Heavy shit

heavy shit

why didn't you fuckers warn me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRqC9GzodtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because you've apparently not been in a a single Bojack thread on Sup Forums.

Guilty, checking the archives I've just missed the mark every time ones been made, up until now I thought it was just that series Sup Forums had some praise for at times but you'd usually just see it mentioned in a "what shows do you watch" thread.

I'm surprised people seem to share my views on certain aspects of the show, that doesn't happen much.

On an unrelated note. Any one else blocked from posting to Sup Forums? Im trying yo ship post but get a blocked isp warning for some reason. Yet i can still post on Sup Forums

Why are you saying that here? It'd make a small bit of sense if you said something related to the thread THEN said that, but just that?

I liked Bojack. Though I feel S1>S2>S3, and didn't really care that much for the characters after season 2.

Like, we get it. BJ won't change-- except now he's actually suicidal and even his closest friends knows they can't help and go on with their own lives.

Mr PB proves once again that everything just works out for him simply-- maybe because he's got a positive attitude, opposite to BJ

Glad they stopped pushing any Diane Bojack angle
Princess Caroline finds love, but the truth is she's married to her work
The Todd safe space uber cab and introducing his female friend just for the whole asexuality appeal was cringy

they stalked out Penny, and she played out like some victim even though nothing happened back then--They were sober and legal in New Mex

Sarah Lynn death was kinda "soften" because they did a fakeout in the previous scene

a lot of things were mentioned in passing, but they never came to fruition. The Ana Skapicioa thing just kinda fizzled out, and Jill Pill led to that Hamster guy and they talked about "The Bojack Horseman Show," but we don't learn much except it was a failure

Goober with his heorin led to the whale strippers becoming uber drivers and they saved the day with Mr PB's spaghetti strainer shenanigans

S3 was a mess

Finishing this show actually put me into such a deep depression that I eventually ran off my friends with my shitty behavior.
Can't wait for the new episodes.

Bojack is the type of character you love to hate and hate to love

S3 was fiddling about because they had no ideas left. "The Diane Show" is especially uneventful.

The amount of teasing for S4 at the end was shameful. "Nothing's happening NOW, but NEXT TIME..."

I saw this in the archives and wished I was there to respond

I think it started dropping too, but it didn't make me feel anything bad that much, I think the feminist angle, ableist mention, and shit like that sucked, but it didn't interfere that much except when the uber thing started, but I still just kinda ignored it because i was still into the show.

I watch it knowing Bojack's life just keeps getting worse and it's anti-character progressing, but I'm fine with that because I have sympathy for him, usually.

I'm looking forward to S4, I just hope they don't use the daughter thing to make even more annoying messages then they have before.

The writing is weird, they treat characters that are clearly in the wrong as in the right, but it's usually everyone but Bojack. The only time I had a slight idea to drop the series was the episode where Diane gets mad that Peanutbutter didn't 100% trust her that an actor was dead, decided to look it up, and she goes on a multi-day (i think) tangent that he couldn't just believe she was right, and in the end he said sorry, then there was another episode that kept praising her but I can't remember which because there were a few that did it at times, it was just shitty when she was around.

I could tolerate her up until Bojack starting liking her, and then the story came into her favor more and more. Like when Peanutbutter said many good points about her birthday being for her and not just him but that was just ignored because of the stuff she was pointing out. I can't sympathize with her.

Diane is the worse and garbage person.

I was disappointed Bojack didn't push her off the roof. But that would be a different kind of show.

Watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 last night.

Does this show get better? Because right now it's an ok comedy, but cheesy and predictable with formulaic plots and relationships.

It gets more and more complex, not majorly, but it starts at square 1. Todd has his moments that change him from being the wacky side kick, but there is a Season 2/3 thing he does with Peanutbutter, but I think it's fun, sometimes boring, but never skippable.

I'd say watch until the end of the season and go from there

>The only time I had a slight idea to drop the series was the episode where Diane gets mad that Peanutbutter didn't 100% trust her that an actor was dead, decided to look it up, and she goes on a multi-day (i think) tangent that he couldn't just believe she was right, and in the end he said sorry
I don't recall that but are you sure it wasn't demonstrating that she's a petty person overly-concerned with being right and PB was just laying down to avoid a fight? S3 teased constantly about their marriage wearing thin.

I except them to get divorced in the wake of Diane betraying PB by spying on him for the shitty blog she's working for now. Maybe PB will have lost all his money again and she'll get nothing in the settlement and she'll end up being a barista again because she's failed at any other job she's tried; approaching middle age and having not a thing to show for it.

Yeah, the first few episodes are pretty bad. Mostly just setting up characters and world building, give it till like, the 6th episode and it starts getting really good.

TWEEEST: It's Mr. Peanut Butter who kills himself, not Bojack.

This show is about owning up to your own shitty behavior and not making excuses, but I feel you.

The second season went dark at the end that it was pretty hard not to get in a funk.

