As Told By Ginger

Pretty good show
What were some of the best/ your favorite messages/lesseons?

In retrospect everyone looked fucking ugly as shit in this show especially the best friend of the little brother.

Pretty good show if I remember, however. I liked that one episode where the little brother (Carl?) met that cool old lady and fell in love with her and I think she died.

Even is a person is kind, nice, helps you and has your best interests you don't have to be friends with them.

And on the other spectrum, if someone is a terrible sack of shit you can still be friends with them.

Fuck Dodie.

If you invite a lesbian into your home, you have every rite to be upset with them when they do chores you didn't want to do.

The reminder that someone revealing that your best friends are colluding with your school rivals to break you up from your now hot boyfriend doesn't mean they deserve a friendship upgrade, nor should you resent your best friends

That you can make a show where the characters donĀ“t use the same clothing every episode.

Rich people deserve to suffer no matter what their personality is like.

What horrible fucking ideas.

Makes sense Ginger continues her friendship with Dodie while she cuts Courtney out of her life and seemingly doesn't want to have relations with her during season 3.

You can have a cop-out ending that ignores a whole character-arc and no one bats an eyelid.

This show could've been AWESOME if the art was on par with the writing.

I thought it was kind of lame how Courtney and Miranda just dropped off the planet for the third season, but I guess they needed room for Ginger's boy problems.

Ginger really did seem to avoid Courtney after Mommie Nearest.

Well Miranda was attached to Courtney and Nick didn't want to confuse kids by having a lesbian in the side cast.

> Nick didn't want to offend Christian soccer moms by having a lesbian in the cast.

Fixed it for you.

Which is a shame since that episode showed that Courtney would have been a perfect wife for Ginger or whatever girl she married.

Klasky Csupo always had horrifying looking characters and the single time it was remotely justified was real monsters.

Can't hate them too much for it though, they really helped define the late 90s and early 00s for a lot of kids.

AGU wasn't that bad.

Seriously what the fuck happened

It's not like her VA died or anything

Also fuck Darren. Gotta be one of the biggest slides from a chill character to a fucking bastard

Nickelodeon blinked hard.

Darren was an asshole and was a much a possessive Douche as the rest of Gingers "friends"

I really felt bad for Ginger in the finale with no Courtney around in friendship or otherwise.

That one was fucked up.

>Pretty good show if I remember, however. I liked that one episode where the little brother (Carl?) met that cool old lady and fell in love with her and I think she died.
She was his teacher whom he feuded with like a weird little fuck. She retired and he managed to convince her to return by revealing he actually really appreciate her.

Then the voice actress for the teacher died so they made a short extra scene where the death of the teacher is announced, changing the meaning of the story-line from a sitcom odd-couple thing to the grief and regret that comes from understanding your own feelings too late.

Darren found new interests as he grew and Ginger expected him to stay the same. Her assuming that he can't REALLY like football because sports are for idiots was legit aggravating.

Courtney's probably the only character that accepts Ginger no matter what.

Someone can write a sad poem and not actually be suicidal.

Could it be that Ginger was homophobic, Courtney came out with her and she while did not straight out rejected her avoided her as much as she could from that point on?

and she gets the shaft, and her family goes poor, and she doesn't show up in the ending.

Talk about a "the real world sucks" ending.

I think that Courtney losing all her wealth was something the story writers had planned out from the beginning. Like that was something her character was always leading up to and they intended the show to end with her at least in that position. But maybe if they'd had more seasons, they would have done an entire arc about Courtney being poor and adjusting to the new lifestyle. But they didn't get that far and said "shit, what's left on the checklist of shit we wanted to do before the show ended? Throw it all in we've only got x episodes left."

Darren was a possessive cunt and Ginger should have picked better and moved away.

Would have at least been an episode arc to be had.

But then Ginger would have been as big a waste as her friends. Instead of a victim.

Darren, Dodie, and Courtney all seem possessive and longing for Ginger but when you get right down to it Courtney is the only one who is accepting of Ginger and encourages her.

Really is such a disappointment that we didn't get to see her arc complete.

Rich girls are people too.

Isn't more rich people can get shit on?

I always imaged that Darren was Ginger's husband but got a divorce after their first kid and remarried to Courtney and she's standing behind Ginger off camera.

I'm a little seal girl living in the real world
And it's so hard to get by
Cause seals can't even cry

That was a good episode, well the Carl part anyway.

Yes! I always appreciated that. I think Kim Possible started doing that after.

That your "friends" are just pieces of shit and you should ditch them and hook up with the lesbian rich girl who crushes on you

Shit I never got this far

That was the last episode or two if I recall.

I read up that apparently Courtney was in love with Ginger and was going to confess but that idea was shot down by the executives. Pity, Ginger would've been much happier with Courtney.

I agree.

That would have made much more sense.

Weird thinking of slice of life carton on Nickelodeon.

When they are so well known for ridiculously over the top wacky comedies

It was an older female Hey Arnold.

There have been a couple edit threads that show with just a few very minor tweaks these characters look much less horrifying.

>"Lice like clean hair. It's easier to move through."

I swear I hear this verbatim so many fucking times.

Ever notice how when Nick is advertising Nicktoons for anything, Spongebob is not included?

It's like they are actually trying to separate Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents from the traditional Nicktoons line

I liked the moral to that episode. Macy was the only kid in the whole middleschool with the balls to realize she was still a kid in middleschool. Kids that age are in such a weird position where they feel they need to overcompensate to act mature, while not actually being mature at all.

No, he's thinking of the episode with that other old lady, I think her name was Maude? She was really crass anf gross and that's why Carl liked her. And he was "dating" her and asked his mom if he could have his girlfriend over for dinner, and then after his mom said yes showed up to dinner with an old lady and made everyone very uncomfortable. And Courtney was also over for dinner so Ginger and Lois pretended Maude was the gramma in the family. Then she died in the middle of dinner.

Some girls are just lonely and need more love in their life.

The was sweet and the ending was so sad.