Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves

>Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves.

So is the DCEU in full on retcon mode now?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13508792/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really. He had cults and shit and then a monument in Metropolis. They just focused on CNN and Fox news bitching about him because that was deeper.

No, it's a matter of perspective.

nobody cares about this failed universe user

strawpoll.me/13508792/r

Thor is single handedly beating the entire JUSTice league on his own

Wonder Woman is doing pretty well despite it being pretty mediocre.

which they didn't even bother to show why he would have garnered either of those things in the first movie and in the second movie they finally got around to showing him actually save people and he was still fucking mopey about it.

Realistically the people of Metropolis would hate him for destroying half their city after the military saved the day by have Law and Order SVU fly into the giant space dildo.

>feminists are dumb
and water is wet

yes Justice League is post Flashpoint

this

a trailer for Thor is about to overtake the JUSTICE LEAGUE

DC is so dead it's hilarious

Wonder Woman was simply a better movie than suicide squad, BvS, or Superman

That bar was set pretty damn low though

It surpassed JL since the first hour because it was uploaded 5 hours after it in the first place.

>strawpoll.me/13508792/r
you posted that only on a marvel subredit wtf do you expect you retard

It was born right here in Sup Forums and Sup Forums 20 hours ago.

The DCEU is in full panic mode after 4 bombs.

Wonder Woman, somehow, is crushing it. Its clearly the winner of the summer.

>implying self-proclaimed "feminists" actually watch movies

I bet Ghostbusters was a box office success in your universe.

ghostbusters had fatties, everybody hates fat fucks

Shut up, DC shill. Wonder Woman didn't even make a billion.

No because that's literally what happened?

>Wonder Woman, somehow, is crushing it.
Feminism aside, it's not fucking depressing.
I don't know why this is so hard for Sup Forums to understand. Nobody goes to a superhero movie to be reminded that life sucks, nice guys finish last, and humanity is full of assholes that aren't wroth saving. No matter how much you crow about how that's more realistic, it's not what people want.

>batman feels ashamed of being an edgy murderer because their mom's shared the same name
>Superman dies despite the fact that Diana could have easily used the spear to kill Doomsday
>this is somehow showing people the "best part" of themselves

Whoa, that is rather telling.

The new JL trailer was much better than the last one, but it still looks like a confused mess.

>People watched Thor 1 and 2
>Somehow still interested in Thor 3

Tell that to every other movie that annoying broad Melissa McCarthy is in

>Destroying half their city
>While saving the other half and the rest of the world with it

Nah most people loved him. (yeah a lot of people hated him too but thats true of every celebrity).
Plus he's dead so everyone says how much they liked him now even if they hated him when he was a live.

hows Spider-Flop going?

Thor and Dark World were mediocre. MoS and BvS were shit and offensively shit respectively.

Yes. Please pretend MOS and BvS were good movies.

>Its clearly the winner of the summer.
only if you ignore the rest of the world

Good

Praise Whedon

Snyder can join his daughter in hell

>Shut up, DC shill. Wonder Woman didn't even make a billion.

Neither did Ironman 7 or GOTG 2, mousekeeter.

DCEU is dead. Bury it.

Is this the worst """character"""" in cinema history?

Literally the same question i asked.

If they're going to make it sound like he inspired people when he was alive, why did we only see people cowering in fear and buring superman dummies?

you're really trying to get that mousekeeter thing to catch on

its not working.

Thor 3 has a Hulk.
I think you're underestimating Mark Hulkolo's popularity.

Thor is an entertaining character who is in bad movies.

Superman's presence led to Zod's invasion. And then the technology and Zod's ship led to Doomsday and the Darkseid invasion. At this point humanity is justified in hating space aliens and wanting them off the planet, Superman is no hero, he's a fraud.

and it's done

now the only question is how bad it'll bomb in November I'm gonna say worse than King Arthur maybe even Blade Runner

Batman is literally talking about himself and how he was able to come back to the light, you fucking retard.

A female "friend" of mine made a huge shit about Etta Candy having fat makeup instead of casting Mccarthy. What a pointless, non important thing to focus on.

>MoS
>bad

>confused
>a movie about a team coming together to stop an alien invasion

>people cowering apparently

2beefaire its already a meme.

maybe in whatever reddit shithole your retarded ass is from

those hulk movies weren't very good or popular (though I generally enjoyed them)
and no one knows who Mark is

this mad lad right here, why so much hate?