But the third season came out just after a best friend, who was basically my brother, died from an over dose last June so the death in season 3 fucked me up hard. I have never cried over any kind of tv or movie like I did to the Sarah Lynn episode. The scene where she has a moment of clarity saying she wishes she was an architect still fucks me up just thinking about

>are you sure it wasn't demonstrating that she's a petty person overly-concerned with being right and PB was just laying down to avoid a fight?
there are times it does that, but fuck that birthday episode, they did have a fight and in the end he just said it was his bad, the end

I found I didn't fully appreciate seasons 1 or 2 until I had finished them.

It's structured a little bit like a novel in that way. The first "chapters" just set things up for what's to come.

It's a Netflix show so they know people can watch the whole thing at once if they want instead of once a week.

They need to do one final flashback joke and have people do the "this is the time period that is occurring" shtick in present-day scenes and not flashbacks.

Stick with it, it grows on you and has a good story

>The second season went dark at the end
And then ended on the most optimistic thing in the series. I was disappointed with the flat way S3 followed up on that, or rather didn't.

Yeah, you got the sense of optimism that Bojack had there but it just flames out real quickly in the 3rd season.

Season 3 ends on a kind of optimistic note too with Bojack seeing the wild horses running. Considering this (pushing everyone away, Diane even saying he's going to kill himself, feeling guilty about Sarah Lynn) was his absolute bottom, I hope season 4 shows him actually trying to change for the better and make it stick. But from that last scene I'm guessing it'll have him being an eclectic, zen and loosely homeless hippie type of person as a form of ignoring his issues.

At the time of me being midway through season 2 is when I started acting anal to people. I failed classes and messed up emotionally and mentally for the entirety of October - November.
It died down after I finished season 3 around December. By the time I finished the series and I had a few weeks to soul search, a lot of my friends I have previously talked to have either stopped respecting me or completely left because of it.

Now that I understand the reason why I acted like that, I can properly avoid it.

You acted like a shithead because you watched the series?

It made me depressed which in turn made me act like a cunt, but I can't say the show in general made me like that, something else must've caused it in a greater manner.

like your autism?

Why

funny jokes

has a better credits music track than the starting credits has

>what is this? a crossover episode?

WAS there a crossover episode?

At this point, is there any character you wouldn't feel bad for if they committed suicide? I hate Diana with a passion but I'd still feel bad in place of the others reacting to it, mainly PB.

That said I just want her to be written off but I know that's where they're getting their brownie points and if they did murder her they'd use it to make everyone sympathize with her asshole personality.

Would you a fem bojack or a fem mr. PB?

Her character growth is her realizing she's an asshole. Why do you thinkBojack got along with her so well?

She really backpeddled at the end of S3. In a really ham-handed way, really. That scene about the glasses of water was kind of shit, like a lot in that season.

I can't wait for next season where 4 characters get cancer, 5 of them get horribly raped, and 2 of them commit suicide.

Seriously someone should be sued for putting this under 'comedy'

DUDE WHAT IF OUR CHARACTER HAD A PERMANENT HORSEMASK LMAO!

Did you just see the cat meme picture and think that was it? The characters are all mixed animals and humans

>WTF BOJACK YOU HAD SEX WITH EMILY!? YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SHITTY TO OTHER PEOPLE
>jklol Emily I'm an asexual cuck piece of human waste

Name a character worse than Todd.

Is Bojack the Evangelion of cartoons?

So what's the appeal specifically of this show? Is it like Moral Orel where it starts out jokey and funny with some serious overtones but by season 3 it's very dark? I loved Moral Orel.

nah, it's the Requiem 5 a Dream of cartoons

Imagine that but much more depressing and much less funny.

>Jill Pill led to that Hamster guy and they talked about "The Bojack Horseman Show," but we don't learn much except it was a failure

Couldn't be more wrong. Bojack deliberately sabotaged "The Bojack Horseman" show due to a fear of success and the failing ratings forcing him to go to Sarah Lynn further cemented that he played a massive part in her life being fucked up

>Is Bojack the Evangelion of cartoons?

He should have tapped that deer.

Is it good though? I liked the depressing parts of Moral Orel because they were done well. South Park is an example of a show where they sometimes try to have depressing stuff but it's so silly that it still comes off as funny instead.

>Kenny Dies where instead of Cartman using the stem cells to save Kenny he instead uses it to make a Shakey's Pizza

Aside from "You're Getting Old," South Park realizes that it's a comedy show and they're comedy writers.

Bojack is more like a drama that will fill the viewer with existential despair with a bit of comedy every 5 episodes. It's not even comparable much to Moral Orel.

This show gets a lot of praise but I just can't deal with anthropomorphic series a lot of the time. Not even a furry hater. Fucking Fifi did things to me before I even knew what those things were.

Like if I take Regular Show... things like Benson and Hi5 are neat. They keep their traits before being humanized. But Mordecai you could go back and forth and nothing of value would be loss if he was depicted as a human instead of a talking bird. His blue jay trait of being noisy was just given to Rigby.

