Ultimate Spider-Man Pt. 8

In case you missed them, prior threads are available below. Picking up with issue #69.

I just set up the image poster so it should continuiously post from start to finish. Drinking Gin and Tonics, reading up on Spider-Man, and playing GTA. Life is good.

Have a Bump.

That sounds like a good time.

So were Liz's parents killed by mutants or something?

You don't just ask somebody if they're a supervillain MJ christ.

Liz was the only person who took the school being attacked seriously and it jogged her loose of her comfort zone. Everyone's bound to experience something like that, so this happening when she starts to like someone, it's bound to cause some psychological damage.

Her uncle was one and died because of it.

Yeah actually looking back on it that makes a lot of sense.

Checked my dude. Also is Wolverene into teen girls? Enough to ACT on it? Yes. AND HE GOT AWAY WITH IT. Ultimate Xmen fucking sucks. SHIELD is autism...Wait thats going too far. Autistic people have feelings too. Im THIS close to signing up for the Lavatian military and fuck Marvel humanity.

You're too kind.

Spoiler at your own risk.
If I remember correctly, her father is The Blob in this universe.

>You're too kind.
This.

I was gone the past couple of threads but am caught up today, and I have to say I think people are overexaggerating about Ultimate X-Men. Jean was a careless dumbass, Charles is morally bankrupt, and Logan is all around not a good person in the Ultimate U, but the Ultimate X-Men series for a long time was as good as Ultimates and Spider-Man. Or it at least had arcs that got up there. I think it took more liberties with characterization than the other books, but it wasn't by any means bad at least before it got into Ultimate Cable. I think people are overexaggerating that bit.

I miss Gwen

.>Ultimate Xmen fucking sucks
Not all of them, but yeah.

>SHIELD is autism
Understatement of the century.

Also this is a stupid question, but which team of superhumans do you prefer? Again this is referring solely to preferences.

Ultimates (1610) vs. Ultimate Avenger (1610)
Ultimates (1610) vs Ultimates (616)
Ultimates (1610) vs Avengers (616)
Ultimate Avengers (1610) vs. Avengers (616)

You only get one chance at a first impression user. And they fucked up theirs WAY too badly.

More a fan of rum and cola myself. Have to restrict myself to doing it on the weekends cause of 1st shift work though.

CAAAARLOOOOOOOOS!

bump to help the slower volume along

Without comparison to Bagley, what did you think of Immonen's volumes?

I liked them, a lot. Way better than the shit we got after Ultimatum but not as good as Bagley's

God do I love a good rum and coke. It's a comfort drink if there ever was one. WHile I adore Gin and TOnics and would say they're my favorite drink, I'm drinking one now because of the lack of calories and excess surgars. As I like to tell my friends, I got good at making amazing drinks for skinny bitches. Also love....
>Gin an Gingers
>Vodka and Cranbery
>Vodka and OJ
>Gin and Grapefruit Juice
>Whisky sours
>White Russians as well as BLack Russians
>Seven and Seven
I never got good at making long islands and that's something I need to work on.

I relaly really like the Immonem volumes. His characters are standouts and all look distinctly different. The slightly sharper lines add a lot to characters emotions but I find that background characters and smaller panels tend to not be as detailed.

This.

In general the opinions on the X-Men I've seen in this thread stink of readers who are only really familiar with the modern, fully character-assassinated X-Men.

I don't know how you'd accuse the Ult X-Men of having a martyr complex when, at the beginning of the Ultimate universe, the status quo was that Sentinels were literally just incinerating randos in the street without even a trial. Ultimate Marvel was a much more callous universe in general, but its X-Men were a great deal more heroic than, say, most of the Ultimates or its Avengers, who were basically just government hit squads.

Ultimate Johnny seems like a pretty cool guy.

>His characters are standouts and all look distinctly different

This. As much as I love Bagley some of the characters this book suffers from same-faceitis.

I wish they would've followed up on Liz. So many plotlines were dropped in the Ultimate Universe

Gotta make room for those OCs and their new supporting cast.

Bagley loves midriffs doesn't he?

Thank you user for getting it. It was weird reading through everyone shitting on them non-stop yesterday. Like they're not Peter Parker but they're a lot better people than the Ultimates as a whole for the most part.

I like the Xmen on record. Love them even. THESE XMEN... CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES.

