Lion Guard

This was completely unnecessary. Scar returning, that is.

youtube.com/watch?v=8GsUGk3L4Sw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y14TwUGQ3xE
youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA
youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8
youtube.com/watch?v=POiuesibKH4
youtube.com/watch?v=05ViXbWpHoY
youtube.com/watch?v=VDdaH7acxdE
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_H3MrlG0M
youtube.com/watch?v=k9U98VMvoT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

actually back or everyone's just tripping from the hot gases?

He's going to be the villain in this weekend's special and an ongoing villain for the rest of the season. He's a lava ghost, I guess.

Who cares.

Doesn't really sound like him.

To be fair, a recurring theme of Lion Guard is how Kion doesn't want to become Scar.
He's kind of important to the whole thing, and with Kion's power to speak to dead people, it was going to come up at some point.

Well Jeremy Irons is probably expensive.

really highlighting the yin yang thing with mufasa's cloud/heaven ghost.

Could have got a sound alike.

Yeah, I think this is actually kind of cool. If Mufasa can still give advice from beyond the grave, I don't see why Scar can't haunt the lions too.

I want to see them kiss and make up.

As long as he's a ghost then it's actually not that bad. It'll be bad if he's less sneaky though and acts like he's not dead.

Reminds me of how you have to fight Scar's ghost in Kingdom Hearts 2.

I'M TEN TIMES THE GHOST MUFASA WAS

Also the Disney Parks game where Hades turns Scar into a cloud or something.

>Reminds me of how you have to fight Scar's ghost in Kingdom Hearts 2.

But he was a Heartless not a ghost. People who willingly give up their hearts to the darkness in KH and have great control over darkness tend to look like themselves afterwards like how Scar did or Ansem SoD. Sora willingly lost his heart to the darkness but because he sucks at handling darkness he turned into a puny Shadow.

>completely unnecessary

Scar was the previous lion guard. He lost his roar power thing when he used it for evil. I say it is necessary for Kion to learn something.

Didn't even hire Jim Cummings to reprise his role. Jeremy Irons threw out his voice while recording "Be Prepared" and Jim Cummings had to finish recording the last third of the song.

Look at this faggot thinking he understands KH lore. The people in charge of KH lore don't even understand it.

Once you know that, the difference is really easy to hear

Oh, good. A Lion King thread. I was just watching the deleted scenes from the film last night and was wondering what everyone thought about them.

youtube.com/watch?v=y14TwUGQ3xE

youtube.com/watch?v=zl8gDjaHWWA

youtube.com/watch?v=HoctlRyGdf8

youtube.com/watch?v=POiuesibKH4

It really is. Then again, as a kid I knew there was a voice change during that song.

I watched Goof Troop religiously as a young child. As a result, I could recognize Jim Cummings' voice.

Scar trying to get Nala as queen is creepy.

Wouldn't be the first time he came back...

Kion's harem will be best, most exotic harem. Cheetahs, jackal milfs, hyenas, and mandrills. Oh My.

GAAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

It isn't gay if they're brothers.

They literally called him "Scar's Ghost" and not a heartless.

Fuli's the only one that matters.

Oh, they could have, but they didn't.

DOUBLE SHIFTS

NO BREAKS

AND MAKE SURE YOU GOT PLENTY OF OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOILUGHH

Why the fuck is that special FX animation so good? Is this like, a special TV movie thing with a bigger budget or does the show consistently have good animation like this all the time?

>getting some random black guy to do Scar instead of the guy who did his singing voice in the original movie, all in the name of racial diversity
>yfw they wont get Cummings to do Darkwing Duck in the Ducktales reboot

I think they left him out because Cummings is too lewd a name to put into the credits of a children's show.

I mean, it is a special TV movie thing so it probably has a bigger budget.
Compare say, a musical number from the pilot movie youtube.com/watch?v=05ViXbWpHoY
To another number with a similar aesthetic from a regular episode. youtube.com/watch?v=VDdaH7acxdE

Damn, this is some high level puppeting for what is essentially a pre-schooler show on Disney Junior.

