Did he deserve it?

Did he deserve it?

"It" meaning both him being removed from the show/intro and his painful death at the 6 hands of Star Butterfly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o63JtqdncRc
skleero.tumblr.com/post/163211859773/now-that-the-special-moveish-event-the-battle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He had just murdered a teenager in front of her mother

and earlier murdered a mother in front of her teenager

No. He should've killed that bitch star

He did

And that's why Star up and murdered him. For trying to murder her. Do you follow?

>See the thing i planned and build up for 2 seasons happend
>5 seconds later
>looks like star won
shit writing

Better question:

Does Star deserve him?

Another disappointing villain conclusion

Cartoon villains have a tendency to go down like a bitch, it seems.

Cartoons don't have enough budget for fights, but the truth is that Star and Toffee should have engaged in a battle worthy of the trashiest shonen. With explosions and shit.

Toffee was a scrub general whose only "power" was his godly regeneration. Take that away and he's just a guy with a club.

damn...

Still want to know how Marco was able to punch through him....

He didn't, and that's why he will return when Eclipsa ressurect him.

Did you honestly expect Toffee to still be standing after a blast like that point blank with hardly any reaction time?

Keep it in one thread shitlord

M-maybe it is still part of his plan? He maybe just pretended to be killed twice?

Level 1 boss = Ludo
Level 2 boss = Toffee
Level 3 boss = Eclipsa

He was mostly made of dead magic slime. Livechat even gives Marco a comment about how it felt like punching through goo or something.

Ironically the most fighting was only present in S1 against Ludo and his monsters.

Toffee only used violence once, against High Commision.

I don't mind if Nefcy wants to remove him from the show. I just wished he would go down after showing some sweet hand to hand combat or spells. Not just plotting and get rekt like a Necromancer fighting against a Barbarian.

That's why I don't get it, Eclipsa is the main antagonist of season 3 so why the show will have 4 seasons?Eclipsa is clearly supposed to be the ultimate enemy

And yet we still don't know the credability of his malice. For all we know his children were disemboweled in front of him and then they forced flossed his teeth with their entrails.

Come to think of it, it might have worked better if the movie had been the season 2 finale.

>Come to think of it, it might have worked better if the movie had been the season 2 finale.
Nope, that would've been a boring as fuck hiatus.

I think it actually was supposed to be until they got the S3 renewal. Continues major themes of the second season, provides a happy ending after the shit Star goes through before that, etc.

Even killing off Toffee wouldn't have seemed so weird it if happened in a season finale; it was that being in a premiere that caught so many off guard I think.

Were there any in recent years who didn't?

He's been practicing martial arts for over thirty plus years.

Since he was an infant?

user... come back when you experience the joys of best girl

fourteen plus sixteen is thirty.

If a rebel lose, he's scum
If a rebel win, he's a hero
Toffee lost so he's scum
Might makes right

You know what he meant

Squealer is Toffee done right.

youtube.com/watch?v=o63JtqdncRc

Is this based on Animal Farm?

Shot him in the back like a cop shooting a black guy.

>his children were disemboweled in front of him and then they forced flossed his teeth with their entrails

That'd be a neat episode

It's based on a Japanese light novel. The show isn't very good but it has some really great moments and ideas. The setting is pretty similar to Mewni if you think about it.

>Star "If it's a ligger, pull the trigger" Butterfly

I love the original pic

I don't know, murricans can't deal with grey morality that doesn't involve everyone holding hands and hanging a bigger bad guy as a scapegoat. See Zootopia and The Hateful 8, the former played straight and the latter played as satire

5 seasons.

This one?

Wouldn't they just grow they entrails back, if they're the same species as him?

delet this nephew

Yes

More than anything

I like to think she does this to marco

is her vagoo spiky???

So of Marco's potential mates, at least half of them have been dead for a period of time

bless you brapposters

Nefcy seemed to want to go somewhere more gray with Toffee when she created/designed the character, but it looks like it didn't quite turn out that way in the show itself.