>Sup Forums
>not the reddit of Sup Forums
Good luck on your blood test, fag

Being this delusional.

We always hear how many youtube views Marvel films get, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll open huge. Plus, DCEU films average opening is 130 million and gross in North America is 333 million.

Justice League will open to 150 million and make close to 400 million if it's even mediocre.

I kind of would have liked Rebel Wilson for Etta Candy

gotta love when you encounter the self-haters

That's what trailers are for, retard. To gauge/raise interest

why are you fuckers so mad all the time.

heehee my favorite corporation is better than your favorite corporation nyah nyah booboo haha im not mad btw why so mad

>Justice League will open to 150 million and make close to 400 million if it's even mediocre.
sure it will and people will praise Snyder for the kino making genius he truly is

They're like Jews. Call them whatever you like and they can take it, but once you call them Jews they get massively triggered.

will they fight an army of metallic humanoids?

will they stop a portal in the sky?

I am sort of convinced Disney is gaming the Youtube views because the first Ragnarok trailer overtook the first Homecoming trailer.

No way do people love Thor more than Spider-Man.

>to the world
>people
>he's only talking about himself
Snyder apologist, pls

Snyder will have joined his daughter by then

He'll pull a Ledger

Sup Forums is the worst board for its topic as no one here actually reads comics.

>Nobody goes to a superhero movie to be reminded that life sucks, nice guys finish last, and humanity is full of assholes that aren't wroth saving. No matter how much you crow about how that's more realistic, it's not what people want.

Explain the popularity of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead then.

Wait til the eventual Flashpoint movie retcons the three movies before Wonder Woman.

The first Ragnarok trailer was much fresher and more original the any Homecoming trailer

Thor 1 and 2 were so fucking boring and pointless, yet had great reviews. I must really have shit taste, i thought other comic movies were a lot better than thor yet got shitted on. Maybe its me? i have shit taste.

well we can hope

but more likely he'll do it AFTER the movie's out

>They're like Sup Forumsniggers. Call them whatever you like and they can take it, but once you call them Sup Forumsniggers they get massively triggered

Obviously, why call it Flashpoint if they're not going to soft reboot

Costner will be alive
Zod will be in the Phantom Zone
Pine will be alive as his own grandson
Affleck will have never been a killer and he's in a stable relationship with the Batfamily
Leto will never have had tattoos

I love everything Marvel cinematic universe except the two Thor movies. They're shit. And the Thor movies are especially popular with women, more proof that they're shit.

>So is the DCEU in full on retcon mode now?
No Batman was Redeemed because of him and Diana was brought into the public.
That counts as people returning to their greatest self as does Perry & Lombard willing to stay and die to save Jenny.

> finally got around to showing him actually save people
He saved billions of lives twice in Mos.
>Realistically the people of Metropolis would hate him for destroying half their city after the military saved the day
1 - He saved the day 1st by destroying the world engine, the Military only took out the secondary threat of the Kryptonian crew.
2 - Only 2 buildings fully fell during his 1 on 1 fight with Zod, that is factually not half the fucking city.

Not being appealing to mass audiences doesn't make it a incompetently made film.

>>batman feels ashamed of being an edgy murderer because their mom's shared the same name
No because he realized that Clark wasn't a alien god toying with us and that he actually had human connections and used what was to be his dying breath pleading for their safety.
>>Superman dies despite the fact that Diana could have easily used the spear to kill Doomsday
No her and the lasso was the only thing restraining DD and Clark taking it to her would have made him a fucking pathetic coward.

Thor 3 doesn't have the awful earth bound dreck that ruined the 1st 2 films dumbass.

Because the point Snyder was making was that regardless of the majority of the world being inspired by him as he stated when Bruce talked shit about Superman in the Gala, the people still fearing and being critical of him was weighing heavy on Clark.

If it triggered you it's working

Leto still has tattoos, they merely change.

I thought Draxposter killed himself after WW beat Meme-Lord 2 domestically.

I can't believe they're actually going to do fucking Flashpoint in a movie. It just grossly complicates shit.

I don't see anyone getting mad except you, buddy.

No one gives a shit about domestic

Keep telling yourself that. Maybe you'll convince yourself it's true.

How close to real Flashpoint can they go?

>lol u mad

Who knows.

If it was up to me, they'd reboot and recast literally everyone because there's barely anything worth saving.

