Animators hating other Animators?

Are there any animator rivalries or animators that just flat out hate each other? So much I see how much every animator loves and respects the other and that had me thinking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJHCV40fuCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7v6-iaWngPU
cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/exclusive-clarence-creator-skyler-page-out-of-cartoon-network-after-sexual-assault-allegations-101061.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IjNFRrA6kfU&t=928s&ab_channel=StephenSilver
youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU
youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but Disney and dreamworks don't exactly get on too well.

I hear Jonen Vasquez didn't get along with Butch Hartman, but I can imagine most people not getting along with Vasquez.

Almost anything surrounding John K

The reason you don't see animators do anything except circlejerk eachother is because the industry is too small and job opportunities too fluid and ever changing. You don't want to piss off anyone who might help you get a gig that'll feed you for the next couple of years.

I fucking hate kirbopher.

Why? Jhonen seems perfectly normal and friendly in podcasts, commentaries, interviews. A Butch Hartman rivalry sounds made up to me.

I like to think Vasquez acted like a moody teenager to Hartman "I DON'T CARE IF NICKELODEON IS A KID'S CHANNEL. MY CARTOON WILL HAVE BLOOD, DAD!" then he went to his room and screamed at a pillow as Hartman simply sighted.

Vasquez is a pretty nice guy. It's his fans that are shit.

tomska vs everyone

Vasquez and series' director Steve Ressel actually do have beef though. Steve was such a colossal cunt to everyone through Zim's production that he basically has never landed a job again.

Most of the competent animators in the scene know each other for a long time and they've mostly graduated from same schools.

Isn't there a sick Australia-France rivarly or something? Last time I heard a shit ton of French Animators hate Australia for getting to coproduce the Mia & Me movie with Krauts and Italians

I hadn't heard about this.

That's only applicable for the top animators in the industry for they don't need to compete anymore. Newbies are still have to choke each other in order to gain a place or a storyboard in a famous animator's work.

Sugar and Zuke.

SU is such a fucking mess.

John K hates pretty much every other animator out there, so there's that

Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks.

Nobody takes him seriously and responds his hatred so that's one sided.

Rosearik Rikki Simons had a long Livejournal post basically calling Ressel a terrible human being but I can't find it and it may be deleted now.

is there anything post-1970 that he does like?

Ub went back to Disney in 1940 to run their special FX unit.

They were not at each other's backs.

Yeah his own work

I say it every day every night
SU is such a mess
>laughter
>airhorn

How are Bob Camp and John K nowadays? The last interview that had Bob and Wray made it look like they weren't as angry with each other as before.

Bob Camp makes most of his money drawing R&S at cons so I imagine it would be unwise for him to be too antagonistic to the characters' creator

The Simpsones and family Guy. Once on the Simpsones there was a drawing of Peter's face on a "wanted for plagerization" poster, Seth responded by showing a scene where Quagmire tried/did rape Marge Simpson and homer shot his family. I remember hearing Seth having a meltdown when fox tried cutting it.

Cow & Chicken and Beavis and Butt-Head.
Scene?

Doesn't Spedo have a hatred for other flash animators?

Dewd come on

youtube.com/watch?v=TJHCV40fuCQ

yeah maybe the baby getting shot was the bit to far. They kept the rape bit in for the adultswim airing at least.

Not canon, but thanks.

Ask him.

Of course there are rivalries, but it's good policy not to shit in your own backyard. Animation is a freelance industry, and being too outspoken about your peers means potentially putting people you and your rival both work with in awkward positions. This kind of dirt only comes out after retirement.

This is honestly more true than you might realize. The only way to get away with being an asshole in this business is if you're just that good, and few are, and those that are tend to be nice people anyways so it's not like it's mutually exclusive.

At least he eventually got over it, I think.
Those problems were easy to see coming, since Vasquez had been a comicbook writer before ever approaching animation, not to mention directing, an he was, what, 22? The clash with the network was inevitable.

Everyone hates Gonzo for some reason:
youtube.com/watch?v=7v6-iaWngPU

Psychicpebbles is a prick. Spazkid not as much.

explain

When I was younger I used to think that the crew behind Billy and Mandy had a rivalry with the crew that worked on KND given how Billy and Mandy had a few references to and jabs at KND before that crossover happened

Nah, Seth McFarlane and Matt Groening are enormous fans of each other.

yeah luckily we have much more bromance in animation than rivalry

Although South Park hates Family Guy, that's kinda the only one I can think of

Really? I thought it would be other way around. I know someone who worked with Spazkid before and said he had a tendency to burn bridges with people after a project is finished.

He's a cuck. His gf slept with half the sleepy crew. He has good morals and viewpoints, but his attitude is generally snarky and shitty.

