The future of the MCU

How does Disney expect to surpass or even top the levels of hype of IW? They are aware that after IW they are pretty much done right? Normies won't give a fuck about future movies when their favourite characters like Thor, Hulk and Iron Man are gone. What do they think, that Spiderman will hold up the MCU for the next decade? Personally i'll be done with the MCU after Spiderman Homecoming 5

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O9pBQrpAb_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Honestly I hope the MCU dies after IW. I'm really tired of movie discussion being dominated by these films

Easy. None of those characters will be gone.

>How does Disney expect to surpass or even top the levels of hype of IW?

They don't. Their plan is to scale down to mostly self-contained, grounded stories with occasional crossovers, probably building up to new story arcs.

Same. Or at least a few years rest so they can get some cohesive shit together.

Kree/Skrull War, Ultron Unlimited, Secret Wars, Secret War/Dark Reign/Siege, Contest of Champions, World War Hulk, Annihilation, are you really asking how a company that has had multiple massively selling crossovers every single year is going to continue these stories?

Not to mention that they literally have barely tapped into the huge amount of stories that the Avengers alone have had in their book over 50 fucking years, and that Infinity Gauntlet itself has had countless sequels. I would not be surprised in the slightest if we get a Thanos solo movie in a few years.

And what possibly lead you to believe Thor, Hulk and Iron Man are going to be gone? Did you not notice that they intentionally stopped numbering these movies? Trilogies don't exist anymore. Just like the comics status quo will remain god so that they can continue selling you these characters again and again and again until we're both dead.

They could have used Dr. Strange's logo for the "O" in "Thanos" and used a side-ways Hulk fist for the "E" in "Alone".

Everything I want is that they give some variety, stop making everything so light hearted and full of quips, some characters are funny while others are darker, honestly homecoming made me lose almost all interest for MCU, I will watch IW but I got zero interest on Black Panther , Captain Marvel and Wasp.

DCEU got a lot of problems like shitty CGI but wonder woman was fun with a great story plus it was different from man of steel and soon Batman will be different from both, if MCU could do that I would keep watching all their movies to get something new.

It's a fan work anyway. It's not going to have a high level of professionalism.

Won't the public get tired of so many superhero movies tho? The way I see it, capeshit it's just a fad that will die in a few years, just like westerns and gangster movies.

>What do they think, that Spiderman will hold up the MCU for the next decade?
Cant even hold up the boxoffice for two weeks, buttfucked by aN army of apes...LMAO

Wonder woman just made more money than any other origin movie of DCEU and MCU so it looks like capeshit is getting stronger than ever

Over reliance on being the biggest threat is stupid. Smaller scale stuff is better.

I hope we see a New Avenger team fuck up post Infinity War. Like fighting a super villain team (maybe some Iron Man leftovers rogues). Then they expand the team to a bunch of new characters and some of the TV people.

Shame, these terrible movies need to go.

>some of the TV people.
Those fuckers are non canon
As long as its a woman

Say it with me boys: Alternate Universe movies

I know what you mean, but some fan art/stuff is really high quality. Anyway, not shitting on it, it was just one of those things you notice.

I think a Spider-verse movie would get a lot of publicity even if the comic wasn't that great

>Homecoming is a very low key movie
>Peter isn't even fighting Vulture to save the city
>it ends up being one of the best MCU movies
Why do they need to surpass anything? Why do you think normies will suddenly stop giving a fuck about any of these characters?

James Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc have been going strong for literal decades. Maybe the superhero bubble will burst. But I doubt these mainline characters like Cap or Iron Man are going anywhere.

Easy, The Mouse goes to FOX with a shotgun to demand Galactus' movie rights

Will it have tobey?

You'll know MCU is on its last breath when they do a Kang event that uses time travel shenanigans to bring back every old MCU hero for one last hurrah

According to Feige they're barely halfway through. Perhaps they'll get the rights to Galactus as the final villain.
I would certainly like smaller movies with Spider-Man, One or two GotG movies. But there's a problem of older characters and I'm afraid MCU may be too big to simply end as planned.

Am I the only one not hyped for Infinity War? I hate the team up movies. I'm more looking forward to Ragnarok and Ant-Man.

