What are the odds this is just going to be Book of Life again?

If you're going to turn the cesspool that is Mexican culture into a movie, at least don't rip-off a cult classic that came out just a few years ago, Pixar.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/mexico-takes-title-of-most-obese-from-america/
marketwatch.com/story/the-us-is-the-most-obese-nation-in-the-world-just-ahead-of-mexico-2017-05-19
reuters.com/article/us-mexico-archaeology-skulls-idUSKBN19M3Q6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>classic

Well... Book of Life LOOKED great. That's about it.

If Coco has a better story than BoL then I will be fine with it's existence.

>A bunch of spic countries exist with their own folklore to create movies out of
>LOLJUSTUSEMEMEXICO

I said cult classic you sperg.

Man they're so fucking lazy with the skeletons

Just didn't want to have to try to make something without regular human eyes sympathetic, eh?

Pixar needs to start catering to the exploding Mexican demographic in America

>Pixar needs to start catering to the exploding Mexican demographic in America
This makes me legitimately angry.

If there are two cultural aesthetics I hate it's Mexican shit and Japanese shit.
No one cares about your gay floral motifs.

>Japanese shit.
You're on the wrong website, friend-o.

You're not a racist, are you, user?

Next you'll start spouting Trumpisms like how people who are in the country illegally should be forced to leave.

I don't hate their race, I hate their culture.

Is that what you call shitty movies that were only liked by a small, niche audience?

>I don't hate arabs, I hate islam
Oy vey!

I thought the guy was going to say that Mexicans in the US aren't the only Mexicans

Or that there are more hispanics that deserve that catering if they're going to start pandering to Spanish ppl

The designs in Book of Life, in my opinion, were so much better as well. Although I do like the animation they did for the dog.

>There are burgers that think we all celebrate day of the dead

I will be shocked if this is better than BoL, this looks like the crappy knock-off version of it. Pixar is kill

>I thought the guy was going to say that Mexicans in the US aren't the only Mexicans
It's clear they're pandering to the now sizable Mexican demographic in America.

>Hating a religion that encourages the death of non-believers is the same as hating an entire race of people

Comparing the Coco's trailer to the Book of life, I like Pixar and all, but I sort of agree.
I mean, compare these two shots of the trailers revealing the afterlife. In BoL, each build is like it's own character, it's colorful and really chaotic but fun to look at. In Coco, not only are the building too far away to see, but it's not as vibrant or interesting to look at.

I hope it would be better than Book of Life, I found it very unfunny
This
I do, is a delicious tradition but yeah, as a spic I hate that they think that Mexico is just day of the deaths

>as a spic I hate that they think that Mexico is just day of the deaths
Does your culture have literally anything else of value to offer?

Shitty fast food?

>Just didn't want to have to try to make something without regular human eyes sympathetic, eh?
I was going to agree with you and go on a tirade myself, but eh... they human'd up the bugs in a bug's life pretty good and that was ages ago.

Food, cowboys, from time to time there´s a good film and we are trying to make catoons.

Bugs Life was meh but still better than their recent bullshit

Literally we have 52 ehtnic groups of indigenous which 3 were big empires and a lot of leyends product of a cultural mix with Spain and France

The day of deaths is a lazy choice or at leats they would try with another culture

Mcdonalds is from USA, son

Regale me with a few cult classics that aren't shitty...

America and Mexico both historically had cowboys and we've turned it into its own fucking culture in the US, don't act like that one is yours. Other than that you got food, which is subpar at best.

>Literally we have 52 ehtnic groups of indigenous which 3 were big empires and a lot of leyends product of a cultural mix with Spain and France
Whoop-de-fucking-doo, America has integrated hundreds of different cultures, yours and islam are the only ones that demands we change for you instead of the other way around.

>we are trying to make catoons

As much culture as America has once you get away from the border towns that smuggle in the drugs you rapaciously consume to get over your dull lives.

I mean they think that Day of the Dead is a thing in the rest of the continent. Same shit with the idea that everyone in latinamerica is a cumbia-loving mestizo with a long ass name.

Don't you have a donut burger to shove into your fat face?

Don't you have some fried bread smothered in shitty beans and cheese to shove into yours?

Well to be fair Mexico is just as fat as the US

>America and Mexico both historically had cowboys and we've turned it into its own fucking culture in the US
And? I never implied otherwise. We still have our own cowboys.
>don't act like that one is yours.
>Don´t imply one part of your culture is yours.
>Whoop-de-fucking-doo, America has integrated hundreds of different cultures, yours and islam are the only ones that demands we change for you instead of the other way around.
What does that have to do with what that user said? Are you retard?

Even fatter
cbsnews.com/news/mexico-takes-title-of-most-obese-from-america/

Blade Runner

Well there's Our Lady of Guadalupe, but of course Disney wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Cowboy are literally so intertwined with American culture that it's how a lot of other countries stereotype us.

