Why don't you read/buy Gwenpool? Is like Squirrel-Girl with a neet!

Why don't you read/buy Gwenpool? Is like Squirrel-Girl with a neet!

Is that the artist that tanked sales and they had to get the guruhiru guy back

>like Squirrel-Girl
no thanks

>having my cheesecake and eating it too

Giruhiru is two middle aged Japanese ladies.

She isn't

gwenpool is shit, the only thing that made it worth buying is guruhiru's art

Hastings didn't write this terrible panel.

No, that's her guest appearance in a different book.

This is from her appearance in Rocket Raccoon/Groot, not her ongoing. Gurihiru is a pair of japanese women, not a guy. Also, Gurihiru has always been the main artist for her ongoing. The other artists they've gotten have just been fill-in artists to give Gurihiru more time to finish their issues.

Why would you buy a book just for the art? Schiti is one of my favorite current artists but I sure as fuck wasn't going to buy Bendis' GotG just for Schiti. I read Gwenpool for Hastings more so than anything else, Gurihiru just takes it from good to great.

If you only buy the book for the art and think the writing is shit, then you'd be better off buying some books with Gurihiru on art whose writing you actually enjoy. Check out their Power Pack books, for example.

It's because Gwenpool is a straight out shit design that do not work outside of the animu style.

I don't buy a comic for the writting, if the art is shit I won't touch it.

Absolutely false
Blame the sculpter for giving her 50 year old plastic surgery and lib injections mom face.

>mfw I bought CWII

>if the art is shit I won't touch it.
Well yeah, I agree. Comics are a visual medium, so the art is important. But you should get a comic because you either like both the art and the writing, or love the art/writing and find the other acceptable. If you despise the writing and are just buying it for the art, or vice-versa, then you'd probably be better off getting other books by that artist/writer with creative teams that you prefer.

But hey, it's your money.

Oh boy.

I gave it a try, but found it more annoying than funny or cute.

>you'd probably be better off getting other books by that artist/writer with creative teams that you prefer.
that's what I usually do. I don't go around buying batman just because it's batman or gweenpool because it wacky and crazy just like OP is trying to tell us.

Not true.

I'm talking about creative teams, as in the writer/artist combination along with the inker and colorist (since they usually play a much bigger part than people give credit for), not characterfagging.

>representations of violence promote violence
this is not a smoking advertisement

>posts a even shittier style to prove a point.

wew

>having shit taste and believes people take him serious
wew

Gwenpool is like someone took a concept from a drawfag thread and made it into a comic.

Marvel can't write positive female characters without being either preachy or quirky.

It's ironic that DC, the company that gave us "women in refrigerators" is in actuality the better of the two when it comes to writing women...and I say this as a Marvel fan.

It might be because DC hires actual female writers and not beta male feminists.

>defending a deviantart tier animu bait style
>not even giving arguments, jiust butthurt
wew

Hastings can write adult women just fine, but that's not Gwenpool at. Marvel's just doing the "this quirky teenage girl sold, so let's run another dozen or so quirky not-so-necessarily teenage girl solos to see if we can make lightning strike twice." that they always do.

unlike manga it's very hard to find writer/artist teams, specially in american comics, because they usually move to other projects due to money, interest or the end of their contract with an specific company.

OP panel is not representative of Gwenpool at all. As states, it's not actually from her comic. And as states, it isn't by Gwenpool's writer, either.

>like squirrel-girl

>wwn have a figure or statue in Gurihiru's Style.

Why even live?

>all this backpaddling

waifufaggots are a mistake

saying something is false is backpaddling?

also, remember to sage guys!

>doesn't even give constructive criticism himself
>wants arguments on behalf of the other
wew

>Gurihiru is two Japanese women
How does that work? Does one do the like work and the other do colour? Why do they share an alias?

>wew
wew

They split penciling, inking, and coloring between them, yes.

>Does one do the like work and the other do colour?
More or less. They both work together on designs/layout/paneling, then one does pencils/inking and the other does coloring.

>Why do they share an alias?
They're "Gurihiru Studios" but just go by Gurihiru.

>Sexualizing Gwen

I'm OK with this.

>two Japanese women
>the result is lesser art than your average mangaka
why?

Who's skull is that?

As far as I know, Marvel pays with peanuts.
Why even bother going full mangaka if it can't pay the bills?
Also you can't compare the sells between japan and Usa desu.

ghost rider

It's not like Squirrel Girl but okay.

>Marvel has 30 something female characters active at the moment
>the only one who remotely acts female is a poorly written gag character
Food for thought.

Not to mention the only remotely best-written character is a gag character.

This isn't a Squirrel Girl thread.

she's right, she needs to have her pussy exposed to the reader. that'll show 'em

Tch. I understand that racial tensions are high right now, but did marvel really have to depict a black man trying to lynch a white woman? Not cool guys.

>Is like Squirrel-Girl
Sorta answered that question for me.

