What did you personally consider the best moment in Avatar?

What did you personally consider the best moment in Avatar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIXNOQ8ej9c
youtube.com/watch?v=StrbppmsZJw&feature=youtu.be&t=302
youtu.be/yGx6VeVdw7A
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bUs3iAuEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oS8aN4C0C_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When Sozin started a pogrom against the homosexuals

When Zuko got cucked

Iroh breaking out of prison gave me chills.

Zuko reuniting with Iroh was pretty great.

This too.

When Toph learned to metalbend. Probably her finest hour, it was fucking rad.

runner up

i came here to post the same....yeah Toph metalbending was fucking amazing

The lol so random episode, i love when a character dont sleep and things go wrong

leaves from the vine

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=UIXNOQ8ej9c

Worst girl and blood bending is shit.

Leaves from the vine

Zuko on the mountain top in the lightning storm. That was when he became my favorite character in the series.

Iroh's story in Tales of BaSingSe is probably the most memorable for obvious reasons

also that moment where Katara stops the rain when threatening to kill that one guy was pretty neat

No sleep you say?

Shhhhhh....

Ty Lee on the beach

Don't judge me. I was the horniest child.

I live in a military family.
This kills me every time

I wasn't on Sup Forums when Season 2 was first airing
Were there even livethreads for Avatar at that point? I assume yes, but you never know

When Katara called her brother "sexist". Because there certainly was a word like that in southern Water Tribe.

When Aang got his bitch ass dropped in Ba Sing Se by the undisputed best girl of the show

>inb4 scrapper, people can like azula and not be completely autistic like him

Birds of a feather, user. Keep it in your pants.

This majestic creature

You posted it, OP. The whole Dancing Dragon sequence was just great.

On that note, "super convenient magic water that cures death" was my most disliked moment. Sure, kids' show, main character can't die mid-series, but that shit was just weak.

Well, he wasnt dead, he was just almost dead. Magic rock hitting him in the back was an asspull though

>Magic rock hitting him in the back was an asspull though
This was the one that really got me. To unlock his chakra he had to let go of Katara. Then suddenly rock.

I feel like it's that PLUS the Lion Turtle PLUS energybending PLUS Katara bullshitting her way into the Zuko/Azula fight, that brings down the finale. One asspull would be fine, but there's multiple asspulls in Sozin's Comet. It's just too much.

He unlocked his chakras at the end of book 2. The block he had in book 3 was only physical.

>he wasnt dead
>show the Avatar line fading
>show the spirit version of him in the sky disappearing and him falling
>he says he was gone to Katara when he recovers enough back on the ship
He was dead, Jim.

I've always had a soft spot for Agni Kai, first with Zhao and later Azula.
The second one, though, will always strike me as the best actual bending moment in Avatar. There are other moments that I say I liked better, but not even the final showdown with Ozai is as good as the Azula Agni Kai. Something about the muted sounds with massive pillars of flames scored by that melody is just eternally captivating.

Zuko was always my favorite, so that might have something to do with it.

Absolutely my man. Zuko was the best character in the show and finally showing him duking it out with his sister was amazing. Especially amped up on comet juice.

If only Katara wasn't there.

>Zuko was the best character in the show
you misspelled Iroh

The whole Lake Laogai arc. You've been thinking of the Earth Kingdom as the benevolent good guy only to realize it's an authoritarian absolutist monarchy literally gaslighting people.

>implying that wasn't obvious the moment they stepped foot into Ba Sing Se proper

Why did the writing for Korra regress on saying the word "kill"? I recall them tossing the word around a lot during ATLA, but for Korra and this scene specifically they just kept saying that the Earth Queen was "taken out".

>implying that isn't part of the lake Laogai arc.

>You're not very bright are you
that delivery was top notch

Fuck me I can still hear the music now

R.I.P. Mako

Leaves from the vine falling so slow, like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam. Little soldier boy come marching home. Brave soldier boy comes marching home. ;_;

That moment when Sokka & Toph are dangling for their lives off of the airship and are about to fall. Thought at least one of them was going to bite it for a minute after Sokka had to sacrifice both Space Sword & Boomerang to save them, two items that were very personal and close to him (then the comics just gave him a new boomerang out of nowhere...fucking hacks).

It also demonstrated how far Sokka had come as a warrior. His first fight ends with him completely humiliated and here he's fighting like a boss.
Great moment.

When sokka drank the cactus juice.

Probably the sequence where the Avatar crew break into the Earth Palace. Just very nice use of the bending mechanics. Earth bending was always my favorite, visually.

The fire scene in "The Beach", so much characterization, only retards who did not understood that scene hate Azula

And apparently only illiterate faggots like her

IT'LL QUENCH YA

IT'S THE QUENCHIEST

The "natural curiosity" for cave slime was the best bit of his drug trip.

I only remember one scene from the entire series, and that's when they had a meme-off or something and this one guy freestyles all over their asses.

Probably the finale of Book 2 when aang gets struck down by Azula, its so unexpected as well as showing that Aang even in his most powerful state can be hurt and that if the gang is gonna try to change the world theyre going to get hurt. It showed zuko after his whole self journey still sides with Azula and his fathers loyalty even over Iroh.