>Wall-E: Walmart ships off all the American fatties to space where low gravity helps them move and robots tend to their every need

>Coco: Kubo Gonzalez and the Six Strings

probably, I'm just saying "Safe" designs are nothing new

What the fuck happened to Pixar? Is this because Disney bought them out?

Are you jelly of glorious brown mestizo skin?

>2013
marketwatch.com/story/the-us-is-the-most-obese-nation-in-the-world-just-ahead-of-mexico-2017-05-19

>Trailer had an elongated scene of "Character A yells, Character B yells in return"

yeah pass

Thanks for proving that spics are hypocrites as well as just as fat.

Mexico has the whole Aztec Empire thing with their whole pantheon of deities like Quetzalcoatl. It's still fertile ground for stories.

I'd like to see something like this animated by the studio that did Book of Kells.

Independence
The revolution
The aztecs and mayans

and those countries are fucking stupid for doing so

In America, we have the dignity to feel bad about our genocides.

Luchadores

I'll give you that one, Luchadores seem unironically pretty great and wrestling is clearly ripping it off.

What genocides?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH

Good one

reuters.com/article/us-mexico-archaeology-skulls-idUSKBN19M3Q6

I said we felt bad, not that we did anything about it. At least we didn't construct fucking columns out of their skulls

lol

What genre do you want to make a story out of?

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

>we felt bad

I'm pretty sure all the rednecks, so 50% of your country, still celebrate the confederency, the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki and other events like that

Are you two idiots? Most of mexican aren`t descendants from the aztecs.

>every single time theres a cartoon or animated film the spanish person is more then likely going to be 99.5% mexican

Jesus fucking christ this rails me in the ass to no end

You know, I was gonna give you the confederacy one, but if you're going to lump in the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki, which saved probably dozens if not hundreds of thousands of lives by avoiding an invasion of the Japanese homeland, with literal human enslavement then you're clearly either retarded or a troll.

>"T-there's more to Mexico than day of the dead and tacos you dumb gringo!"
>Every animated Mexican movie is about day of the dead, with at least two dozen mentions of tacos thrown in

IT doesnt even have to be a film, you have one mexican kid in a cartoon, they are guaranteed to eat a Burrito, nachos, or taco

Wew lad, a naval blockade would have been better along with the Russian invasion, if you think the bombings were the best alternative consider ending your life

I mean, at the very least BoL had some decent waifus.

Not a genocide.

To be fair WW2 era Japanese were basically subhuman monsters who made hardcore Nazi scientists look like Jesus by comparison

Who cares, user? If Mexico wants a say on the next war to save the world, let them send more than 300 idiots with 19th century rifles.

True.

is there a cartoon where the someone spanish ISNT mexican besides disney's princess sofia,

I remember when people were mad that the first disney princess associated with hispanics because she wasnt mexican

>300,000 people or more killed by the bombings
>tens of thousand of slaves killed during the civil war

Hmmmmmmmmm

You're an idiot. Read a fucking history book.

a movie about the aztecs doesn't have to be about the conquista

The military sure, but the civilians?

Nice debate, maybe you should read other historians too

>Sperg tells me to kill myself
>Tell them to get educated
>Implying I'm the asshole
Whew lad

>I do not understand the definition of genocide
A lot of people dying is not a genocide retard

Mexicans will yell about native indians and aztec whatever when it's convenient, but also get insulted if you call them indigenous

Still not a genocide.

You realize that genociding black people would be counterproductive to the idea of slavery, right?

I will give you a pass on the japanese because it was a war, but please explain me how killing slaves because they are niggers not a genocide

A genocide means completely eradicating a race of people from the earth, which is counterproductive to using the enslavement of that race for field work.

People were fighting for their freedom so their "masters" had to do something about that

Why would slave owners collectively band together to kill their own resource unanimously and systematically (if we ignore the huge expanse of land in which slave owners were scattered across), the resource in which a huge portion of wealth was invested into?

That vast majority of the civil war was white Americans fighting other white Americans.

Are... are you actually retarded user? Do you know literally anything about the civil war?

Why do mexicans complain about shallow appropriation of their culture instead of putting out their own animated theatrical movies to show everyone else how it's done, then?

If you think muricans are dumb, wait until you start moving south on the world map. Although, mexicans are probably geniuses compared to some of the worst parts of south america.

Because their culture actually IS shallow and get around proving otherwise by bitching about how other nations portray them.

Miguel is cute.

>not a pissy post about history or other people's cultures
reported

Yeah, they're from the subservient tribes that helped the Spanish overthrow the empire and got enslaved for it. Sucks that the noblemen got to keep their status and were considered on the same level as Spanish noblemen.

How is routinely killing Indians until the 20th century protesting that you stuck them in haciendas in debt slavery not a genocide?