Adventure Time

What do you think Betty will do with Normal Man? Will she be redeemed?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/adventuretime/comments/5f09im/how_simon_will_be_saved_and_how_the_crown_plays/
twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/888654004065943552
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't even have a slight idea about what the fuck is going on with this series anymore. Isn't this supposed to be the last season?

nah, she traveled to ooo and amends with anyone

I have absolutely no idea. Even if I did, it'd probably be wrong.

If they don't cure Simon, the ending will be worse than samurai jack

I don't want them to cure Simon. That'd render his character arc as the Ice King meaningless. Although I don't know how else they can wrap up their story satisfyingly.

They wrapped up Patience in one episode

They wrapped up Grass Finn's arc

And recently in Whispers they pretty much confirmed that SweetPea has the Lich under control and he won't be coming back.

Just get this shit over with already so I can move on with my life.

See, that's the fun of it all. Absolutely nobody has a clue where these final ~16 episodes'll take us, and the sudden inclusion of Uncle Gumbald just makes the whole thing that much more confusing!

>Implying there isnt a infinite amount of Liches in the multiverse than appeared thanks to the hand and will want to kill Finn and take Sweet P with them

Patience was more or less a plot device, but I'm cool with that. Don't care that we won't see her again, she's served her purpose.

The grass curse is still alive. Whether Fern is remains to be seen.

Doubt the Lich is finished just yet.

>Uncle Gumbald
Who?

I wanna believe that the Lich will come back. He's the only real villain in this show. But after Whispers I highly doubt it. It pretty much showed the audience that Sweet Pea was keeping under control so he won't come out again. really underwhelming

>Susan Strong: when showing F&J the stumps they have to clear out, PB briefly mentions that her Great Uncle Gumbald cut down all those taffy trees in a single night (pretty questionable in retrospect)

>FIVE SEASONS LATER in Hot Diggity Doom: PB introduces PepBut to her Great Uncle Gumbald's old cabin that he built with his bare hands. She says that she spent her summers there when she was younger as she wistfully stares off for a second (clearly implying something)

>The Thin Yellow Line (pic related): during a sequence in which Banana Guard #16 tells Finn all the Banana Guard rumors and secrets regarding PB, he states that 'when the first Candy People rose against her, she transformed them into hideous monsters (pic related)'

Curing Simon will be just as stupid as Jack going back to the past in the last five minutes of the final episode

hasn't that fat green dude been in more episodes of the show? I thought for sure that he was one of the passengers in Mystery Train

Do people actually like Betty being is the show? It really pissed me off because it was yet another example of Adventure Time abandoning nuance and finality.

Not everything needs a neat happy ending. Adventure Time is at its best when it is surface level silly with underlying dark themes

Shut it, user. Nothing could ever live up to the disappointment that was Episode CI. Curing Ice King would be pretty sweet, actually. I'm just worried about what that future dystopia in "Graybles 1000+" was implying with the Ice Thing.

However, I'm still secretly hoping that at least one character from the main cast doesn't survive the end of the series. I wouldn't put it past AT to manage pulling off something like that.

Wasn't he in that lemonhope episode?

I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but they've made it work imo. You Forgot Your Floaties was an amazing episode, and Elements did a good job at making her an interesting character.

Curing Ice King would undermine the tragedy of his character. If he was cured he would be boring as hell. They intentionally Gary-Sued Simon so that his downfall would be that much more emotional. It would be like if Zuko's scar healed at the end of Avatar.

Hopefully she won't molest little girls anymore

She has a different VA now - Felicia Day.

I got the impression she was just gender bent magic man in Elements. I did like her in You Forgot Your Floaties, but I wish she stayed dead since her death was part of what made Ice King sympathetic.

Fucking shit, I don't think the writers actually know what they're doing.

>when the first Candy People rose against her, she transformed them into hideous monsters

Why not just kill them?

You have to admit it's unusual to namedrop a character who hasn't been mentioned in 5 seasons, and then continue to mention him periodically, including an actual image of the guy. They probably wanted to bring him into the fold for a while now.

