What does Sup Forums think of this disgusting shell of a human being?

What does Sup Forums think of this disgusting shell of a human being?

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/understaffed-11859373
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's done more with his life than you will

How much does he "make" on Patreon again?

You had your chance to post his worst in the storytime of pain weekend.

I think that he's not worth discussing, and that the thread should be deleted, or go immediately into autosage.

Man when did Sup Forums become such pussies

Hi Dobson

Not really

Dobby's old news and kinda boring.

He's been eclipsed by worse human beings like Bob Chipman.

that isn't much of an accomplishment user.

Pretty much this. There's nothing to say about him at this point - his art is awful and he's a sadsack. We established this ages ago, what do you want, OP?

Dobbles has gotten to the point of being so irrelevant that he's not worth discussing anymore. He's pretty much back at square one with his stuff at this point and everyone has flown past him.

I don't get why people say his art is bad.

It's mediocre, but it's not bad because it's successful in being alright.

Yup. But someone is trying really hard to still us some Dobson today

who?

I can see how you would say that. If you're a normie.

But his art doesn't even rise to the level of competent. In every way, his technical ability is lacking - anatomy, gesture, perspective, composition, color, ect. He's not Buckley or Jeph Jaques but he's not all that much better than those two, either.

>Lacking in perspective

I don't think you can actually say that he's lacking too heavily in that department as he primarily makes 2D comic-strips.

I think he might be able to use perspective just fine since it's a very easy mechanical principle of art.

I'll need an example of this before I accept it.

I know his composition sucks, but it gets the job done. His colors definitely blow, but I don't see how anatomy is that big a deal when you see what he's drawing.

I know he can't draw real people, but he doesn't really need to since that's something you either use or lose.

I agree that his gestures need work though. They don't flow at all, but he just needs to do more planning before he starts constructing. There's no excuse for poor gesture, especially on cartoons.

I do agree it's unacceptable for someone that makes a living as a cartoonist to draw like he does, but it's also not unacceptable because it's ok to the general populace.

patreon.com/posts/understaffed-11859373

I think his biggest issue is that he lacks the mental discipline/direction to improve his artwork. I don't think that's the biggest issue he has though.

His work is devoid of a good message, but if it was well thought-out, it'd be a great comic strip.

Here's the real question: Dobson, Penders, or Jacques?

that's almost a real joke.
Like, actual set up and pay off. The takeaway is reasonably on point to the subject, if hilariously dated.
The anatomy is bad, and it's incredibly static, and the complete lack of backgrounds is offputting. But if this was presented as one of the proverbial 10,000 terrible drawings you have to get out of your system before you make good art, I'd see the promise in them.

I much prefer the old Dobson who has shit views on art and comics than the current Dobson who has shit views on politics and social issues.

I do also miss the days when he used to draw himself as a cute nerdy guy with full set of hair because it showed you how deluded he was as a person more than anything that came out of his mouth.

I have a major issue with disparaging his work on-top of this. He should know that the fingers/metatarsals begin in the middle of the hand, but "anatomical" errors could easily be stylization.

The line-art is bad on top of this, and I actually draw similarly as a hobbyist.

>OMG I HATE DOBSON
>LET'S HAVE DAILY DOBSON THREADS

there I just described Sup Forums in 2013

>used to draw himself as an attractive guy with a full head of hair
>people called him out on it because he's a fat, bald egghead
>started drawing himself as a bear in a fedora
>people start calling him a furry

At least Whomp's Ronnie runs with and exaggerates his flaws. More self insert comics should do that.

I always mix up the foot and the hand.

now thats a tough question,i think it is between penders and dobson,of wich as a sonic fag i choose penders,man how i hate that guy

most of us think he is a moron,a talentless hack and a loser in general,are there any other questions or can we all go along with our lives?

>I think his biggest issue is that he lacks the mental discipline/direction to improve his artwork.
Not only that, but he doesn't want to improve his art. Even when told time and again that his art is shit.

>I don't think you can actually say that he's lacking too heavily in that department as he primarily makes 2D comic-strips.
That's also the problem. The man doesn't put in more effort into that sort of thing. And when he does attempt perspective, it comes out looking something like pic related.

>I don't think you can actually say that he's lacking too heavily in that department as he primarily makes 2D comic-strips.
Doesn't take long to fins amateurish use of perspective in his comic. He clearly knows what perspective is and was probably taught it at some point, but is far from competent in his use of it. Even when he does use a vanishing point, things never look quite right(probably because he doesn't draw the characters or objects in perspective, so they look out of place by comparison).

As for composition, yeah, it gets the job done, the way a hammer gets the job done. Again, he rises no higher than amateur. He has no greater understanding of composition and makes no real use of it beyond lining up panels in a row so you know which one comes next.

I don't know how you can say anatomy is important, then say he can't draw people, when his lack of anatomy is why he can't draw people...despite trying to draw them all the time. His work isn't cartoony enough to get a pass on this, this isn't Adventure Time.
I'm not passing a judgement on whether he should be able to make a living or not off his art, I mean - look at Jim Davis. Man basically pioneered the copy-paste comic and unfunny crap. I'm just saying the quality of his art is bad.
He lacks the mental discipline to be a decent person. He's always been rushing to any bandwagon he thinks will make him popular, but that lack of genuineness is why people don't like him.
You forgot glorious CARNEVALE!!
Penders. In the larger scheme Dobson is and always has been an irrelevance, something to gawk at to pass the time. Penders actually manages to be just as unlikable and probably more of an asshole while causing actual damage.