ITS HAPPENING

ITS HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-eq9w8Qi_LM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The darkest timeline.

Bravo, niggers.

JUST

It cost $50mil to make. There was no way it wouldn't make back it's budget and then some. We're going to see one of these every fucking year.

>implying anything can stop Sony execs

It's because everyone wants to go see the trainwreck. It's gonna have a terrible second week and finish up with overall low earnings. Calling it.

Was this our fault? Not just Sup Forums, but the entirety of ironic meme culture? Did we make the Emoji movie a success with our love of shit? Or is it just kids watching anything brightly colored?

Of course it made money, its a fucking animated film and its summer.

Not it's because the generic kids movie trailers got enough little shits begging mommy and daddy to see it.

color me surprised

This desu.
Sausage Party was garbage, but it made back its money pretty easily.

>it made back its money pretty easily.
Because it was the product of literal ancap slave labor.

>Emoji movie sets new records because of all the dumbass kids and preteens
>Sony immediately green-lights a sequel
>We get 3 more emoji movies, including a straight to dvd (are those even a thing anymore?) movie staring the hacker emoji, and a Cartoon Network show
>Fast forward 17 years
>Emojis themselves stopped being relevant long ago.
>The emoji movie regains popularity among internet nerd culture
>Vintage-style t-shirts start popping up with emojis on them
>People start talking about the emoji movie on message boards, writing emoji movie fanfiction, making unironic emoji movie memes
>Teenage hipsters yearn for the good old days, when people made REAL movies like the emoji movie
>After 3 or so years of this, Sony CEO Robo-Hirai makes an announcement
>"Emoji Movie is to be coming back" he says, before walking offstage to a chorus of applause.
>We get another 4 emoji movie sequels.
>They all still suck

I'm supervised it even had a Thursday showing. Despite making 900k that night I still hope there is a chance of failure.

>Did we make the Emoji movie a success with our love of shit? Or is it just kids watching anything brightly colored?

yes.

>the movie does well because of all the "IM GOING TO IRONICALLY SEE THIS MOVIE SO I CAN FIND OUT HOW BAD IT IS"

Is that talking food? Oh no.

As someone who works around kids, they fucking love emojis, it's probably gonna make a decent dent this weekend and with its moderate budget it'll probably make enough to crank out a sequel

What's that thing on the left supposed to be?

A quotation mark.

>but the entirety of ironic meme culture? Did we make the Emoji movie a success with our love of shit? Or is it just kids watching anything brightly colored?
Both, obviously. People just don't fucking understand that watching bad movies, and I mean absolutely bad movies, isn't "fun" if you're going to go in the fucking theaters to do it. There are so many alternative ways to watch the movie if your curiosity forced you to watch, but people have to be "ironic".

Sausage Party was a solid 8/10, probably the best animated comedy of the last decade.

Looks like a fried prawn

I want to shove my penis in Salma Hayek if you know what I mean.

"Generation, regeneration, again, again, as in a ritual, with blood-stained vestments and nail-torn hands, children of Merlin, chasing a dream. Children, too, of Eve, forever building edens -- and kicking them apart in berserk fury because somehow it isn't the same. (AGH! AGH! AGH! -- an idiot screams his mindless anguish amid the rubble. But quickley! let it be inundated by the choir, chanting Alleluias at ninety decibels.)"

Tempura shrimp. It's a Japan thing.

All of the about be. Plus America.

Why is there even a fried shrimp emoji?

Fugg Apple's is weird looking

>apple
damn, they look way different at the grocery store

THE JEWS ARE AT WORK HERE

And how did you make it successful? By calling it shit? And had you not talked about it, would it become hidden gem? Emoji The Movie doesn't sound like quality does it. Its no surprise to hear that its shit. Nobody is calling it a hilarious trainwreck either.

The only way Emoji movies success could be Sup Forums's fault is when they market the movie as anti-Alt Right. All those negative reviews? Homophobes, Racists, Capitalists.

Thanks. I think I've seen that in some Sup Forums stuff but didn't know it's an emoji too, and didn't recognise it from the image in the OP.

sequel soon drumpfkins

>Microsoft
What is this? Monster Hunter?

Wow who'da thunk that something people have been talking about non-fucking-stop would be successful?

We need a word for this. Like the Drumpf Effect or something.

BONALD GLUMF BTFO

We talked about the ghostbusters remake nonstop and but that didn't prevent it from being a massive flop

Google with the subliminal gay propaganda as per usual.

>Drumpf
You're fucking brainwashed and you don't even realize it, you think you're being cute

>decent start

That's code for "underperforming but only slightly."

And if that's the start there's every hope bad word of mouth will make for a big dropoff.

I bet this movie doesn't last four weeks.

I feel partially responsible...

It only has $10 million if I'm correct.Tomorrow's the only other day this movie can make back the budget. It's only got 1/5 of what was used to make it and that's not counting the marketing. If the movie doesn't get $40 million or more, we can call this a financial failure. Nobody sees a movie the third day after public release.

kek

>Nobody sees a movie the third day after public release.
Well they do, but not movies like this.

because emojis came from japan

Can confirm. Nephew wanted to see the 2011 Muppets movie a couple days after release and the theatre was fucking empty.

They will.
The movie is marketed at parents who will take their kid to whatever makes them laugh without taking a second look at reviews. The movie does have some fun moments.

This is when the single Sup Forumsmrades go into movies alone in trenchcoats to watch without judgement.
The Guardians of the Galaxy 2 showing was full of you guys a month after the release.

