Recent purchases and shelf thread?

Recent purchases and shelf thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?source=catalog&catalogID=4202187&startIndex=0&rows=100&sord=1&savecook=1
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202198
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202188
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202184
marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/jack-kirby-s-kamandi-omnibus-hardcover-t31213.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna get back into Love and Rockets, haven't read it in years. Also checking out Manhunter for that early Simonson goodness

For anyone who's read this, is it worth buying for $34? I've heard a lot of good about it and I'm a fan of Morrison.

Doom That Came to Gotham is good, I thought the pacing was a little weird, but it seems like they didn't give him enough time to flesh things out.

Glad to hear it, it was a bit of an impulse buy when I discovered it was Lovecraftian Batman.

Glad to hear it. It was a bit of an impulse buy once I got word that it was Lovecraftian batman.

Wierd that that sent both my draft and my actual response.

Final Crisis is essential to read between R.I.P. and Return of Bruce Wayne

Last week's pull list

Oh, I wasn't informed about Final Crisis, thanks for letting me know.

The stuff on the left was supposedly 2nd hand but it is all in perfect condition. Batwoman was still in the shrink wrap. Sunstone and X-force was full price. So this load was nearly $200. I don't underatand why the Canadian dollar is so low...i think it's artificially kept low.

Drain is drawn by Sana Takada and holy shit is that a sexy book. The whole this is just sexy female vampires with low cut tops and large breasts. Sana is so good with drawing sexy women

Good call on Dead Orbit. My comic shop just changed locations so they've got a delay in getting their books in, gotta wait till Wednesday to pick up the third issue but I'm ready.

...and Seven Soldiers is essential to read before Final Crisis cause it's a beast by itself

3rd issue was a let down. He could have scrapped like 5 pages or so. Not much happens. It was still good but he needs to pick up the pace a little

Not all were exactly purchased recently, but I haven't gotten around to reading them. Aside from about a third of Howard, which has been a hell of a trip so far.

Only thing not pictured is Wonder-Woman Year One

I really love that Carnage cover. One of my fav covers of all time.

Who did that Thor book?

That's the second Lee/Kirby Thor Omnibus. I bought the first one years ago and loved it, but didn't get around to buying volume 2 until it went on sale recently. All those omnis except John Carter I got for around $40 or $50 each thanks to the recent liquidation of their stock.

I really have to read that run. Thor is my 2nd fav Marvel character but i just haven't read much silver age stuff

I bought some other comics but I'll just show this since this was the only that was important. This week I should be picking up I Hate Fairyland Vol. 2.

Got em all, they're all good. Son is a bit angsty, but that's Batman for you.

Is the Howard omni worth getting?

Yes, very much so. I'm assuming you know of its reputation, and I can say it's well deserved.

Is Batman: Year Two any good?

Bumpin

DC Solicits for Spring 2018 are up

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?source=catalog&catalogID=4202187&startIndex=0&rows=100&sord=1&savecook=1

Also Adam Strange Silver Age Omni is on its way and should arrive on Thursday.

ALSO USE THE FUCKING TEMPLATE, IT'S IN THE DAMN ARCHIVE! FUCK!

It has its fans but general consensus is no.

Aw snap, thanks for posting. Can't believe how long the wait is on the second volumes of the YA books, yeesh. Definitely in for all that House of Secrets, PAD Aquaman, the DC/Looney Tunes book, more Doom Patrol, all the YA trades. Is President Luthor a good read?

IDW and Dark Horse are up too
more moebius, mignolaverse omnis and more alack sinner nice

Nothing new anons but a reminder that BPRD is starting up again this Wednesday.

Thanks for the reminder.

Archie:
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202198

Dark Horse:
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202188

IDW:
edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202184

Why is Dark Horse getting all the best of the best artists and authors? They seem to be pouring money into getting some of the greatest european stuff ever printed. Surprised they didn't manage to get skydoll.

