It's all too easy to ignore that history is being made while you're living in it...

It's all too easy to ignore that history is being made while you're living in it. Are there any series being published today that you believe will go down in history five or ten or even twenty years from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/4jbdg4cm4bp4icv/Smile (2010) (repack).cbz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saga, but for all the wrong reasons.

My brother bought me the first trade, but I couldn't get into it. Does it get even worse?

And to answer OP, Hellboy is the obvious answer. Maybe Gold Digger if that keeps going and surpasses Cerebus in length.

Head Lopper

>Maybe Gold Digger

That faux-anime furry fap rag? Are you serious or just an autistic furfag?

Raina Telgemeier is possibly the #1 best-selling author in comics right now. She is ushering in a new age of comics for children. In 10 or 20 years, Sup Forums will discuss her comics with the same affection that Sup Forums discusses Bone and other comics for 90s kids.

And 99% of current Sup Forums has no idea who she is.

It is currently the second longest running comic by one creator in the west. It'll pass Cerebus in less than a year. That's impressive enough to at least get it mentioned in the future.

It's not particularly good, but in a few years it might pass Cerebus as the record-holder for longest comic.

Oh awesome, I've been wanting to read more children comics and books since I'd like to make some myself one day. Would you recommend anything specific from her?

Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Comic held the record for longest running licensed comic, but it is not going to go down in history as anything even remotely good (the majority of its run is objectively embarrassing).

Just because Gold Digger has lasted a long time with a Literal Who publisher because it appeals to fetishists, doesn't mean it is going to go down in history as a memorably good work of fiction.

Stray Bullets, Love and Rockets, Usagi Yojimbo are still being published. Do they count?

The only one I've read is Smile, it was pretty good.

mediafire.com/file/4jbdg4cm4bp4icv/Smile (2010) (repack).cbz

If Stray Bullets ever actually fills in every point in its timeline...then hell yes I say it'd go down notably.

I think Terry Moore's work will be looked back at as great works in the future.

We've still never had any late 80's have we?
this.

Killers ended in 1987 IIRC.

But we've been stuck in the 70's for about 2 years now.

Have you been reading Motor Girl? Its fucking fantastic

I think Dave re-fell in to love with Orson and Beth.
yeah I'm not liking it as much as Rachel Rising but it's definitely worth a pull-list spot.

Yeah, we need '87-'97 to make it to the events of issue #1. Currently it's '81 (again).

Yeah, which makes sense...there's always an "Orson and Beth" in most of his stuff.

It's clearly a dynamic that he has a lot of connection with - so he's being really indulgent with Sunshine and Roses. But it needs to end soon.

Oh yeah.
I still say the next arc is going to be a Beth Prison arc.

I loved RR, wish it wasn't over

One Piece. Is there a more acclaimed, better selling comic series out there?

Hellboy is already legendary. Not only it has 2 Guillermo del Toro film's, but Mike Mignola's reputation as a storyteller is high up. I would argue that Paper Girls or The Black Monday Murders have the potential to go down as great series.

If isn't one already, I would propose Scalped as one of Vertigo's best.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into her. Want to milk my month trial of prime.

The Hernandez Bros just got into the Eisner Hall of Fame but I don't think they're work will ever get mass recognition especially since Jaime doesn't even want to bother about tv/film adaptions and just wants to stick to L&R comics. I also think even in comics they'll be mostly ignored outside of the people really into indie stuff given how long their stuff is, even Cerebus isn't talked about all the time when it comes to best comics outside of those circles, most people haven't even read it.

I think Sophie Goldstein has serious potential if she keeps up the quality in The Oven and House of Women.

Love and Rockets has already secured its place in history. Maybe Usagi has as well.

I've seen her mentioned on Sup Forums before, but I guess it's time to start actually checking out her stuff.

>2 Guillermo del Toro film's

*2 Guillermo del Toro films

I could see pic related becoming a classic

the bizarro from 'forever evil' grew on me.
he was somehow a great character.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Berserk, my dudes.

while definitely true this thread is about western shit

Prophet

Simon Hanselmann's Meg, Mogg & Owl
Luke Pearson's Hilda
Fiffe's Copra
DeForge's work and Loose especially, Harkham's Crickets and Huizenga's Ganges
Ed Piskor's Hip Hop Family Tree

Those are some comics and creators that have chances, I think

Gracias, user. English is not my first language, Lad.

Saga is good but not THAT good. I think upcoming cult classics may be

>Vision
>Flintstones, Prez, upcoming Snagglepus
>Shade the Changing Girl (I haven't read it yet but from what everyone says I should)
>Black Monday Murders
>God Country

most of these are short runs though, long runs are a lot more rare in comics now

Cerebus is almost utterly unique in comics. It's closest relations are probably books like Love and Rockets.

Astro City

didn't it win another eisner this year?

>Does it get even worse?

Cerberus is pretty terrible, to be frank. It's pretty, sure, but the story is this unrelenting dense grind.

It's only liked because it makes snobs feel elite about their cartoon hobby.

>Flintstones, Prez, upcoming Snagglepus
Wow, sucking that Russell cock hard

I fucking love Loose

In general I think Mr Lemire's work will be looked at quite well in the future. His style(art or otherwise) isn't to everyone'a taste, but that being said he's at least one of the most original voices producing comic books today, superhero or otherwise.

He was talking about the fucking trash that is Saga.

Cerebus is beyond good and evil for me, it's so different and hermetic, fucking love it.

Definitely one of the greatest comic books in history, people get mad at the religious themes at the end, but by then it was 30 years of publication so I really didn't mind any shifts and boy they are shifts. First couple of years it's a Conan parody, then it becomes something else entirely every few years.

Gotta say my favorite book was Jaka's Story but now that I'm older and have experienced being a regular at a bar for years and that bar going out of business I gotta say my favorite one by far now is Guys.

Lose*

Also, it this scanned or available as a collection?

A Body Beneath collects issues #2-5. Another collection might come after issue #9.
There have been some storytimes of it here so some scans exist.

Oh yeah, I've read that one. I'm stupid.