Apparently they changed the premise of this thing because no animation studio wanted it in its original state

Apparently they changed the premise of this thing because no animation studio wanted it in its original state.

Now they are trying to do a Kickstarter for the series.

Are they passionate or just really stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pQPhW0aLHX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This still exists?

Are you? Since you made this thread once already.

The only thing this "show" was good for was the jokes about the unpaid interns, who are apparently still unpaid. They're looking for volunteers online to help make the pilot.

Are they seriously trying to make this with just a Kickstarter?
Or is this the "pay me to make a pilot so I can pitch it to other networks" type deal?

Just a pilot.

Basically, the original pitch was a D&D type show with animal characters who go on adventures. They somehow managed to get into a meeting with Nickelodeon, although I suspect it was one of those convention events where anybody can pitch their shit, and they were told that it wouldn't work. Networks want cartoons that appeal to kids, so they de-aged the characters and turned them into kids who go to a school for adventurers.

They're now trying to build up a fandom and get volunteers to eventually make a kickstarter campaign for the pilot.

They didn't get much animation done for the original show. Just two character videos, like this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=pQPhW0aLHX8

Something tells me the story had more problems than just the age of the characters

Apparently they were sent an email from Nick.

>animal characters going on adventures
>It wouldn't work.
Nickelodeon could probably smell the dried jizz on the producers and said no.

Or they found all the shit that went down with Double Rainboom and didn't want to get involved.

Really stupid.

Must hurt seeing stuff like Breadwinners get picked up while people struggle and are forced to butcher their own ideas just to cater to one of five studios who are open to animation pitches.

TrueTail never had a snowball's chance in hell. The fact that they're still pushing it just shows how creatively bankrupt the "studio" is, as they have nothing else to try.

What shit?

No more creatively bankrupt than half the shows that get greenlit for studios.

I think occasionally they get hired to do stuff from other small clients. Atleast thats what I think the creator told me.

Watching the video, it seems like boring and generic shit anyways.

He tried to paywall Double Rainboom assets to raise money to get to a con. They also used show assets in the project.

What were they doing for the past four years?

Maybe the pilot is airing now.

Will there be waifus?

>Now they are trying to do a Kickstarter for the series.
I am actually following the project, never heard of no KS. Stop making shit up.

They mentioned it on their facebook, dummy.

brb, re-checking......

Oh yeah, a KS for a pilot. They want to pay their VAs and animators. Don't see what so wrong about THAT.

Unless you believe everyone must give you stuff for free.

Might as well post these.

Passionate. It looks kind of interesting.

This is made by the same guy who did double rainboom, and that was so bad even bronies called it shit.

>goat girl
nice, but it won't succeed and it will perish again

I think at this point, having two versions of this series rejected and working on it for four years, they should give up.

Why do they need such a large staff anyway? It is puppet based 2D animation. They could get away with just 5 artists for the pilot.

Nah they are still working on it.

Honestly, it felt a Wakfu rip-off.

Now it's just an adventuring school ripoff.

It's run by zack whos a huge piece of shit to work and looks down on everyone while having achived nothing really (oh wow you "lead" a shitty mlp fan episode which ended up a pile of shit because you wrote it in the most retarded way and crossed over into PPG and XD MEMES, then turned down a job at archer because you felt you were an animation god).

Did i also mention he then deleted the video that was worked on by so many people without telling the team and left to start this garbage?

Fuck off zack.

Old goat was cuter

>no more bara bear
Fuck this noise.

What is this and what was the previous premise? I'm assuming dnd+cute animals

Bear is one of the proposed teachers.

Pretty much that

wait so this is about school now. gay

But now he has to share the spotlight with all these chumps.
On the plus side: Dad bod fox.

>Dnd adventurer guild school for furries
This gave me cancer so bad I have to go vote in congress.
what are the odds the original pitch was because they saw Fairy Tail and were pissed that even though it had "tail" in the title,
it wasn't about furries?

This still exist? Wonder why nobody wanted it...wasnt stupid enough?

Not to mention the pacing was awful.

>they should give up
Want to share your life experience? I bet you quit all the time.

Well, nobody wants the new Swat Kats reboot either. Some shows just aren't going to work these days.

What's the new premise? Ye olde furry school?

Yes. They are hoping to do the original show later, as a sequel.

Well I gotta hand them for sticking with it for so long.

I am sure they would appreciate that.

Recent SCADGRAD fag here, I've heard a lot of mixed things about the guy before I got deep in the animation major over at SCAD back when I used to browse /mlp/ they didn't like him much.

He used to do flash animation tutorial classes over at the school building every friday, which seemed nice at the time, although it sort of felt like he used it as a means to recruit people for his show (I never took the time to go to them because I was busy with schoolwork, and I was focused more on handdrawn animation/3D animation, which later turned into an interest in storyboarding instead).

I did overhear from a student that worked for him on feedback with her senior film being done in the same puppeted style, but apparently he gave it shit and told her he didn't like the animation, despite the film already being finished.

I did think about auditioning VO for his project, just for money since I just graduated, but I realized that I couldn't force my voice to be that high pitched, and I thought it was a bit odd that he got rid of a lot of the original voice actors, that I know could have easily done younger voices.

That's all I can say about the guy though. I like the fact that he's still trying to get his idea into a show, even if it may not be great.

I've always wanted to make my passion project into a series, but I get the feeling that it will come out in an over saturated market of adult animated shows that kind of blend together, and I've got to work on my portfolio anyway.

The guy is a grande A cunt, and those who worked with him absolutely hate his guts.

Thanks for the very large post.

Don't talk that way about yourself!

They took four years.

...And?
Phineas and Ferb took like, 15.
Star Vs took around 7.
Mighty Magiswords took about a decade.
Wander Over Yonder was in development around the time Foster's was still airing.
Adventure Time took a couple of years as well.

Taking a long time to get your show off the ground isn't somehow new or even embarrassing.

These people have experience and were not just spending their time making one pitch.

So it's animated in flash? Isn't it scheduled to die in 3 years?

>Furfaggotry

>pandering the the le ebin cuckquean meme fetish

>generic school setting

God all those meme inserts, even the fucking trailer had troll face.

The whole PPG crossover looked like plain simple filler, and the double rainboom itself, the thing the very premise is based on, was over and forgotten about earthly quickly halfway in.

>First full length fan episode
Dawn's Dusk would disagree