Sony utterly BTFO

Sony utterly BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_angry_birds_movie
youtube.com/watch?v=WVX31TLzja4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked it better when we called them emoticons.

How did you get out of the nursing home?

Did anyone actually expect this to do well?

emoticons are technically different.
they're really just ascii faces, not single characters.

I expect bad reviews, but to perform decently at the box office.

I remember the icons being called emoticons. That's what they were, on things like AIM or ICQ. Icons. With emotions.

This is exactly what they wanted and you're all falling for it.

People are going to go see this out of bile interest.

They paid for a movie IP nobody would want, made a low-budget animated movie, and are praying for those rotten scores to pile in, because they realized people are much happier circlejerking about how much they hate something than they are when seeing something they actually enjoy.

i misread that as "new animated failure"
not too far fetched tho

The distinction is probably new, then.
I just figured the term 'emoji' came with the new rollout of this kind of shit, but then I don't pay much attention to it.
I use 'emoticon', anyway.

Emoticons on AIM were when you typed in an ASCII string, it would automatically display it as a small image.

Emojis are actual literal characters.

Emoticon = the characters for colon, carrot, and closed parentheses when in sequence are replaced with an image of a smug face
Emoji = an image of a smug face literally IS a character, just like letters, numbers and punctuation in a font.

>I liked it better when we called them emoticons.

The word doesn't even have anything to do with emotions or emoticons, "emoji" it's a Japanese concept that existed since the 90's when their cellphones were some alien tech compared to the rest of the world's cellphones only it got popular very recently in the west

>Originally meaning pictograph, the word emoji comes from Japanese e (絵, "picture") + moji (文字, "character"). The resemblance to the English words emotion and emoticon is purely coincidental.

Ironic memers didn't help delgo when it was in theaters.

>People are going to go see this out of bile interest.
That's what they said about NuGhostbusters too. And look how hard that bombed.

The fact that emojis are glyphs instead of inline images isn't really important. Emojis became ubiquitous because they're a part of unicode, read: cross platform

You're the same person who thought people would see Snakes on a Plane because it kept getting memed, aren't you.

>THIS MOVIE IS SHIT! it's one of the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever seen and I really hope anyone involved in this miscarriage of a movie suffers a painful and excruciating death..... I can only give it a 8/10

t. IGN

Different age and different situation. People looked at Delgo and just went "wtf". With Emoji Movie people from day one have been all over social media going "wow how are they even gonna make a movie out of that?!"

Ghostbusters was also different: high-budget, Sony thought it would succeed purely on being a brand people remembered, and when they realized it was too broken to fix they went all in on the social media outrage.

Though I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ghostbusters was literally a Producers-style scam, I think its awfulness was a genuine accident.

Didn't Delgo become ironically memed after it bombed?

Yeah, "any publicity is good publicity" doesn't really work nowadays. Most people will stay away, expect a tiny minority who watches literally every single shit, including Norm of the North and Alpha and Omega.

Snakes on a Plane didn't get meme'd till it had been in theaters a bit, and it's continued to have way better DVD sales than it deserves solely because of the memes. It was a "big" budget version of Sharknado: do something outrageously stupid for very little money, hope enough people come see it as a joke to overcome the small production budget, and even if they don't you get to launder a couple dozen thousand dollars worth of cocaine money.

I liked them when they were called smileys.

This

>Snakes on a Plane didn't get meme'd till it had been in theaters a bit,

Wrong

That's probably an 8/100 user

>people are going to watch it because it's bad

That's what pirating is for.

>Snakes on a Plane didn't get meme'd till it had been in theaters a bit
You were a toddler when that movie came out, weren't you?

I get the impression you have no idea what you're talking about.

I had just started college which to be fair were the most unsocial years of my life, so forgive me if it's inaccurate. I only saw people on message boards talking about it, not on Facebook, so I figured it was an in-joke gif fodder movie.

Back in your grave, you wretched pile of bones.

really joggin muh noggin

emoticons are another thing. You're thinking of smileys

I was waiting for that movie to come out for 6 months.

Hope it dies a horrible death just like boss baby.

It will always be emoticons to me, not some apple sucking shit emojis.

really crackin mah nackin

Is that 8/10 or 8/100?

:)

Boss Baby was successful though

I was expecting a 30-40. Definitely not an 8/100.

>it's 8 out of a 100
L M A O

umm no sweetie

>bile interest
English better

I'd say that was true if this wasn't Sony

Executive management of their film department is truly incompetent and out of touch

You left it at 0% in the upper-left corner, under "opening".

Didn't Boss Baby make a ton of money?

From what i undertand Sony dosen't care how bad this movie do, because they're just made for publicity placement, they win more with the products the adversity in this movie than the movie itself and thats why they don't care about the quality and reviews

See, this is the kind of hyperbolic shit I think they're counting on. People screaming about how this dumb movie is the worst thing ever created.

