Are there any Canadians here who remember YTV?

Are there any Canadians here who remember YTV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xFa5Euem9A
youtube.com/watch?v=bNV1yVcm3uI
youtube.com/watch?v=-MG90yxn-AU
youtube.com/watch?v=573puMnqRKE
youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZdCjAhl-4
youtube.com/watch?v=zll-MEHOdrY
youtube.com/watch?v=atHUYWL1eIU
youtube.com/watch?v=-S9wv09c2hc
youtube.com/watch?v=LWDPIpfiajE
youtube.com/watch?v=rlzDt4-6eo0
youtube.com/watch?v=qCbOHV0wgZk
youtube.com/watch?v=TCzUjxORhqA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-10cQZhXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You say that as if its not around anymore

I think you mean "old" YTV. I certainly do.

I still miss the Bionix block on friday nights. For you Americans it was equivalent to Adult Swim.

Remember Snit Station? That was the first time I ever saw Spongebob on TV.
youtube.com/watch?v=-xFa5Euem9A

Sugar was a good host.

>tfw you had a crush on Sugar and then you realized she was the original English voice of Chibi-Moon.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNV1yVcm3uI

>Remember Snit Station? That was the first time I ever saw Spongebob on TV.
Man, that takes me back to the 90s/early 2000s. Had a lot of decent memories when the only channels I'd mostly watch were YTV, Teletoon, Family Channel and the Rochester Fox affiliate we'd somehow get.

John Candy hosted the launch special for YTV back in 1988.

It's amazing they still have this footage.
youtube.com/watch?v=-MG90yxn-AU

>Implying Nu-YTV is comparable at all to the real YTV

>that time when YTV would show DBZ from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
>even at two episodes a day the series still moved slower molasses going uphill

All that time wasted.

I remember when YTV aired on New Year's Eve two dragon ball z movie, a sailor moon movie and the vision of escaflowne movie.

Good times.

I was a teletoon guy

Same here. Especially during the pic related era.

>Gets to the Frieza Saga, Goku about to turn Super Saiyan
>Next episode resets all the way back to Saiyan Saga, takes a whole extra year for new episodes

>see sugar's tits and bush on that wedding dates movie

Really disappointing. Thought they would've been bigger.

It always reset after Goku beats Recoome for me.

All teletoon was good for was Simpsons golden era reruns. Seasons 5-8 were always on during 10pm or so.

Tell me more

Teletoon hasn't aired The Simpsons since like the 90s you absolute dumbfuck. And stop shitting on my nostalgia.

the aesthetic of teletoon was really nice, I kinda wish they stuck with something similar instead of the shitty look they try to go for now

youtube.com/watch?v=573puMnqRKE

They actually made their own two special fonts for the channel. Not to mention the awesome background art and really well-done voiceovers for the promos. And of course, most important of all, the diversity of shows on the schedule.

Early 2000s, man.

>It is now 2017
>You can never go back to a time when YTV was good
>You can never go back to watching Phil or Snit or Paul or Sugar or Pat Kelly on The Zone after school again
>You can never experience all those new, interesting shows or comfy and colorful YTV aesthetics again
>You can never go back to the hype and excitement you had every Halloween season when YTV would air a new Dark Night event
>You are now just a bitter, depressed adult watching old YTV/Teletoon footage on Youtube, desperately clinging to a time when it seemed like there was still hope and you still had potential

>tfw YTV went from good Canadian shows, anime and some nick toons to nick sitcoms and shitty Canadian family friendly sitcoms

do any of you guys remember KAPOW on telethon ?

I can't seem to find any footage of it's bumpers which involve helicopters and ninjas or something like that

anyone else here remember this or am I just sounding like a crazy person

teletoon *

sorry for being a phonefag peasant

I remember seeing the intro (and extended intro) on YouTube a few years back. Its theme tune is so catchy I can still hum it right now.

