Daily reminder we could of had Guardians of the Galaxy but got Redditors of the Galaxy instead

Daily reminder we could of had Guardians of the Galaxy but got Redditors of the Galaxy instead.

>could of had
>the absolute state of DnA faggots

Memes of the Galaxy actually

More like Fartians of the Galaxy!

Just go watch Farscape and stop complaining.

>Based Gunn does the impossible and makes Guardians of the Galaxy popular with normies
>Sup Forums hates that it's popular now

Why must you all be like this?

b-back to r-reddit

If making it popular sacrifices the quality of the stories and turns everyone into a one note retard, then I hope nothing good ever becomes popular again. It was a total monkey's paw.

What gets me is the DnAfag tardrage over it, like to movie is responsible for the comics being awful garbage nowadays.
Bendis would've happened regardless of the movie.

Monkey's Paw. I love the Guardians movies but they were responsible for turning the comics into shit.

But I'm not blaming the movies or Gunn. I'm blaming Bendis for his laziness and leaching of the MCU like he always does.

Because fuck you Disney are kikes

The only reason Bendis happened was because Marvel Comics knew the movie was coming Marvel wanted to relaunch the Guardians and used Bendis' popularity.

The hilarious part is that Bendis initially didn't want to do GotG because he had no interest in the characters, but Buckley and Wacker insisted that he write it and he was convinced.

Then Bendis stayed because he liked the idea of being the guy who reinvented a franchise that was going to be popular. I recall him saying how he was working with the movie people and pitching ideas but it's clear that once Gunn came in that all ended.

Pretty sure once GotG sales were going down, the autistic hardcore fans, Gunn gushing about DnA and Starlin and other writers but him and ignoring his stuff, that Bendis probably realized he wasn't going to get anything out of Guardians anymore so he jumped ship and went to Defenders which has three characters that he likes and they are popular right now (and Bendis loves riding on popular franchises nowadays).

That said James Gunn and Marvel Studios are not to blame for the incompetency of Marvel Comic's Editors pushing the GotG property on someone who wasn't isn't into writing the Guardians and was clearly half assing it has he went along. Also the period between Thanos Imperative and Duggan's GotG, nothing of note happened with the Guardians and aside from Abnett the other writers didn't even know what the fuck to do with the characters, they flanderized them and repeated things from the first movie's plot.

Duggan's run is not perfect and it's hitting the synergy hard (Groot, Milano, and Star-Lord liking music) but he's also bringing interesting and unique plots, connecting to old stories, and bringing non-MCU cosmic characters that people liked. And so far he's the only writer who has an idea as to where he wants to take the comic so he has that going for him.

>could of

The comics were already cancelled. Was it because of the movie rumblings? Maybe, but without the movie they would have had maybe a few more issues and been nothing but a footnote.

Kill yourself

You asume a lot of things of Bendis. He's not riding on anything with Defenders. He genuinely likes all those characters. Not everything he does, he does to spite fans. I bet that even if the sales sink to an all time low, he would rather stay with Defenders than come back to X-Men or Guardians

Sorry, but placing Star-Lord in the vein of John Crichton has made him a much more unique character than the rather drab ex-Lensman/Han Solo/Mal Reynolds expy he was previously.

>Reddit
ITT: Terms that mean absolutely nothing.

B-But 80's music!!1!

Haha you guys remember when peter talked about footloose and Kevin bacon omg lolol i understood that reference

haha remember when rocket told peter he got his gun from eBay and peter was all like "lol how does a space raccoon know about eBay" lololol

Can we not of this discussion right now?

We could of avoided of it, but we would of been fools to do so of.

Hahaha ooga chakka ooga ooga ooga chaka like this if you understand this reference

I'm gonna catch a matinee showing of the movie if it still plays, just to make sure you never get a comic you enjoy ever again.

Rude

He likes Jessica, Luke and Matt.

Danny he couldn't care less about and it shows.

The eBay thing was a joke from DnA. I was being facetious to show user what a tool he is. But I guess it went over his head.