I don't think Bojack should feel bad. Sarah Lynn was a grown women, she should be responsible for herself.

he was still an enabler

"Sarah Lynn.....?"

And the woman she grew into was largely due to her childhood, which was mostly out of her control. She said it herself, "I was nine, I didn't know what I was getting into." BoJack was a father figure to her, he could have made a difference. Instead he just let her fall, then dragged her into a bender after she had been sober for months.

if you do watch it, don't binge on it. you might get a panic attack

oh please. she was an enabler too. she literally had drugs built inside of her house. come on.

fem bojack.
>tfw no clingy gf

The character herself said she was specifically being sober just so she could get into it again though. Like she was literally just waiting for the bender.
she wasn't like "NO BOJACK I'VE BEEN SOBER I'VE GOT A LIFE NOW"

>dragged her

he didn't drag her in to anything. they were both a bad influence on each other. you can't blame one or the other

i hope they bring back sebastian st claire

>people seem to share my views on certain aspects of the show
which would be?

*warlock of autism wrings his hands together*

Is anyone else really curious what the intro will look like next season? since they pride themselves on continuity and such and it seems like bojack doesn't even live in la anymore

I'm usually the only person shitting on the Diana type, but here seems to universally see her a shit, among the other diana-tier subjects they introduced

>I'm usually the only person shitting on the Diana type
How? The whole season season was about how she was full of shit.

I mean in other show discussion I'm usually alone in it, and I meant before they started making her try to realize her shitty personality, back when everyone would randomly give her praise or shit

Todd will get with the modest mouse

He's asexual. if anything they'll either kill him off or have him kill himself because nobody will lose anything.

>nobody will lose anything.
the writers will lose their crutch

But what is that crutch leaning on? yeah Todd is pretty much the ONLY source of comedy in the show out of the main cast, but without the ability to form a relationship he's pointless, and also a huge hypocrite for being SO SHOCKED that Bojack slept with Emily.

I think that was a "I feel bad you used her" thing, they seem to be ramping up to having every character one day defend a woman at every chance, it's just subtle here.

Because only normies can be related with him.

Because you belong to reddit.
>b-b-but muh normal life! My social anxiety!
Fuck off, retard.

>used her
>sexually proposition an adult who accepts
Just because she has the face of an elementary schooler doesn't mean she isn't responsible for herself.

Except BoJack didn't use her? She clearly wanted sex, but since Todd kept backing out she went for the next available cock.

Rather she became very insecure that she wasn't desirable and banged Bojack as a sort of rebound.

Not anyone's mess but her own.

Either way it'd be bad writing, but in this situation it'd make sense from their view since they seem to twist logic to make sympathy happen

He's a shit but still pulled through with one of the more memorable parts of the series

youtube.com/watch?v=dRqC9GzodtI

Even if she was consenting and completely aware that he was using her to temporarily distract himself from how shitty he felt, it doesn't change that he did use her to do that. And she used him too for the same thing. In that individual act, she was just as bad and Todd had a right to be upset with her too. But that doesn't make what BoJack did less bad.

>He's asexual
What?

I thought that scene was a flop exactly because how how ambiguous the morality of the situation was. Dopey ol' Todd finally getting tired of Bojack's shit was a big bullet in their gun from the beginning and they totally misfired.

His old tomboy friend obviously wanted his dick and he spaghetti'd out.

Later she asked if he was gay and he said "I don't think I'm anything".

Falling for the "including minorities makes it good" fallacy was a sign of a how the third season was a step down.

He might not adopt the label asexual, but there's a scene at the end of season 3 where his horny girlfriend asks why he won't have sex with her, and if it's because he's gay. And he admits he's definitely not gay but he's starting to think maybe he's not straight either, because he just doesn't seem to want to have sex. His words were "I think I'm nothing." What he was describing fits perfectly in the definition of "asexual" for a lot of people who do use that word.

I have a feeling season 4 is going to have Todd fall in with that SJW mouse that hired Diane, and SJW mouse will probably try to assign like 40 different sexuality labels to Todd before he says fuck it and distances himself from that shit.

It's the delivery from Aaron that made it more memorable to me. But you're right. The reason for Todd finally losing his shit was pretty flimsy.

>Falling for the "including minorities makes it good" fallacy
>Falling for muh boogiemen

How pathetic

No, that's Moral Orel.

I can't see any character committing suicide aside from Bojack, maybe Princess Caroline if she was fired, I dunno

Suicide often occurs in people who you'd never expect it from.

Season 2 ended on a good foot.

Then Season 3 took the ending to season 2, threw it out the window and reverted back to their old tropes.

>Season 1: "welcome to the show"
>Season 2: "now that we've established the world and its characters, we can start the bigger story"
>Season 3: "we're waiting for season 4"

Yes, shit's drop on opisode 5, but everything before becomes relevant

We need audio webms.

my favorite jokes were the background banners that said a transcript of everything peanut butter even after the message. We don't get enough background jokes that aren't pointed out

Moral Orel

Evangelion is crap for nostalgic weebs.

This