>This and Happy Days came out on the same show, just two weeks apart
>Ran for 48 episodes
>Dealt with politics, race, sexuality and other adult themes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QogocIg_KGE
youtu.be/mbsEYoKm9X8?t=44s
youtube.com/watch?v=ecQkZ_xIQJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holy shit. Someone besides me remember this show?

this show had the balls to depict off-screen underage sex in the theme song. I salute them for that

Because Family Guy ripped it off.

I remember the daughter wanting to wear a see through shirt without a bra.

they compromised by having her add a shawl.

Holy shit why haven't I heard of this before. It has my favorite aesthetic and comes from a time when adult cartoons were well written.

It wasn't really all that popular and the subject matter prevented it from taking on a second life in Saturday morning repeat or spinoffs.

I remember watching it really late at night on Cartoon Network. I remember liking the show, but the only thing I remember about it now is the youngest son was a businessman or something and was constantly giving the dad money.

Anyone that likes this artstyle should check out "Just Wait Till You Have Children of Your Own" by Erma Bombeck. It has these perfect illustratrations by Bil Keane that really nails that '69-'71 aesthetic

I never heard of this until now

youtu.be/QogocIg_KGE

Wow, I used to watch this on boomerang
I fucking loved it

youtu.be/mbsEYoKm9X8?t=44s
Wow.

Seeing that generic Family Circus kid head drawn on a teenage body is fucking weird.

Probably because the material made it difficult to re-target the series for children (unlike The Flintstones, which went from a prime time series to a Saturday morning cartoon).

youtube.com/watch?v=ecQkZ_xIQJQ

This generation gap stuff is pretty cringey desu.

I know this from years back when I would watch CN UK despite not knowing any English. I didn't like it because it was more talking than action or slapstick.

I'm watching the first episode right now. Pretty good. That neighbor is pretty much Sup Forums-lite, isn't he?

I do but I turn 50 this year.

I used to watch this show when it was on Cartoon Network's late night schedule. ( A precursor to Adult Swim) I thought it was good, but you got a few facts wrong.

First of all, it was NOT a "Prime Time" cartoon, except possibly on the west coast since it aired on Sunday nights at 10:30 p.m. EST.

Secondly, it first aired in 1972 which is two YEARS before Happy Days, NOT two weeks.

Also Happy Days was a spin off of an episode of Love American Style, and, other than Tom Bosley, had no relation whatsoever with Wait Til Your Father Gets Home.

>Drinking
>Smoking
>Going to bars and night clubs
>Mother in law jokes
>Sponsored by Winston Cigarettes

The Flinstones really didn't become kid safe or family friendly until after Barney and Betty adopted Bam Bam, and even then, they managed to sneak in a few in jokes that only adults would get.

jinkies

It must have been nice to live in a sex-positive era.

It became kid and family friendly since Pebbles was born. It is when Winston stopped their jingles in the show.

I like how your post is just to correct OP without contributing to the discussion.

The fuck you're on about? There are multiple apps can the literally get you lad in the next 24 hours. Don't act like society is oppressing you.

It was forgotten for a couple of reasons:

1. Animation was blah due to the super low production values

2. Characters were one dimensional and lacking in depth

3. It was very much contrived and the morals preached hamfisted and so in your face that people thought it was preachy

4. It had no real twist towards it to make it stand out from it's live action counterparts.

Both this cartoon and Happy Days were spinoffs of Love, American Style. HD's pilot ep aired a couple of weeks after this one's pilot.

Just you and Seth MacFarlane

I don't feelcomfortable with your comment, are you trying to rape me?

would you like romance before knocking boots, user?

like, go check your fucking privikekges before even speaking to mxe again, shitlord.

>privikekges

The 70's were a hellhole of a decade user. All the SJW shit we have now is the result of people doing away with the old norms and acting like hedonistic faggots. You act like consequences don't exist, and that just makes them worse.

>Implying the times we live in now aren't as hedonistic and immoral as they were in the '70s, even more so

I'm not prude but god damn you're one retarded millennial

Yeah man, used to watch this show late nights at my grandma's house.

That and Are You Being Served.

*sigh* I miss the 90s...