So what's gonna be the deal with this film? How do you build a franchise around Ant-Man?

So what's gonna be the deal with this film? How do you build a franchise around Ant-Man?

Why don't you look up the info from the SDCC panel? You found the poster just fine.

Gee, I dunno. It's not like there are over 50 years of comics to draw from. How could they possibly come up with ideas?

So since the Infinity War poster has no ANTS, and his movie comes out between IW and A4,
my theory is that Ant Man and Wasp takes place before Infinity War, and ends with them getting stuck in the subatomic world, and stay stuck for Infinity War

A4 has a scene of Ant Man and Wasp breaking out during a critical moment in the battle with Thanos
Or IW ends with Thanos assembling the gauntlet and finger snapping everyone out of existence, and capturing the Avengers, with Ant Man and Wasp breaking free during the post credits scene, essentially being some of the last surviors, and the beginning of A4 is them somehow saving the heroes
Letting him have a huge hero moment would be a good trade off for not being in the first movie

>since the Infinity War poster has no ANTS
Look again.

You saw an edit.

I think ANTS will also be the ones to rescue Captain Marvel, from where ever she is, especially if they're dimension hopping.

Sucks that Hank won't have a chance to slap Tonys shit though, A4 will probably be too busy

It's all about speculative fiction/ action/ and reality altering science.

The first movie was about the dangers of the Pym Particle being used irresponsibly or for evil. "Change the texture of reality" Hank Pym says.

The second movie's bad guy is Ghost, who can become intangible and weightless. She can alter her molecular density to basically become a ghost.

This could be they Pym particle being used in a different way, rather then changing the distance in all the atoms to make something smaller or bigger, it changes the distances without changing size, allowing the atoms to move through other atoms.

Or it's a different technology all together.

But again, its about dealing with technologies that could destroy society if they're used irresponsibly.

>50 years of comics
I'm a big Ant-Man fan, but they have the least amount of solo material of any superhero with a solo MCU entry. There's the Tales to Astonish run, the Marvel Feature run of seven issues, the Marvel Premiere arc, Irredeemable, Spencer's run, a mini, and two graphic novels. Added up, that only makes about four years or so of a monthly comic book.

They're even drawing from Iron Man's comics because Cross's company was only in an Ant-Man issue for two stories. It's closer linked to Iron Man than it is with Ant-Man.

Which makes Carol Danvers and the Inhumans' prefrential treatment, where Marvel's trying to build a library of volumes for their movies (or movie and the TV show now that Ike's plan failed) annoying, since Ant-Man got one chance at a solo book, it got rebooted and sales cut in half, and then shitcanned.

They're even stealing another Iron-Man villain for Ant-Man and Wasp, since Goggins is playing Ghost

Yeah. I'd say the blame falls on Marvel's shoulders, though. Ant-Man's gotten fucked over notoriously over the years. Between Lang getting killed by Bendis's hateboner, Pym being Pym, and Eric getting cancelled and killed off later on.

Clearly this series is set around heiats and corporate/neo capitalist villains. That seems to be the theme here.

Heists***

>, since Goggins is playing Ghost
Double check your source.

I wish people would stop acting like the well of comics is that deep. Most stories are just retelling of the ones we already got. How many Dark Phoenix stories have we gotten? Or Doc Ock stories? Or stories that exist solely to set up future stories? Or outright bad ones?

I'm tired of people acting like comics are this infinite well when they are a lot more shallow than you realize.

You honestly don't see the wealth of metatextual meaning that comic book mythology provides as a whole? Why are you even here?

The subtitle of this movie should be "quest for the avengers 4 mcguffin"

Since Iron Man stole Ultron, it's fair.

Ghost is a great villain. And even better it will be a Ghost girl.

this is a pretty good answer and while I find the plot topic intriguing, and I would pay to see it, I can only be hopeful that other common viewers would want to see it too.

The franchise is built around legacies, family and redemption.

Scott being a former criminal and relative irresponsible father finds redemption in being Ant-Man; Hank redeems himself for his past mistakes and for being a super irresponsible father with tons of baggage and closed off emotions.

Plus, he's one of the few heroes who doesn't just have supporting characters, he's got an actual, living family that he actively supports, as does Hope, something that very few if any of the other Avengers have.

Scott is about as close to ground level as the MCU is going to get because he's probably the most grounded hero they've got. There is some throwaway line in a deleted scene about him being able to deduce code faster than the machine could randomly generate it, but Scott is the most "average" hero out of all of them.

I think between the grounded-ness of Scott, plus the family/legacy angle with Hope and Hank, you've got a franchise that can explore a different side of the MCU.