Of course it's gonna have Tobey
We got to get every Spiderman who has on screen
Hopefully that includes Italian Spiderman
Web Warriors too
And he'll get the original 616 Peter Parker

>implying the MCU dying hasn't already started

Reminder that Spider-Boy: Homeflopping still exists. Every movie from now on until IW is going flop. IW will be the last hoo-rah before Marvel and most of it's on screen heroes (besides Ironman, spider-Boy, Hulk, Cap and maybe Thor) shribbles up into obscurity yet again.

They will try and keep it going in Captain Marvel but by that time people would have moved on.

Too bad about your shit taste

Except they can't use Kang.

Also while we're on the topic of Kang

>Can't use X-Men or Fantastic Four in MCU, so they don't include them in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
>Can't use Kang either, yet is primary villain in said game

Stop being butthurt Marvel

I'm only watching it to see if Red Skull makes a last minute backstab play for the Gauntlet, if he doesn't I won't bother with part 2

>hyped for Iron Man 6: Tony Stark Saves the Universe
>tells other people they have shit taste

wew

All three captain murica movies are better,Iron Man 1 was better, Guardians 1 and 2 were better,Avengers 1 was better,Ant man,Dr strange was better.
It was one of the worsts to be honest

This.

Will this continue until the first movie hit by the law of diminishing returns? Will Ant-Man 7 be the last MCU movie? Feige is aimining at 2028 but if MCU manages to do allright until then I can't imagine that they're simply gonna stop.

>Reminder that Spider-Boy: Homeflopping still exists. Every movie from now on until IW is going flop
Spiderman had 3 different versions in 15 years, that was a fucking abuse that would clearly cause fatigue.

They'll probably scale back a little, but they won't outright stop. At some point though they're going to have to reboot or something. I don't know what they're going to do when RDJ finally decides to retire, he's their only guarantee at a billion dollar box office. Everything else they make is about average or slightly above.

>Won't the public get tired of so many superhero movies tho?
Capeshit is now dominating TV and video games on top of film. Don't hold your breath. The capeshit output has been going steady for the past 20 years.

I strongly disagree on First Avenger, Antman and Guardians 2 being better.

I'll be done when I see where they're going with Spider-Man

DON'T YOU WORRY
THEY GOT STORIES FOR YEARS

Well without the F4 rights, they dont really have a lot of options for next overarching villain. Masters of Evil maybe

Capeshit is the new zombies. when did zombies craze really start to dominate, 28 Days Later? that was 2002 and they had years of pre running, Romero started that shit in the 60s. Capeshit will last just as long, we had the pre craze stuff like Blade and Spawn, the went off to the races because of Nolan and Raimi.

>60s Spider-man done Rodger Rabbit style.

I'd be willing to say it had one of the best villains at least.

>Implying that's hard when fucking """Zemo""" was hailed as MCU's best villain last year.

Best villain, worst film.

Can you cast a real actor for 616 Peter but only have an animated 60's Peter?

I think thats because he was less mustache twirling crazy than most of them have been. It's not that he was good as a villain, it's that he wasnt a cartoon character, and people couldnt articulate it other than to say he was a great villain.

This.
We might stop getting films for minor heros but no way the big guys are going away.

Which are both team up movies.

>>it ends up being one of the best MCU movies

Even most MCU fans disagree after the honeymoon phase, and Spider-fags are split down the middle about it.

>It was one of the worsts to be honest
Stank memes

TWO WORDS OP

SECRET WARS. Already laying the foundation with the skrulls being introduced

Which Secret Wars had skrulls? Do you mean Secret Invasion?

Yes correct my mistype

I don't think Secret Invasion would that good of movie storyline
At best we'll get Captain Marvel: Secret Invasion

I've kinda been done with superhero movies after BvS. GOTG, spiderman & DC's captain marvel are the only ones i care about going forward.

i was hyped for justice league dark but i heard del toro was off the movie.

Fox

>Carol
>Fem Thor
>Falcap
>Riri

>Implying the MCU won't get better.

spiderfags are never happy with anything that's nothing new...

>even if slott's reign of terror does end they'll be people whining about the next guy just like how we had people here miss johns when he left GL despite the better part of those people wanting him off the book

>SM2 is a sacred cow despite every sandbox spidey game it's using it's formula and there were better games since

>we already have people whining about the new cartoon due to PTSD from USM

it's dead in the water, they know it. They'll do three more movies after but no more avengers. Iron man will be done

Even as a joke I'm not sure I can give you Carol.

