After Hours
Taxi Driver
Only God Forgives
Enter the Void

Repo Man
Neon Demon
Under the Skin
Inherent Vice (a little)
Thief (would underline this one if I could)
Bad Movie
Night on Earth

millennium mambo

Streets of Fire

Pubescent

Ghost in the Shell (1995)

Videodrome
Scanners
Crash (1996)

I was in Okinawa twice for 8 months at a time and every weekend was spent drinking and buying fillipina whores in streets that looked just like this. So comfy.

>Neon Demon
Shit taste confirmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=dtum6XVH3HI

Enter the Void

Go watch Saving Private Ryan, boy.

not him but does this mean you think neon demon is complex or deep in any way? it is extremely ham fisted and surface level in almost every regard

I like both Saving Private Ryan & Neon Demon.

No, I don't think Neone Demon is complex or deep, but it has amazing imagery and is a great example of themes communicated through visuals.

A movie doesn't have to be great at everything to be enjoyable, and sometimes movies are really fantastic at a single element of the medium and it's okay to appreciate it for that.

Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049. Don't let the first keep you from watching the second, you won't regret it.

China Girl
Year of the Dragon

The first one is a great movie though. Only people who think otherwise either have ADD, are brainlets, or straight up contrarians.

documentaries about food

It was good, outstanding special effects at the time, but the cinematography, ending, and soundtrack were okay. The ending was philosophical I get it, but in 2049's case the whole movie was philosophical.

I like the cinematography and ending a lot personally.

The ending also varies with which version you watch, for me the best one is where they runaway together and we see the unicorn.

And the cinematography is subtle but effective. For example the way they frame the shots in first conversation between Deckard and his superior officer gives us a lot of subconcious clues that Deckard is inherently subservient to the cop (and by extension a replicant)

But I guess just different strokes for different folks.

Gotchu senpai. This whole movie captures the feel you’re looking for.

youtu.be/7l8SBdqgYPo