Why do networks today love the bomb format?

Why do networks today love the bomb format?

pic not related

"networks"
Come out and say it user, you're calling out CN.

>52%
Damn, and I thought they were getting better with TTG.

>tfw the lineup in 2003-2004 was more varied and better than this

Why that year in particular, if I may ask?

nope it's always been like this. take off the rose-colored glasses :^)

Leaf here, I can tell you why from my side.

Because netflix.

Seriously who has the time to watch a certain cartoon at a certain time on a specific day.

And no were not talking about kids because kids don't watch cartoons.

>lol I posted it again
>I'm part of Sup Forums culture now XD

That's some zesty autism

Kids DO watch cartoons I know someone who has kids that watch TV. I'm sure many other kids watch TV too

And I'm sure you're an idiot.

Faggot, I have met these people. There's a LOT of KIDS who watch Teen Titans Go!, Loud House, SpongeBob and PAW Patrol and probably others too

I don't get why networks today show far less programming variety.

>CN then: multiple Cartoon Cartoons, Toonami/anime, classic cartoons, misc. shit all day
>CN now: TTG 80%, gumball 20%

>Nick Then: Multiple Nicktoons, live action, game shows, acquired shit like looney tunes, animaniacs, tiny toons, etc.
>Nick now: Spongebob 80%, Loud House 20%

>Disney then: Classic animation, lots of originalc artoons, live action shows, jim henson stuff, lots of rather obscure acquired third party programming
>Disney now: Fuck if I know, all their tweeny sitcoms seem the same

CN/Nick/Disney all have extensive catalogs, they could show a different show in each slot all week. But instead they choose to spam the same 2-3 shows all day, CN and Nick especially.

You're the faggot here, because you don't realize that they're a minority, and more importantly that the situation is only temporary while their parents still have money for cable. With the economy continuing to go the way it has been for a decade, fewer and fewer families will be able to afford it.

Nick is doing a better job than Cartoon Network. Also, Disney Channel is a bad option compared to Disney XD.

Because people hate Cloudy, Clarence, PPG, SU, and WBB.

Kids watch cartoons you stupid fucking idiot, why do you think TV is called a babysitter sometimes?

Because popcultural osmosis is still stuck in the 90s? Or because adult understanding of kids is always 20 years behind?

I don't get this too, could somebody explain them to me why this is a good idea? For example, Steven Universe, why do they run through five episodes in a week when they can keep everyone watching for a whole month?

Wait, hold the phone: since when can you do a spoiler within a spoiler!?

I have no idea.

God I just realized I've kept TTG on in the background for the past year. I'm sorry Sup Forums but it's nice background noise.

Because Steven Universe is the kind of show where they're heavily targeting the online market, which is also why it rarely plays on the network proper. A long hiatus generally spawns bigger hype and more word of mouth promotion than if they just played an episode every week.

The fuck's wrong with you? That looks ten times better than how it is today.

>You'll never get this upset at a thread on a Korean stamp collecting forum

Did you think the :^) was unironic?

Also dat Toonami block. Truly the golden age.

Why has CN been playing Ben 10 race against time so much recently?

who the hell archived that page at 5:30-5:59 in the morning?

Because an automatic algorithm has been in charge of the CN schedule and the system has been fried for the past 2 years.

Big, if true.

An ancient wizard with powers beyond your imagination.

Time traveler

One day Justice League Action will get more then one slot in a week.

ONE DAY!

You're trying way to hard to fit in

They're really depriving kids of learning cartoon history. When I was a kid Cartoon Network (and I mean Cartoon Network proper, not Boomerang) put cartoons from my parents' childhoods right beside the brand new original stuff. Stuff like classic Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Johnny Quest, even black and white Popeye and Betty Boop cartoons would be as much of the schedule as the new episodes of Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls that were coming out. As a kid I wasn't even aware of the fact that these shows were decades old.

But now unless the show is one of the network's golden cows they don't get any play. Stuff like Clarence and We Bare Bears aren't even five years old and still have new episodes coming but out barely ever get played unless it's a special occasion.

People my age had a solid foundation of over half a century of cartoons but kids these days aren't gonna know anything about shows more than 3 years old. I know all of the cartoons in history are available online, but I really doubt any 8 year old is going to go out of their way to look up old episodes of Quickdraw McGraw.

I want you to ask these same kids when those shows air.

>bomb
terrorists won

Why would they bother memorizing when they air when 1)They probably have a DVR that'll automatically record all the episodes and 2)These shows are aired so much that the kids can probably count on one of these shows being on whenever they turn on the TV.