New Matt Groening cartoon for Netflix

>The Simpsons and Futurama creator Matt Groening is getting in the Netflix game with his upcoming adult animated comedy fantasy series Disenchantment.

>Netflix has ordered 20 episodes of the series, which will have themes inherent in every mortal life, but told through the lens of some funny supernatural beings.

>Disenchantment will take viewers to the “crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, where they will follow the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Eflo, and her personal demon Luci.” The characters will also encounter other fantasy creatures such as sprites, imps, harpies, trolls and ogres, as well as “walruses and a lots of human fools.”

>cbr.com/matt-groening-disenchantment-netflix/

Third chance for a Life in Hell cartoon that you blew, asshole

Sounds interesting.

it'll be shit

Sounds a little like "I hate Fairyland" to me

Right here and right now, I am claiming the nu-leela main character as my waifu. No one else can have her

Honestly it could go either way. Matt Groening didn't really do much for The Simpsons and Futurama other than creating the initial concept. The genius was in the other writers and voice actors. The success of this show really depends on who's gonna help Groening.

i just hope this isnt a Skadi ripoff or someshit

Sounds pretty fucking cliche and awful

Shrek got a lot of mileage out of Fairytales, but I'd be disappointed if this one didn't tap into the broader vein of Fantasy genres and tropes in the same way that Futurama did for Sci Fi.

It's not as if it would be hard; just use magic portals instead of spaceships and off they go to a Conan or Tolkien pastiche.

>I Hate Fairlyand: TAS

Is Matt Groening even good? Every successful show he's ever made was made great because of other writers. I would like to see if Groening will actually try and contribute more with this show, just to see if he's just a hack who's been coasting on the genius writing of others.

>Is Matt Groening even good?

I'm fond of Life in Hell

So, at best, it'll be good for a season or two, and then continue on for another few seasons despite having gone to shit like any other Groening show.

More likely it'll just be shit from episode one. Why bother giving this hack any money? I'm sure he doesn't come cheap and you could take that same money and give it to one or more smaller names who aren't creatively bankrupt yet. But I guess Groening's name is a draw and that gets more subs than a better show than "literally who." And Sup Forums asks why adult animation is a wasteland.

life in hell has always been funny

Maximus Julius Pauson (character designer on Rick and Morty Seasons 2-3 and Future-Worm!) is working on it, so that's cool

Might've wanted to post a funny comic to prove your point, though.

Kind of amazed he finally gave up on Futurama. Dude just would not stop trying to keep that thing running. Even long, long, long...long after it was still good.

Fuck off, Boco.

It will also have Billy West and John DiMaggio.

As much as I appreciate dark humor, this is just depressing.

Good luck in real life then, user.

I guess I can go for another season of Ugly Americans.

Sounds fun. Good for him and us. Yes. Yes.

Yes.

It's telling how stupid you are that you think that NU Simpsons is his thing,when he ever was involved on the good seasons and most things that he has written are solid.

>Groening is responsible for the good seasons of The Simpsons

Even as bait that's a bit much, user

>Hey guys, let's make a cartoon. I'll be the ideas guy. :)

>and most things that he has written are solid.

He mostly wrote for the touchy-feely first two seasons. Before it was good.

Futrama is an iphone game now

I wanna fuck Luci

is i hate fairyland good?
im interested in checking it out

i mean it's kind of fun at least

i don't know, just read a chapter or two and see what you think, user
won't take long

Thanks. It's a shitty life so far.

DUDE, WHAT IF SUPERNATURAL CREATURES HAD MUNDANE LIVES LIKE US
DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! THATS SUPER ORIGINAL AND HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

I mean, in all seriousness: really? Really?

come the fuck on groening, you're better than this, leave that shit for Shat macfaggotlane