Spaz as far as I know is just weirdly antisocial at times and becomes a recluse.That may be why.

Well talking shit about other artist is just bad for business.

Unfortunately, Russell is also the one responsible for any cool action or fight scenes the show had. He was the one who kept pushing for the show to have dynamic angles and moments while Vasquez wanted more straight-up comedy moments and didn't mind flat angles.

I don't know how to feel because I feel like Russell might've been a key part of why ZIM was such a cool show in the first place. It could go from funny THE RESISTY scenes to impressive flying-through-space sequences at a moment's notice.

I guess we'll see with the ZIM movie what kind of impact he had.

A lot of people do.

user i have a suspicion that you're just a creepy guy making up rumors about strangers on the internet

Pick related seems to exemplify this principal.

Psychic? Is that you?

As someone who works in the industry, it's really fucking unnerving working at one studio in California then leaving for New York and finding out an artist you previously worked with is remoting in to work on the same project you are.

With the amount of animation graduates that pour out every year, it's hard for me to believe I'm still running into familiar faces, even across the fucking country.

he makes shit content that's all i know

>barefoot hank

DELET

Its more /mlp/ then Sup Forums but the only people with any respect for Ilovekimpossiblealot are dickriders trying to use her for their own fame.

Spazkid and Max Gilardi?

why would psychic call himself a prick
i dont understand

Not really. The whole Zuke thing was blown out of proportion...by Zuke herself mostly.

Now Clarence and PPG on the other hand.

>Now Clarence and PPG on the other hand.
What's wrong with Clarence?

Skyler Page even being allowed to set foot in the studio despite having a history of mental problems when CN did nothing about it for months until someone spilled the beans on Twitter. Then they banned him from the premises.

Didn't the incidet happened while he was at AT?

No, it was definitely during Clarence. It's why pic related became a little subject of uncomfortable ridicule during the situation.

I normally hate CartoonBrew since it's a shitty verging-on tabloid website, but it was one of the first places to report it:
cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commentary/exclusive-clarence-creator-skyler-page-out-of-cartoon-network-after-sexual-assault-allegations-101061.html

this is part of why I laugh whenever he trolls his fans (see the ice cream tweet)

there was that douche that worked on mighty magiswords

he never approached animation, they actually came to him
he was like 22 and on his 2nd major comic (Squee, a spinoff of Johnny the Homosexual Maniac) and he was definitely an edgy guy of the time. had the bright red died hair, wore a backpack everywhere, and I think the same kind of jackets the columbine killers wore

Surprisingly, John K likes FLCL and Akira Toriyama.
He even went as far as praising both for their color theory and cartoon principles.

from what I've heard, Zach is a really disingenuous cunt
only evidence I can really provide for this is how he's taking almost 3k/month from his fans to subsidize not having a job, use that time to try and get something going with adult swim, and gives practically nothing that he promised them he'd do without their money (mostly more schmucks and animations, which he's gone like 2 months without the podcast before the episode with Lyle and Chris Ray Gun)

Corey, on the other hand, is basically an autist almost to the level of Chris Chan, but he actually has work ethic and standards. I've heard that whenever he's commissioned, he's known to finish ahead of schedule

I'd love to hear about this rivalry

If Chris had more drive and knowledge do you think he could make it?

Here's Stephen Silver shitting on an entire convention and pushing his own convention in the same video.
youtube.com/watch?v=IjNFRrA6kfU&t=928s&ab_channel=StephenSilver

Not animator but Billy West and John K
youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU
Kinda anti climactic but still worth watching

Chris Chan or Oney?

I saw Vasquez just standing around in a crowd at Wondercon 2012 and no one seemed to notice him but me.

After hearing so much shit about his fans, I thought it was best to not approach him at all. Still feel bad about that.

not him but i worked with spazkid. Haven't heard from him for a long time.

>At least he eventually got over it, I think.

I hope so, he was much an emo or a crybaby back then.

Well... It's not like they hate each other but Alex Hirsch sometimes talk in tweet with Patrick McHale and he is always trying to be spooky like this man (McHale can be really creepy when he is in the mood)... but... well he sounds like a kid when he try it.

I don't know how their relationship is (if there is any) but you may consider them like a young man a little inmature (Alex) talking with a adult man (Patrick).