BTW it was all blue, not green like the promos.

Still, it had more diversity than CN nowadays.

>Some Assembly Required is the worst shit I've seen.

got any links ?

Nope, I didn't grab it at the time unfortunately.

Every new year's they did a 24 hour anime marathon. It was really the only time you could watch DBZ's, or any other series really, movies.

Reminder that Teletoon turns 20 this year.
youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZdCjAhl-4

>any footage of it's bumpers

*any footage of its bumpers

Are there any Canadians here who remember Splat!

Not Canadian, but I grew up in BC.
Did they go under or something?

remember that one queer that would always send Phil drawings of Sailor Moon? and remember Anti Gravity Room.There was one episode where that kid was talking to Amanda Connor at a convention and she was bending over showing him her titties

The channel is still around but it's a shell of what it once was. Old YTV is long dead.

That stupid kid also said once to invest in Gen 13 comics.They will one day put your kids through college

Then stop acting like it's been taken off the air.
In fact, be glad it didn't get rebranded into some shit like Nick Canada.

Except it pretty much has. The only real difference now is the official name.
Same for Teletoon and CN.

They were still airing Ned's Newt in 2004?

Yep, and Pippi Longstocking too!
But the reason that image marks the end of an era is that it's the last schedule I could find with Cardcaptors on it, as that show never aired again on Teletoon after summer 2004.

>no Undergrads

Bullshit.

I remember it resetting just when the Frieza saga ended for me.

I do
Good times for a while until it all become live-action shit.

So Sup Forums, how would you save YTV?

By letting it die.

Post-movie Spongebob, 24 hours a day.

Invest in better CanCon fodder. Only idiots watch JFL Gags.

Only watched Teletoon for the late-night stuff. Just seemed to have a generally lower quality of programming than YTV. But at least it wasn't The Family Channel.

YTV was basically Nick, Cartoon Network and Fox Kids in one. Though it didn't have some anime shows like Yu Yu Hakusho & kirby.

It even had a late night anime segment on saturday like Adult Swim's Toonami. They had it all but lost it all when Teletoon got more popular.

ABC, included in basic cable (I think it was 34 channels) had 1 Saturday morning which had all the disney shit, and lost it all with the rise of Family Channel.

All kids needed were 2 channels.

>It even had a late night anime segment on saturday
Friday

Oh shit you're right. I could've sworn it was saturday.

Also, didn't they have a sunday morning segment for girls? This might've been in the mid 2000's. I think they had totally spies, mew mew power.

Here you go user, this one has that and Clone High too! (Not to mention Untalkative Bunny.)

>Toad Patrol
This was my shit

Bionix got moved to Saturday later. That was the beginning of the end.

user you must be new.

Yes there's a good chunk of Canadians here that remember the old YTV.
It sucks how YTV is so cheap and basic now, but it's dead and there's nothing we can do about it.

>untalkative bunny
fucking URBAN.

>when the Zone was good
>DBZ's weird Ocean dub where the intro wasn't Rock the Dragon
>ReBoot, Beasties/Beast Wars, and Shadow Raiders/Beast Planet
>those surreal out of mind 3DCG skits that were basically just 2-3 min music videos where weird shit happened for no reason

>those weird ass anti-drug psas that made no sense
youtube.com/watch?v=zll-MEHOdrY

>another old ytv thread

oh boy here we go again for another trip

too fucking real man
>no more staying up late for anime block
>no more good saturday block like vortex
>no more watching your favorite show hosts like paula and sugar

i swear i basically phased out of cartoons when this shit happened. finding that there are other canadians that felt the same shit about a tv channel is my only comfort

>YTV aesthetics

i enjoyed the fact that they changed it from time to time.

Yup, apparently it's still on with Carlos still hosting.

>There once was a time when, more often than not, there was a different show after the one you just watched.

Start re-airing old shows because there's fuck-all for new cartoons

>Only idiots watch JFL Gags.
Is that utter garbage still around and infecting other channels now?

