They gone too far

They gone too far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PQdOFGOsa18&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These things are so fucking ugly.

where's my clarence pops (pretty much the only hope that show has left for merch)?

I have a Rigby one and they look like they severed his spine

>walk into FYE
>see this
Please god kill me

well at least they kept her boobs

What's the appeal of these things and why do people buy them in mass?

I guess they're simple and don't look as childish as traditional statues or figures. I mostly have some because work gives them to me for free sometimes.

As ugly as it is, they got her nose right somehow

>the appeal
They're a last resort if your favorite IP has zero other merch.
>why do people buy them in mass?
Some people honestly think they have collector value and they are wrong. People who buy toys trying to flip them for a profit are infinitely sadder than people who just want to own toys because they like them.

>and don't look as childish as traditional statues or figures

Wha?

Some of the more stylized ones look okay, but the beady black eyes kill them for me anyway

Ironically the Clarence designs would be perfect for funko shit.

a girl I knew spent more money on these things in a month than I spent on rent and food

I'm quite scared right now.

FYE still exists?

Rigby's got this whole twisted perspective thing going on so his face literally makes no sense in three dimensions. The official toys were even uglier than this Pop.

They're cheap and easy to find

>Looking like a literal children's toy is somehow less childish than a high quality rendition of the subject material
What?

he warned us about this.

we didnt listen

Will he find the last one?

>Implying they don't multiply upon being found

the last one is inside him. not in a sappy kinda way but in a SAW movie kinda way

hes gonna have to vivisect himself to get it out

Cheap, easy to find, any character license you can think of, it's considered "normal" to collect them by people who want to pretend to be "nerd" or "geek" -culture.

Plus, like Beanie Babies from the 90s-00s, poor fools think they will be able to resell them.

Is it anatomically correct though? And by that I mean does it have his messed up butt?

Why are Funko Pop Tina's boobs in the same league as Funko Pop Power Girl's?

>walk into EB Games
>walk into HMV
>walk into Hot Topic
>walk into the mall anime store
>takes up a whole wall in each
It's like a virus.

>Does anyone have an image of that really weird violet funkopop

I own one... of Ajani Goldmane. It was pretty cute.

Hot glue when?

I wouldn't even waste elmers on this cheap garbage.

On a surface level because people often associate figures with something you have as a kid while these are piss poor attempts at ""geek culture"" as said so people wanting to look dorky might have the,

>Having statues as a kid
What?

It's sad as shit I've resorted to saving up money for these things just to own RS merchandise that isn't a total waste of money. They never even finished the character roster.

Benson is the only acceptable character funko. Right now I just have Skips.

>walk into Hot Topic

There is worse

>Introduce hairless egyptian cat as villain of first DBZ movie in a decade
Okay...
>Follow up movie is the return of Frieza, with a brand new form
Fuck yes!
>Pokemon ripped Toriyama off with the evolution shit, and Mewtwo's design, so he gives us shiny Frieza
You're just fucking with us right?
>Blue hair super saiyan comes next
Laugh until I have a stroke
>Dragon Ball Super is released
Stop it I'm already dead!

He asked to be left alone, why didn't we leave him alone...

>Walk into any store
>See Pops
>Don't get triggered
Wow, that was hard.

What do you want? A pat on the back?

>release reg show funko pops
>don't make pops

That's actually not bad, the Bob's Burgers artstyle is ugly as shit anyway and the glasses fix the dead eye issues these things have

Case in point: pic related

Looks like those comic character popsicles the ice cream trucks would always sell.

Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Wall Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

what do you mean, he already won

I got one of these before.
It's a Boba Fett bobble head. Thought it was cute.

But then I saw what these things look like for characters that don't wear helmets and have visible eyes.
I'm content with my Boba Bobble, but I'd probably have purchased more of them if their faces weren't so goddamn creepy.

I'm surprised too, I went to a going out of business sale there in like 2006, guess they just shut down a few but some are still around like how Circuit City & Blockbuster didn't immediately go away

>He asked to be left alone, why didn't we leave him alone...

Well, one good thing came out of super.
youtube.com/watch?v=PQdOFGOsa18&t
Kale is a goddamn treat.

this is one of the best ones they have
look at

Hot Topic has a bunch of band t-shirt. That's my excuse.

Normie-tier trash
I recently went to a comic convention and there were thousands of them

God forbid a specialty retailer sells what they're suppose to.