Maybe stop discussing them?

Those are team up movies user.

I like how Fox did the timeline with everything being connected by the ending of Dofp but in a different world.

Well, for all we know, after the Nova movie, we could get an Annihilation movie, probably because of how Skrulls are back, FOX could lend Disney Annihilus, considering how they've never really used him at all. This could also mean a return for Ultron, which would cause normies to rejoice.

You're just being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean.

I disagree Captain Marvel movie will deal with Skrulls but then lead into all this time some of the current avengers are skrulls.

Whatever they do it's gonna make more money and be more successful in every way compared to the failed Dcue, so I would say the future of capekino is in good hands as it was for the past 10 years.

>ww
>good
>at anything

Marvel Studios will be dead and gone before he has a movie

what hype

You don't have to like it user but you can fight reality. There's a very real chance it will be the biggest Origin movie ever. Spider-Man managed 403mil

>DCEU got a lot of problems like shitty CGI
>Shitty CGI

I really don't know why we pretend this is just a DC problem

youtube.com/watch?v=O9pBQrpAb_E

>James Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc have been going strong for literal decades.

Star Wars had massive beaks between films. We have to wait and see if Disney will run it into the ground. Star Trek has been failing for years

>Am I the only one not hyped for Infinity War?

No to be honest. The Avengers movies are probably the worst MCU movies and Thanos is just not a threat when I know Spider-Man will be stopping bank robbers a few months later in his second film.

And now imagine all that without Thor, Cap and Iron Man

He probably thinks they can just recast

don't forget the shitty CGI in Civil War

Skulls were never away
Fox and Marvel both own the skulls and watchers. Fox just has the super skulls exclusively.

The fact that Spider-Man is even fighting against Thanos is a joke. The cast of heroes they have to take on Thanos is pathetic, the only heavy hitters are Thor, Hulk, Vision, Wanda and Dr Strange. Vision is getting killed early for his gem and Wanda is probably just going to be a tortured soul slitting her wrists in the bathtub all movie and Thor and Hulk probably won't even come in until the very end or even second movie.

The implication that Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther and Hawkeye can do anything against an Infinity Gauntlet wielding Thanos is laughable. He's going to job harder than he ever has in comics.

You're right, underpowered characters like Captain America should never fight a big villain like Thanos! That's just stupid!

Fucking retard.

>The market for Superhero movies is cooling
>They'll stop or even slow making them soon.

The top 10 movies of 2016 were either Superhero, Animated or Disney, and a lot of them were two of the above.

Even Doctor Strange made the top 10 domestic gross list.

We are a long way from seeing the end of Superhero movies. Outside of a few rare franchises like Furious and Star Wars and Harry Potter, they are the only reliable jackpot in Hollywood.

You should probably post a better image then fuckhead.

Everyone else is extremely familiar with that issue and page, Sup Forums.

Infinity War Part II?

I feel like Steve getting casually backhanded to oblivion just won't carry as much impact after he's been so thoroughly assassinated as a character.

Yes, because it's the only page you've read from that story.

The gross increases steadily until you get to Doctor Strange and Suicide Squad at is BAM 95mil+ jump. How did that happen?

Here. (You)
Now go to bed.

Force Awakens would be #1 but it's only counting 2016 receipts, it was the highest grossing film that opened in 2016.
Disney owns #1-4 that year.
Those were the big family draw films that year.

The fact that the MCU was "This isn't magic, it's just complicated Science!" and "I'm pretty sure God doesn't dress like that." pre-Strange,

Then went into Black Magic wielding good-guys, well it might have had an effect on the Lifetime Network movie-going crowd.

Because SS is a bad movie. Apacolypse made 3 times its budget but bombed according to Fox and it bombed because It sucks.

Fuck you too, I guess?

>Because SS is a bad movie

Are you retarded? He was asking why SS did 95 million more and why there was such a huge jump

I have the recurring dream of me seeing a Nova movie, it's mostly Rocketeer with an higher budget and with less light

> "This isn't magic, it's just complicated Science!"

They said multiple times in-movie that it was a mix.

>well it might have had an effect on the Lifetime Network movie-going crowd

??????

Eat a dick

>They said multiple times in-movie that it was a mix.

Maybe the did in Doctor Strange but Magic was already established to be advanced science in the Thor films.