>when YTV DBZ would just replay the early Namek saga over and over and over and over and over and over and over then reset to Saiyan saga

>1 Saturday morning
youtube.com/watch?v=atHUYWL1eIU

>sunday morning segment for girls?

There are literally multiple generations of kids who have all passed from childhood into adolescence watching Carlos on the Zone with various slutty co-hosts.

Apparently Carlos has been co-hosting for ET Canada, as well as PJ Paul.

>post-movie sponge

i trust that you made a typo user

A few years ago when Nickelodeon started doing a retro block down in the US, YTV really dropped the ball by not following suit. If they dedicated their after midnight time slots to some kind of a 90s throwback block, they'd probably get a little attention.

>putting the TV on mute for the disclaimer so your parents wouldn't question Inuyasha or Futurama

>this is your t.v ABC
Mighty Ducks

>Once upon a time YTV showed Ghost in the Shell SAC uncut

I had a distinct memory of someone getting shot to death in a pretty gory way, and now I realize that I first saw it on YTV late at night when I definitely was not supposed to be watching TV. I think Togusa was in the scene.

Taking his bubblegum off was horse shit though

I'm so fucking happy you made this thread OP, I remember Bionix, having my grandpa fall asleep and then watch Inuyasha

>tfw Vortex did this shit too

Ytv had super lax rules. After reboot got fired from ABC they went to YTV and turned reboot into a fuckinb post apocalyptic war show because they HATED abcs censors. They wouldn't even let dot have two breasts! They went from that to killing off two of the protagonists or so we thought. It was so mindblowing to see the heroes almost lose so much as a kid. It made the ending so satisfying. Also incestuous bdsm relationship was crazy. They had balls

>turned reboot into a fuckinb post apocalyptic war show

>Also incestuous bdsm relationship was crazy
it's amazing what you can get with when the censors are asleep at the wheel, and your jokes are so stealthy almost no one gets it

> episode where Megabyte is infected with the web virus, who is now stalking Hex, and inevitably turns into Gigabyte when he does
> Bob: "What happens if you and megabyte... Merge?"
Hex: "The next generation!"

I'm a burger that remembers watching YTV in the early hours

I still remember the joke about the flasher with a huge dick

>when that one grog took over the station

youtube.com/watch?v=-S9wv09c2hc

"It's the ABC's! They've turned on us! Treacherous Dogs!"

Reboot was great.
Also, the binary joke translates to something apparently.
Or
Take my wife, please!

youtube.com/watch?v=LWDPIpfiajE

IT'S LETTER TIME

My man

>those surreal out of mind 3DCG skits that were basically just 2-3 min music videos where weird shit happened for no reason
Those were the best
youtube.com/watch?v=rlzDt4-6eo0

youtube.com/watch?v=qCbOHV0wgZk

RIP Santa Calls

youtube.com/watch?v=TCzUjxORhqA

I wrote in once. They sent me some shitty football game for the GBA.

I also remember near the end they were just playing the same rotation of games over and over again. It was oddly depressing.

I always wanted Teletoon but my family were poor so we could only afford basic cable. There was one time when we got a month of the non-basic channels as a promotion and I would watch Teletoon everyday. It was the only channel that aired CCS.

I missed it, but at a gaming bar in Toronto they had a video and arcade reunion night. Hopefully they have another one sometime.

Aw. It's sad to see things decline.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-10cQZhXQ

That audible 'wat'

hi

AHHHHHHHHHH! No problem!

I do

god I miss old YTV.

whatever happened to their Bionix block?

>Angela anaconda
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>whatever happened to their Bionix block?

Just like everything good about YTV: it died.

>CTRL-F Yokomites
>0 results

This story was the fucking best thing about YTV. It was legitimately creepy at times.

Does the site still have Sitekicks?

>references a car blowjob
holy shit