Name anyone who can pose a threat to Dr. Manhattan

Name anyone who can pose a threat to Dr. Manhattan.

Batman with prep time
/thread

Neither of these work

No memes.

A fully powered Franklin Richards.

I think you could get a guy to just go back in time and prevent his accident, and then he would have no powers

Could D. Manhattan defeat an exct copy of himself.

Sentry would just rip him in half, then throw him into the sun.

>Name anyone who can pose a threat to Dr. Manhattan.
Alan Moore with a solid contract and a lawyer.

Literally can't happen since in Before Watchmen, he went back in time to ensure that it, without a doubt, did happen.

He's walked on the surface of the sun, though. He can't be physically harmed in any way.

He would detroy him on a molecular level beyond saving but yeah it's one giant joke.

None because literally the point of his character is he has no attachment to mortal people because he can't die and will live for hundreds of billions of years after the human race has died out.

The only possible way to get rid of him would be to go back in time and kill his great-grandpa in the womb or something, and even that's debatable because part of the story in Watchmen is that time unalterable.

Nope. Even less likely with Rebirth Manhattan.

>Before Watchmen

not canon

if Manhattan could go back, he would go back in time to be with that woman he loved so much

he percieves all of time, but can not alter it

There are tons in DC, just the ones who can wouldn't particularly care to, outside of the monitors or maybe spectre. Marvel probably scathan or something

Dr. Manhattan's biggest weakness is that he's governed by the laws of physics which was the plot of his Before Watchmen issues. He can only be stopped by magic. Any magic user that can stop time and has access to a different dimension to store him in (basically all of them) can take Manhattan.

Wait he's in rebirth? What's he doing?

>Creators says their not canon
>DC says they are
>The state of comics

Being God, basically.

The creators are rarely the only ones writing the stories about their creation especially since they're not immortal and the characters usually are especially if they are popular.
So I'd be careful with calling things non-canon. DC has the rights. Therefore it's official.

Saitama

He's literally god now.

He was the cause of Rebirth.

>Presence finds out blue dick is playing god
>Lets Spectre fuck his shit up

Could Galactus take him?

Can't beat Sentry, so no.

That couldn't be more wrong. When Oz believed that he was still governed by the laws of physics which is how he tried killing him. Jon came back and said basically said 'nope'. He's completely beyond it.

He IS governed by Hard Determinism, however, which he self-imposed upon himself and the rest of the universe(s) during Before Watchmen, though.

Squirrel Girl

You just know either Batman or Superman will stop his blue ass. How, is irrelevant.

Molecular Man, Mad Jim Jaspers, Superboy Prime,The One Above All.

Does anybody care about the Presence except Dematteis?

yep, yep, yep, and yep.

When did Oz try to harm him before?

No, no, no, no.

Well Ozy did prove that despite Osterman's disconnect from humanity and vast power he can still be manipulated

>Superboy-Prime samefagging on message boards again
Go to bed Clark.

Rorschach's revenge

He let himself be manipulated in order to follow the timeline properly.

You dumb ass

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENNNNNNNA

>Professor Brooklyn
>Nurse Queens
>Dean Bronx
>Has-A-Master's-Degree Staten Island

>pose a threat
Does someone who can BTFO him count as a threat?

Could he? I get Franklin has the power to start universes but Dr.Manhatten has his own vast intellect on top of that

God. Are autistic or just a shill?

This is your third dumb thread

We already had this thread twice, and there's plenty of characters that can take him on. And on top of that, it's obvious that he isn't going to be beaten by fighting against any of them and it's going to end by someone appealing to his humanity again, because then you wouldn't have him be there to look off in the distance and say "Something much worse is coming, but I'm tired and totally indifferent."

Death will take him and everyone in the end. You can't defeat Death.

Considering Lucifer can phase Endless from existence if he is so inclined, I'm going to say him.

There are canon powers beyond Death in the DC universe, namely the Presence, Michael, Lucifer, the Source, and possibly Monitors of the Source doesn't decide to randomly fuck them up.

>Staten Island is getting his shit kicked in. Though Queen Greenwich Village has had good luck against him in the past

drunken jackie chan holding a baby in one hand and a vase full of dragneel ashes in the other

And Galactus let the Beyonder beat him.

Riiiiiiiiight.

The Flash can just outrun his powers.

only a doctor can match another doctor

Which means what to a creature who exists outside of time and can look at the future and past like frames on a film strip?

wasn't even that difficult

The reverse flash, manhattan can't kill him, he will somehow find a way to kill him

Flash outruns time.

