DCbro here so I'm not sure about how these gems work, so MCU Thanos even with the Infinity gauntlet...

DCbro here so I'm not sure about how these gems work, so MCU Thanos even with the Infinity gauntlet, isn't that powerful right?

Malekith wasn't able to kill Thor with the reality gem
Guardians didn't incredibly increase their power with the orb, so how powerful are they actually?

Hyped for Infinity war though, y'all better be hyped for Justice League

I give the Justice league a fair shake, it looks fun.

Its not so much the gems being weak, but the people using them are idiots. Thanos probably has better knowledge to use them over Malekith and Ronin

>MCU Thanos even with the Infinity gauntlet
The time gem alone would let him take down all the heroes.

Watch Doctor Strange.

DCbro here too, but in the comics the Gems if used correctly are incredebly powerful, and all together make the wielder basically omnipotent.
In the movies they look to be significantly nerfed, or something like this Still, Malekith not being able to motherfucking Reality Stones to immediately achieve his purpose is a complete travesty. That thing's supposed to be able to change the very laws of physics if required.

But I already saw Iron Man 1.

Honestly, I wish they kept his crown on like the design you posted. He's just not menacing when his head looks like a grapefruit.

Doctor Strange shows how powerful the gems are. Iron Man 1 doesn't.

Yeah, let's turn what could be an interesting thread about the Gems adaptation into a company war thread. Never change Sup Forums.

the rat worshiper is correct. ability and mastery are different things.

The Reality Gem/Stone has always been almost impossible to use. The Collector had it but wasn't able to get it to do anything because he wasn't creative enough. Your average person's stray thought could undo reality because they don't have the knowledge or willpower for it, or their bodies physically can't handle the strain of warping reality. The Reality Gem may be the most powerful, but it's also the most useless without the other 5 gems to balance it out.

Yeah, bad design decision there, expecially with the cutesy expression he shows in the poster. Also, I usually associate his helmess, more casual look with his redemption arc, so I get conflicting signals.

I will forgive the mouse if this scene appears in the movie

Ronan could have wiped all life from Xandar with the Power Gem and Malekith almost wiped out the nine worlds. That's with one gem and incomplete mastery.

>I wanted to turn Thanos into Darth Vader for a new generation.
it won't

Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet can still fight Odin to a standstill. He's not to be fucked with.

This just makes me think of how cheap the MCU feels. I don't feel anyone is powerful.

I fucking hope this shit is in Infinity War and not the lame costume they gave him.

I don't know much about Thanos other than the fact that he's basically Marvel's Darkseid. I'm a much bigger fan of Darky but I'm willing to check out some stuff with him in it. What are some recs for Thanos?

>Malekith wasn't able to kill Thor with the reality gem
Well to be fair, a big plot point in the comics even is that the vaaast majority of people dont know what these stones are or how they work exactly. A few people know that the stones have some sorta magical or metaphysical powers, but not precisely what ___ stone does. And the reality gem itself is actively hostile to the users' sanity without the other gems to strengthen the user. But even that is only do-able if they actually KNOW what the gem does. And then they still have to have top 5% willpower in the entire galaxy in order to wield the gem effectively once or twice without dying

>Guardians didn't incredibly increase their power with the orb, so how powerful are they actually?
uh...yeah it did. And then they zapped Ronin with it. What part of that didnt you get?

Malekith created the Aether, though. If he doesn't know how to use it, who does

Thanos is basically a space wizard.
He's a very powerful individual almost completely lacking in morals when it comes to getting what he wants, and he is willing to play very long term games to get what he wants.
Thanks to his long (immortal? not sure if its outright said or not) life he has amassed an incredible amount of information that not a lot of people know. Basically if it would be useful to know ___, Thanos probably knows it and has it on lockdown in some way for the day he needs ___. Thats where the infinity gems come in. Each one is an interesting artifact that does some strange things, but really Thor's hammer or Odin's spear would probably be more functional in direct combat....until you combine them. Then you become god, literally.

His primary danger isnt in personal combat, tho he is no weakling. His primary danger comes from his plots and plans that can take convoluted turns just to shake off the chances of people seeing thru it.

Fuck no, he didn't create shit. Infinity did.

He'll probably be in "honor mode" the whole time. Meaning he won't snap his fingers and kill half of the universe, but fight like a Dragon Ball character, with energy blasts, punches and such.

Watch TDW again.

And I'm certain it will come out that Malekith just discovered it and claimed he created it to puff up his rep.

You've...never seen a grapefruit before, have you...

He didnt create the gem, only altered it into that gas so it would suit his needs

I haven't seen TDW, but the collector said Ronan only needed to put the hammer in the ground to completely wipe out a planet.

That's pretty powerful to me. Which makes me think why Thanos won't do that since the beginning, I'm pretty sure the stones themselves wouldn't be destroyed. So he can just collect them from the wreckage.

Watch Guardians of the Galaxy again, faggot

>so MCU Thanos even with the Infinity gauntlet, isn't that powerful right?
Lol no, Ronan's minion said he was the most powerful being in the universe and that is without the Gauntlet.

>Believing the opinion of a minion
Really wish they'd actually show us how strong he is rather than just telling us.

Odin has no feats in the MCU other than losing his eye in a fight with a normal Frost Giant.

If only a movie was being made to demonstrate just that....

wasnt it the then king of the frost giants, not just some random frost giant warrior?