No shut up Marvel sucks and DC is god

no shut up Marvel sucks and DC is god

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"and then the election happened"

Didn't he say he saw politics as low-hanging fruit a while ago?

to be fair he isnt saying anything negative, but stating the fact people were shocked by the outcome

I'll still take it over Marvel Comics

So do I, but I wish they would finally learn their lesson. It's been over 30 years since CoIE and they still make the same mistakes.

This is probably a good thing. I bet the initial idea was just a Watchmen crossover event.

>but stating the fact people were shocked by the outcome
He states that nowhere in there.

He said addressing politics head on is a low hanging fruit. Being inspired by the way a certain political event played out isn't the same thing.

A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world. But Kirby never wrote anything straight up political.

>A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world.
It's a lot more than "believe," people who knew Kirby have straight-up said he based Darkseid on Nixon.

dcucks still can't recover from the comic-con beatdown? it's been 2 days already

What comicon beatdown?

>beatdown
Imagine actually believing this

Clue me in as Ive only been able to follow comics loosely online. Oh, Im an old fuck that knows a lot of shit about comics, sure, but, my actual comic buying days have become once or twice a year...maybe $100 annually for several years now. Theyve priced me out of a lifelong hobby sad to say.
Anyways, is this implying Doomsday and Dr Manhatten are somehow connected? Is that whats coming?

Recover from BTFO of Marvel by launching two Fantastic Four books?

No. Also:
>Theyve priced me out of a lifelong hobby sad to say
Comics aren't THAT expensive nowadays.

>And then the election happened
Sup Forums fag here. I don't even care. This is the first DC Comic I'm going to read since Multiversity. I can't wait.

I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

No, doomsday is being used as an adjective not a noun. Not related to the character.

And, look what we got as a result, Kirby came up with a lot of irreplaceable aspects of Cosmic DC, whereas if he was on the nose about it, his works would have fallen into obscurity.

I feel like the more you try to make something MODERN and HIP and trying to push for an outright specific message focused on a specific moment in history, it ends up becoming a little heavily dated and few would want to read it.

As groundbreaking as Green Arrow/Green Lantern was, it's more PSA-y stories have come off as corny at best and outright hammy at worst, and it's not entirely the fault of the Silver Age as a whole being unsubtle as fuck.

Because you're a reasonable human being and not a soft babby who gets triggered at the first mention of things.

This

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

Johns said Doomsday was not in this.

So far, it's setting up that the Nu52 was a result of Doctor Manhattan playing around with the DC Universe's timeline. How the rest of Watchmen ties into what Doomsday Clock will be is tentative at best, but there's speculation (that might be a red herring) that a certain, shadowy figure in the current Superman books, is Ozymandias, too. This probably isn't true, but it's fun to speculate.

>I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

He's upset at all the anti-Marvel threads so he's trying to make a comparison.

Two?

>New Challengers
>Terrifics

>I don't get what OP means though. It's just saying they were going to go in a different direction then changed their minds. How is that evidence of disorder?

If this was well planned, then they would have a direction they were sure of before starting of the whole thing. Stuff like that is what leads to Hawksnarls.

I lost all my hope for current Marvel after CW2. Not planning to go back until Alonso is fired.

>GA/GL
>silver age

u wut

BASED JOHNS ARCHITECT OF EVERY POSITIVE THING TO HAPPEN IN CURRENT DC WHILE BEING AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE WRITER WHO PLANS NOTHING IN ADVANCE!!!!

Oh, shit, my bad. Bronze Age, that's it. Still, the Bronze Age continued on with the same general "tone" that the Silver Age had.

Sounds more like Johns being overwhelmed by the negativity at DC prior to Rebirth, the shit thrown at them for the movies and the election that was a shit show for everyone. One of those moments where you go ''Fuck this shit let's drink ourselves to death.''

You're right it's not his fault he's a fucking hack.

>A lot of people believe the Nixon administration was part of the inspiration for Darkseid and Kamandi's world. But Kirby never wrote anything straight up political.

THIS.

THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT.

Yeah, Johns literally didn't even say it was a political thing. He just said "things happening in the world" gave him an idea for Doomsday Clock.

You mean the one where Marvel didn't announce anything?

he said in the first interview about it it was the fact that people took sides so sharply that influenced him too

Only niggers from Sup Forums care about movies. I am on a comic book board.