youtube.com/watch?v=icVu-acHlpU&t=220s

youtube.com/watch?v=JT2LSB1Bz2o

That was fuckin great

MAGIC MIRROR ON THA WALL

SEND ME A PRINCE ABOUT SIX FEET TALL

Hey guys, Ben T. Looney here.

People do eat rodents in Africa

probably

Don't be stupid. People in Africa don't eat.

>Murder incorporated

This is art.

>racism

Don't you guys mean instinct?

Art that documents the times.

Although this is fucking rare shit and awesome, I"m not sure how it's racist.

I haven't read this book but I imagine it's exactly the same as that skit by Bo Burnham

youtube.com/watch?v=pjLfyooJQEc

youtu.be/vKfAF4jVqnA

It's racist against the United States, which is represented by Mickey Mouse. Or at least it's trying to be.

Wait, why are they called the Berenstain Bears? I thought the authors were Jewish.

I mean, father bear [whatever the fuck his name is] is right to be suspicious of fucking GHOSTS WITH NO PUPILS.

As much as I'm against censorship, I'm still really grateful that when I watch this segment with more than one or two other people, we don't inevitably need to stop when it gets to a certain part every single time we watch it so some faggot can put his "fresh outta college and now so disillusioned with the world and here to educate you" cap on to talk about how racist this is. That shit ruined group viewings of Peter Pan and Dumbo.

I can see it being jingoisitic, but I'm not sure if mickey even counts as white.

I guess it wouldn't really qualify as racism so much as nationalism. See, it's not about white people. Mickey represents the United States as a country. It's a metaphor for the world war. Mickey, a hollow cruel capitalist corporation mascot (because, really, what better way to represent America?), flies in on missile vomiting vultures (like our airforce) and starts shooting and torturing everyone with his snake minions, and there's even implied cannibalism. Then all of the characters of Japanese folklore (representing a rejection of western modernization and culture) rise up and defeat him with nothing but their superior fighting spirit and ancient magic. It's just typical propaganda.

>It's a metaphor for the world war.
But it predates WWII

Oh sorry. I got my timeline wrong and misspoke. But there were other wars going on in that decade with Japan leading up to their involvement in WWII, and Japan still was unhappy enough with America (or maybe you could argue it was rather with the west in general) to make propaganda films even that early.

>1936
What was happening in 1936

Metaphor for anti european colonialisim then.

Japan was convinced that the Eruopean powers would invade it and destroy it, like they had done to china, india, SE asia, ect. So they decided the best thing to do was to copy the fuck out of Germany's war machine/industralization and England's emprie, and create a unified Japanese empire.

It's about the time they went full empire mode.

America basically put an oil embargo on them.

What cartoon is that even from?

Donald would've been a better fit to represent United State as a country, but I guess Nips are afraid that he'll fuck their shit up in a real fight. The cartoon made Mickey the badass we've always wanted.

Question for you guys:

Is it still racist if the natives of Neverland are a fictional culture of a fictional island and don't represent any real world tribe? And if so, why?

>papa hating pandas when he's clearly a slant-eyed himself

Donald is Irish though.

People eat each other in Africa, what's your point?

>bashful

At least that one is the exact opposite of the appropriately stereotypical trait.

>the fence just got ten feet higher

That's a joke about racism. It's not racist in itself.
Though I guess that still counts.
Good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

With what the japs were doing in China they deserved to be made fun of.

that says more about how worthlessly shit your group is than the movie.

Yes but the cartoon being discussed wasn't a reaction of people making fun of Japan.

I mean, if they're acting like that it really doesn't matter what color they are.

I could see the argument that it's a fictional island culture that's based on Wendy's childlike understanding of actual Native Americans. But even then, who listens to children? They never know anything and never mean anything by it.

>you're a credit to your people.jpg

fucking kek'd

youtube.com/watch?v=z3r8KN17wP0

Is it just because of the 'cant read' trait? Is that why this is racist?

It really wasn't, there was just overblown outrage that lead to the creator having to publicly apologize for it

Yes, because it creates the idea that all natives have the exact same cultural beliefs and customs, and that they're simple tribal hunters who speak broken English and ululate with their hands over their mouths.

The concept was for a stupid character, or atleast an illiterate one. The show has become famous for its "minority coded" characters so obviously she must be coded black and this is an offensive caricature.
Also she mildly resembles a Sambo caricature.

