How would Sup Forums rank the Batman cartoons?

How would Sup Forums rank the Batman cartoons?

The Batman > everything else

I'm completely serious.

>Giant_Batman_peeking_over_mountains.jpg

Shit-tier:
>The New Batman Adventures
Watchable-tier:
>Beware The Batman
Good-tier:
>The Batman
Great-tier:
>Batman: The Brave and The Bold
>Batman: The Animated Series
Patrician-tier:
>Batman Beyond
Ascended-tier:
>The Adventures of Batman
>The New Adventures of Batman

>GOAT
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman:Brave and the Bold

>Good
>Beware the Batman
>Batman Beyond

Okay
>The Batman
>The New Batman Adventures

Shit
>Everything else

>Good episodes of BTAS
>Brave and the Bold
>Batman Beyond
>POWERGAP
>Lego Batman movie
>New Batman/Superman Adventures
>Good episodes of The Batman
>Beware The Batman
>Bad episodes of BTAS
>The rest of The Batman
>CBS Batman

Batman Beyond>Lego Batman>Batman: TAS>Brave and the Bold>The Batman>Beware the Batman

Supereme-tier
>Batman: The Animated Series

Shit-tier
>Every Batman cartoon that redesigned/reinvented classic characters like the Joker and Harley Quinn for fuck knows what reason. Basically all other Batman shows.

How do you separate The New Batman Adventures from Batman: The Animated Series? It was virtually the same show with slightly different character designs. WB even considers it the same show now, they released it on DVD as season 3 and 4 of BTAS.

>GOAT
Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: Brave and the Bold

>Good
Batman Beyond

>Watchable
Beware the Batman
The New Batman Adventures
The bes episodes of Teh Batman

>Shit
Most of Teh Batman

Brave and the Bold is easily the one who celebrates the Bat-mythos the most and it deserves a lot more recognition.

Fuck off TheBatmanfag

There is a writing shift, though very slight.

Glad to see people are starting to appreciate Brave and the Bold more.

The characterizations are slightly different. Dick is suddenly aloof and distant from Bruce. Bruce, who could be human and warm at times became a bitter asshole for no actual reason. Penguin is suddenly a semi-legitimate criminal, Mr. Freeze suddenly becomes a villain again after getting a happy ending in Sub Zero, Clayface becomes a petty criminal for NO RAISIN, etc.

Not to mention they dropped the anachronistic aesthetic of the series for a more bland, modernized look.

It might be part of the same continuity, but it's basically a different show in a lot of vital aspects.

>classic characters
>like Harley Quinn

nigger wat

>Penguin is suddenly a semi-legitimate criminal
I'm not defending the direction the series took on TNBA, but to be fair, Penguin going semi-legitimate is kind of what he does all the time in the comics. That's closer to what they wanted to do with him in the first place until Warner Bros made them use the Batman Returns design and make him closer to the movie version (which made them merge both versions together which was for the best). So there's a precedent for it.
The real problem is that they almost completely robbed him of his personality, gave him a design so bland that he seems like a background character, and ultimately relegated him to cameos in the Iceberg Lounge. SImilar to what the comics did, really.

You know, if there was any need to prove that this board is gay, its juge boner for Batman Beyond would be a good piece of evidence.

People shitting on The New Batman Adventures are forgetting about Mad Love.

I really like both designs. Left is obviously inspired by DeVito, but right is Silver Age. I can't decide, but I think I liked the tacky personality of left more.

wew lad

>>Batman: The Animated Series
>Batman cartoon that redesigned/reinvented classic characters
I see what you did there... I think.

It doesn't really look like Golden/Silver Age Penguin, if that's what they were going for.
Silver Age Penguin was still a colorful looking character with a thicker nose, more expressive eyes and mouth and fancier clothing. And, you know, he actually showed emotion. One of the reasons why I am so critical of TNBA Penguin is precisely because, if the intent was to bring Penguin closer to the Silver Age version (which I am very fond of), they did a lackluster job at it.

If TAS Penguin was modeled after Danny DeVito and Paul Williams, they could have made TNBA closer to Burgess Meredith, or the Richard Nixon caricature in Penguin Triumphant. Anything to at least give him a personality. The TAS design was so expressive and fun to look at. But then again all the characters in TNBA looked pretty lifeless and dull (Joker for example)

Physically, he resembles Golden/Silver Age Penguin more than left, is what I meant, I guess.

I kinda liked suave Penguin, but he definitely should have gotten some episodes.

Riddler literally got no episodes to himself, also. What the fuck?

Literally the only good episode. Everything else is either really bad, mediocre, or a rip-off from a better episode of B:TAS.

A lot of great Penguin stories like Penguin Triumphant or Odds Against use the premise of Oswald being semi-legit and Batman not being able to just kick his ass. It only upsets me further that they changed a great design to a lackluster one, and then they did nothing with it.
He has virtually no roles in TNBA. He makes a few cameos at best. The only major role he had was as the main villain in the Batwoman movie, and not only did the movie suck and hardly anyone watch it, but Paul Williams wasn't even voicing him.

>Riddler literally got no episodes to himself, also
Not only that but his new design was awful. I'm not opposed to the garish jumpsuit, but it looked terrible, next to the out of place derby and that weird eyeshadow. I don't even remember if he had any speaking lines. Mad Hatter got a similar problem too.
Which is a shame because the show had such fantastic takes on both The Riddler and the Mad Hatter, versions that really should have been used more often and incorporated into the comics, and in TNBA they crapped on the designs and reduced them to background characters

The biggest problems with TNBA is that they changed the aesthetic to be more anime-ish and modernized (which just made the show look simultaneously too cartoony and yet bland and dour to look at), stopped focusing on the Rogues and instead gave us more Batfamily drama.

There is something Jim Carrey-ish about that design. I'm not super opposed to it but I like BTAS's design better.

Also, I really missed the neo-40s noir of the BTAS, you're right.

There were a lot of other little details that BTAS got right that made it feel almost timeless despite the anachronistic setting. TNBA stripped almost all of them away and decided to try and push crap like Firefly on us, plus reversing The Joker's eyes and turning Killer Croc into a black guy with a skin condition that loves chicken is a pretty big case of WTF IMO.