That desperate eh?

YO DAWG

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

It's just marketing hyperbole.

HEH

HEH

HEH

OH NONONO

I remember when Morrison's JLA was pitched, it was every event is an EVENT. Sadly Morrison it's fucking Morrison, there's no one working on marvel or DC that has the talent to do something as good as his JLA run.

and the final killing bullet in Marvel's current marketing strategy has been fired.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Ah yes, the event where Moon Girl teams up with the Thing and Human Torch...or the event where the X-Men fight the other X-Men...

Is Jonathan Hickman no longer in Marvel?

How far are we from reaching the relaunch singularity where every Marvel release is a #1?

Lets add more to the thing that makes it bad. GENIUS.

>quit being afraid of change, I'm gonna put lots and lots of poop in it

Stop defending this shit you faggot

It's like the faggots telling me I'm an idiot for expecting DC's Dark Metal revelation to be more than "the metas have 8th metal in their blood... hence METALLL".

If your marketing department wants to predicate a publishing initiative or event on "THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" it damn well better at this point.

Saying "they've over-sold event ramifications for years" is not a fucking defense. They should never have done it.

I don't sit here when the NFL blacks out a game locally and say "well, they used to not even televise them so I can't be mad if they don't now."

No. He is DC now.

How are the comic sales actually? this looks desperate

This has to be a hoax
I refuse to believe Marvel is this retarded

June dollar share:
Marvel 38.54%
DC 30.61%
Image 8.86%

It actially fucking happened. All events all the time!

>Marvel in charge of cooking the books

>a literal "everyone is an event" event
We should've seen this coming.

That only affects the unit share, not the dollar share.

Though June also had number of new #1s for Marvel, which always sell well. And they're publishing more books than DC, at higher prices.

From the House of Ideas, that brought you classics like:
Everyone is a villain!
Everyone is a Skrull!
Everyone is a Hero!
Everyone is Thor!
and
Everyone is Spiderman!

We give you now: Everyone is an Event!

>no more events guys we swear
>except endless events all the time everywhere
Marvel's marketing department is a headless chicken

Their book cooking is still hurting retailers, who would have no reason to complain if Marvel really was doing as well as the books say they are.

Motherfucker I laughed way too hard at this.

Yeah they're books costing $2 more than DC is where the extra money comes from

fuck is 2010 coming back

wait really? what's writing?

Something with a grotesque amount of padding and build up that totally falls apart in the final act.

and this is bad because?

He's not. He has his Image titles now

Nothing confirmed, but heavily suspected (read:Theorised on the Internet) to be Legion of Superheroes.

He just made a joke about how since he already destroyed one multiverse, he might as well try for two.

>reading Marvel after blowing through everything that lead up to and tied into Secret Wars
>Get fatigued on event after event and take a break from Marvel for a year
>Literally planned to go to my LCS today after work and start catching up
>See this thread

When will it stop?

>When will it stop?
When you read DC or Image instead.

Yeah I know about that but
>Image
I don't want to wait 5 months for one issue. I've already Berserk and Hunter Hunter and Trees with that problem.
Please let be real.

It's your fault for paying them for this, retard.

He's also nowhere near Morrison, talent-wise.

>The result is a universe almost beyond comprehension, where every day is a crossover event, every problem is a cataclysm and even the birds have their own logos!

HYPERCRISIS

>I live in a time where people use dbz frames as a reaction image

fuck yeah about fucking time.

Beat me to it.

We know that, their dollar share should be a lot higher if they were actually selling the number of units they gave to retailers. As is their lead is only due to the higher cover price. Australianfag here and marvel issues cost $3 more then a rebirth title and trades cost $7 more than dc trades. Americans have no idea how lucky they are when it comes to comic prices.

Stop overreacting as an excuse to get OUTRAGE'd like you're some teenage tumblrite trying desperately to fill in with her fellow triggered cunts.

When you stop reading the "important" books and learn to stick to the good ones.

>marvel is tanking due to event fatigue
>blame it on diversity
>"btw here's even more events"

>just
He made that joke over a year ago.

>Where every single series is an event!
GOD FUCK NO I DON'T WANT ANY DAMN EVENTS!

>the metas have 8th metal in their blood... hence METALLL
You misunderstand, the 8th metal is just the form of the metal used to forge god weapons, the ninth form of the metal is nth metal. Meta(L)gene is one of the other 7 forms of the metal or hell maybe there's more than 9 forms of the metal.

>Implying the actual metal makes a difference in the stupidity of the reveal

>tells me to stop over reacting while REEing his buzzwords in clear anger
I mean, when you stop getting so pissed about people expecting marketing to learn a fucking lesson in 40 years maybe I'll stop getting so heated about them not learning a lesson in 40 years.

But yeah, be the faggot REEing about a post online instead of the company making the same mistakes that led them to gutting their own property rights before failing again anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=au221TbV4qE

Here's some music to go along with it. Original Japanese track superior to American by the way.