Accidentally offensive is the best kind of offensive.

What implies that all natives are like that any more than a perfectly accurate portrayal of any one tribe implies that all natives are like that one particular tribe?

t. skyrim jokes

The main part of native american culture is butthurt - for a good reason. You can't make it right.

That was because FDR wanted to stop their Imperialism. Which backfired because after being cut off, Japan actually had a reason to invade and take othe nation's resources besides "muh grorious nippon".

Tom and Jerry, of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=YMcAqQnV3Ls

I wonder how 2ch feels about all those WW2 cartoons that make fun of the Japanese.

I wish somebody would remake classic films with this Tom and Jerry inserted in.

Also, why isn't there a gif for the gay float?

Was checking some of the related vids and that Van Beuren fellow sure drew some thicc ladies.

>Chink fucking shits

It flips between the two. But the other is more common. Sort of a typo / miscommunication thing.

how is that offensive?

Looks like polynesian people got butthurt because their tattoos are supposed to be unique and personal, and so selling a costume depicting the personal tattoos or Maui (a demigod) was really offensive to them.

It's because you have entered the Berenstain universe, you must go back to your Berenstein universe asap.
Before the cleansers come.

Donald can only fuck himself up reliably.

I didn't know The Princess and the Frog was a remake.

It may be considered racist, but I miss the old 'mammy' characters. They didn't take any shit

I remember that. Bugs made thousends of marks for every Jap killed by him.

Tokio Jokio is even better at hating them.

They're not over sensitive Americans. They probably love them, just like the rest of the world that isn't America.

they are the same character as sassy black ladies.

The only thing gross about this image is that it came from one of those awful redrawn shorts.

They would answer with this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=icVu-acHlpU

Mammys also have parenting skills though

it's funny because only the retarded one said it

youtu.be/CAIoYsii4BI
You know watching the censored version (no dialogue) just made these people rather creepy/scary.

Portraying black people as scary instead of funny doesn't seem to be an improvement.

I really like that cartoon where Yosemite Sam tries to get a retarded child killed by making him chase a ball by throwing it into rush hour traffic.

Beating cartoon animals black and blue isn't a parenting skill.

But yes, mammies are a funnier character overall than Sassy black ladies.

probably

remember the flak for these guys for not being able to read a dead (or at the very least, a very special) language (coupled with their choice to emulate gangsta culture into their mannerisms)?

I never understood why mammy is considered racist. BLACK WOMEN REALLY DO TALK LIKE THAT. THEY STILL DO.

The dubbed Mammy sounds like a black news anchor or a radio host using a put on voice to impress white people.

no, not really.
Mammies are just sassy black ladies.

You tell em Cletus

Political correctness isn't about what's true or not. It's about avoiding hurting people's feelings.

it was the main reason they weren't in the third movie outside of "error" (they're in car mode, never shown in bot mode).

>Political correctness isn't about what's true or not. It's about making white people feel good about themselves.

fixed

epic post

Speaking as a black person, I find the new Mammy voice more offensive.

One the rare occasions one of these blackface characters did show up on my Looney Tunes, Merry Melodies, etc., my naive child brain thought they were supposed to be a cartoon animal thing. Like Goofy, or the Animaniacs.

I lived a sheltered life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much this, when I was little I liked the Tom and Jerry episode where jerry moves to New york and gets his head dipped in shoe shine and comes out looking like a blackface character complete with thick red lips. It was after I moved to the US that I realised that it was pretty racist.

Kinda, because it's just taking all the different Native tribes, throwing them together into one easy to read stereotype, and then add stupid goofy stuff that sorta pisses on the whole "Trail of Tears, shoving the Natives off their land because of Manifest Destiny" thing.

Song's catchy tho.

t. Gwailo

You bein racist mate?

Alot of people are showing cartoons with stereotypes but not a lot of people are showing cartoons with racism. Exaggerated features don't cut out. Your average Black character in loonytunes isn't any more caricatureish than Yosemite sam. Just Black features (big lips, flat nose) are accentuated because it's a cartoon.

BIG BLACK DUCK

he isn't wrong. A sassy black womyn doesn't add anything except diversity points.
A wll written character who's black and sassy on the other hand...

It was never racist, the people who say that deserve to have cocks shoved into their eyesockets