The scene where Aang unlocks his heart chakra youtube.com/watch?v=StrbppmsZJw&feature=youtu.be&t=302 really powerful how they visualized aang's people disappearing and that he really is the last of his culture. that scene really stuck with me when I first saw it as a kid and affected me emotionally. coupled with the music it's my probably my favorite moment of this series.

When azula tries to get her brother to fuck her

I wanted to see the two sibling face each others, but frankly the music and the composition in that scene are just amazing.

>It showed zuko after his whole self journey still sides with Azula and his fathers loyalty even over Iroh.
Worst moment in the series

youtu.be/yGx6VeVdw7A

The scene where Zuko confronts his father is one of the most satisfying and best written scenes in the show. Every time he says "I'm going to jpin the avatar ", I get chills.

this

The best thing about that is the fact that Zuko didn't chose a shit-tier girl.

This.

That episode where Azula and Katara sneaking away to make out. How did they got away with that in a kids show?

Got a link to that one? I missed it while it was airing.

This

...You know, I can actually believe this happened considering Azula is fucking crazy and I was literally seven around when Avatar started so I couldn't tell just what was happening.

Honestly, I liked that episode too. It just felt natural despite what says. Because, there is a great build up to them sitting around the fire, as all four of the characters having been getting under each other's skin throughout the episode, for multiple reasons. When they finally air their bullshit to each other, it feels natural, rather than forced.

Zuko's breakdown made me sympathetic to him again after his fuck up in the season 2 finale.

I'd believe it. Zuko is hot.

I never quite understood the idea of needing to justify one's preferences in terms of favorite character by pointing to their sad backstory. Sure, there are external factors and circumstances that led to Azula becoming an evil bitch, but at the end of the day, she's still just that. And can't a guy just like an evil bitch the way she is?

Besides, if we're mining for pity points, the way the same episode depicted how she was pretty much incapable of interacting with people like a normal person was much more poignant than the mommy issues (not to mention pretty funny at the same time).

Didn't she bring up some weird naval military shit to compliment a guy playing volleyball? That was a really good moment.

Mom's spaghetti, it's ready:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-bUs3iAuEQ

And that wasn't even her most autistic moment:
youtube.com/watch?v=oS8aN4C0C_U

Really, she just can't function outside of conquering cities and terrorizing people.

I forgot how adorably creepy she is.

Is this why she was so evil? She never got laid?

today you couldnt make a character like iroh without tumblr complaining that all soldiers are white supremacy and welfare queens and this and that and its all unacceptable

Too bad that he never learned how to shoot lightning after that episode

I'd say his character arc was enhanced by never mastering it

I enjoyed when Iroh and the white lotus took over the city. Iroh being absolutely beastly was amazing

I was going to post this, the sound design and the amazing visuals make it the most kino moment of the series.

For action, the Seige of Ba Sing Se. For emotion, Iroh hugging Zuko while in prison.

the ending of Zuko alone. such a good episode

ATLA hardly ever said the word either, in Sozin's Comet and Southern Raiders (two episodes that revolve entirely about killing) the only times the word is said is "I know who killed your mother" and "I have to kill the Fire Lord"

For the rest of the episodes is just "take life" "end" and "take out".

I guess Nick censors only allow certain words once per episode

The fight between Zhuko and Azula.
Hands down.

I hated the scene for wasting what could have been a fantastic moment in Zuko and Azula's relationship by having Mai and Ty Lee whine about their rich girl problems.

I would have liked it a lot more if it hadn't been for the "Katara is the only person I love as much as I loved my dead people", even though I guess it's to build up the letting go part that never really pays off.

That scene really shits a bit on Appa, Momo, Sokka and Toph.

The whole point about why he couldn't into lightning was because of his mental turmoil, not because of lack of potential.

He should have been able to do it after getting his shit together.

Sup Forums is a relatively young board, I don't think it was alive when season 2 was airing, maybe book 3

As far as Avatar asspullls go this one wasn't all that bad. It was at lease built up on multiple ocassions

Yeah, we see where it came from and how important it is at the end of Season 1, then at the beginning of Season 2 she's given it and it's then mentioned again specifically towards the end of Season 2 when Katara offers to heal Zuko's scars letting us know it can potentially heal normally unhealable things.

It's got enough build up.

>Katara offers to heal Zuko's scars
>We're not in the timeline where she does it

If this isn't your answer, you need to re watch the show.

was forced af

Katara's last battle with Azula was good

>it's the same shit get posted every thread avatar general

Seriously you guys are brain dead.

Why do you think? She was only trained to be a soldier and nothing else. She had shit parents and needs to be taught how to be human.

When Zuko went on that date with the girl with the huge tits

Because DAMN

Everything finale. I don't care about "convenience", everything from the moment the comet arrives onwards was one hype moment after the other.
Also, Bumi escaping during the day of the black sun.

calm the fuck down

>Implying Zuko had his shit together by the end of the series

YOU!
I like you. gj.

Zuko Alone. From having his own ship and resources, to just Iroh, and then just an ornery ostrich horse was one tumble after another.

The scene where he's buying feed and rice, then realizing he doesn't have money for both and just buys feed let's you know it's as close to the bottom they can show without him eating slop out of a rooster-pig's slop bin.

Azula killing Aang.