Yes, and that's what makes the torture all the more painful. You can just tear them apart over and over and they just have to take it because "lol it'll grow back, get over it"

Yes. Hes a murderer and probably a war criminal.

TOO
DEEP
FOR
YOU

This guy did pretty much everything right. The only improvement would be killing moon once he was free - but even if he did that he still would have lost. Terrible.

His mistake was not killing Star before he left the magic sea. But he had to gloat for a second and went right to making a deal with Moon. Knowing him, he was probably getting off on the idea of her being trapped there alone in the dark forever.

Toffee still had character flaws, people forget this. He just controlled them very well, not indulging in them until he'd already won.
His ultimate mistake was underestimating Glossaryck. I mean he "killed" him, apparently, but that wasn't enough.

Here's is a short summary on entire motivation and character of Toffee for all the kids and ignorant people who didn't realise that entire point of his character was to NOT TELL the audience what he want to accomplish like literally every ficitonal villain out there.

skleero.tumblr.com/post/163211859773/now-that-the-special-moveish-event-the-battle

Nefcy made a real scheming villain, a complete opposite of a cartoonish gloating villain like Ludo. Now i wonder what kind of villain Eclipsa is.

Was he able too kill star? For some reason I was under the assumption all he could do was trap her.

It's not really clear but he didn't even try. They both had some kind of physical form, and Star experienced drowning.

Calling it now, Eclipsa is a "well-intentioned extremist" type villain who wants to reclaim the throne of Mewni because she thinks Moon and Star are doing a total shit job.

And she's probably a monster sympathizer or something.

she wants to return the throne of mewni to the monsters.

See This is what Toffee should be

>And she's probably a monster sympathizer or something.
She has to go back

She will try to give "the land back to their people" like some leftist nut who want to kill off all American to return the land to Indians.

>wants to reclaim the throne of Mewni because she thinks Moon and Star are doing a total shit job
To be fair she's absolutely right

So was there any word on what happened to Moon's father?

I'm convinced that the reason Mewni looks like a typical medieval shithole outside of the castle is because the royal family does a shitty job at managing anything, but rebellion is impossible when the ruling class has magic. Even if the peasants managed to teach themselves how to fight with weapons, that doesn't mean shit when your queen can turn into a giant bug and fire lasers. Because of this, Mewni hasn't really progressed past the middle ages.

There is still some shit that wasn't cleared out:

1. His entire name seems wierd, even for the characters in the show. It would make sense if he was connected to Eclipsa.

2. His familiarity with Glossaryck can't be explained by him reading a book about Mewni history. Glossaryck recognised him and Toffee recognised Glossaryck.

3. How did he knew that book of Glossaryck, has the forbidden chapter of Eclipsa and knew that her spell would give him control over Ludo? Again it would make sense if he knew it from Eclipsa.

Keeping the theme of the show, Star will put her wand to Eclipsa's head and shoot.

1. It is a bit strange, yeah. My best guess is that it's supposed to be a reference to The Forces of Evil = TFOE = Toffee.

2. Glossaryck is a prominent figure in the history of Mewni, and Toffee assassinated their queen. It's not out of the question for them to know of each other.

3. It's entirely possible that a) the history of Mewni mentioned Eclipsa's spells, as it already detailed info on the wand itself, and b) Toffee read other books pertaining to his plan over the decades he spent plotting other than the single history book.

>The Forces of Evil = TFOE = Toffee

>Moon forcibly removes the monsters from their land and force them to move west, causing thousands of deaths in the process
>3/4ths of Buffrog's tadpoles die of smallpox
>Star starts a civil war against her own mom over the treatment of monsters.

>supposed to be a reference to The Forces of Evil = TFOE = Toffee.

That would mean he is a main antagonist for entire series, not just for one chapter

>history of Mewni mentioned Eclipsa's spells
>a forbidden chapter that can only be unlocked by GLossaryck himself has spells that are common knwledge for anyone in Mewni
nah

Also the fact that "The Lizard" was a nickname used just for Moon to not namedrop Toffee's name in fron of Eclipsa act like a huge hint.

