Daria revival when?

Daria revival when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4
youtube.com/watch?v=zkT03sT6r6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enough with the. fucking reboots, most of them turn out bad compared to the originals.

Go for the original

Exactly, you can go back and watch those shows anytime, let them rest with dignity. We need new stuff to get excited about, not rehashes of old shows.

I don't think you really COULD do it outside of it's original late 90s environment

A Daria revival would be herself being older.

A regular adult. Do you want to watch a cartoon dealing with the life of an average adult?

maybe

Never, it ended perfectly. Daria and her shit attitude left her alone and barren whom no one wanted to deal with and ended up hanging out with the same two people. She probably died alone a bitchy cat lady, alone and unloved.

When you stop standing on my neck!

Excuse me?

Frankly I'd love it if they did a Daria reboot and had an alpha male foil to her who puts her pretentious little ass in her place.

Never, hopefully.

I wouldn't want one personally. I feel like the series ended at a logical point, and as much as it can still be enjoyed today, it was very much a product of its time. A full reboot probably wouldn't turn out well, though maybe an epilogue in the form of a movie/miniseries might be nice.

I hate binged watched the entirety of "13 reasons why" or whatever it's called and thought of it as a live action reboot of Daria. All she ever did was bitch about everybody else the entire time.

Hopefully never. We need to learn to let things end - and to let them stay that way.

I'm...actually not okay with Daria+Jane. They have no sexual tension ever in the show.

This. Also could you imagine this show trying to appeal to the same age group today? It would be unbearable garbage. Mainly because they probably couldn't find any decent writers, and we'd end up with another hack-job reboot that's only claim to fame is referencing when it was originally a thing worth watching.

Daria holds up pretty well. It doesn't need a reboot. The only thing that dates it are the lack of cell phones/smartphones for the teenagers

it's cute, you shit

>Also could you imagine this show trying to appeal to the same age group today?

Every time I try, I feel the need to projectile vomit in the direction of a teenager.

I remember watching this show when it was new and being pissed that they NEVER show Daria's bare feet. Like they deliberately go our of their way to avoid doing that.

This is fantasy. It's anti-daria. No one would look like that and Trent would be dead by heroin overdose twice over. Jane would be in o South America. Quinn in some shit marriage just like her mom. And Daria. Still doing nothing. Probably living with her parents continually sabotaging herself because being social or giving a damn is beneath her.

That's what the credits were for.

>Do you want to watch a cartoon dealing with the life of an average adult?

I unironically enjoyed Quinn's subplot in "Is It College Yet?" where she helped a college girl deal with alcoholism.

I think a continuation of the characters' lives has a lot of potential.

Oh, thanks, Edgy McEdgington IX.

Didnt the beavis & butthead reboot crash & burn?

It looks good on paper, but yes it doesn't make sense.

Then don't reboot it. Just continue it in the modern era like nothing happened.

Like that was ever a requirement to ship.

It did ok but it didn't belong on MTV in 2011. The average demographic has changed since the mid 90s and taste has as well.

It probably would have done better on Comedy Central or something.

What's the next step of their master plan?

an exec cancelled it even after it pulled in the highest ratings on premiere nights for most episodes

>Probably living with her parents continually sabotaging herself because being social or giving a damn is beneath her.
You know it's possible to have a lucrative career while still not being social or giving a damn, right?

never

She's probably a blogger.

i like this
except change daria doing nothing for daria got into journalism or something like that and there are no job opportunities
jane is making art iin south america still supported by her parents and in south america the money they send her lets her live like a king
quinn shitty marriage and a baby

YouTube personality. Gives her the chance to share her utter contempt for humanity and monetize it.

If Daria was about middle-class losers, yes. But you have to remember, Daria's family is rich, Jane's family is rich. They live in a rich neighborhood. The rich kid in their neighborhood is from old money and he goes to Harvard.

Jane and Trent can pursue their art indefinitely because their parents bankroll them. Trent might be in and out of rehab for his entire life.
Daria and Quinn get into good universities and get decent degrees that allow them to get decent jobs.

The author said Daria became pretty much an more snarky Liz Lemon from 30 rock.

I don't think that would go over well with the current demographic of MTV. Shit like Decoded, 'New Years resolutions for white men', and the documentary White People demonstrate that MTV isn't going for the jaded cynicism of the late 90's crowd anymore, but 'socially conscious' progressive activists. Daria with her original characterization would find that shit pretentious and annoying, and would have some deadpan rebuke for it. You can imagine the outcry that would cause.

>You've lived long enough to see 90's cynicism unironically cycle into the mainstream, become oversaturated, die, and be needed again.

