Inferno Squad (Jul 25)
Doctor Aphra #10 (Jul 26)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/franchise/star_wars_saga
metacritic.com/search/movie/star wars/results
imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=star wars&s=all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Thrawn

We lost her too soon

Cooku for Dooku

but thats dash rendar

What is she, /swco/?

I prefer concept Rey's outfit to what we got. While still okay, the chosen outfit is too faux Jedi, right down to the flowy, silky tabbard

WHEN'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULS

Don't drag old arguments into a new thread.

My apologies. You are right, no point in the debate, and I dont want to set the tone for this thread with that.

>snoke edition
>pic related
kek

>people on /swco/ are so insecure with their opinions that they have to act like they're not in the minority
Look, this thread is comfy as fuck sometimes, but don't get buttblasted just because someone mentions that most people don't like the prequels.

You didn't hear?

Prove it, without anecdotes

>Snoke is actually just an old guy with dementia that the First Order uses as a figurehead and everyone just pretends to take orders from him
>Kylo is literally the only person in the entire organization who hasn't been told this

So he didn't learn his lesson from that first smelting accident, did he?

Oh, my, that robe is... unfortunate. That robe looks like a fancy dinner jacket or a cocktail dress.

This definitely looks like the face of someone who's been diddling Kylo since childhood.

He looks like he's just been asked about it
>Have you been molesting Ben Solo?
>N-no. Who told you that?

>Why don't you have a seat?
>No, this isn't what it looks like, I just came here to complete his training!

rottentomatoes.com/franchise/star_wars_saga

metacritic.com/search/movie/star wars/results

imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=star wars&s=all

>inb4 reviews and fan ratings don't count

People who hate or love to a fault are more likely to leave a rating, and it's chic to hate the prequels.

>online polls that can be manipulated and aren't reliable are somehow a reliable way to judge GA opinions, when most people aren't going to bother going to RT/metacritic/IMDb to leave a rating
>and are somehow a better source than someone who works at the company that makes Star Wars and would have access to the demographic data they have internally and hwo has proven himself to be someone who doesn't just blindly praise and defend everything his company makes

>provide evidence

>that evidence doesn't count for arbitrary reasons that I decided, even though I can't give any evidence to the contrary

Jesus Christ, how delusional are you?

>would have access to the demographic data they have internally
Exactly what data is this that he has? Lucasfilms magically knows the opinion of everyone who has seen the Star Wars movies?

Any data they have is from polls that they may have done in the past. Polls thats have not been cited.

So on one hand we have polls across all the movies where we can see they all have a considerable sample size (no reason to expect bias, though polls COULD be manipulated) vs the word of someone who does have a reason to be bias (he works at the company after all) who is getting his information from.... somewhere? He didnt cite where he got his results from so for all we know, the sample size could be 1/10 of the size which is coming from a poll that could also have been manipulated.

Ya choice one is a far better judge of the general audience opinions.

user, you need to prove that the GA hates the prequels.

Using a couple popular(and easily manipulated) websites on the internet does not constitute an accurate measurement for GA(I repeat, general audience) opinion

you'd need something like a detailed article collecting hundreds of thousands of tweets and facebook posts and instagram posts to get something more reliable

>the only proof I'll accept is something that's literally impossible to get
Oh, okay ... if that's all you want

Is the Poe comic worth reading?

Yeah it's good. A lot of people here don't seem to like it, but I'm not sure why. I think it's a lot more interesting than the original Vader run and Aphra.

If you like filler anime then yes.

>you'd need something like a detailed article collecting hundreds of thousands of tweets and facebook posts and instagram posts to get something more reliable
Oh and he can go around asking people for their opinions on all the movies... maybe a good 800,000 + people. He can ask them if they liked it or not and then make a percentage based off the number of people that did and didnt like it. He should probably than post his findings on sites that specialize in reviewing movies or something. Ideally with the reviews of the critics also so people can compare it all.

Not really. It has some neat moments here and there but a good 70% of it is a boring slog, largely because the comic does absolutely nothing to make Poe an interesting or dynamic character.