In my memory the last movie I can recall people being this crazy about from day one is Transformers 4, though obviously the success of that had nothing to do with reviews. I literally remember entire articles about how "critics are out of touch with modern audiences".

Sorry, meant bile fascination.

That is the other theory, and would make sense after reading that Sony exec's (Amy Pascal I think?) "ideas" for Spider-Man with the Instagram and EDM. Could definitely see that being the case.

>Boss Baby
>dead
There's a sequel in production m8.

>The Poochie of movies

Emoticons are ":^)" ";-;" "^u^" "D:"

Emojis are the pictures of the faces

But so is the first set

>inb4 people all over the world travel to their local cinemas to watch it ironically/out of morbid curiosity which ends up making it one of the highest grossing movies of the year
>Sony spawns sequels that are as useless and bizarre and just as popular

>that filename
Holy shit, you managed to sidestep the "no emojis reee" policy on Sup Forums

Are you brad jones

>movie is shit
>rating in the top corner is an 8

I'm sure I'm just overreacting and it's an 8 out of 100

but i feel like i see to many reviews that trash something olny to give it an 7 or 8 out of 10 as a score

I have never used an emojii in my life and the only people I know who do use them are a couple gay guys I follow on twitter.

Just like Sharknado

Sharknado is great though

Who wants to bet that it's not actually that terrible ? The "end of cinema", as they call it.
I mean it probably is really fucking bad, it's Sony making a movie about emojis, but is it really that bad ?

Everyone thought Angry Birds was going to be a crock of shit and said it would be "the end of cinema" and it turned out to be actually pretty good. People gave it negative reviews without even watching it.

Really activates the 'ol almonds, huh?

Does that mean the correct pronunciation is "eh-moh-jee" instead of "ee-moh-jee"?

in the past Emoji was a name reserved for a style of unicode faces and shit that was really popular in japan, while the shit like XD and :D were emotes or emoticons.

what have you done

I thought they were emotes?

In the movie they address the existence of emoticons and they're sideways :-)

Really gets that noggin joggin.

This is my new fetish.

So did I

>That 0%
Next time try harder sempai

Well guess what, smart guy, if you type in ':)' into your phone, you get one of those fucking yellow faced icons.

at least you tried honey

i liked them when they were called hieroglyphs

Shota Poop Jr. when?

The drawn/animated pictures of faces on MSN Messenger and other websites were also called Emoticons.

There is no way people at enough part of the planning process thought this was a good idea. Nobody is that dumb.

This is a money laundering scheme to hide profits from selling endangered animals or child sex slaves or whatever Hollywood is doing these days. They came up with an awful topical idea, hired a jaded writer, and are gonna file the drug/traficking money in the proceeds

Prove me the fuck wrong

>mfw I was holding out some hope they would pull off a Lego Movie and take what seemed like a soulless corporate concept and turn it into an amazing movie

Welp, so much for that. Lego Movie taught me not to just dismiss this kind of thing and assume it will suck, but turns out it's sometimes correct to be cynical.

What would've been even funnier is that you change all the other movies to 0 percent as well.

:3c OWO whats this??

Yet, I don't think people will even give a shit.

I think it's been pretty clear that hundreds of people are refusing to see this movie, ever since the teaser came out.

Now that they have other people to confirm their fears, they'll never see it and Sony will suffer under the "Low Studio Expectations" category.

And easily accessible, that was a TV movie.

I hate the fact you people just rip apart this movie because it's not edgy or violent but a colorful family film

IGN gave it a 4.5

> expect a tiny minority who watches literally every single shit, including Norm of the North and Alpha and Omega.

You mean Critics.

>$0.01 has been deposited into your account.

>the correct pronunciation is "eh-moh-jee"
Its always been this, but I guess it could depend on where you are and how emote is usually pronounced. I say "eh-mote"

>using the emoticon with the carat nose

You're retarded, marketer-kun, Sup Forums loves plenty or colourful films for all ages. This one is just garbage.

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_angry_birds_movie

All critics: 44%
Audience score: 46%

You know it's bad when a McDonald's commercial is better
youtube.com/watch?v=WVX31TLzja4

This.

emojis aren't single characters. they are coded and it's compatible apps that replace them. Which is what many apps did with emoticons before emojis got trademarked for it.

Jesus christ, is there honest to god ANYTHING about this movie that isn't soulless? What a fucking waste of animating talent.

Don't go see this movie, guys, seriously. Just stay in and REFUSE to watch it. All the critics agree this is a BAD movie and you should NOT watch it.
If you're in the mood for a movie I would suggest you instead watch a quality movie like Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean or the excellent Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy 2, both of which are still on cinemas across the nation and are by far more deserving of your hard-earned cash than this garbage movie.

the yellow faces are smilleys.

Angry Birds got unjustly trashed by (((critics))) due to its powerful critique of the EU's refugee policies.