What is Hard Determinism?

A second Dr. Manhattan

Anyone who doesn't approve of traps and has immensely supernatural powers.

So Mormon Jesus for example

Me.

Rebirth will canonize this

How about Dr Doom with prep?

Well, he beats up Celestials, which are Doctor Manhattan on steroids.

Miracle Man

Superman Prime, Superman 1 million.

Any character who uses magic.

Zatanna, Constantine, Etrigan, etc.

Molecule Man, God Doom from Battleworld, Some of the gods from Supergod, A possessor of the Infinity Gauntlet,

Veidt's plan wasn't very good.

His idea was he could destroy Manhattan by removing his Intrinsic Field, just as the original experiment had destroyed Osterman. As Manhattan points out, the first trick he learned was rebuilding his intrinsic field, so all he had to do was repeat it.

This actually ties into a pet theory of mine that Veidt is an unreliable narrator of his own supposed genius. We - and the characters within Watchmen - have to take it at face value that he is "the smartest man on earth", but there's actually precious little evidence for that. We have only his side of the account that he "purposely" underperformed at school. He didn't actually have anything to do with creating the squid monster, or the technology to teleport it to New York. He didn't build the device that was supposed to kill Manhattan. He didn't come up with the psychiatric report on Manhattan's weaknesses. He's nothing but a glorified "ideas guy" and actually a mediocre intellect at best.

to answer both questions at once, can the Flash outrun the speed at which events occur? Because he would need to literally move before he moved to beat Manhattan. This isn't a buff added in rebirth, its always been his primary power. His senses are already enhanced to observe much of the electromagnetic spectrum, but the important part is that he perceives his entire history simultaneously. He remembers his past but he can also look through spacetime directly at it, and while he does not 'remember' the future as if it were the past, he can sense it as easily as looking across a room or discerning the source of a sound. Because he can perceive everything that influences his decisions, but is still fundamentally a reactive, emotional creature, he considers the progression of future events to be predetermined by the state of the present, and subsequently the former state in the past. This includes thoughts and complex events, and he had the ability to instantly check the past against the future. As such, he thinks his thoughts are inevitable because of his past thoughts, and the same goes for everyone else, and everything else.

In real live this breaks down, because you can introduce all sorts of chaos into determinism at all levels. Random number generators dictating strategy to a compartmentalized organization could easily surprise him so long as they kept out of contact with him.

also the talent to catch bullets. He probably wasn't stupid, and never pertained to be a tech wizard even to the level of Nightowl, he was machiavellian and manipulative.

Honestly, it would take combining Ozy, Night Owl, and Rorschach to get memetic batman, and they are his constituent components of prep time and resources, gadgets and wonderful toys, and unhinged vigilantism and detective work.

so, any jojo character can beat manhattan because they basically have yugi-oh trap card powers?

Yeah, "the most manipulative man on earth" might have been a better title. The bullet catching thing is impressive but, again, has nothing to do with intellect. His plan to "save" the earth is implied by Manhattan to be doomed to failure anyway.

The Question from Trinity of Sin who is almost definitely magically reincarnated Rorschach being punished for dooming the world to nuclear holocaust via his journal.

I thought that was gay older Iceman until I saw "Dr. Manhattan" on the left side.

The reason why I picked is because GER can nullify any action.
>Split Gio into atoms?
that didn't happen
>teleport Gio somewhere
he didn't teleport shit
>try to reconstruct himself after breaking down
even Gio can null that, and trap him in an endless loop of breaking down then reconstructing, and breaking down again
can also beat him if he's able to throw an alternate universe Dr. Manhattan at him
there's a lot of stands that stand no chance against Dr. Manhattan, but then we get ones that throw logic out of the window.

A psychiatrist

oh my god they actually have yugi oh powers, I know Sup Forums is retarded but at least you could have used a better example like super tengen toppa gurren lagan

Galactus.
His mastery over Power Cosmic shits all over anything Manhattan can do.

Me for I can tear paper

The only one that works that way is GER

Go to bed, Diversity & Comics.

No I meant I can rip his comic in half and he can do nothing about it

Mr. Mxyzptlk

I know. That's why I told you to go to bed.

Who hurt you

That list wouldn't fit in the character limit.

Sup Forums is love
All will be well
Tell us your problems friend

A lazy writer who has been given their job for reasons other than writing ability.

Done. Next challenge.

Mxy said that Manhattan is more powerful than him in Superman Reborn

link to this?

so this guy can stalemate Dr. Manhattan at best... does he need to eat?