Is it space top gun?

Far from it. It's just Poe and his squad running errands and killing time. The original premise of the comic was that it would detail how Poe found Lor San Tekka, but it keeps going on unrelated tangents and every now and then reminding the reader what it's supposed to be about but then failing to get back on track. For most of the comic the villain Terex is much more interesting than Poe or his squad, but even he reached his limit.

>(and easily manipulated)
Why is this always the go-to way to deny the score on review sites?

Think about it a second...
-who are these people manipulating the scores or the star wars prequels?
-if it's OT purists, why is TFA so highly liked?
-if people love the prequels so much, why aren't they fervently manipulating the scores in the positive?
-how do these mass manipulators manage to keep things consistent?

What is he co?

Do you think it's just happenstance that "PT is disliked" is such a commonly said thing? There's a reason the PT gets shit on so much, even if it's exaggerated at times.

Trying to deny that is like telling someone who says "Godfather 1 and 2 are the best movies of all time" that it's a meme opinion. Sure, maybe it's overly parroted, but it has its basis in the fact that people generally agree that they're amazing movies.

What I meant to ask is if it's something spacefighter focused or if Poe is just doing the usual pulp hero stuff of running about and doing everything but piloting

>Exactly what data is this that he has? Lucasfilms magically knows the opinion of everyone who has seen the Star Wars movies?
You'd have to ask him for specifics, but my best guess is figures for sales of each movie(dvd/bluray/digital), merchandise sales of toys/shirts/etc from each era, and other similar things. You know, the kind of data a company would have to have to know what people want.

>Any data they have is from polls that they may have done in the past. Polls thats have not been cited.
that's making assumptions we simply cannot make given the information

>So on one hand we have polls across all the movies where we can see they all have a considerable sample size (no reason to expect bias, though polls COULD be manipulated) vs the word of someone who does have a reason to be bias (he works at the company after all) who is getting his information from.... somewhere?
We have a couple easily manipulable internet polls vs the word of someone at the company who has proven to be unbiased and who would have access to marketing data.

> He didnt cite where he got his results from so for all we know, the sample size could be 1/10 of the size which is coming from a poll that could also have been manipulated.
again, you can't make these assumptions

So you're admitting it's impossible to disprove Pablo's tweets?

>Why is this always the go-to way to deny the score on review sites?
Because it's true?

>Think about it a second...
>-who are these people manipulating the scores or the star wars prequels?
ot elitists

>-if it's OT purists, why is TFA so highly liked?
becuase, surprise surprise, a lot of OT purists liked TFA

>-if people love the prequels so much, why aren't they fervently manipulating the scores in the positive?
because normies aren't going to manipulate scores on an internet website

>-how do these mass manipulators manage to keep things consistent?
they don't

notice how widely varying the # of votes are on each film

>Do you think it's just happenstance that "PT is disliked" is such a commonly said thing? There's a reason the PT gets shit on so much, even if it's exaggerated at times.
Do you understand that internet culture favors bandwagoning, and that you can't properly judge opinion based on what people on the internet say?

I would wait until November when I suspect that it will finally catch up with TFA. It's boring as fuck as it's releasing because you have to wait a month for each issue but I imagine reading it all together right before TFA would be cool since the overall story shows how Poe tracked down Lorr San Tekka.

>What I meant to ask is if it's something spacefighter focused or if Poe is just doing the usual pulp hero stuff of running about and doing everything but piloting
A little of both, there's some piloting but mainly it's Poe fucking around doing the usual pulp hero stuff.

It sounds more interesting than it actually is.

shut the fuck up with this dumb tired argument and post shipfus

>(space) nazis in Antarctica

Shame I was hoping for mostly piloting and squadron life.

I also understand that I was around in 1999 when TPM came out and people were shitting on Jar Jar Binks, CGI, and young Anakin out the gate, far before internet culture was really a thing.

Personally, I liked the movie because I was 10 and it was fucking cool. But that didn't stop me from hearing people deride it.

