FOR NEXT SEASON.

I wonder if this is canon to the Machete movies much like the Spy Kids movies are canon to it

ARROW

>Oliver and Felicity will get back together. Oliver will struggle with his newfound responsabilities as a father and Felicity will face the repercussions of her association with Helix.

>Black Canary will become a more active member of Team Arrow and find a new love interest.

>Black Siren will bond with Quentin and find redemption.

>The flashback storylines are over but there'll be recurring flashbacks to explore certain characters' backstories.

>Slade will be a recurring character and there'll be a two-parter exploring his past.

>The Vigilante will return and his true identity will be revealed. He's someone "familiar" to the fans.

>A character not seen since season 1 will return.

>Malcolm is dead and John Barrowman has left the CW-Verse.

Sizzle Reel

youtube.com/watch?v=DHZEeDEwRE0

New characters

CAYDEM JAMES (Michael Emerson)

>The articulate and elusive leader of the hacker movement Helix, James aspires to change the world, but his ambitions might soon prove to be more dangerous than they appear.

>hacker movement
dropped. You know what this means.

Still left to be cast.

>RICARDO DIAZ [Male, 30s-40s, Diverse]. a hardened ex-con recently released from prison after doing time for a crime he didn’t commit. Ricardo uses his freedom and 25 million dollars in settlement money to establish control over Star City’s criminal underworld. He’s a martial arts and fighting expert honed by years of life on the street and in prison. FRACTIONAL (7/13) ONE SEASON SERIES REGULAR.

They're also casting for a "curious FBI agent determined to discover the Green Arrow's secret identity", who'll have a recurring role.

That trailer doesn't fill me with much hope. Seems like show just continues with the same STAR labs 'team' which is worn out and really dragging the show and Barry as a character down.

I like the various Wells we've had but it's really time to let him, and Caitlin go. Change up the formula of the show a bit.

Ah Howard back on station. Nice. I liked his alluded to backstory back in Person of Interest being an elder hacker and talking about Phreaking.

It's always canon to the Trejo CU

>The flashback storylines are over but there'll be recurring flashbacks to explore certain characters' backstories.

I haven't watched since season 3, but I am curious; how did they end up resolving the flashbacks? He's on the island, he's not on the island, he's in China, whatever.

How did he end up back on the island?

>He's someone "familiar" to the fans.

Tommy ;_;

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

>Season 3 centers on the Legends attempting to repair the damage they've done to the timeline while being pursued by Rip Hunter and his newly-founded Time Bureau.

>Sara's bisexuality will be reintroduced in a major storyline.

>Amaya's dilemma between staying with the Legends or returning to her own time will be explored.

>Captain Cold will be a recurring character and rejoin the Waverider, but won't be the same Captain Cold that worked with Heatwave and sacrificed himself to save the Legends.

>Damien Dahrk will return hellbent on revenge against the Legends, and will be "less goofy, more sinister". Neal McDonoug has been promoted to regular cast member.

>There'll be an episode exploring Ray's childhood in the 1980's.

>There'll be an episode with a "FREAKY FRYDAY reversal" in which Stein becomes Firestorm's body, with Jax as the disembodied voice in his head.

>Billy Zane is guest-starring as P.T. Barnum in the first two episodes.

Sizzle Reel

youtube.com/watch?v=qwGNep39atY

Michael Emerson one again playing a very subdued by overtly lethal character.

Nice

>character not seen since season 1 will return
>Malcolm is dead

So Tommy is going to be revived somehow to take the Merlyn spot. Or is there some other character who hasn't been seen since season 1?

New characters.

ADRIANNA TOMAZ / ISIS (Tala Ashe)

>A Muslim-American woman from the year 2030 who lives in a world of contradictions, where technology has brought about incredible change, but human nature hasn’t kept pace. Fear, prejudice and a lack of care for the planet have forced Adrianna to become a greyhat hacktivist. A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitudeg, she doesn’t realize that she has secret, latent powers derived from an ancient, mystical source.

>Not Lobo

Missed opportunity but I'll take it.

I guess Trejo has fallen low enough to do TV now? Machete was such a great movie.

KUASA JIWE (Tracy Ifeachor)

>Amaya's granddaughter, a powerful sorceress who aspires to reclaim the mystical Tantu Totem for herself.

Didn't she die in the cartoon?

