Homestuck

>re-read Homestuck
>check the archive
>realize all the cancer started around Act 5

What went so wrong, lads?

yoko ono

The main problem is that Homestuck threads aren't ban offenses at this point.

go back to your dozen gwenpool threads

IMO Act 5 and even early Act 6 had their strong points. I think the comic could have easily been redeemed at any point BEFORE A6A6A1. That's when the comic really jumped the shark for good.

It thought it was way too clever.

My Homestuck lore is weak, but isnt that around the time the fanbase really took off and he started surroundinv himself with collaborators and "community?"

Some artists nees to be reeled in, but not Hussie. His greatest talent comes from his own insanity. Once he started working with other people, got a girlfriend, and had a huge audience, I feel he started to censor himself and was subconsciously trying to please to many people rather than just writing for himself.

Andrew started dating Rachel at the point where Eridan killed Kanaya and Bec Noir killed Mr. Egbert and Ms. Lalonde. This is also when the update rate massively dropped.

The highest rate of updates is centered at the point where Equius and Robo-Aradia kiss.

The entirety of Homestuck takes place within the dream of the pony from Jailbreak. Horuss is the avatar of the slumbering Godhead.

*Act 6

Strangely enough, that same lore is the reason why a LOT of fans were so engrossed in Homestuck. How did he manage to reel in so many lorefags with such empty worldbuilding? What's the secret?

Dunno, I got kinda lost at that part with the assassins.

>What's the secret?

Loose threads and popularity.

It's like Darksouls if you're familiar with that. It doesn't really have any lore, it just has a theme. People think it has to have lore, because the setting is so in depth, but it doesnt. Same with Homestuck. The setting is really developed, but nothing is explained. It's shallow. Wide as an ocean deep as a puddle. The side effect of this is people become convinced that the lore exists and try to piece it together themselves. Which is why Homestuck was so popular, not only with shippers, but with fan fiction and conspiracy writers as well. We'll never get to see any fruit to half of Homestuck's plot devices, but we weren't meant to.

If the series wasn't so popular, people would bash it for bad writing, but because it's popular, it lends credibility to the whole shebang.

Katnep is dum8.

I still can't believe how the ending turned the human kids so pointless, the trolls did literally 99% of the job.

I unironically love all of Homestuck, even the retcon. It's the best story I've ever read or seen. Fight me

>Fight me
There are serious criminal laws against assaulting minors

*teleports behind you*
omae wa mou shindeiru

i am glad that hussie wrote it, even though it kind of trailed off at the end.

So anyone got subtle/hidden connections or eastereggs someone might miss?

I want more of that stuff

Anything that exists like that has already been covered, and nothing really came about like that in the later stuff because Hussie stopped caring.

>Homestuck

NO!

NO! BAD user!

FUCK OFF!

What rule does it break hotpockets. Tell me.

>The highest rate of updates is centered at the point where Equius and Robo-Aradia kiss.
>The last moment where Hussie still gave a fuck about the comic mentally was at the horse x ram union

Really nogs my jogs also trips confirm

Now with the previous reply in mind, this is more likely than people would think.

Act 5 was the best
Murderstuck was fun
K
Y
S

John is freedom

the rule of STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE NOT TO MENTION IT'S ALREADY DEAD AND BURIED, NO ARGUMENT

Davepeta, Vriska and Terezi are killed at the end unless seen otherwise. I think theres nothing else because it all went away with retcon.

this will always be the canon ending.
best girls

john is DEPRESSED

>because something is finished and over it can't be discussed
Then you pretty much have to delete any thread that isn't discussing an ongoing series.

Yeah act 5 was fine it was act 6 that was like a tumor and interrupted the flow of the story. Acts 1 - 5 handled all the relationshippy stuff that the story didn't really need but it has anyways, there was no reason to have more of it especially with cringey characters like Jane. Act 6 and onwards was a key point to flush out more of the lore in the homestuck universe, and while it did happen, particularly during the intermissions, so much time was wasted setting up the new brand of kids that it just became a chore to read. It also didn't help that the author wrote himself into a corner (which honestly surprises me considering the hero to villain ratio was definitely favored for the good guys in terms of numbers) and had to cheat the system in order to wrap up his story.

I didn't mean to reply to that user fml

I think I know a way Hussie could have fixed it . The big problem is that there ARE TOO MANY FUCKING TROLLS. So I think he should have cut the amount in half by fusing the trolls together give like for instance my picture note wouldn't have to be her in the story but it works. Pre-Scratch her is more like Aradia and post-scratch her would be more like Vriska. That way the 12 actually important trolls still exist in some form. Now I don't know who would be fused but cutting it from 12 to 6 would improved it.

The canon ending is that you've wasted almost 10 years on this fuckin cesspool of TRASH that you'll NEVER get back.

Suck on that for a while.

homestuck
RUINED
my LIFE

I got to bang two cosplayers, so I'm good bro.

Nothing to brag about when they're males.

Imagine being someone who wanted to ship John/Aradia

>males in the homestuck fandom
Oh you poor deluded soul

There are no male Homestuck cosplayers, even the male cosplayers are being done by females, get with the program dumbass.

>male

>doesn't want to fug karkat's feet

Trips are beating Dubs.

Did their """"""feminine"""" penis at least feel good fgt?

>tfw if it wasn't homestuck you'd probably never have seen two overweight women dressed as boys make out with each other

>The big problem is that there ARE TOO MANY FUCKING TROLLS.

I think Hussie was just fucking around by the end. He introduced three full troll sets into the story.

I am a guy who cosplayed as John for a chick dressed as Terezi and sadly didn't get anything from her

>using John to cruise for Terezis
Well there's your first problem

But she asked that I be John

shit art

And you listened to her

shit post

I like Equius, he’s a fun character, but he arguably did deserve what he got. Basically, he failed completely to move past his racism and died for it, as well as ending up getting Nepeta killed.

His death was character appropriate, wasn’t random and it was karmic. If Homestuck had any decently written character arcs, it was Equius. But the eternal irony is that he was a joke character that Hussie had no intention of using for long.

Hussie is at his best when being funny, which post-retcon, he wasn't.

fuck off steel

Better, if you're here steel draw more Lewd Aradia or jade and aradia's big fat cock adventure

Am i missing some new meme

>wanting art from someone who can't draw

I like his stuff.

you'd be better off asking 3d user.

But I am 3D user

>even in source, blind girl has nice ass

You can draw anything of Terezi, immediately god will come down and make that picture have her have a hot butt.

Shut the fuck up (You) can't draw for shit can ya

This Kanaya is indeed of considerable coolness.

John is pretty cool

Good boy
Best character

ALL Kanayas are

What is john doing to that green space chick

Good point.

You know I've never considered it but John and Kanaya together is kinda cute with him pranking her

Getting her pregnant, it's standard John procedure

Trolls cannot have human babies.

So does he just nut on the spikey orb?

Kanaya Lightening up when ever John cracks a joke or two while also being Genuinely nice to her.
I can see it!

I like how Andrew drew Kanaya early on. Around 5.2 he started drawing her differently. I think that's when he started giving trolls huge bug eyes

Don't cuck the Rose

I don't think that is how it works

cucking worl\ks differently

fine no NTR the rose

What about them watching movies and her pointing out the silly fashion

> Oh John Your Pranks Are So Much Better Than Rose's

Problem Sleuth didn't die for this.

>he started to censor himself and was subconsciously trying to please to many people
Anyone remember the >CAUCASIAN ?

What is up with these artists giving women sideburns and arm hair?

Did he do anything important after the fucking omegapause?

You forget just how potent John's loins are.

It was quite peachy.

I remember a lot of things.