>I also understand that I was around in 1999 when TPM came out and people were shitting on Jar Jar Binks, CGI, and young Anakin out the gate, far before internet culture was really a thing.
Plenty of people did the opposite too

Hold up - so your argument is that OT ELITISTS are maliciously effecting the ratings of the PT, yet they're similarly inflating the ratings of TFA?? In what world does that make sense?

> again, you can't make these assumptions
Yet here you are making a whole lot of assumptions with your claims that the votes are manipulated.

> notice how widely varying the # of votes are on each film

What exactly is your point here? The PT movie with the highest amount of RT votes is also the one with the highest rating. So, if anything, that shows that people are overvoting in the positive, not the negative.

>Plenty of people did the opposite too
Yeah sure ... of course they did. It was a popular movie; literally no one is denying that. But compared to the rest of the saga, people almost universally agreed that they weren't up to snuff. Do you really think the negative opinions are entirely a result of internet bandwagons?

>Hold up - so your argument is that OT ELITISTS are maliciously effecting the ratings of the PT, yet they're similarly inflating the ratings of TFA?? In what world does that make sense?
This one.

>Yet here you are making a whole lot of assumptions with your claims that the votes are manipulated.
I said they could be.

I've also stated MULTIPLE times that internet polls are not an accurate measurement for the opinions of the general audience

>What exactly is your point here? The PT movie with the highest amount of RT votes is also the one with the highest rating. So, if anything, that shows that people are overvoting in the positive, not the negative.
can you really claim that Rotten Tomatoes is an accurate source when TFA has ~200,000 votes but ROTS has 33 million?

>Yeah sure ... of course they did. It was a popular movie; literally no one is denying that.
You are

> But compared to the rest of the saga, people almost universally agreed that they weren't up to snuff.
Still need a source.

>Do you really think the negative opinions are entirely a result of internet bandwagons?
Did I say that? I don't recall typing those words.

Fuck off. /swco/ is literally the only place to talk about Lucas/the PT positively. Go to Sup Forums or 995 of any Star Wars forum if you want to bash them. Go watch documentaries or RLM reviews if you dislike them so much, instead of ruining the one place that appreciates them.

Can we establish it right now that the Jedi / Sith aspect of Star Wars is the weakest and most boring fucking thing about the entire series, and it needs to stop focusing on them?

>99% of the time it's a generic good vs evil story.
>gets too much attention because it turned Star Wars from generic fantasy with a coat of space paint into anime where bigger power levels (aka midichlorians) made for bigger fights, resulting in The Force Unleashed where the edgy OC character fights all the OT cast because fuck it.
>Jedi consist of emotionless assholes or just plain assholes, Sith consist of assholes who go around being smug all the time, and just plain evil.
>The only parts where Jedi / Sith are interesting is when the Jedi / Sith aspect isn't being focused on, Luke & Vader is only interesting because of the Father Son aspect, not the Jedi Sith aspect.
>Literally every other part of the series is great. Clones are great, Bounty Hunters are great, Smugglers are great, the Rebellion is great, the Empire is great, everything EXPECT the stupid magic shit is great.
>Every movie ever will have to involve the force somehow to pander to brainless consumers who only know star wars because LIGHTSABERS and FORCE PUSHES.

There's a difference between talking about it positively and denying that they have flaws or that it's a minority opinion. Find one post in this thread that bashes the prequels, I dare you.

This is one of the few places I can actually talk about how much I admire Lucas and his ideas. He's misunderstood, and doesn't really deserve all the hate

user, listen to yourself. Do you know what you sound like? You sound like the Snyderfags. Is that really the company you want to be in?

>You are
Except in that sentence, I said it was popular.