He went back to the island in season 4 because Waller needed someone familiar with it to stop some crazy Baron guy and his mercenaries from getting the same magical idol that coincidentally Damien Dahrk had 5 years later.

Oliver then went to Russia as part of a promise to a woman he met on the island. The crazy Baron had her as slave labor on the island. He joined the Bratva to kill the man who got her sent there.

He went back to the island after Russia so that he could be found and go back home without as many questions being asked about where he's been for 5 years

SUPERGIRL

>Kara will attempt to forego her secret identity after Mon-El's departure and dedicate herself solely to being Supergirl.

>Alex will struggle with balancing her private and professional lives due to her deepening relationship with Magggie Sawyer and new responsabilities at the DEO.

>James will get a new girlfriend and become a more integral member of the DEO.

>J'onn's family history on Mars will be explored.

>Mon-El will return.

>Cat Grant will be a recurring character.

Sizzle Reel

youtube.com/watch?v=DaI6dcoRRQQ

Good. He was only good in LoT, otherwise his storylines in Arrow really outstayed their welcome.

She had the Water Totem at the time.

My guess is she turned herself into water and got evaporated while fighting the Fire Totem. And someone else reconstitutes her

I don't mind the casting, just that there's a hacker villain for Felicity to fight for a whole episode.

Jesus. That's a definite downgrade of Vixens.

REIGN (Odette Annable)

>A genetically engineered Kryptonian warrior sent to Earth to survive her homeworld's destruction, Reign is hellbent on completing her mission to subjugate humanity in her creators' name and soon proves herself as Supergirl's most formidable foe.

He went out like such a chump though.

MORGAN EDGE (Adrian Pasdar)

>A ruthless and charismatic real estate developer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants and feels that he deserves. He has big plans for National City that instantly put him at odds with Supergirl and Lena Luthor.

>J'onn's family history on Mars will be explored.
I haven't been entirely keeping up but I hope this is where Carl Lumbly comes into play.

>Wally won't become the new Flash yet
He's been pictured walking around in the costume. And again fuck Iris as team leader. Your just doing it to off screen any character development on her part.

M'YRNN J'ONZZ (Carl Lumbly)

>J'onn J'onzz's father and a pacifist religious leader on Mars, M’yrn pushes his son in unexpected ways.

>Sara's bisexuality will be reintroduced in a major storyline.
Hasn't it always been

Hopefully this means Intergang

GAYLE MARSH / PSI (Yael Grobglas)

>A meta-human criminal who uses her psychic abilities to turn people's minds against them. Psi’s agenda puts her on Supergirl’s radar, and their meeting will affect the Girl of Steel in surprising ways.

They mean that she'll be allowed to be interested in men again.

Last season was all women.

RUBY (Emma Tremblay)

>A smart, independently-minded National City kid who’s fascinated by Supergirl and ends up in jeopardy because of it.

I got my wish. This is such a wonderful day.

>MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR WITH A SERIES REGULAR OPTION FOR NEXT SEASON.
Sound like the character that will die on the season finale after the actor refuses to become a regular

That doesn't mean it will be instantaneous from episode 1. We might actually get an arc without Barry.

>ADRIANNA TOMAZ / ISIS
>A Muslim-American woman
I can see that going over well with critics.

That B'wana Beast easter egg

>>Captain Cold will be a recurring character and rejoin the Waverider, but won't be the same Captain Cold that worked with Heatwave and sacrificed himself to save the Legends.
I wonder if this means Earth 2 Mayor Snart or evil Snart from the Legion of Doom last Season. Either way hype, he's my favorite part of the show

>Isis
Presumably they're not gonna use that name

>not knowing that Trejo played the same character (Mexican thug) on TV for years. Pleb

Trejo has done a fuckton of TV, even voice work. He was Bane in Young Justice.

well fuck just when I think I'm out

>more Stein Titanic jokes
kek

>>Season 4 will be lighter and more fun than season 3.
Thank god, as long as it's Flash Season 1 light and not Arrow Season 4 "light"

>Howard
you make me sick

Who's the Samurai villain?

>Sara's bisexuality
what?! BIsexual? that came out of nowhere

BLACK LIGHTNING

>The show is not set in the same universe as ARROW and THE FLASH and won't be part of the 2017's fourway crossover, but there are plans for them to cross over eventually.

>Jefferson Pierce's daughters, Anissa and Jennifer, will also develop superpowers and eventually adopt superhero identities of their own. Anissa's homosexuality will also be explored.