They could not make this show today and keep the same counter-culture theme as the original. Mainstream culture now is SJW, so if Daria was the same counter-culture anti-social person she'd despise them while simultaneously trashing Trump supporters for being equally as biased and pig-headed.

On an unrelated note, I will never not find Jane attractive.

>Liz Lemon from 30 rock

This is my stop.
I've got to get off.
I've got to be direct.

I can actually imagine Daria saying that.

Crashing nerd culture with no survivors

jesus you're right, you know i'd love to see a little Daria epilogue where she takes a SJW down a peg, people always thought Daria was an asshole to dudes, but she was an asshole to stupid people, or anyone who was an ass to her

>rich
nah. they're well off upper middle class professionals. Living in a McMansion neighborhood. they're probably in debt up to their eyeballs. the 2008 recession probably wiped daria's parents out.

Does anyone have all those drawings of Daria with hairy legs and pits from way back on Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=HBQXugKu8L4

>References to modern music
>modern tech
>social media commentary
>fake news episode
>modern versions of school stereotypes

with proper writing, this could be good

Seeing as Daria was a spinoff, I'd rather a new series based on a different character to keep the ball rolling.
Where's my Mr. DeMartino series, that culminates in a feature length parody of Falling Down for the final episode?

>tfw you're too intelligent to be happy
>tfw you're literally on another plane of existence and have ascended to godhood due to your high intellect and view normal people as dumb apes to torment for your entertainment

>proceeds to age like fucking milk

youtube.com/watch?v=zkT03sT6r6Q

>"The sardonic teen has left the suburbs of Lawndale for New York City's Hell's Kitchen (naturally), where she's grown up to become the only female writer on a late-night talk show. She lives alone — except for her black cat named Godzilla, who is toilet-trained, thanks to Daria's hard work and dedication — and while she's tried the online dating game, she hasn't found anyone special quite yet. Oh, and in case you were wondering, she's gotten past her crush on Trent."

>"Daria's closest friend and confidante never gave up on her ambitions: She's a professional artist who's sold a few pieces, though she still hasn't "made it big." She lives in a loft in SoHo with her husband who's an archaeologist and rarely home, so luckily the besties get to spend tons of time together. They enjoy going to art shows and film events where you're supposed to socialize, but — surprise! — they only talk to each other."

>"The younger sister of Daria has consciously uncoupled from her college sweetheart and dropped her last name. (Rumor has it that once Quinn realized his athletic abilities weren't going to cut it professionally, she was done.) Quinn has triplet sons — Timmy, Tommy, and Teddy — and she still lives in Lawndale. In between caring for her boys and her hair extensions, she's hard at work on her popular YouTube channel dedicated to dessert and skin care called "S'mores and Pores.""

>writer, new york talk show
I didn't know Morgendorfer was a jewish name.

>"Daria and Quinn's parents are living it up as retirees. Every time Daria speaks to them, they're venturing out on yet another cruise, but whenever they're back in Lawndale, they're breaking a sweat in their weekly dance class."

>"While his Mystik Spiral days are over, Trent has found, well, not success exactly, but... a functioning band in Trent Lane and the Mystikal Explosion. He lives with his four bandmates in Queens. Trent had some financial success with Mystik Spiral's one-hit wonder, "Freakin' Friends," but since then has been making ends meet as a bartender. He and Jane still spend a lot of time together, and Daria often joins in. (See? It's not weird anymore, guys.)"

>"The head cheerleader and quarterback of Lawndale High are married and have three girls and two boys. Brittany is the weathergirl at the local news station and moonlights as part-time cheerleading coach at Lawndale High. Kevin is a stay-at-home dad who dabbles in children's birthday-party entertainment. While he can't quite squeeze into his belly-baring uniform anymore, you better believe Brittany's cheerleading uniform fits her like a glove — and she wears it every Halloween."

>As for Beavis and Butt-Head, well... that's a story for another day...

what kind of hipster trash wrote this? they all move to NYC to be artists in hip areas.

Co-creator Susie Lewis and character designer Karen Disher.

We already saw their futures in that wedding episode where Helen's sisters showed up and they were basically older Daria and Quinn clones.

example

I can't see this working outside of the 90's.

It might be possible to have a sequel series Girl Meets World style with Daria's and Quinn's children or something and how there is such a huge disconnect between the grim 90's cynical generation and the modern generation in high school today.

The where are they now reveal from a few months ago pretty much stated this.

All the kids look like Jeffy

It's like a weird combination of Dale and Nanvy Gribble, and Stan and Francine Smith.

Pretty sure they would still be sitting on the couch watching tv and eating burritos.

Probably still working at the same burger place.