>Did I say that? I don't recall typing those words.
Strange comment after you just put words in my mouth. And maybe you didn't say it exactly, but you (or someone whose conversation you jumped in... this is an anonymous board) attributed opinions to internet bandwagoning here >Still need a source.
You've already proven that no source exists that would be acceptable.

i love golddddddddd

>99% of the time it's a generic good vs evil story.
Because nothing says sophisticated sci-fi like Star Wars. You're in the wrong franchise.
>gets too much attention because it turned Star Wars from generic fantasy with a coat of space paint into anime where bigger power levels (aka midichlorians) made for bigger fights, resulting in The Force Unleashed where the edgy OC character fights all the OT cast because fuck it.
Example of this outside of fucking videogames? And midichlorians aren't power levels, go away RLM. That's like saying White bloo cells are powerlevels>The only parts where Jedi / Sith are interesting is when the Jedi / Sith aspect isn't being focused on, Luke & Vader is only interesting because of the Father Son aspect, not the Jedi Sith aspect.
Boy, it's a good thing That's the main story of Star Wars then.

>GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE

>Sup Forums meme
FUCK
OFF
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Before the EU wipe Midichlorians basically were power levels, look up all the powers Luke had in the original EU. He was basically god at that point, the guy could kill people with his BRAIN.

Also it's fine for the movies but then when you leave the PT / OT it just becomes a wash of boring jedi shit. The Force Awakens is boring because of it.

>Every movie ever will have to involve the force somehow to pander to brainless consumers who only know star wars because LIGHTSABERS and FORCE PUSHES
This is like saying the next Fast and Furious movie shouldn't have any cars in it. The Force is the whole fucking thing when it comes to Star Wars.

How would you feel if you couldn't talk about your favorite film without being shat on or having your conversation geared to having to defend it. And then in the ONE place you can actually discuss it, it gets brigaded daily and all conversations about the film devolved into defending/attacking it.

>Before the EU wipe
Why are you bringing up non-canon material? to make a point It's non-canon.

>The Force Awakens is boring because of it.
The Force Awakens is boring because J.J. is a hack who just rereleased A New Hope.

I bet he was a 1313 fag too.

Then fucking talk about your movie. The PT gets talked about in a positive light here all the fucking time. I was simply responding to a conversation at the end of the previous thread (I know, it's a no-no, but so what) that asserted the GA sees the PT in a higher light than the OT, which isn't even remotely true.

>Before the EU wipe Midichlorians basically were power levels
and now it's not canon. Your point?

I fucking NEED Luke to pull one out of orbit.

Fuck of I just want spaces wizards to do epic wizard shit.

God how long do I need to wait for a live action adaptation of "Autistic min-max D&D characters do battle" and you might think I'm being insulting but I unironically need that shit.

/ourguy/

Luke was ALWAYS meant to be the strongest Jedi ever. You can't blame Lucas for telling writers to keep that consistent.

Blame the writers of the non-Luke stories for trying to wank Jedi/Sith thinking that it was allowable for someone to seem stronger than Luke.

Why does Luke need to be a force god/starkiller again? I never understood that.

>tfw Snoke is the last Jedi

I assume you are a fan of the Tales of the Jedi comics.

idk who that guy is, but did he just crash two stars together to stop 2 spaceships?

Then don't drag shit into the new thread you dumbass. You've singlehandedly ruined this thread. Go play in traffic.

Let's try a new topic...

Does anyone play Galaxy of Heroes? My friend just got me started this week, and it's actually a lot better than I expected.

Kung Pow confirmed canon?

Yes.

People never bat an eye at the retarded power levels of shit in stuff like 40k, but suddenly when it's Star Wars people pop a fucking nerve.

And we're on fucking CO of all places a place that should fundamentally understand that higher powerlevels don't create a badstory.

A lot of us used to. It's fun for a while but you eventually get to a point where it's just grindy as fuck with very little reward.

I miss Aresko

You know what's really difficult? Ignoring the reply button. I can't singlehandedly ruin a thread when there are multiple people in a conversation. You don't wanna talk about it? Don't talk about it. It was a conversation I felt like having.

You want a new conversation? How 'bout you actually try to start one?

I was talking about what I wanted to talk about ... what's your excuse?

No they induced a solar flare via manipulating the gas exchange via the force.

Yeah, I can already see that coming. Luckily I had just hit that plateau point in another game, so I needed something else to waste my time with.

My big complaint so far is how much it limits play for free users. I mean, I guess it stops me from wasting TOO much time, but still.