Cartoons that ended at the perfect time and were able to go out on their own terms

cartoons that ended at the perfect time and were able to go out on their own terms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rAMuLNDiWHg
youtu.be/Yab_QYxbABA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Page 10
>No replies
A rather sad indictment.

bump :^)

I remember being mad when this ended, glad it went out the way it did though.

i mean, there aren't many that fit the bill

Gravity Falls

Hehehe
See user and you thought you were bad at telling jokes

>ended at the perfect time
>forgetting half of the school season

Nah! Every CN cartoon had a weak or bad last season, we just forget because most of them has a movie or a special to clean everything up in the end

Even the last episode of My GYM partner's a monkey was basically they saying "Sorry! We thought we could make this work up! But yeah, we can't fix this mess! Goodbye everyone!"

your first mistake was thinking my gym partner was a good show

Kids Next Door, I guess? I dunno, it's hard to think of anything.

Yeah, the school season was pretty bad for EEnE standard, but they were still decent.

Obvious choice

No, i saying that the last episode was basically the characters acknowledging that the show was terrible, most of the last season was meta humor about this in fact, so it kinda counts as damage control

Samurai Jack

it may have been weaker but it still had its moments
>hanky panky hulabaloo
>the one where they escape from school making a plane out of school supplies
>egg head egg
its better then seeing shows like spongebob and what theyve become

If you can imagine that this is the actual ending

Spongebob, if you pretend it ended with the movie.

I liked the school season

That's not fair. If we're doing that, we might as well say
>Futurama if you ignore everything after it left Fox.

I don't think anyone really hates it, but it lost a lot of the charm that the original seasons had. The school always felt strangely empty, and a lot of it just didn't work super well with the existing cast.

With Spongebob and Futurama, it really is like two distinct shows.
The same goes for King of the Hill. Post-judge King of the Hill is so different that it's hard to consider it the same show.

None of these shows had a gradual decline.

Maybe it did

I mean, why is spongebob not the manager in later seasons? Where is the Krusty Krab 2? Why is plankton out of jail?

What was the deal with this cartoon never showing any adults or characters outside of the main kids?

I think you could see the arms of some of their parents in one episode
always felt weird to me as a child

xiaolin showdown was not perfect but better then most

Well, if we're doing that, we could throw the last season of Dexter in there too.

The same reason you don't see adults in Snoopy. It keeps the focus on the kids and their shenanigans, and according to the create lends to the very "summer" feeling that they were going to, where kids are mostly left to their own devices.

>He forgot that Xiaolin Chronicles happened.

Code Lyoko never really went bad, but that has the opposite issue of leaving tons of threads unresolved and just sort of hanging.

>implying eene didn't go through seasonal rot

>He forgot that Xiaolin Chronicles happened.
I chose to ignore it.

Seeing Jack btfo all of his enemies in the future was so fullfilling and raimundo becoming the Dragon Warrior is probably one of the greatest endings of a 00s cartoon.

The school season was to EEnE what season 4 was to SpongeBob; that is, subpar for the series but passable by television standards.

>7 years
Should've ended in 2014 with exit 9b

That whole season that took place in school felt absolutely surreal.

hanky panky hulabaloo actually came out before season 5.

wef

Thats what I do with some long running shows including spnebob

I really loved EEnE. I'd also say KND kept it going without getting stale.

I can remember vividly when this show ended. kinda makes me depressed desu. was one of the last good cartoons in its era, before the dark times.

>Calls someone out for forgetting Xiaolin Chronicles happened while simultaneously forgetting the Code Lyoko reboot

Joke's on you, I never saw it.
I heard it was ok.

You know this to be true.

Season 4 had If It Smells Like an Ed and Your Ed Here

ATLA

I honestly think the original Teen Titans had a great ending at the perfect time. And then they added a cliffhanger episode FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

I don't know if the cliffhanger was the product of meddling or blackmail, but if they didn't go out on their own terms it's because their terms were shitty.

You know that EEnE had almost the entirety of it's planned 6th season cut right? They got to make exactly 1 episode of what was supposed to be a full season.

It should've been. Instead it ended with an episode featuring Shaq and the later film was about going to Bollywood

This 100%

And Kim Possible and maybe American Dragon

One of my favorite cartoons of all time from the good era of CN.

>Writers said they ended the series because they believed there was nothing left to have the characters do.

youtu.be/rAMuLNDiWHg [embed]

What ep was this?

It also produced the most autistic/comfiest fan comics aside from Sonic shit

Xavier Renegade Angel

As Told By Ginger.

It came out when I was really little so I found Ginger boring and enjoyed the side plot stories that followed her little brother more.

Then years later I went back to see how it ended. Last season had very adult themes like the freaking comic relief brother worrying about being a adult, and Ginger handling their parents divorce.

The last episode punched me right in the gut with feels. Very satisfying ending.

Video contains a romance related spoiler.
youtu.be/Yab_QYxbABA