My impression has always been that animators, consciously or not, will often travel in "packs". When a studio has a new project and they need a bunch of new people they'll usually hire people of equivalent skill level. Anyone who graduated like five years after you is answering totally different ads at different times unless it's a startup that can somehow bring everyone on board at once.

a classic

it's Quagmire that kills Homer and the rest of the family.
and it wasn't a wanted poster it was a picture in a law book on the page defining plagiarism (actually "plagiarismo" since they were in Italy at the time)

from what I heard in the commentary on the South Park episodes on Family Guy, the team behind the Simpsons were sending them thank you emails for being the first ones to give FG a middle finger and the KotH crew said they were "doing God's work"

youtube.com/watch?v=oo6Eq9irhFI

It really doesn't happen often. Animation is a collaborative art form, and like what user said here. The only time you see this sort of shit is with people like John K. or Hotdiggitydemon. People who want to hold onto their hot topic personas in the field don't go anywhere in the field.
I never heard of Jhonen Vasquez never getting along with anyone. But I do know some other directors at nickelodeon didn't like the fact that he was the youngest person to direct a cartoon series, guy practically came out of high school into invader zim.

Is he embarrassed by that cartoon?

Another example of Kevin Smith blaming others for his own failures.

I think the show probably would have been better without Russell. They show really didn't need to be as "flashy" as it was. Comedy rarely needs to be. In fact, simple crude comedy is kind of Vasquezes thing.

I remember in the dvd commentaries Vasquez was talking about one incident with Russell where there was a scene where GIR was doing a silly dance, and vasquez wanted it to be this shitty looking 3 frame loop because that would would make it look funny. And Russell absolutely would have none of it, and insisted it was fully animated on 2's, or else it would look "cheap". I feel like a lot of the show feels a bit over done in this way. The flashy action scenes are fine, but it feels like the whole show was animated more than it needed to be in a way that didn't make it better. Lots of shows like adventure time have less animation by the frame, but look much better in regards to ow they communicate the intent of the scene.

Combine this with the fact that Zim was partly canceled due to it's bloated production costs, I can't help but tend to blame Russel for a lot of what didn't go well on that show.

>Hotdiggitydemon
Arguably hes worse than John K where John actually got to work on a cartoon show while HDD went the easy way and milked the pony fandom. Hes like that attention starved kid in highschool that once got laughs over doing something edgy so now they constantly try harder and harder

in what little defense I can give Max, he apparently shut off his patreon until he can actually get out something every month
whereas John K's own crowdfunding escapades have been, let's say, less honorable than that

>he apparently shut off his patreon until he can actually get out something every month
Even if he's not gonna steal money from his fanbase, I still have a hard time respecting the guy.

Didn't that fucker do some skeezy shit he never got comeuppance for? Like, it wasn't as bad as Psyguy or whatever, but it was still pretty bad? Yet the guy got away scott-free despite his bullshit and now he's even in the VA industry.

He's the dub voice for fucking Reigen. I used to LIKE Reigen. Now my enjoyment of MP100 is tainted because I know that Kirbopher's involved in the english dub.

I guess it's more of a "I won't leech off my fanbase" thing
I guess that in today's crowdfunding scene, this is more of a rarity that isn't seen with creators. take PsychicPebbles, he doesn't give a shit that he doesn't put out much content for nearly 3k/month, but he'll still take that shit

Remember when Alvin Earthworm re-did the first Episode of SMBZ? He saw that one episode of One-Minute Melee, and was suddenly "inspired" because years later, people like Monty Oum and shit still liked his stuff years later.

So he decided to try and milk that fanbase again.

Except after he released the first episode, people got wise to his shit because he was using it to supplement his income while he still did his furry art shit instead of working on SMBZ. Then he stopped working on SMBZ entirely AGAIN, and people just stopped supporting the guy.

Except, well, the 170+ people who still buy his bullshit. Personally, I don't think Nintendo DMCA'd him at all.

Same. Cory's a good guy.

Pretty much this. Him and his gf aren't the best of people. Also this is a preference, but I don't look up to a guy who rides off of Seth Mcfarlane rip-off jokes.

Ps. Pretty sure Chris broke off from Zach for being such a disingenuous cunt. That and Nikki is manipulative. Something along those lines.

Fuck meant CWC, Oney has already fucked his chance up

Chris needs more than drive and knowledge, he needs actual talent
only reason he's as popular as he is now are because of how much of a sperg he is and how bad his shit is. without channers making fun of him, he'd probably popularity probably wouldn't go beyond the run-of-the-mill deviantart/tumblr cringe artist

>gossiping about e-celebs

Is it possible to go lower than this?

zach is such a fucking hack he rides the coat tails of h3h3 and Justin Roiland not to mention the 3k he earns per month for barely releasing podcasts and makin shitty lil animations that aren't funny at all
im probably ignorant for not knowing the "ins and outs" of the prestiguous adult swim biz but fro christ sake it's been over a year of no communication and meanwhile flashgitz are actually releasing engaging content about...you guessed it them pitching a show
fuck zach stamper is best girl

talk about vydia e-celebs.