>herb
This is said a lot in USM. Is it a real insult? I'm not sure if I've ever heard it outside of these comics.

Everybody loves midriffs

I actually forgot the Ultimate FF weren't public for a while until reading this. But to be fair that was the series people read the least of. Ultimate Doom was cool but a lot of the work on UFF was inconsistent to say the least.

So it's a little off topic but we occasionaly talk about the marvel games and I feel like they really need to do a re-release of the x-men legends games.

God damn, MJ. Lookin good. Also Peter should have known not to go to a resturant like this if you're not prepared to pay. Seriously, go somewhere else if you can't enjoy it to its fullest.

I've heard herb but not in that contexxt.

I mean, Bendis definitely did follow up on her later and she played a part in the other books she was in for awhile...

Yeah I loved Ultimate X-Men until Millar ruined it
Ultimate Fantastic 4 was also pretty good until right before Ultimatum.

Eh, it's only really Jean and Logan that are huge douchebags. Even Xavier, despite his rougher edges in this line, was fundamentally a good guy.

Colossus in this universe is a fucking A+ bro.

I feel like there was some gap where everyone forgot about how good those games were. Like there was huge fan demand for Star Wars Battlefront, but the XML games were coming out around the same time and were critically acclaimed and sold well but people kind of stopped caring after Ultimate Alliance 2.

Does everyone in this world wear thongs?

>Like they're not Peter Parker but they're a lot better people than the Ultimates as a whole for the most part.
That's not exactly a high bar to clear. Generally speaking, all of the Ultimate universe characters are more asshole-ish than their 616 counterparts. Notable exceptions are Peter, May, and JJJ.

I think the problem is that Ultimate Alliance had to branch out too much but with Legends you only needed to focus on X-men content and the games were better off for it.

>Eh, it's only really Jean and Logan that are huge douchebag
That's putting it mildly. They're absolute monsters. Also lets include Sue Storm in that list as well.

Ultimate JJJ was an absolute standout in the Ultimate Universe. Truly an amazing character with a solid arc.

Is that plane a statue or what?

She had brief appearances after she left USM and was never really showcased again

And Ultimate Pyro. Fuck you Loeb.

UA was a great game though. It has almost the same reviews as XML and XML2. It was 2 that shat the bed in some ways. Like locking half the roster behind progression and then keeping them locked when you did other playthroughs. That was really stupid. And the team up attacks got old. And the twist on the story with the nanobots was a bit meh. But the level of detail on the game was amazing. Like with the menus and the extra costume each character got. It was a great looking and fun game. The devs I think just didn't put enough focus on actual gameplay.

That's true I think I've just got nostalgia goggles on, I need to play through UA again.

The fact that Peter and MJ never banged was the most unrealistic part of the UU. Two teenagers at that age, as close as they are, with how much he risks his life? They'd have been at it like rabbits
Love their relationship though, pure teen love. The breakups were annoying

Something I've noticed: In all the appearances from the Ultimates that I can remember in this book Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch never show up.

>Hawkeye hates kids

Well he doesn't have to worry about his for very long lmao

SPoiler at your own risk.
They banged in Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #3. Prior to that issue, MJ even offered to do it because she was worried Peter was gonna dump her or something along those lines because they hadn't done that yet. Peter knew exactly what her worries were and put them at ease.

=O

Are you doing Ultimate Doomsday and all the other crossovers?

>Confused
>Check the background here for the plane
>It's a totally different background

She was in both X-Men and Ultimate X.

Wait Venom's back?

Oh no wait I'm retarded.

>Sue Storm
Explain user. Im only halfway done with my enlistment sheet.

>Random troll in the background
Oh, okay. I guess these aren't mistakes:

Lmao. I was just about to ask how they afforded the steak and nice meal and then they reveal it's fake. Bravo, the inconsistency was on purpose

So many whyboners on one page. That's another thing Bendis was unnaturally good at here, between this and Carnage Stacy

It's how she turns out later. She's fine until Ultimatum.

>those nightmare scenarios

top fucking kek

Was it epic sex or did he suck?

everything goes to shit post ultimatum
except USM

I have most of the issues but if I can manage to find HD versions I'll post them when it comes to it.

It happens in Ultimate Fantastic Four #55. You'll know it when you see it.