But that'll never happen because Tsujihara's career as WB ceo is entirely banking on the DCEU. Why do you think all these movies were rushed into production before they were remotely ready?

no u

Those aren't superhero movies.
I literally said "nobody goes to SUPERHERO MOVIES" for that. You even quoted me and you still managed to autism your way into missing that.
Zombie shit is all about "humans are the real monsters'. Superhero stuff is not. Stop trying to make everything homogeneous you enormous faggot.

>Not being appealing to mass audiences doesn't make it a incompetently made film.
Being competently made was not the question. The question was "why don't people like this."
But you're moving the goalposts rather than admit you like a niche thing that was never meant to be niche in the first place. Which *is* a problem to those that are not autistic try hard 12 year olds.

But its not half as niche as you think, Watchmen is universally loved, the 1st 2 volumes of Ultimates are also really liked, the Earth One graphic novels regardless of mixed quality have sold like crazy and they all have the same tone and style as Mos/Bvs.

Comic books are a niche medium. The fact that it was made to resemble a comic book instead of a blockbuster featuring comic book characters is what made BvS underperform. Although I'm glad that Zack Snyder made a movie for actual comics fans, I understand that it doesn't make good business sense to only appeal to them. Thus the way to do it is to find a balance that will appeal to both comic fans and casuals, which is easier said than done. I prefer that they don't take the Marvel route and basically throw comic fans under the bus for the sake of casual appeal though.

companyfag wars are fucking cancer.

>Not being appealing to mass audiences doesn't make it a incompetently made film.

Well actually it sort of does. I mean, it's meant to be a blockbuster, right? It literally exists precisely to appeal to mass audiences and make a fuckton of money. If BvS wasn't able to do that, if it in fact turned off most of the people who saw it, then it wasn't made competently.

>the people still fearing and being critical of him was weighing heavy on Clark
Clark "I don't care what they think" Kent? We watch the same movie? He makes no fucking attempt to communicate for two years beyond saving people from disasters. What the fuck did he expect?

DCCU made a Superman that doesn't talk and a world where everyone sees him as a god and treats him as if he is one. Nobody has been shown to see him as a good role model, just as an icon.

>still thinks what superhero movies earn at the box office has anything to do with their real profits, which are licensing and toys

But they're just so fucking hilarious tho.

This is the problem with the movies, a death cult is not the same as instilling hope in people but I'm expected to believe it is.

>full on retcon

Nope - just pretending a certain tone and characterization wasn't used.

Now see I actually dug Thor 1 because it had it's own style and Branagh did a good job directing, dutch angles and all, but Thor 2?

Yeah I fucking refuse to believe RT score for that because there are other non-MCU films that have a lower score and I actually felt that they were stronger than Thor 2.

>No Batman was Redeemed because of him
How does Superman dying erase all of Batman's murder charges?

>Superman's presence led to Zod's invasion.
This meme never made any fucking sense to me.

The dude lives here. If someone shipped the prince of a country to live in the suburbs in America in order to hide from the people who overthrew his family is it suddenly his fault if, totally unaware of this backstory, assassins hunt him down and kill his foster family? He didn't tell the assassins to come here, he didn't put guns to anyones head or pull any triggers. Dude just grew up and was trying to figure out how to live a normal life and then this shit happened.

The problem with the whole "OMG HE INSPIRED PEOPLE" is that the films never really made that apparent. In fact, the films have failed to give Clark Kent any kind of arc at all.

He spends the first movie wandering around being sad until suddenly he's a superhero, and then villains show up, and then he fights them, and then it's over. He never is faced with choices or makes any decisions that further his character, he's just there and stuff happens to him.

The second movie, he spends being sad that people don't like him or think he's god. Again, he makes no big decisions that develop his character. The film doesn't even build up to his death being the resolution of any kind of theme that was being played with, it just happens because he died in the comics I guess and also Snyder wanted him out of the way so that Batman could found the League.

Throughout the series, Superman is a dull, static character with no real arc, and then suddenly, now that he's dead, characters spout lines that imply that his life meant something that was never demonstrated in any of the films.

This series has no idea how to build up themes. It just has characters tell us what we're supposed to feel about these characters, regardless of whether or not it's justified.

Batman kind of has an arc, but even then, it's dumb (I'm mad about Superman; Wait, actually he's a good guy and I was wrong because Martha. I'm going to fight in his honour now.)

Wonder Woman is the only film so far that actually knew how to do character arcs and build theme. That movie was so tight and focused, every scene and moment having a purpose and functioning to hold the film together, that it reminded me of tight cape films of the past, like Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight, before franchise building and set-ups became more important than a cohesive story.