>these underage fags crying that they're so creepy and staring into your soul and NIGHTMARES FO DAYS
it's just ugly fucking trash, it's not creepy, most of the time even when intended

I'd lick a Pearl Pop.

>sorted into categories

The fye in my local mall just has them on the shelf in no particular order. They also have one two-sided rack for CDs, a whole back wall for vinyl records, most of the side wall full of shirts, and various themed set-ups littered around the store like DC, Marvel, WWE, Harry Potter, etc.

Any other anons' local fye like this?

Idk this one is kinda cute.

Holy shit, for real?
These things declaw all the actually terrifying-looking designs like Xenomorph or Michael Myers yes, I think the original Michael looks terrifying. Horror is subjective, fuck off and make them cutesy instead.

>The Phantom
I...I kind of want that...

They're bought by (((geeks))).

They only look good when they go off the bland model template

>it's not enough
>it wll be never be enough

At least they figured out not to fuck up helmets.

the nose is a little offputting but it's pretty cute overall. Works well for the character. Any other Bob's Burgers figures?

I only own this one but i like it a lot.

Don't get feels often watching cartoons but my heart bled for Jerry right there.

Thoughts on Tsums? I kind of want one

Those look like shit. I dont hate on pops automatically. Most of the batman, tmnt, and the vegeta ones look good. Those look bad.

They're the stupidest fucking thing ever but I want at least one.

Tell that to the people who keep buying all the nintendo switches.

You need to get at least 2 so they can stack dude

Unforgivable oversight not to go full 80s/90s and make cannons that shoot them at each other.

There are trained artists out there with solid academic backgrounds who are scraping by modeling these fucking things knowing if they don't turn in their CAD files fast enough some Pajeet will take their job.

At least the first wave of SU POPs had decent QC, if you find a Rose POP that doesn't have her skin bleed into her hair or the reverse you're one of the luckiest people I know.

the switch doesn't have collector value, you're thinking more along the lines of their amiibo or maybe the nes mini even.

switch scalping is just capitalizing on new hardware, but it'll die off naturally once the hype cools. the value of a collectable is something you look to find in the future, not the present.

>switch scalping is just capitalizing on new hardware

It's also banking on product scarcity, you can't find 'em in stores these days.

Adorable.

Yeah, because it's hyped to hell and back. Can't really fault the company that came up with the Wii U for not wanting to risk overstocking. But it won't be scarce forever.

>Yeah, because it's hyped to hell and back.

That and Apple is gobbling up a massive amount of the same components used in the Switch for its new iPhone.

I dont think acknowledging artist effort can excuse them not looking good. You're probably just making a joke but youre probably right.

>He doesnt paint over the eyes
>or if sculpt is an issue, get some clay, melt the face mold a bit with a hair dryer, sculpt it into something you like, dry, and then paint
>or more simply, make a brand new face mold and saw off the original head, stick it in with a drill hole, and now you have swivel rotation and free material to melt down for further customization

>if you find a Rose POP that doesn't have her skin bleed into her hair or the reverse you're one of the luckiest people I know.

Keep your expectation of mask-airbrushed vinyl toys realistic. This technique was created to paint decal-tier detail on smooth surfaces, not replace the concept 'assembly.'
The fact that Funko's too cheap to even make the figures with a base flesh color vinyl should be enough warning how little a fuck they give.

I'll just learn to 3D print and cast my own non shitty toys at that rate

I thought fye was bankrupt when they closed the only one in the city 5 years ago

I like the Hawkman one. Even considered buying it when I saw it at my LCS today.

that anger expression isn't there

>that camel toe
holy shit

Every retailer at every convention.

Yeah, they sell Booty O's

this graph is a lie

>>Follow up movie is the return of Frieza, with a brand new form
>Fuck yes!
This is the sign of a retard

Teddy looks weirdly young there, like 25

he's a skinny fuck there

THERE IS ALWAYS WORSE

Can you atleast drink our of them?

I was at a retro video game convention this weekend and a guy had a setup like that of Sup Forums characters completely unrelated to anything else at the con. Yet there was always a line of people buying them

And become possessed? No thanks

>cash cow
>too far

pick one

MCM ComiCON this weekend in Manchester
I can already see the lines of them stacked high.

Too-many-chicken-wings Rigby