Do you think that Nightwing's movie will actually happen?

It seems that despite having a director and writer attached to it, and it being announced before most of DC's other upcoming movies, it isn't going to be part of their movie slate over the next handful of years which includes movies like Batgirl and Flashpoint. I don't think his movie will happen looking at it.

Hopefully not

The character is garbage and has no good stories as Nightwing

Maybe if they put the movie on hold for long enough they will wise up and turn it into a psychedelic spy action thriller like the Grayson series.

THE DIRECTOR UNFLOWED EVERYONE FROM THE DCEU SO NO

this
the first good Dick Grayson story was after he "died" and even that is just mehh

batman and robin

>ignoring all of Dixons work
Wow user

>Damian story
>good
ok newfag

Dixon's Robin was 300% better than his Nightwing

Honestly Nightwing Rebirth has been pretty good mostly because it heavily involves Dicks time as a spy in Grayson and his time as Batman in Morrisons run. So yeah you're sort of right.

Did he really do that?

Jasonfags please.

If Batgirl's going to happen, Nightwing most likely will as well.

>If Batgirl's going to happen, Nightwing most likely will as well.
Batgirl has Wheadon attached to it. They would be more likely to jus put Nightwing in the Batgirl movie to be her supporting character.

Whedon isn't exactly a director who brings butts in seats. He just directed some couple Avengers flicks.

I just wonder if the film would be good. I don't really enjoy Wheadon

The guy that directed the first two avengers movies and was brought in to finish JL. He now wants to work on Batgirl. He probably has quite a bit of pull and is one of the key people working in the DCEU. The Nightwing director used to work on Robot Chicken and has only ever directed LEGO Batman. Big difference in who is handling which characters.

It will happen. Nightwing is at least 3000% more popular than Caol Danvers and she will have a movie, why can't he?

Well they want Carol to be their marquee female hero like how WW is for DC. Won't happen but they will keep trying to do that.

I bet they will just turn the Nightwing movie into a Titans movie, especially if the Titans show does well. Any Nightwing movie they make will just come across as a less interesting Batman movie, right?

>Any Nightwing movie they make will just come across as a less interesting Batman movie, right?
Nah, Dick actually quips and has a different approach to dealing with enemies. He might be trained by the Bat, but he isn't him

>Nah, Dick actually quips and has a different approach to dealing with enemies. He might be trained by the Bat, but he isn't him

>He thinks this will matter in the Snyder-verse

Dixon Nightwing is the most milquetoast writing in existence and McDaniels art was fucking disgusting, especially with the coloring that was used

Good point. I forgot about that important detail. Well, I guess we're getting batman-lite then.

i can't believe the batgirl movie will happen. sounds like shit. just stick her in a birds of prey movie. there's nothing so great about batgirl that you can have her without batman.

nightwing you can have him independent and he would still work. but even then flashbacks to batman/robin seem necessary.
then again he'd work in a teen titans movie or show better.

So a less interesting Spider-man movie then? Spider-man is the guy known for quips while fighting.

Yes. And I seriously don't doubt it will have Jason Todd as the villain.

Nightwing has no direction other than "I don't want to be Batman". He just fights crime because it's all he knows. That's teammate material, not showrunner material. Some characters are only good on a team or as an assist. This guy's one of them.

I honestly don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to do a Nightwing movie in the first place. Like seriously, most people reaction to the announcement of his movie was like ".....why?".

Todd will be used for the Batman movie probably. So they can use the Joker in it. They aren't going to use the Joker in a Nightwing movie.

This so much. Nightwing is pretty boring on his own and serve better when he's part of a cast.

If Todd is the villain for it I bet it will be another Loki and Thor situation. Red Hood will be a lot more popular and overshadow Nightwing in his own movie.

I dig Nightwing. Mainly for the potential he has, rather than the actual quality of his comics. But he shouldn't have a movie. The best Nightwing stories are basically Daredevil with sight.

I mean, replace Kingpin with Blockbuster and Elektra with Tarantula or Huntress and you're basically set. Ask Affleck how that worked as a movie.

>>Dixon Nightwing is the most milquetoast writing in existence
I swear I've seen this exact post at least 15 times in the last year

Why are you so anti-Dick, user? You're not fooling anyone.

Which is what made the Grayson series so great. All his angst about Batman was cast aside and he wasn't trying to be Batman. He was just thrown into a situation where he was challenged as a solo character.

>Red Hood will be a lot more popular and overshadow Nightwing in his own movie
The funny thing is that I can seriously this happen and it would be hilarious to see how butthurt Dick fans are going to be about it

Tho, I don't think they are going to waste Red Hood in Nightwing movie since his return is more connected to Batman.

It's probably Johns idea and I think the lukewarm reaction from fans made WB less sure about it.

I have no doubt that Red Hood will overshadow Nightwing if he show up in his movie.

I think there will definitely be an appearance of nightwing in the dceu but the movie is probably 50/50. Introducing him would be smart because it gives them a way of continuing using batman if ben affleck decides he doesn't want to play the character anymore.

