Insightful Marvel stories

Does marvel have a house of mysteries equivalent? Gaiman Sandman? Moore's swamp thing?

Or most marvel fags here never read anything after the 2000s?

Yes, but due to your attitude I'm not telling you what they are

Daredevil: Born Again maybe? They do seem to have a lack of evergreen 1980s/1990s TPBs

So basically none?

Isn't that more grit than anything ? DC has gritty stories too. I know marvel can do them but I wanted something in the veins of house of mystery secrets, Sandman etc.

No, there's plenty

The Death of Captain Marvel.

How does that Ultron/Hank mouth work?

As a general rule good Marvel comes in runs but are spread out, while good DC comes in short graphic novels or short runs but are more frequent.

the Miller/Claremont Wolverine is good. Kraven's Last Hunt. Several X-Men arcs. Miller's Daredevil and Born Again. Lots of Marvel's Epic line and the numbered Graphic Novels from the 80s, early 90s.

Tomb of Dracula from the 70s as well as the b/w magazine runs of Conan, Hulk, and others. Howard the Duck and Man-Thing as well.

It's there but since most of it is so mixed in amongst normal runs it takes a bit of filtering to find it.

Dude I completely forgot about Tomb. I loved that shit and I suppose you are right about it being mixed in runs.

I swear someone needs to filter that shit out one day. Anyways did marvel do anything similar to Tomb? It does fit in the gothic themes of swamp thing and sandman I've read.

no, Marvel has never made any good comics

this.

TV shows, soon movies and right now comics. Marvel is finished.

Going back to the b/w magazines, yeah. Tales of the Zombie, Vampire Tales, and the several Monsters series. Epic Illustrated as well.

The absolute state of b8ers.

Having read a lot of the stuff, and while it is good, there is no immediate profoundness about those things. They're good but lack literary depth and the exploration of sense of being in the quasi spiritual and profound way that Swamp Thing or Sandman do.

This. So far marvel has nothing. I guess miracleman comes close? but that isn't even marvelt to begin with.

Starstruck, Marshal Law, Moonshadow are all around the same quality of comics you posted if not better.

The problem is comparing Sandman and Swamp Thing, which were rolled into Vertigo with ain line Marvel stuff.
Epic had plenty of literary stuff going on.

1980s Captain Britain

give me an example of epic user? A shame Marvel hasn't kept it up. I'm just hearing about it.

Crooked World?

Marvel mostly does action-y stuff.

>good Marvel comes in runs but are spread out, while good DC comes in short graphic novels or short runs
this meme needs to stop

>The problem is comparing Sandman and Swamp Thing, which were rolled into Vertigo with ain line Marvel stuff.
I'm actually not sure what you're trying to say but
1. They both started before Vertigo, Moore's Swamp Thing actually ended years before Vertigo was created
2. It's a silly excuse, Vertigo is still DC so I don't get this "Vertigo doesn't count" mentality.
Marvel had Epic and they let it die fast, even then most of ti was just genre fiction tier.

Moonshadow, Blood: A Tale and Stray Toasters. Rest of the Epic line is mostly meh and reprints and licensed stuff.

>Epic had plenty of literary stuff going on.
Like?

So marvel doesn't really have anything good? You know what good thing OP might like is Spiderman vs Wolverine. It was the first time Spidey accidentally killed someone with his powers. A lot of deep provoking insightful shit throughout the graphic novel.

And it was written by Christopher Priest before he changed his name. That man is a talented writer.

marvel is a shit