Do you have any hope for Justice League? Wonder Woman was alright...

Do you have any hope for Justice League? Wonder Woman was alright, but I dread to think what the combined efforts of Snyder and Whedon will create. The villain isn't anyone's first pick, the plot is another scavenger hunt with portals from what it appears, and the CGI/jokes are hit and miss from what we've seen in the trailers. Keep in mind, I dont want it to be bad, but it feels weird not being excited for a Justice League movie.

>the combined efforts of Snyder and Whedon

I loved MoS, the Ultimate Edition of BvS, and WW, so I'm ridiculously hyped.

inb4 shit taste etc.

WW was pretty great but is a completelly different director with a pretty bad record, Whedon will just do edits so this is 99% a snyder movie.

I hope it can be a good movie but...

I hate Batfleck. Cyborg will never be good. Flash is them trying too hard to make a Marvel character and overcorrecting.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman seem alright.

Superman blows.

I imagine it's going to be a mediocre movie with some okay moments.

Yes user, I expect to enjoy it.

I lost any hope for it when Snyder stepped back as the director and got replaced with Whedon. Snyder at least tried to do something interesting and different with his movies. I kinda adore BvS, overambitious as it is.

I wish they had replaced him with someone a bit more daring and experimental. Vileneuve or Fincher or something. But not Joss "the only thing good I ever did was a television show about space cowboys" Whedon.

H--he's only in charge of the editing! How much damage can he do, right?

>H--he's only in charge of the editing! How much damage can he do, right?
If you like Snyder films because you like Snyder's preferences, then it is natural to not like what is going to happen when he is gone.

You have the right to like what you like, but Warner is moving on and it is something you need to accept.

I enjoyed Wonder Woman, and it was the first DCEU film I have liked. It felt genuine, like there wasn't executive meddling and that it was genuinely the film the actors, directors, and staff wanted to make. It showed a bigger world through simple things, like the Wayne letter at the beginning, without forcing you to remember this was leading up to Justice League.

I don't hate Batman v Superman, but I know it has problems. Man of Steel disappointed me, and I admittedly have not seen Suicide Squad so I can't make an opinion on it, other than it from trailers seeming like it wanted to cash grab hard for that Guardians Money, while bringing in the Hot Topic crowd.

Those things all being said, I want The Flash and The Batman to be good. I'd love to see Aquaman be good, since the dude playing him just seems so stoked to be Aqua-Bro. I don't have a resounding amount of faith in JL or the future films, but, I want to believe?

>pretty bad record

Patti actually directed a movie than won an Oscar for the lead actress and was otherwise nominated. Snyder hasn't managed that. For that matter, neither had Whedon. The other work she has done has been well reviewed and received, mostly in TV.

>will do edits so this is 99%

You really don't understand how films are made and I'm not going to waste a lot of time. Whedon wrote some material even before Snyder left, he's been asked by WB to write bridging material because they've determined, from viewing the raw footage before it's even cut, edited, etc. that they don't make sense without material to address what happened (or how they got) between point A and point B. From what's been reported by legit sources, it looks like a lot of the action will end up being directed by Snyder but a lot of the tone of the movie may be set by the dialogue. I expect Whedon will be credited on the screenplay, but he's actually doctored a ton of movies where that didn't happen so who knows. I expect it will still say "a Zach Snyder film" but either Whedon will be listed as a co-director or something like additional material or some such.

Depending on how much Snyder is editing over the phone, the tone of the movie will be different than it would have been if Snyder was around to physically be involved. Something as simple as the music change already indicates that the film will be somewhat different than Snyder would have if he was left alone - not that this was going to happen irrespective of his family tragedy.

So, 99%? Absolutely not.

Yes I do, for three reasons:

1. The story is simple as fuck and mostly consists of action scenes, which Snyder is generally good at. They'd have to be actively trying to wreck something so bare.

2. Whedon, for all that I dislike him, is good at writing "connecting" scenes between set pieces, a skill Zack lacks, and quickly inserting characterization into dialogue. His reshoots took several months and cost $25 million, making me think they'll do a noticeable bit to smooth over the rough edges.