I hadn't seen anything for this show, I took one look at the promo images back when it was announced and saw what looked like an OC design done in Flash and just assumed it was going to move like typical Flash shit.

Fuck, I'm gonna be really disappointed if the BH6 cartoon ends up looking like absolute shit now that I know Disney will put in the effort.

Mercury Filmworks developed a new program that renders the characters in 3D and allows their animators to re-create them in 2D. The big thing that came out of it, from what I've seen, is that the characters are often seen from every angle imaginable. Most cartoons have the characters always be seen from one perspective, but this show does things differently.

>It was at this stage in The Lion Guard’s production that things took a slightly different turn. Christian Larocque, animation director at Mercury Filmworks, wanted to find a more fluid way of animating characters in the short amount of time he had available to him. His idea was to “rig” the character in 3D first, which meant creating a digital puppet of each animal character, which the animators could then spin around and see from every angle.

>It was this technique, thought to be the first of its kind, that allowed the team to put the cartoon characters in every conceivable position, whether they were jumping on to rocks or leaping into the air. This allowed them to see how the characters would move in any given situation. “The rig has all the points of articulation; all the joints of the character, the mouth movements, the eye movements,” says Riley. Once the animators had used the 3D rig to work out how each character would look in each position, they could translate that into a 2D model to give the animation that authentic, “handdrawn” look.

>The 3D rigging meant, according to Riley, a lot of work at the “front end of production” – but the result was worth it. “We’ve all been blown away by how successful it’s been,” says Riley. “Everyone loves The Lion King so much, we’ve got to produce a show that tries to approach that level of quality.”

But will Ghost Scar team up with Zira
youtube.com/watch?v=Sx_H3MrlG0M

I really enjoyed the deleted scenes from TLK2.

Wait a minute, isn't this a show for like really young kids?
Why the fuck it has so deep lore?

>Cummings is too lewd a name to put into the credits of a children's show.

Do you not know who he is?

The Lion King has always had deep lore, so it was unavoidable.

It was a joke.

>Who is still trying to break the circle of life from continuing
Okay, so I didn't watch the Lion Guard, but I don't remember Scar in the original movie wanting to break the circle of life.
He was just a greedy fuck who wanted to be King and fuck bitches, and surprise surprise he made a mess of his kingdom.
When did they decide that he was some Anti-Druid or whatnot?

When they revealed that the second born child of the royal family always has magic powers but that wasn't enough for Scar, he wanted both magic powers and to be king
youtube.com/watch?v=k9U98VMvoT8

A lame joke.

You don't like cum jokes?

Well honestly, if the joke (aside from cum) was supposed to be that his name is actually on tons of cartoon shows despite his lewd name, then that's neat.

>Alternate Ending

Geez, I was expecting Scar to be literally consumed by the flames while Simba landed in some safe spot on the ground, but it's really just a flat out BAD END. I'm surprised they even considered it.

>Scar wants Nala as his Queen

The tone in the actual focus scene was all over the place, it bounced way too much between rapey and genuinely threatening and weirdly awkward and comical. Also the villain trying to fuck the hero's girl is too cliche and I appreciate the fact that they didn't go that route even more now.

The hyena reveal and the re-use of Be Prepared was gold though, definitely should've actually utilized that half of the scene.

>Zira's suicide

Way better than the scene we actually got, her pridefully refusing help and facing her death with stubborn dignity feels way more in line with her character. Looking back at the actual scene now, it looks like it was almost awkwardly cut at the last second because they felt it was too dark.

>Nuka's Last Words

Not a huge difference here. I almost feel like the actual film not spelling out his character at the last second like that is a little better.

>Way better than the scene we actually got, her pridefully refusing help and facing her death with stubborn dignity feels way more in line with her character. Looking back at the actual scene now, it looks like it was almost awkwardly cut at the last second because they felt it was too dark.

If you look closely you can still see her smiling, so it's as if the suicide still happened.