>finality
FATALITY

Your image is fucked but, yeah, Fern dying was a good example of why finality makes a show interesting. It's hard to have any emotion toward Betty or Simon when it seems pretty obvious they're gonna get a happily ever after ending

>I got the impression she was just gender bent magic man in Elements.
Magic affects Betty differently than MM though. It just made him a jerk, but Betty seems to have retained more of her humanity, although that could be because she hasn't been subjected to magic for as long as MM was. In any case, she didn't have much of a personality before, so it's still an improvement.

>I wish she stayed dead since her death was part of what made Ice King sympathetic.
Ice King has forgotten about her existence, so it doesn't make a difference to him. For me, it depends on how they decide to wrap it up. Hopefully they can strike the right balance and give IK the bittersweet ending his character deserves.

She abandoned Finn to die after he risked his life to help her, not much humanity there

Shit.

>finality
FATALITY

I wonder what the opening scene in "Take Her Back" was hinting at

To be fair, she was on the fence about it and had to reassure herself.

I said 'more of.' Magic man would go out of his way to ruin peoples' lives.

>I wonder what the opening scene in "Take Her Back" was hinting at
It was a wish-fulfilment dream.

A lot of people are theorizing that Phlannel Boxingday was Princess Bubblegum in disguise.

That's about it as far as he's concerned.

Y'all think there's still time to give closure to this fucker?

Magic man comes in for about five seconds and destroys him/seals him in a thing

He's just chilling as Gunther.

wait so how do we know how many episodes there are left?

There's a confirmed 142 half-hours or 284 episodes left, which includes the two shorts. Do the math, and it comes out as 16 episodes to go.

I meant total sorry.

Shiiit.

I don't think we know anything about this final season aside from "Marcy & Hunson", the state of Ooo in the future seen in "Graybles 1000+", whatever Uncle Gumbald's appearance was foreshadowing, and Tom Herpich's excitement at his final episode(s) with Wolfhard:

>starting with Preboot and Reboot, everything starts rolling into one big snowball that rolls and rolls all the way to the end, which is what we’re all working on right now. Steve and I are wrapping up our final board EVER, and it’s great- one of my favorites. It feels like we got to put everything we’ve learned up to now into it. A real nice note to end on.

I'm scared, guys.

Itunes has this description for the final volume.

Season 9 is gonna be the most linear AT has ever been! I'm fuckin' ready to see how they pull this off

I know AT hasn't gotten SDCC panels in, like, two years now, but have there at least been exclusive posters/signing sessions? The last one I remember was the Stakes poster.

I'm worried to see how CN will fail to promote the end of one of their most successful series to date.

In Whispers I got the impression that SweetPea wasn't really in control, just that our world's Lich didn't want to work with the farm world one.

>more FP rap
Fucking hell. Her voice actress is cringe-inducingly bad at rap.

A lot of people are saying that Simon being cured would ruin it, but I think Simon being "cured" will play a major part in the finale.

I think Ice King will sacrifice himself in the end to stop whatever the end game is (Finn's Dad and the Comets?). He's dying, Marceline crys, he turns back into Simon one last time and says goodbye to her. Then he dies.

>Betty completely loses herself to the magic
>Simon is cured.

Look back to the Lich's gold star speech
>It was just him and Orgalorg
>Orgalorg is basically done till another comet comes by in a 1000 years
>The Lich is the last one
>The last scholar of GOLB before he erased the realm of monsters

I think Ice King being Simon again would kind of ruin the whole message it seemed like they were going for at the end of elements, that Ice King deserves respect because he's his own person and not just because he used to be Simon.

When he got cured for awhile simon wanted to die then become ice king again so it'd be weird to just end the show with simon still as ice king. There's also the future where they showed that ice creature that's wearing the crown so either ice king gets worse or someone else gets the crown.

I always assumed that it was another creature that got the crown but I could be wrong

I assume the story won't end with simon becoming worse to the point he's practically an animal. So either bad end simon or someone/something else gets the crown in the end.

This guy wrote a pretty compelling theory on how the ice creature is the crown.
reddit.com/r/adventuretime/comments/5f09im/how_simon_will_be_saved_and_how_the_crown_plays/

By airing a TTGo marathon with the last episodes in the middle of it.

I think it's cute.

anyone got megas of the latest episodes?