Is Karen making a new Vertigo?

both berger and bond are making a new vertigo while DC is also trying to revive vertigo

>DC Solicits for Spring 2018
Too afraid to look. I don't want to be burned again.

Yea... but if you're going to get into Morrison's whole Batman situation youll want to start earlier and read more in between.

Theres an infographic with the reading orders for it, But I don't have it myself, maybe someone else can link it

Should I just give up on that Jack Kirby Kamandi Omnibus that was supposed to come out?

All of the Young Animal books except for Shade, the Changing Girl collect 7-12 while Shade collects 7-13.
Maybe it will be cancelled after the crossover

Getting Zatanna next year. Also debating whether to complete my Rebirth collection or not. Are Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Superwoman, or Batman Beyond decent?

>Doom Patrol Book 4
Nice, they're going past the Morrison stuff

>House of Secrets Book One (Vertigo)
This a relisting? Thought that was solicited already

>still no Vigilante by Marv Wolfman vol.2

She's dead boys

someone who had a friend at DC ™ mentioned they're going to release it later this year, they're just holding it back for whatever reason

Don't want to make a thread for this so i'm asking here.

Anyone read The Adventures of Jodelle? Am wondering what it's like, I don't read many comics and i'm picking up a few euro non cape stuff.

I got the Lee / Ditko Doctor Strange omnibus and Transformers: IDW Collection Compendium. I remember next to nothing about the IDW TF stuff, so I'm pretty excited to re-read it!

>House of Secrets
If it was from before, I must have missed it. I read that earlier this year, and this is a weird collection of issues. It has the introduction story arc, a bit of history about the House, then the story about how each Ghost got stuck in the House. That story arc contains a small bit at the end of each issue setting up two groups of people to meet (two plot lines) but they are skipping the issues that set up the other plot line.
>Collects HOUSE OF SECRETS #1-5, #7, and #11-16.
They also have the wrong cover up, as that series has nothing to do (except for name) with the old anthology book

That's the way Seagle decided to rearrange it for the omnibus release, more or less chronologically if I remember correctly.

Hope more people get into it, definitely one of the more underappreciated Vertigo runs

Oh that's cool then. I wonder if he removed the 3-5 pages of "present time" story from each issue and just stuck it at the end.

I would fucking riot. It's by far my favorite book DC's putting out.

I don't recall but it was a pretty comprehensive collection, even featured the Vertigo Gallery tie-in (minus the other featured stories)

So I want to get into Usagi Yojimbo and was going to buy Usagi Yojimbo Saga Book 1 when it was on sale but then noticed it was Vol 2 and Vol 3 in there instead of Vol 1 and just 2. Anyone know why? If not I'll just buy Vol 1 and just buy the Saga later on.

Here's my shelf again. It's the first time I've had a camera, so I hope it's not against buyfag thread etiquette to keep posting it without something new.

Thinking of canceling my Prime. If I preorder things with Prime, but cancel it after, do I still get Prime shipping on the preordered things?

Yeah, as long as you ordered while you had Prime you're good.

no one can stop you

Neat. I'd love Satania day 1, and there's a ton of artbooks coming out soon for some reason.

Get the Epic Collections

manga/non-Marvel stuff

Thor Omni vol 3 is being released in October or November I think

I just sent Appleseed Alpha back because it had some major binding issues. Hopefully it was just a one off. I'm currently waiting on the 2dcloud kickstarter books. I can't wait to read Mirror Mirror II.

Does anyone know if Marvel's Epic collections are in color? I want to get Kraven's Last Hunt.

How is Harrow County? I read a few issues back when it started, but fell off for whatever reason.

>Does anyone know if Marvel's Epic collections are in color?
they are

This a repost of older pickups? Or did a 3rd indie person get night of the flying head?

Cause my eye is drawn immediately to that EVERY TIME. If I ever see it in real life I feel like I have to buy it, no matter the cost.

