W.I.T.C.H

What does Sup Forums think of it? I recently got into it after seeing a couple of issues at a friend's place and having a nostalgic blast from the past.
Been reading the comics and checking out the show, and I notice the show gave Caleb a lot more screentime and development, but also added a fucking Kender Scrappy as well.
Though, it also dropped the fucking Kandrakar scenes, and I have to admit I tended to flip through them in the comic.

Will is best girl.

I've never read the comic, is it worth it or is it for fans only?

I've read a few issues but never a complete storyline. It's okay I guess

I was only ever interested in the villains desu. The show was fun, and better than the comic I'd say. The pacing feels better. The comic is really hit or miss after the first storyline.

Also Cedric is even gayer in the comic than in the show, how is that even possible?

comics go to shit after the Ludmore Saga (the 5th arc i think )

I'm excited that they're bringing the comics back in America.
Also Cornelia is best girl.

I think it's a really good comic on its own merits.

>Characters actually act like reasonable people
>At the same time, they also have very human flaws and limitations
>Rarely shies away from surprisingly real shit, like pets getting ran over or parents divorcing
>Great variety of villains, from totally fucking evil to "just kind of a douchebag"
>Dialogue is usually written very well, even if the translation from Italian might be a little rough now and then
>Manages to make the everyday drama/slice of life stuff somehow a lot more compelling than fighting crazy fantasy monsters with airbending powers
>All-girl cast but no "point" is made of it, it's just kinda the story of a group of friends/sorta clique of friends who naturally band together in what I consider a believable way
>On that same note, the main cast has varying ethnicities, but none of them are very stereotypical
>Most characters have great chemistry
>They're allowed to actually act like teen girls
>Lot of romance stuff, but it's handled pretty well

Now, the comic's kind of not without fault obvs.

>The sections in Kandrakar drag on forever
>Villains can get a little one-note, silly or oblique with their motivations
>If you don't like slice-of-life, you're gonna have a bad time
>Fight scenes are a bit lacking now and then.

The show is, as points out, generally speaking pretty good.
It skips the parts in Kandrakar, but like I mentioned in the OP, it adds in a ugly, unfunny, scene-stealing shitgoblin Scrappy-type character who acts like the worst parts of a Kender and a jew.
It does give Caleb, one of the story's heartthrobs, a lot more development, though his "your earth culture is weird" might grate a little.
Other than that, it's like watching the comics through a game of Telephone.

Cedric is super gay, but I'm kinda gay for snekboi so it's all good.

Sheeiiit, they're coming back?
Cornelia is not as good a girl as she thinks, but pretty gud.

I loved the comics until Rangorlang started. Issue 50 makes the perfect place to stop reading.

New Power ruined the premise.

I couldn't stand the show (Irma, who is my favourite, had a horrible voice - also don't appreciate Weisman declaring her gay after the fact).

Admittedly, having hindsight of the comic plot, they were able to better develop or give depth to some characters.

But it was not enough to win me over. The show never captured the charm that drew me to the franchise.

>Sheeiiit, they're coming back?
Yes and by Yen press

I'm admittedly at issue 30-something at the moment, maybe I'll have disappointments in my future.

The show had horrible voices for them all IMHO.

>Irma declared gay
What. That makes no fucking sense.

>that feeling when I recently bought about 20 hardbacks WITCH books

Going around the con with several kilos worth of WITCH stuff was an experience.

It's Greg Weisman. A character coming out of the closet after the show gets cancelled is his M.O.

Admittedly, Irma is incredibly touchy with the girls even in the comics, specially where Corny is concerned.

I suppose Weisman argued her boy craziness was being deep in the closet.

Except her interest in boys never comes across as not genuine.

I forget, who's this Greg Weisman fuck again? And what's he got to do with WITCH?

And sure Irma's a bit touchy-feely, but some people are like that and automatically taking that to mean she wants to bang is ludicrous.
Plus, like you said, her boy craziness never comes across as not genuine.

Well, consider me reasonably optimistic!

Also, out of curiosity, I went to the wiki the other day and looked at what they had to say about the girls, and apparently Will is mixed race, but they never say what kind, and her parents look more or less like I'd expect regular European white/mediterrenean people to look like, anyone know what the deal's there?
Plus, stupid as it sounds, Taranee, while half black, half asian, looks fully black. Not something worth making anything of, it just got the 'ol noggin' a joggin'.

Greg Weisman was the story guy in the second season.

He's a great storyteller, and the complex, engaging plot of Nerissa in the show is his doing.

I don't really cared because it meant even less of the girl troubles that I liked from the comics.

I hope they don't plan to incorporate em to the Marvel-verse, it would be too cringy

I had to admit the second season was a lot better that the first, excluding the last episodes where everyone had a secret plan and was pulling the strings. Felt more like a parody that anything else.

He only worked in the animated series does he really has any saying on the sexual preference of the characters?

>Also Cornelia is best girl.
Orube > Will > Cornelia
Also Cornelia was a coal burner

>apparently Will is mixed race,
Will mother is definitely not white, and will father is Norman Osborn

>tfw I bought the issues to the entire first major story arc of WITCH when it came out and half of the second
>tfw always felt super weird when the book had all those fashion tips and teenage-girl content

I remember it being pretty cool. It had a great art style, good characters and a good story. But I also remember a point where it became kinda boring, so if nothing else, I recommend the two story arcs, the ones that the TV show adapted into its first and second seasons.

Also, all those panels with them transforming really did things to muh dick, back in the day...

>Also Cornelia was a coal burner
So? He was better for her than Caleb was.

winx club is better

My favorite ark was the one where their magic clones became selfaware and ran away to another city. I liked it bacouse it put the caracters in a new situation even if they where not the real girls.

no

yes

Seriously, Peter was a great boyfriend.

All of the boyfriends were surprisingly good characters.

Stephen can die in a fire, though.

The bois of WITCH were pretty top tier, and I did like Caleb when he was allowed to have any characterization beyond "Corny's fantasy prince crush"

Okay.

Peter was actually factually great

>tfw I bought the issues to the entire first major story arc of WITCH when it came out and half of the second
>tfw always felt super weird when the book had all those fashion tips and teenage-girl content

You and me both buddy. I still liked taking those trashy personality tests

Wait, they're owned by Marvel?

>official translation incoming
Fuck yes. They better fucking do all 139 issues, I don't want to read the shit scanlation if I can avoid it.

>and I did like Caleb when he was allowed to have any characterization beyond "Corny's fantasy prince crush"

Honestly, I could never let go of of the hypocresy of shutting down Corny for her age, and then getting in Elyon's pants.