>implying kids will beg to see this over Despicable Me or Spider-Man

I hope it won't make it to the hundred millions, or we'd be fucked.

Here's what we have to look forward to from Sony in 2017 and 2018 in terms of animated movies.

* A holiday movie that takes place in the first Christmas involving animals

* More Hotel Transylvania.

* An animated Spider-Man film.

No Popeye still.

Will any of these be good? Is there still hope for Sony's animated department?

This. Also, just found out about some Studio Ghibli Fest going on at some theatres, if you're into that.

I have no sympathy for the fags that kept saying this movie will be shit only to then give Sony their money by watching it "ironically"

>Is there still hope for Sony's animated department?

They have talented animators but an overbearing management so they're stuck making crap. Albeit sometimes visually impressive crap.

>2017
>2D animation in theaters

That's just a placeholder image. I have no idea what the animated Spider-Man movie will look like.

The Star had a trailer released a couple of days ago. Looks a lot more shitty than I was expecting.
youtube.com/watch?v=-eq9w8Qi_LM

>Jesus with Balaam's Donkey – shit
>Adam Sandler Dracula again – shit
>The Miles Morales movie – could be good if it were being made by anyone but Sony, but since it is being made by Sony, it's probably gonna be shit or at least mediocre

>HT
>Shit
Whoa, you can suck a massive dick.
It's the only thing Sandler is actually trying in.

>no Wiko
0/10

I hope this is true.

I can only pray. Its looking like a straight to Netflix though.

Is their entire team based out Cambodia or something?

Hold on there, who's the massive dick here? The guy disagreeing with you, or the guy disagreeing with me? Because I think it's the stupid basement-dwelling asshole disagreeing with me.

If The Emoji Movie doesn't sink Sony Animation, this movie will.

>yfw Sony saves 2D

>who's the massive dick here?
>Gets that from "suck a massive dick"
>stupid basement-dwelling asshole
Are you projecting user?

Oh boy, hardcore Christians are not gonna be pleased.

user, Emjoi had a production budget of $50mil. There is no fucking way it's going to sink Sony.

We've finally found it. A movie that appeals to no one. Non-Christians won't like it because it's about Jesus, and Christians won't like it either because it shits all over their favorite Bible story.

No, but you're projecting projection.

I so badly want this to reach #1.

Can we all agree that Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 1 and 2 was Sony's only good movie?

I haven't seen Smurfs: The Lost Village yet, so I withhold my judgement towards it.

This movie will make $1bil.

I'm an athesist thank you very much *tips feijoada*, but what the fuck is this shit?
>Ving Rhames
>Tyler Perry
>Oprah
>Mariah Carey
wew Dean

>and a Cartoon Network show
>Cheap, flash animated emoji cartoon
Gentlemen, I've found our next Teen Titans Go.

Also the Characters look like they're from Civ 4

>Hotel Transylvania 3
Hopefully it won't have a shit ending

>AGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA
Every time..

I just got a ad for the trailer, on the trailer. Coincidence? I think not.

Your forgetting the assload of money poured into marketing, they have to make that back too

Along with the Cloudy movies, I liked the first Hotel Transylvania (even if it did have some flaws). And I haven't seen the smurf movie either, but I like how the character models look. Way better than the earlier attempts to turn the 2D characters into CGI.

I watched the trailer for "Star" a moment after I had just seen Pixar's short film "Piper". That massive contrast in the animation quality made the models and the animation in "Star" look extra hideous.

this tbqh. Sup Forums is gonna have a fucking meltdown and it'll be hilarious.[/spoiler[

>Hotel Transylvania 3 is about Drac falling in love on a cruise ship
fucking lame
atleast it'll have fun animation and be somewhat decent with Genndy behind it, hopefully.

>that voice cast
>IT S A BUDGET MOVIE GUYS
kekitty kek

feels like a parody sketch

I have a question. 27.5m+ is too good for this POS. Hollywood should not be rewarded for shit.

How is this POS at 6% RT making that much? Come on parents, you rejected so many shitty animated films like Penguins of Madagascar, Storks, Planes, Planes 2, Smurfs 2 & 3, Alvin & The Chipmunks 4, Ninja Turtles 2, What happened?

I remember 6 years ago when parents chose squeaking blow chunks over a fabulous globetrotting animated adventure. That was very sad to see happen... In 2013/2014, I thought parents were getting wiser with how to tell which animated films are crap. What's so special about talking crap?

I'll admit I am curious what they'd do in a sequel...

The cast is just very strange. A Walking Dead actor, some actors from other animated movies, a has been pop star, a woman who sung the Wicked soundtrack, talk show host, a girl who felt guilty about masturbating, fucking Fluffy, Tyler fucking Perry, and another has been pop star with her last hit since 2009!

Not to mention how shitty the animation looks. Emoji Movie might make $100 million sadly but it will do no favors for Sony Animation's reputation. The Star might not even make $20 million.

The new tactic is to pour millions into marketing.

They realized a couple years ago that recognition is fucking everything and have the means now to ads for shitty movies into your billboards, TV, cat videos, etc...The normie mind has never been so accessible.

$50 million isn't dirt-cheap but it's not huge budget either.

Literally this. It wouldn't be out of place in a bad Family Guy flashback.

Almost every wide release gets Thursday showings now.

Cloudy 2 was a disappointment.

Still it's not Emoji movie levels of bad.

Because Japan.

Same reason emojis in general exist.