>those hips

she looks like an action figure

underrated

Yeah you should kill yourself.

>super predator

Hillary Clinton was right!

>>Clearly never read Gwenpool
>>Complains anyway
Fuck off faggot.

Fuck off faggots.

It's so weird how her early appearance was trying to make her Wokepool, a generic, social media-obsessed millennial. Especially compared to her Champions stint.

Hastings really made Gwenpool shine.

Go learn the necessary skills and make one yourself

Do you think people seriously like squirrel girl?

SEXAULITY DOES NOT PROMOTE VIOLANCE OF WOMEN, REPRESSING SEXUALITY INCREASES RAPE THOUGH YOU IGNORANT PRUDISH FUCK

Champions was after Gwenpool started. Waid is just writing awful in Champions

>gets all her clothes blown off so she's half-naked
>proceeds to be half-naked for the entire issue
>gets interrupted mid-speech by Rocket who says that no one cares
Gee, it's almost like the writer was just lampshading the fact that he stripped Gwen down for the sake of cheesecake.

This made me notice a pattern -- the Two Japanese Ladies are the ONLY ones trying to draw Gwen as a cute teen slash YA.

Everyone else goes for woman and kills the youthful cuteness that makes her work visually.

Gwen shouldn't be saying those words though.

I agree. The issue wasn't particularly good and Gwen was out of character for most of it, but the speech in the OP was more mocking that mentallity than saying it in earnest.

>proceeds to be half-naked for the entire issue
What issue is this

Does it really creates violencve against women?
Are there peer reviewed articles and systematic reviews on the subject?

Umm, excuse me, are you seriously mansplaining me right now?

>Why don't you read/buy [Marvel Title]?

Because most of them are unreadable crap.

Poe's law on you, people on facebook legit said to me shit like " you're silencing rape victims" and that "I should try to get out of my confort zone" for saying that "while I agree that there should be more awarenes, the pic in question is showing a different number of actual rape victims than the article it quotes, which in my opinion is not okay" on a pic that said that 1 for every 5 women will be raped.
I mean, I get they get lot of hate, but come on! They werent even reading what I said!
Lesson learned.

The article said that it was roughly 1 in 7 women, by the way.

I don't like Squirrel-Girl or neets.

Gwenpool is much better than squirrel girl, you faggot.

I wasn't initially a fan of her design, but in this particular instance it's just Hasbro doing a shit job with their sculpting and photography. (Seriously, what the fuck is with their con promo shot filters? It always makes the figures looking fucking awful.)

Are you a fan of dada as well?

No. she seems kind of annoying. That preppy always-positive thing comes of as so fake and yet she does it all the time...fucking annoying.

I read like a lot of gwenpool because i was interested in the character. Jokes aside, i only found one enjoyble and that was the one with the fuckin symbiot!

>gigurihu.
English motherfucker, do you speak it?

CW2!? you got bad taste, dude, except if you buy it for the ''deaths''

That user was making a point about buying comics purely for the art. CWII had great art but terrible writing. By that user's standards, you should buy CWII because the art was great even if the writing was shit.

Squirrel Girl was always shit. The ugly recent redesign doesn't change anything.

i regularly read bendis shit for the art. it's very annoying how they keep working with him

Gwenpool Figma when?

>Giruhiru is two middle aged Japanese ladies.

Oh, so that explains why they draw way better than anyone else at Marvel.

She was good in GLA

i don't think she's funny and i hate neets
Get a job you parasites of society

So they found a way to make Squirrel Girl even worse. I didn't think it was possible.

I do though.

Crossover
Rocket Raccon & Groot #8 - #10
This starts at the end of 9 and continues in 10.

This. Squirrel Girl came back because people fucking LOVED her in GLA. Including this board right here. It was only after she was drawn as a fat piece of shit with downs in her ongoing that people started hating her. Turns out people like cute characters more than disgusting freaks for some reason.

How come only Chris Hastings can write a decent Gwenpool? And how did he fuck up so bad in Edge of Venomverse?

>How come only Chris Hastings can write a decent Gwenpool?
he can't, hsi writting is terrible and he doesn't even write jokes in the book, just ''quirky'' dialogue

I fucking hate squirrel girl.

Thanks user

She's also fine in U.S.Avengers. With the titcow they cast as her she might be portrayed as attractive again

Holy shit, this panel and OP panel are the most OOC shit I've ever seen. What the fuck.

For the record, I've only read the Gwenpool ongoing. I didn't know how different she was outside her own book.

The only thing sadder than people having bitchfits over cartoons is people having bitchfits over bitchfits.

I'm pretty sure she meant the connection between the violence she's went through to have her clothes ripped like that, and the sexualization of her being battle-damaged.

Alternatively, it could be a fucking joke, but what do I know?

The only real difference between the two is that Gwenpool has tolerable art and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has bad art.

Just give Squirrel Girl a better solo series with a competent artist and Sup Forums will immediately stop throwing her under the bus as often