>There's interest in introducing Static to the show.

Sizzle Reel.

youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

She dated Oliver in Arrow, since then CW completely forgot about that and made her full on lesbian. I'm guessing her new "bisexual" plotline will involve a love triangle between Snart, her, and the new Middle Eastern character

The cast.

JEFFERSON PIERCE / BLACK LIGHTNING (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community, Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Behind his model citizen image, however, he hides a great secret: He was once a meta-human vigilante with the power to manipulate electricity, who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to protect his family. But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.

She and Cold had a bit of a thing too.

She used to bang Oliver pham

>>The show is not set in the same universe as ARROW and THE FLASH and won't be part of the 2017's fourway crossover, but there are plans for them to cross over eventually.

But why? Why make it needlessly headache-inducing?

LYNN STEWART (Christine Adams)

>Jefferson's ex-wife, Lynn exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with, she can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. Although life has drove her away from Jefferson, they share an unique bond and are both wholeheartedly dedicated to their daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

>watching SJWs of tomorrow

ANISSA PIERCE (Nefassa Williams)

>Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent, as well as intense and passionate. Anissa has great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school. Bearing the same strong sense of justice as Jefferson, Anissa is determined to protect her students from the Los Angeles's criminal underworld, even if it puts her life on the line.

>Iris

Literally why

JENNIFER PIERCE (China Anne McClain)

>Jefferson’s younger daughter and a beautiful and agile scholar athlete. She is a student at Jefferson's school and the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak, Jennifer doesn't hesitate in the face of danger, and sometimes appears to throw herself in its way, to Jefferson's consternation.

How did he die? Was it on Legends?

one of them gets WHITED for sure

>CW

PETER GAMBI (James Remar)

>Jefferson's oldest friend, mentor and father figure, who also works as his "tailor", developing new technologies to help Jefferson control his often unpredictable meta-human powers.

he kamikazed himself in the Arrow finale to save muh Thea

>>Sara's bisexuality will be reintroduced in a major storyline.
it's bad enough that that shit has been a subplot for almost every fucking episode..

the older one has a Chinese gf in comics, but who knows

INSPECTOR WILL HENDERSON (Damon Gupton)

>A veteran detective inspector with the New Orleans police, who becomes an unlikely ally to Jefferson, despite his role in the community.

One of the Samuroids.

>Julian appears to have left Team Flash, but might still make guest appearances.

Fucking DROPP-

>Captain Cold will return

Goddamnit CW

After HR I'd rather they stop.

How? She hasn't fucked a woman since season 2 episode 1

The actual issue is Black Lightning is shot in Atlanta, making it harder for the two crews to work side-by-side.

Off screen.

>muslim
>a race

That's fair enough, but why do they need to be in different universes?

Atlanta is on the other side of the country from the other CW shows.

Obviously he meant Arabic. They're basically interchangeable.

It isn't really is it? When someone is described as a muslim, they're being described more as their allegiance to a faith than an ethnic background. If someone came from Iraq or the Phillipines and called themselves a muslim I'd still call them iraqi or filllipino, like how I'd call a catholic who comes from Colombia colombian

>let the two best characters go while keeping the 'team' that barry doesn't need

are you serious right now shill?

If they need to get rid of anyone, they could cut the entire west family out of the story and it would be better. Give them their own show and give barry's team to their show.

You can keep one or two people around and that's all he needs. He has a deeper bench than most normal humans.

He doesn't need 3 speeders and 2 whatever the fuck cisco and his girlfriend are. He has an overpowered team that he doesn't need.

Due to the story they wanted to tell not meshing well with the established Arrowverse lore.

Black Lightning doesn't work on Flash's Earth since he publicly worked as a vigilante before retiring and his daughter inherited his powers

But Metahumans didn't start publicly showing up until the Flash

>He doesn't want Flash family

Plebs get out!

but Arabic is a language not a race

Well I guess we know that Flash will have all the essentials

youtube.com/watch?v=MRBYSqCSnr4

No I don't because CW is relying on drama instead of actual storytelling and shit is fucking old so fuck you faggot.

Caitlin is an absolute garbage character that's played by the worst actress on the show.

strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5

Scoreboard.

>Caitlin has returned but is still struggling with her Killer Frost persona.
Just like KF be the new front man. Get rid of Caitlin and have edgy anti-hero Killer Frost instead.