Harrow county is pretty good, love the art, story has been ok, vol 3 (I think) was kind of boring. I haven't been buying the floppies but vol5 left of really good and from what I have seen from the floppies covers it's getting better, I would definitely recommend it

Half the "good manga" shelf is out of picture, and there is tons more embarrassing manga in my closet, but that's the way things should be probably

Fuck yes it is.

Good to know, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it has just been me every time.

How does it continue? One overarching story or smaller arcs?

Good shit. Keeping the duplicates of Eightball for any particular reason?

I picked up From Hell recently from a used bookstore. I didn't realize the book was so huge, but it's proving to be a good read so far. I fucking miss when Moore's shit was readable.

Do you mean why I have some comics found in Eightball in single books? Just because I bought them first and/or because it's convenient/nice to have complete stories in their own book

Man if you like Vol 1 you are gong to love vol 2.
I love it all, but the 130's are mind blowing.
Pic unrelated.

Ant-Man on Laserdisc? SWEET!

bump

What's the next big purchase you guys are thinking of making? I'm thinking about getting that JLI omni that's coming out at the end of September

I'd like to go on a buying spree where I just finish off series I've already started collecting, maybe in a couple paychecks

October/November is when a LOT of stuff comes out for me

Shaolin Cowboy: Who'll Stop the Reign?, Manara Library Volume 3, Mister Miracle by Jack Kirby, Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible Volume 1, Moebius Library: The Art of Edena, The Demon by Jack Kirby, Hellboy in Hell Library Edition, Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness, and Transformers vs G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection

I think the Losh, NTT, Fourth World, 3rd Kirby Thor, JrJr Thor, and 4th Shang Chi omni are going to round out my year. I'd like to get the deadly hands omnis too, but I feel they'll eventually go for cheap.

I'm holding back to save for most of the pre-ordered stuff. LoSH and JLI omnis, more Legion stuff, a few deluxe editions here and there...

Either some original art if I can justify spending that much or the Perez Wondie omnis

I'm interested in that Cap. Where can I get it?

That's a pretty sexual shelf bro

Picked these up about a week ago. 1,10$ for both, still sealed.

International buyer, so I have to buy in bulk to save on shipping.
Last purchase was in June. Next one will be October 17th. As many of pic related as I can fit in my budget.

damn lucky for these prices
>Sup Forums pass user since 2015
git

Does anyone know if the Kamandi Omnibus has been delayed or is it just outright cancelled now?

marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/jack-kirby-s-kamandi-omnibus-hardcover-t31213.html

I doubt it's canceled. This is Jack Kirby's 100th birthday year, so DC is doing a lot of tributes to him. It'll probably get re solicited.

Bump

Bought the trade paperbacks for Annihilation. Waiting for those now. Thinking of buying DC Universe by Alan Moore, too.

Ebay.
Figuarts Civil War Cap

Courtney Crumrin, my man.
Was really into it a few years back.

Hey gothfriend. What are the best goth books in your opinion? I'm a big fan of Serenity Rose.

Things on the top of my to buy list are
>Kabuki
>Sunstone Vol 5
>Grell's Green Arrow 4-end
>Kevin Smith Green Arrow
>Beta Ray Bill Godhunter

And before I complete this I know I will break down and buy more X-men. Cause every once in a while I just have the craving. And I'll of course be looking through discount bins for random indi stuff.

>Sunstone Vol 5
But the second hardcover is coming out in a few months, just get that instead.
>Godhunter
Anyone know what this is like?

With talk of the Kamandi omnibus being delayed or possibly cancelled, does that spell doom for the Fourth World omni that's supposed to be released this December? Or is that still proceeding as planned?

They couldn't cancel the Fourth World omni. They don't have the balls.

I have the rest in softcover anyway

I have't read Godhunter yet, but it's BRB getting fed up with Galactus and wrecking him. So it's got to be good

What comic is everyone looking forward to this week?

Well I guess more of Bill is always a good thing.