Basically i think Nefcy i clever enough to connect them.

>That would mean he is a main antagonist for entire series, not just for one chapter
Not at all. "Hey Daron, what should we name this cool villain we're developing?" "Oh, how about Toffee, like TFOE, get it?"

As for Eclipsa's magic, it's reasonable to say they wouldn't be common knowledge. But then again, Toffee didn't use a specific spell to possess Ludo, merely the presence of dark magic did that. I could imagine that type of information could potentially be found in research on magic.

Toffe is a tool, he got his finger blown off and walked away like a loser.

I don't think Moon even referred to "The Lizard" to Eclipsa, did she? She just said she needed to kill "something immortal".

what could he do

Well, actually after he got rekt by Star, instead going the other way and regenerating, he went back inside the crater to mock Star until Ludo crushed him.

She didn't even say that he was a monster. Its wierd considering that you would probably want to make sure that were talking about killing an immortal liviing enemy and not just some demon or golem.

Moon fell back after and would need another 20 second chant to hurt him, he could have just clawed her.

Good point. If anything, the fact she didn't mention it as a monster might be more telling. Would Eclipsa the monster love have been so willing to share her spell had she known it was targeting the leader of a monster rebellion?

The army could have gang bang her within a second and they ran away. I dont think TOffee would risk desintegration.

I feel like it's possible they could do something with that when Eclipsa interacts with Moon and Star, whether she knew Toffee or not. Ex. Moon used her spell as a means of hunting down and demoralizing the monsters, Star literally killed a monster.

I'm not expecting Toffee to be connected to her more than through the spell, not only do I get the vibe that plotline's over but I also think it's just a little out there, but so far I don't think him possibly knowing her has ever been disproved either.

I think it's possible Toffee knew of Eclipsa. You'd think the monsters would have great knowledge of and respect for the Mewman Queen who abandoned her duties to live with the monsters. Depending on how old Toffee is, he may have met her personally, but not as her lover/son or whatever.

Its how Europe would be without jews isnt it wonderful?

I think its great.

Any ideas on what the kids would look like? Are they even compatible? Possible S3 antag?

Damn she must have a canyon vagina to take him.

I actually think it's possible too; I'm just not sure the show itself will ever go there. He knew about her chapter, but that could've been through his research rather than anything personal.

Tom is apparently a hybrid. Questions of how the monster could "fit" notwithstanding, it looks like the certain Mewnian species can crossbreed to some extent.

Her being obsessed with candies is what gives it away. Nothing on this show is random. Nor is her addiction and his name.

We don't know if this portrait is an accurate portrayal of her husband.

>questioning such a pairing when this shit happened

Is there any drawfags here in this thread, if so make a hekapoo edit of this pic.

The battle of Toffe also didn't happen like in the painting. It may have been a hint that her husband was just portrayed as some big scary monster by the Mewni painter.

>You think I'm a skimmer but I...am a dipper
>DIP DOOOOOOOOWWWWWWN
Fucking hype

People who are calling Eclipsa "Dark Star" are correct

It's a Blackbeard and Fluffy deal

Season 3 isn't off to a good start and they better not fuck up eclipsa either.

Oh user, stop acting like they won't dust toffee under the rug and pretend he never happened.

Season 4 will be Star redemption arc due to Eclipsa getting to her emotions in season 3, and her fall.

>Season 2 ended with a dark outro parallel to the previous happy outro
>Current season's outro is happy and positive for Star building to when the lyrics are modified for the finale of season 3.

Remember that Star is probably the most powerful at the moment besides maybe Glossaryck. The only way to build her character from here is for a finding herself arc. Eclipsa will probably be a sort of mentor for season 3, and promise Star to show her how to control her new form, and save those that are in need, such as Moon's curse that is currently taking hold.

The Final Boss is Future Star