Storytime Weekend Of Pain 2017

Well, Sup Forums, we made it through another year.

See you all next SDCC!

> Next year
> the ENTIRE run of America

Fuck me that's gonna be an endurance test.

we need the arc where Lian dies next time so Roy's suffering can be wholly experienced

What was new?

Cry for Justice was storytimed.

That was Cry for Justice/The Rise of Arsenal

Liberality/Calexit double feature.
America,
Champions
Some shity webcomics
Chaos
Lilest Zombie
Squirrel Girl
AntiCrossed

Somehow we missed OUR LOVE IS REAL.

We also missed Incarnate, Death of X, X-Men vs. Inhumans, One More Day, and OMIT. I'll count my blessings we were spared these.

Webcomics feels like cheating.

And Titans:Villains for Hire.

I posted it there as well.

Song of Saya was new too. I think Nightwing Brothers in Blood was too. Last year was Battle for Bloodhaven.

We didn't get to do the best Outsiders arc either.

> Roy in the corner
> cat
Kek

I think it's kosher, but it's a different weight class. You need to be TRULY fucked up to deserve a slot, not just bad. We're talking about Cooking with Hathor, or Angel Corps.

For example, a bad sonic fancomic isn't enough. The selection from user needed gay aids rape, and then to go downhill from there.

Chaos was a magical story.

America
Batgirl: Redemption
Champions
Civil War II

Were new to this year's edition.

I can't believe we missed DogFucker.

We should do Lobdell's Teen Titans next year.

Currently working on one final image, but nothing too special.

If this thread is gone before I'm done then I'll post it in the /qa/ thread.

hype bump

Someone did Dogfucker a few days before we started so a lot of people didn't see much of a point in doing it again.

Are you modifying this one or starting from scratch?

All I said was I'm making an image, I didn't say it would be much or what it would be.
Also, it isn't EVERY cover, but it is almost 100 of them.

Oh I thought you were working an another trophy JPG.

That being said, holy shit this is amazing.

Beautiful

Great work user.

BTW, there is at lest one cover from EVERY storytime.
Well not Holy Terror because of the shape of the cover.

awww, I expected Batman: Fortunate Son to made it to this one
c ya next year i guess

It's absolutely beautiful.

OKAY EVERYONE.
RESEARCH MORE SHITTY COMICS ABOUT ARSENAL BEING A FAILURE.

We gotta make Roy the Storytime of Pain mascot.
I remember the Joker's Daughter issues of RedHood&Arsenal being dumb, as well as the whole personification of corruption villain arc.

Pretty good year, America was especially fun/horrid. Though "Thoughts On Being A Girl" wasn't remotely that bad and has zero reason to be part of Storytime of Pain.

That is a thing of goddamn beauty.
You should be proud.
I'm legit making this my wallpaper for everything.

kino

Thoughts On Being A Girl caused me physical pain so I think it belongs here. That pink background hurt my eyes.

>That pink background hurt my eyes.
Fair enough, though most people bitched in that thread about how it was the worst thing since Hitler, or Girls, despite the fact it was just a very generic 4 page comic that's about "Be Yourself".

It wasn't even particularly SJW-y, it was just a short moral comic with nothing particularly bad about it. But everyone treated like it was worse then America.

>Thoughts On Being A Girl caused me physical pain so I think it belongs here. That pink background hurt my eyes.

Having a designated short subject/zine thread is a good idea.

The 'zine weightclass is a seriously stacked one. It shouldn't just hurt your eyes. It should hurt your soul. I think shit like the one about lesbian multicultural maoist sex squads that rape conservative housewives into joining their cause using menstral blood magic, or the one about gay turkish diaperfur revolutionaries would have been a better choice.

Perfect.

There was a webcomic I storytimed years ago that was pretty fucking bad. This was when 30 second image cooldowns were standard and it still took something like ten solid hours.

I kind of want to find it again and do it for a SoP one year, but I have no idea if it's even still around.

What was it about?

There were these immortal (I think) anthro characters that were rare in a world of mostly people. There was an anthro dog guy and some anthro lizard girl who became a stripper to help her human friend (master?) save up money to go to an anime convention. There was also an awesome senator guy that was the only redeeming factor in the whole thing.

Beyond that I don't remember much, but it was incredibly stupid and very, very long even then.

I sort of feel the same way about Champions. It's not a good comic by any means, but it's not the sort of complete shitpile that earns an automatic spot in the annual SoP. It's more mediocre than anything else.

>a bad sonic fancomic isn't enough
I think you're selling Sonichu short.

As the guy who dug Chaos out of the depths of DA, I can honestly say I would be willing to play exactly $1.23 to get my hands on that.

That's an oddly specific number.

Out of curiousity, about how many shitty comics did you look at?

You absolute madman

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

You don't really realize how big the whole thing is until you see that pic.

Oh man, this is perferct.

Good work user

>forgetting EXTREME

Did you see EXTREME?

How did you have the time?

Humphries gets a pass this year.

This.

You madman

No that's what hes saying. Sonichu and Chaos are beyond the scale of a normal bad fancomic. This is advanced badness which is why they qualify

Truly a hero of our time.

You forgot to link to all the SoP threads

>Angel Corps

hahaha, I'd love to see someone try to storytime that on here.

Identity Crisis needs to be a perennial comic

The /qa/ thread someone linked has all those.

Rosechu isn't pain.

Sorry to doubt you, but I can't imagine anyone making through all of them.
Not even cause of how had they are, but how much it all is.

This.