>a rap episode with NINE SONGS

J U S T

Also we're getting something extra after the series ends

twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/888654004065943552

How reliable is that source though?

Don't know, but Olivia Olson posted this on her Instagram weeks ago.

I forgot to post this, but the series finale was recorded in January. I don't know who's working on this standalone episode because the AT crew moved on to Summer Camp Island, and Pen is working on something at Frederator.

This was also posted on Olivia's Instagram

lol, Olivia is so loose with this sort of stuff. It reminds me of the whole bubbline debacle a few years back.

Anyway, I have no idea what this could be. Very peculiar. It's hard to believe CN would do anything with the series after they just stopped renewing it.

Please, her rapping is straight fire

>She gets called to Mars
>Normal King Of Mars sits on Throne holding the Death Stick that seperates your atoms into the infinite Cosmos never to be reassembled again.
>A slight welcoming grin and a jovial attitude regarding the harsh reality of the situation Betty had currently put herself in.
>"You really donked things up."

If nothing more is done with Betty, it is considered off screen kill; however this is Adventure Time and loose ends aren't usually the norm, so there will be a trial episode of Betty and Normal King of Mars that results in Normal King of Mars technically being guilty for Betty's actions in the Elements arc because it was his magic inside of her. Thus Normal King of Mars will probably do something like "I'll take back the magic and send you back to Earth." with a sudden last minute twist of Golb attacking Mars and Betty gets knocked away to another planet, and NKOM becoming one with the Normie Force to save Mars and repelling Golb, and become like Abraham Lincoln preceded him as King of Mars, and being turned a statue on top of Olympus Mons. Also in Adventure Time spirit of "Bitter ending, sacrifice meant nothing." Golb is only moderately annoyed by Normal King of Mars' Normie attack, but can't attack Mars anymore due to NKOM's barrier, so Golb then sets sights on the next closet planet Ooo.

Now that I thought about it, I guess that is Simon's true form now.

Hideous monster, Gumbald is a neckbeard, okay that works.

Orgalorg is a chump who can't handle gravity. He's a monster tissue paper from the time before time. If Orgalorg was standard for that writhing mass then they were all lame.

CARLOS

It could be The Lich playing the long con. Sweet P could already be fully possessed by The Lich.

Fern is dead so that means you idiots can stop with all these GRASSED memes hahahahha
hes dead!
DEAD!
HE WONT BE STEALING ANY WAIFUS FROM FINN ANY TIME SOON HAHAHAHAHA

So do you think Finn will end up with HW, Canyon, or no one or worst girl Flame Princess?

HW or no one.
Do people seriously think Canyon has a chance?

HW or Canyon

Or Doctor Princess, because "like father, like son."

It's been confirmed that she will show up in the series finale. She probably has a chance. Probably.

She never had a chance.

They already gave closure to him

Minerva

Quiet Fern, we know its you. Go stain some white pants or something.

>making love with an AI of your dead mother

Incest is wincest.

>Will she be redeemed?

No

Moment of clarity, needs ice powers to save someone, heroic sacrifice as he dons the crown once again?

Samurai Jack ending gets too much hate from people who are not willing to look into its themes.

Orgalorg is the perfect example of somebody whose bark is MUCH worse than his actual bite. His entire purpose in the story was to be a red herring to the actual point of S6 finale.
However, maybe there'll be some final united battle against Lich and they'll just go batshit insane and cameo a ton of old characters including Gunther turning into Orgalorg for some odd reason.

they could.... just make betty stay crazy and make her stay whit the ice king? i dont know

everything with orgalorg was even more stupid than breezy.

>His entire purpose in the story was to be a red herring to the actual point of S6 finale.
The comet stuff? Because that was pretty stupid too.
A stupid red herring for a stupid main course, wonderful.

>ice king and bmo become salesman
i never knew i needed this

Does this look like the face of a bad person?

Who is patience?

It's the face of someone who could fuck the entire timeline (and maybe the multiverse)

the ice lady

When do new episodes come out?

Also learning English from Spain is that question correct?

No, that's wrong.

>When do new episodes come out?

October or November.

Should've been when are new episodes coming out?

Grathias