It should come after Batgirl.

Batgirl's origin is Barbara Gordon but with a mix of Kathy Kane in which she is starts off on her own, dad teaching her how to fight, and she meets Dick Grayson when she realizes she needs some acrobatics to fight these Gotham thugs. They hit it off and after going on dates, spending the night at each other's apartments she finds out Dick's secret, he's actually Robin. She reveals herself as the self-named "Batgirl" and Dick decides to introduce her to Bruce Wayne, and good crime fighting times ensue.

Argument happens between Bats and Barb, Dick stuck between them because he respects Bruce a ton but also really likes Barb, she is hurt and she runs off to blow off steam by fighting thugs. She runs into Joker's gang, she beats some of them, gets captured. Dick Grayson gets a letter and contacts Bruce, panicked that Joker has his girl.

This is where we add some Killing Joke spice, maybe not the alleged raping of Barb but she gets beat to a pulp by Joker and Harley. Batman helps Robin locate where Joker is hiding and they both fight thugs, Harley Quinn in the mix to distract/Taunt Robin, he falls for it and goes chasing after her. Gets trapped as well and Batman is forced to choose to save one from "irreversible injuries". Batman, while he sees Batgirl as a friend can't help but turn his back on his adopted son, Dick Grayson, he chooses to save him. Batgirl is crippled, maybe by gun shot wound since Joker loves totting guns.

This is what begins the drift between Dick and Bruce, along with hating that Batman never avenged Barbara, being the great Batman and all. Movie ends with him being with Barbara, tending to her, she suggests he fights crime under a new name.

Then comes the Nightwing movie, set after "The Batman", Barbara is now Oracle and helps Nightwing with missions. If Joker isn't used in "The Batman", then it can be about looking for him, they can throw in Professor Pyg and Poison Ivy in the mix.

Would the normies accept Batman who isn't Bruce Wayne? I don't think even WB think that which is why they are doing Flashpoint movie.

There’s no way they are going to cripple Barbara. They will get attacked by the media if they done that.

Batgirl has more chance in getting a movie than Nightwing simple because she is female (and not Batman lite like Nightwing is) and I think it's a good decision to be honest.

Gotham Knights movie can then happen where Damien Wayne is left with Bruce, he can be about 14 or so since he acts like a prick but is smart as fuck.

Nightwing and Batman are now in speaking terms after realizing that family was important, healing time after Jason Todd's death and all.

Gotham Knight's main villain can be Red Hood, and it can take the UtRH storyline, except when Jason Todd activates the bomb to kill Batman, Joker, and himself, Batman gets Joker off of him and jumps to grab Jason and throw him out the window, bomb goes off and Batman's body is found in rubble, Joker's isn't. Since there are rumors of Ben Affleck being too old by the time another JLeague movie is made, this is his "graceful out", and after heartbreak, Dick Grayson takes over the Batman mantle with Damien as his Robin (with convincing and of course Gotham needing a Batman)

I love the Battle for The Cowl storyline, but I don't see Tim Drake in this storyline, and this would be a way to have Batman leave so we can have Dick just decide to take over, after being convinced.

Only way Batgirl would work is if they use the super fun, teenage Barbara from the comics. Which would make sense because it's new and fans will know what she is. If it's a more mature young adult Barbara, she'd just be female Batman.

And I think they could find a way to make Nightwing not like Batman, he likes having fun and all that.

Introducing Damian into the DCEU will be an awful idea.

His story and background will be a laughingstock considering how unrealistic his character is. Not to mention that casuals freaking hate him and I doubt that GA will accept him either.

Mature Barbara is nothing like Batman and she is less connected to him than Nightwing.

And more fun Nightwing is still Batmam lite. They are going to have to work very hard to make him interesting and appealing to the audience.

>his story and background will be a laughingstock considering how unrealistic his character is

ok

>a boy who was raised by assassins
>happens to be Batman's dad
>all those elite genes passed down
>is a prodigy

>a super being from another planet
>a super old Amazonian who's actually the daughter of the God of Thunder
>a guy who was struck by lightning/a force of energy and can now run at the speed of light
>a half man half machine who's machine parts are infused with alien tech

Hmm.....

I get what you're saying, but I THINK...I THINK people would know that this is a comic book movie?

Kate Kane is the female Batman. Barbara isn't much like him.

Casuals know that Damian is a comic character and they still couldn't take him seriously. You think the GA will?

I guess
I'm not that big a fan of Damien, he can be overbearing at times, but his character development with Dick Grayson was great.

I'm comic reader and I have a hard time taking Damian seriously so I completely doubt that normies will accept him.

>The best Nightwing stories are basically Daredevil with sight.

And Batman is the one that has the all the actual potential for this. Nightwing is just garbage that exists to milk more neckbeards for batbucks since they need a million different robins for the brand while batman never actually ages

>Why are you so anti-Dick, user?

I like dick. But not that dick.

So you're a faggot?