3. I had a mixed but overall positive opinion of Man of Steel, and loved Wonder Woman, so to me the DCEU is more of a mixed bag so far than complete garbage. Thus it still has my trust for one more film.

No hope for Justice League or The Flash.

Maybe Aquaman will be good? We know next to nothing about that film, but at least we know from Wonder Woman that solo films might have enough autonomy that they can be made or broken on the filmmakers' own merits, and they won't necessarily be poisoned by the shit already established by the studio.

nope. not one

>k and mostly consists of action scenes, which Snyder is generally good at

It's all going to be variations on the godawful Doomsday fight. A bunch of CGI lightning and smoke in 300-tier greenscreen environments. If Snyder is good at anything, it's basic hand-to-hand shit. He can't do spectacle action at all, which is what JL is going to consist of outside of whatever prerequisite "Batman reks some guys" set-piece we'll get in the first act.

Fucking Guy Ritchie is better at spectacle if that King Arthur movie is any indication.

There's not going to be a giant CGI monster blow up a bunch of helicopters and then punch the heroes through five skyscrapers and coat everything in dust. From what we see in the trailers it's going to be straightforward scenes of the mostly street-level heroes butchering mooks. Plus a big army battle.

>Do you have any hope for Justice League?

Yes, I hope it's better than BVS. I'm not expecting it to be good though.

Worst part is it's most likely going to retrospectively give WW a bad aftertaste. Currently that's their only unreserved triumph, and even that's going to be sullied.

Yup. I don't care what it will end up as. I just enjoy any DC stories onscreen and like to finally see the characters doing something

>From what we see in the trailers it's going to be straightforward scenes of the mostly street-level heroes butchering mooks. Plus a big army battle.

Well Snyder tried those in Sucker Punch and showed he wasn't any good at that either.

And it still has the godawful Snyder-approved CGI environments right out of a Dark Souls level. I have no idea why he still thinks an artistic decision that worked in exactly one movie that he didn't even direct(Sin City) still looks good going on more then a decade later.

I'd be fine with his unique artistic decisions if they didn't all look like shit. The JL action looks like a nightmare just from the trailers.

The action scenes in 300 were good. So was Batman's massacre of Lex's goons in BVS. I also liked the MOS fight scenes, though BVS's Mega-Zod fight didn't do anything for me.

Yeah, I am pretty hyped. I've been liking the trailers so far and I'm digging the flash running sequences. What got me really hype is Stephenwolf saying "No Lanterns"

>The action scenes in 300 were good

I liked them in 2007 but they don't hold up at all now.

>So was Batman's massacre of Lex's goons in BVS

I won't deny that wasn't technically proficient, but I had so little investment in the characters at that point I didn't care. It may as well have been a YouTube Arkham City fan film for all it mattered. But removed from that it was pretty decent even if it had a terrible case of Iron Man 2 Disease.

>I also liked the MOS fight scenes, though BVS's Mega-Zod fight didn't do anything for me.

I liked the Smallville stuff, but the liquid metal hentai machine and the final Zod fight were both pretty bad.

I have zero hope right now. I've really despised every entry of the DCEU right now, but I really don't want to. I'm not a part of company wars - my hope as a comic fan is that we get amazing movies from each side that continue to raise the bar.

But this continues to be a "let's chase Marvel" disaster, and has barely defined any character, only slamming them in your face and saying "LOOK. LOOK WHO THIS IS. IT'S YOUR CHARACTER IN A MOVIE." Yet, they're horribly misinterpreted.

Justice League will make enough money to keep this thing going. I'll go see it, because, eh, comics are my thing. But most of my "normie" friends haven't gone to see BvS or Suicide Squad, because they've already gotten tired of the shitty universe.

I knew a dangerously large amount of people who went to see Wonder Woman because they thought it was a Marvel movie.

I don't mean this to be a company war post, just that I haven't met a single person who likes these movies outside of Sup Forums.

The DCEU hasnt disappointed me so far.