American music and voice acting is superior. Anyone disagreeing is a "purist" weeb.

OG music and voice acting is better in Dragon Ball though.

It's not fucking disputable.

>American music
>liking bruce "the thief" faulconer

wew

>american music
>superior

youtube.com/watch?v=-78-ilipgao

Crash and burn, Marvel. Hahaha.

>"THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING"
Literally every shitty writer does nothing but that in a desperate attempt to be known as the piece of shit who made the definitive run of a character.

See Jason Aaron's run of Strange which will CHANGE EVERYTHINBG!1!!11!1! where magic DIES WOWWW. It's the dumbest fucking run where he forgets his own continuity halfway through and shits out an excuse.

For more faggots trying to reinvent a wheel, see all of marvel's ANAD and the million events that have stop selling. IRUN MAN's in a COMA! Move over Tony RiRi's in town! THIS AINT YOUR DAD's MARVEL. It's all fucking terrible, and no matter how much they claim they're selling, every fuck retailer attests to Marvel fucking them over and lying about sales, then when they're called out they backpedal and say that it doesn't affect sales and the digital sales make them the money! Except they don't release the digital sales numbers for anything they claim sells.

Didn't meant that in the time sense, only in a "this is the full extent of what he said"

Huge weeb reporting, even I can't stand child-Goku's voice on Adult-Goku.
But the America's ((heavy distorted guitar playing one chord with reverb)) "music" doesn't hold a candle to the Japanese tracks.

Ah, OK. Nevermind then.

You realize that Metal hasn't even started yet, right? That's just a revelation from a "road to the event" kind of issue.

are these counting the loot crates? I remember the peter parker spider man #1 having additional 100k added to the sales because of the loot crate tie-in

Never Goy, and you're gonna buy it and like it, or else...

Anyone with working ears will tell you the American version was better.

The Japanese music was the one that got caught for plagiarism multiple times.

>youtu.be/e_sXOquzxps

Loot crate numbers also go into that figure. The latest Waid Avengers issue also went up 15K because it was in a collectable Stan Lee box

So you agree with me it's dumb and should be stopped?

I'm not comparing any companies, writers artists or anything. Both DC and Marvel have this bullshit line being thrown around right now. So hold off with the companywar shit if that's what this reply was intending to do.

>Literally every shitty writer does it
Is not a defense. And it's marketing and editorial not the writers who decide this shit. In the case of Snyder he has a bit more pull so its likely they went with his shitty "THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" description and ran with it.

>The weebs attempt to correct me.
Grow up faggots. Your decades long search for the original DVDs was a waste. DBZ is better in english with Falkner's music.

This person actually considered the mood of the show. Personally I just disagree and think that the Falkner score fits DBZ's XTREME SUPER SAIYAN TWO THREE ASCENDED mood better. Especially post frieza where the show made a clear departure from it's previous themes and direction.

Where as I enjoy the light-hearted jingles of the original score in Dragon Ball as it seems more light-hearted (despite moments like the indian dude getting killed being more emotional than almost any moment in Z)

Is this Marvel being fuck ups or Diamond being fuck ups?

It's Marvel deliberately inflating their numbers.

>So you agree with me it's dumb and should be stopped?
Yeah, it's fucking awful, and I'm sick of it. Shit like this is why Nova ongoing got canned an d AMERICA CHAVEZ MOON GIRL AND RIRI ARE STILL HERE.
I'm also not defending it by saying every writer does it, the only ones who don't that I know of is Remender, Kelly, and I guess King? Only off the top of my head, anyway.

It's fucking awful, and I hate this bullshit.

>it gets so bad to the point that people will make a big deal out of the first non-event
The event of the year...ISN'T an event!

The original American dub(s) were shit
Terrible voice acting and direction, Faulkner is uninspired
The Japanese dub is insufferable, I hate kid Goku's voice coming out of modern Goku
The English Kai dub is the best so far

>DBZ is better in english with Falkner's music.

Yeah I don't know what he's on about

Some of Faulkner's tracks were okay. Like two of them, I think.

It's true. At least as far as Goku goes...

JAJAJAJAJAJA

>American music and [] is superior

You're probably thinking of the Kai dub

>every marvel event sucks
>every book is an event
>every marvel book sucks

Well, after >4 years of being a Marvelfag, I'm jumping ship now. Jesus Christ this is stupid.

People have shit taste. We know this. This is why other medium like music is trash now.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU MARVEL

> Telling someone to stop being "triggered"
> Triggered by said person for speaking the truth
Kek

After 30+ years here. I just can't do it anymore. Squirrel Girl still gets my money though.

WHEN EVERYONE'S AN EVENT, NO ONE IS!

They're just trying to make sure you don't get your hopes up.

>youtu.be/FfWJcpX_ZZA

LOL.

Why?

I don't think I've ever actually become less excited for the work of a publisher after reading their previews before this
I already had a low opinion of Marvel to start with too.

Where we're going, we don't need eyes to read.