Why does Marvel keep pushing the Inhumans when it's clear that absolutely no one cares about them?

Why does Marvel keep pushing the Inhumans when it's clear that absolutely no one cares about them?

I would have watched an Inhumans movie, but both Marvel's and DC's live action tv shows suck.

Disney is able to use the Inhumans in attractions for Disney World unlike many other Marvel characters. Disney is the one who demanded the push for Inhumans, not Perlmutter like some have claimed on here. The push for them didn't amp up until after Disney bought Marvel.

Why do we keep getting the same string of newfag basic questions every day?

Nobody believes you, intern

Because they aren't allowed to make X-Men movies. I thought everyone knew that.

The most recent season of Agents of SHIELD was better than half the MCU movies. The most recent seasons of Gotham and Arrow were better than half the DCEU movies.

>X-Men movies
but they could do Xmen series with cameos and stuff like that connected with the MCU instead of that ...

>now that hugh jackman is done with wolverine in fox movies, disney steals him and makes an xmen series
kek

There is an undoubted stink emanating from this Inhumans TV show

Every time I see this group photo, it's like the smell of a fart being rammed in my eyes

This is a pile of shit you can smell from a mile away. Not even Marvel fans will say nice things about it

I would've watched this show, but they fucked up Auran. Medusa and Triton are laughable. Iwan Rheon and Anson Mount are the only two reasons to watch it now.

The only reason no one cares about them is because they don't have a movie. You think Marvel would have ever bothered making a GotG comeback if the trailer hadn't been popular? You think they'd still be pushing the low-selling Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Ant-Man/Wasp books if those didn't have movies? You think Marvel would have ever bothered trying to revamp Carol fucking Danvers of all the asshole characters in the world if they didn't have a movie announcement? You think they would have given Dr. Strange his first solo series in like 20 years if his movie was coming out? OF COURSE they're going to keep pushing Inhumans, they push EVERYTHING that gets a movie announcement.

It's not about getting comics readers interested, it's about having more trades to sell to casuals when the trailer and the movie come out.

The only thing special about Inhumans is that instead of just giving them a token book like they do every MCU character they tried to push them as their own family of titles, which probably would have worked if the Inhumans movie had come to fruition in a timely manner.

I remember that Inhumanity actually did really well because casual moviefags were interested in learning about the Inhumans after hearing they had a movie coming. Can you imagine how well the push would have succeeded had they even had a half-assed CGI proof of concept trailer like the GotG and Ant-Man ones?

Why would Perlmutter care whether he makes money off Inhumans merchandise, X-Men merchandise, or MCU movies and other Marvel merchandise?

Seems like there's greater reason for Disney to care.

>Disney is the one who demanded the push for Inhumans, not Perlmutter like some have claimed on here.

unless you actually have legit proof of this there's no way anyone's gonna believe you

They get 100% of merchandise profits from properties they own the merchandise rights to. They only get a portion of X-Men, FF and Spider-Man merchandise (based on the movies) and a small portion of ticket sales.

>Disney caring about Inhumans
>After dumping their show in the death slot

Yeah, Disney couldn't give a rats ass about Perlmutter's pet project.

Everything in this post is a lie.

Well to be fair, this was originally going to be a movie.

But now its a tv show. So I feel like that push was a failure.

It's only being done because they wanted to cancel the movie but felt like if they did that people would meme endlessly about "IT'S OVER, MARVEL FILMS ARE FINISHED". It would make them look like they're not doing so well, or that they don't have faith in less popular properties.

Ironically they ended up as more of a laughing stock than if they had just bit the bullet and cancelled it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Inhuman push in the comics becoming an industry joke helped kill internal interest in the movie.

It's a shame all this internal politics and business shit has to ruin almost every one of these movies, the Inhumans would have been great villains in an FF movie.

This. I was actually kind of excited for an Inhumans film because it would have brought a new team to the MCU.

>Disney is the one who demanded the push for Inhumans, not Perlmutter like some have claimed on here.
If that were true, then wouldn't that mean that the movie would still be on track? Cause Disney has control over Marvel Studios still.

This.

I feel like Feige never wanted to do an Inhumans movie. Ike was the one thats always wanted them to be the MCU's X-men.

inhumans is/was doomed to fail the moment marvel had it in their heads that they could replace the xmen with them.

the xmen are probably one of marvel's most iconic characters behind spiderman. there's no way the inhumans were ever going to be seen as anything more than a cheap knockoff of them.

They're still a business and don't throw good money after bad, especially when they have better properties they could slot into it's place

They knew the way the winds were blowing with the Inhumans after the comic push cratered.

i wouldn't be surprised if inhumans was part of a compromise for feige to do captain marvel.

which is funny because carol is in the same boat as the inhumans in terms of popularity.

Yeah, but Carol is a fairly easy thing to pitch to the masses.

Inhumans have forever been and always will be a poor man's X-men. Especially after a long running and mostly successful film series going 17 years strong.

Ike relates to them because he thinks Attilan is like Israel.

To quote a wise user from many threads back:

>>
Anonymous 07/21/17(Fri)11:40:21 No.94037702▶

Partially that.

But also Perlmutter is a huge Zionist as sees the Inhumans as an Israel stand-in. He desperately wants them to be seen as a big important bunch of good guys because he wants Israel seen that way.

This is probably why the new Inhumans spend most of their time killing innocents and violating international law but are portrayed as heroes anyway.

Inhumans are pro eugenics, rigid caste systems and having a slave race, so that checks out

Im mad that it looks completely half-assed and phoned in. EVERYTHING looks bland and boring like they thought the MCU brand was enough. Should have just called it Humans and be done with it, their makeup/costume department was ass

fair enough but between her book being never getting above cancellation numbers and her successor as ms. marvel being more popular than her i can't help but feel that they should've went with scarlet witch or black widow as the answers to wonder woman.

Wasn't one of the reason for Marvel to use nobodies like the inhumans and gotg was because they couldn't use properties like FF and xmen, as soon as they could spider-man they gave the shaft to the inhumans

There's no way Perlmutter has ever read a single comic book in his entire life.

Inhumans were nothing like X-Men until around 2013, user.

>EVERYTHING looks bland
>MCU

checks out