What is the Sup Forumsnsensus on the Powerpuff Girls Movie?

What is the Sup Forumsnsensus on the Powerpuff Girls Movie?

Would've been more successful as a made-for-tv movie

Fucking Kino. That part where the girls are at their lowest point, stuck on an asteroid, and it's just completely silent and zooms in as Bubbles sobbing gets louder and louder. But it got the same shitty treatment as The Iron Giant, a fucking shame

Very underrated. When people bring up great superhero movies outside of Marvel and DC they always leave this one out.

It's a really great movie.

Someone post the ATHF cameo.

Fantastic movie. WB screwed the pooch when advertising it though. If it had been successful, think about what other CN theatrical films we could have gotten (besides ATHFCFFT).

>that scene where Bubbles liquefied a monkey's spine

samurai jack was actually next on the lineup

I keep meaning to find and watch Ebert and Roeper's apparently hilariously bad review of this.

I now wonder if a movie would have been better. Sure, we probably would have missed out on a lot of the bloody fun of the first three episodes, but perhaps we could have gotten something more similar to the original series tone.
As much as I liked Jack's journey of redemption, I would have also liked seeing the plot of a Samurai Jack episode expanded in an hour and a half movie, with all the epic (in the traditional meaning of the word) that it would entail.

Bad review as in a poorly done review or as in that they didn't like the movie?

It's supposedly them going on and on about how much they hated it, and especially how violent it was following 9/11.

I'm no critic, but that seems pretty damn petty. While it is a factor, the time a movie comes out should in no way affect the rating of any film.

>mfw just realized the PPG are all white and that wouldn't fly in today's industry

You doublenigger they're still all white and have a show that's currently running.

haven't seen this in forever. The monkey baddies were cool. The colors were weird for the movie. I think everything felt like it was under a shadow?

Yeah everything was tinted weird

it flopped for no reason other than and people getting sick of 2-D animation in theaters

Felt more like a TV movie.

The animation quality was way better than anything we've ever seen in the show.

Which is sad considering what they did in the reboot
You don't know about THAT thing that hasn't been aired yet, don't you?

The scene when Mojo kicks the Gangreen Gang's asses with a trash can lid is one my favorite moments in any animated movie.
The build up, the music, the beatdown and then that thunder with Mojo picking the lid back up.
Fucking A

What thing?

>You don't know about THAT thing that hasn't been aired yet, don't you?
Please tell me what fuckery they're planning

Well I lost all my Sup Forums stuff on my old computer now so I don't have the image anymore but it was some cn promo that showed the PPG with a 4th PPG, who was wearing purple but was brown skinned and had cyan hair. I don't know if I can still find this somewhere on the net but that's what I remember seeing in a past PPG thread.

People were even saying it might be Bunny from the original show but "brownwashed" now.

I really enjoyed it. If the series had ended there, I'd be okay.

I wonder if the movie would have fared better if it was a series finale instead if it being a prequel.

Yeah it was a great movie but I agree WBs marketing was the equivalent of marketing a TV Movie which it should have been.