What the fuck is the matter with you

I'm surprised he is not one of the typical peaked at highschool types that turned to coaching football instead of ever playing it.

THANK YOU! I'm tired of feeling like the only guy who doesn't get the whole sexy feet thing.

UNF nice

I'm more amazed at how surprised the feet people get when a foot appears on a kids show as if it was a nipple or something. It's a goddamn foot, that's how they "got away with it"

>Samefagging samefag samefags again

How about taking your little morality crusade the fuck out of Sup Forums fucker.

Isn't Daria's mom a well-paid lawyer? I don't know what her dad is but I'm pretty certain he made bank.

Assuming Daria was a teenager in the 90's and here parents bought their house in the 80's, they probably paid it off before or around the real estate crash, so they didn't suffer from it. Also the house was probably much much cheaper when they bought it in the 80's, so if they sold it, even at the bottom of the crash they probably made a decent profit on the house. If they sold the house before the crash, or after ~2012 then they probably made bank!

I don't know how old Daria's parents are, but if they palnned to retire in 2008 then their retirement savings were probably down and they couldn't. If they retired after 2012 when the stock market came back they were golden. If they retired before 2008 they probably had to take a downgrade in quality of life, but they should still be good.

Daria's parents lived in the perfect age, outside of them doing something completely stupid they're set up for their whole life.

Uh-huh

He was a legal consultant for a dot com startup.

>Morality crusade
Morality hasn't got anything to do with it, its just a weird fetish and everyone wants to gawk at the weirdos.

Its not helped by footfags going "unnnnffff feet" every time a character is barefoot.

They bought the house in 1998 and Daria graduated in 2002.

I would assume they sold the house shortly after the girls graduated and left for college since there is little need for a large house. They might be the types to move into something smaller so they can save. Helen did seem like she was smart with her money.

>Its not helped by footfags going "unnnnffff feet" every time a character is barefoot.

This

They bring this shit on themselves each and every time they cannot let a drawing of a fucking foot, even something as badly drawn as a Loud House one go by without having to publically lose their shit.

The foot thing just makes no sense to me, it's a foot. There is really nothing sexy there, and nothing unique or anything...I have a foot. I cannot care about feet.

But damn this place is weird with the people coming out of everywhere to comment about a poorly drawn foot appearing on screen and going fucking crazy asking how that happened on a kids show as if it were full frontal nudity or something.

why didn't this end up the canon future for daria?

UNF nice

>picture signed by the faggot who colored it with a dumb fucking name

Why the fuck do you need to "get" anything at all?

It's ass blasted faggots like you who keep trying to inject your own problems into everyone else' lives. The only one with any problems is you asshole, you are here bitching and moaning about what other people like and then you actually claim that they are the ones with a problem? The only one here with a problem is you.

He doesn't seem that assblasted user, just curious.

Why so defensive?

Not understanding why some people like something and having a problem with something are two very different concepts. Why does the idea of other people trying to educate themselves make you so defensive? Are you ashamed of your foot fetish and feel the need to lash out, or are you just a faggot? And how is "Feet are sexy" any more valid than other people saying "Feet are not sexy?"
>RAWR U THINK DIFFRENT AN NAO IM SKURRD

´Coz lesbians and trannies are disgusting!, the trannies cannot be in the army anymore!

I ship it.

Realistically Jane probably be fat by now

Never. Hopefully it will be forgotten and purged from this world.

No, it couldn't. Part of the reason "Daria" works - and still holds up today - is because, original music and references to "the next millennium" aside, it avoided dating itself in terms of cultural references as much as it possibly could. When a show leans so hard into those sorts of things, it dates itself too hard and becomes unbearable to watch until decades later. (This is partially why "That '70s Show" worked and "That '80s Show" didn't: One was made an acceptable amount of time after the titular decade, and the other was not.)

"Daria" concentrated on characters within a specific timeframe of American society, yes, but it never tried to be all "THIS IS LATE '90S AMERICA, EVERYONE IS LIKE THIS". A modern version of this show would lean so hard into "properly" representing modern society - pop culture and technology, politics, etc. - that it would likely overshadow character development and storylines. We don't need that shit. I don't want that shit.

LEARN TO LET THINGS END AND STAY ENDED. FUCK.

Nah, Jane's not only skinny as a rail in the show, she's a runner. She runs for fun, remember? She was even on the track team for an episode. I bet she's still in good shape. If anything, Daria would be the fat one. At the very least I bet she got a little chubby.

Then why bother pointing out the whole foot fetish thing in the first place if it is not meant to start problems.

you cannot come in here, being belittleing someone else and never expect to hear anything back from it.